Why did bases need to be RESET?

Chekov.P
Chekov.P
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 8
I just want to know why the bases needed to be reset. Its not like the buildings were actually gone. The only people that couldnt see the base was the player that created the base. A friend of mine attacked my base after everything but 1 defense platform and 2 anti-matter storage units had disappeared. My friend could see my whole base when he attacked, so the game still knew what my base was made of. So why the reset? why not take the time to actually fix the problem instead of just resetting so many bases? Would Kixeye fix this same problem the same way if the game was live?
The one and only.
  • TermiN4tor
    TermiN4tor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 258
    once you started repairing your base everything would have been fixed,happened to someone that had the same problem
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,794
    Chekov.P said:
    I just want to know why the bases needed to be reset. Its not like the buildings were actually gone. The only people that couldnt see the base was the player that created the base. A friend of mine attacked my base after everything but 1 defense platform and 2 anti-matter storage units had disappeared. My friend could see my whole base when he attacked, so the game still knew what my base was made of. So why the reset? why not take the time to actually fix the problem instead of just resetting so many bases? Would Kixeye fix this same problem the same way if the game was live?
    No, but this is closed beta. 
    That's how it works sometimes. 
    Its EASIER to simply reset, and you specifically agreed to whatever treatment KE needed to efficiently design their game. 
    You are theoretically TESTING, not just handed a head start for 'live' play.

Would I be pissed if it happened to me?
    YES

But I would understand it.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• silencedhell
    silencedhell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 20
    Chekov.P said:
    No, but this is closed beta. 
    That's how it works sometimes. 
    Its EASIER to simply reset, and you specifically agreed to whatever treatment KE needed to efficiently design their game. 
    You are theoretically TESTING, not just handed a head start for 'live' play.

Would I be pissed if it happened to me?
    YES

But I would understand it.
    Agreed.
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    why it needs to be reset? Becuz fk u thats y!
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    N3mo said:
    once you started repairing your base everything would have been fixed,happened to someone that had the same problem
    Well, in my case my base couldn't get beaten with the tech most players had...
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Lake_Side
    Lake_Side
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 220
    Well hopefully they reset everyone soon. Was lvl24 now lvl14 with crap ships and outa coins already. Getting sniped by enemy from before reset that are still lvl25 or so. Frustrating. Resting desnt bother me. Its a test after all. 
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Lake_Side said:
    Well hopefully they reset everyone soon. Was lvl24 now lvl14 with crap ships and outa coins already. Getting sniped by enemy from before reset that are still lvl25 or so. Frustrating. Resting desnt bother me. Its a test after all. 
    Maybe you shouldn't have got rid of your bubble and coins that quickly? I am not spending anything on res, so got still all y coins and nearly level 10
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• DanHa
    DanHa
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 812
    If VEGA Conflict was in Open Beta or we had enabled the ability to purchase coins, we would investigate every other option before resorting to a base reset. 
    KIXEYE Community Manager

VEGA Conflict FAQ

Support Form | Forum Rules 

This discussion has been closed.