Preferential Treatment of some players

KODIAK BEAR
KODIAK BEAR
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,517
Why is it that the same players, over and over again, get preferential treatment in this game by Kixeye? By that I mean they get invitations to preview servers, given passwords to test out Vega Conflict or are asked to take part in polls.

I have noted that it is not linked to player level or whether they coin or not. But it is definitely the same few players over and over again. There is  a HUGE advantage in seeing releases in advance, trying out new fleets with free coins or testing your fleet combos with free repairs.  Some of these players even leak everything they see but are still allowed to continue.

I strongly suspect that these players are those who flatter Kixeye and are keen to give feedback they think Kixeye want to hear so that these players can continue to get this preferential treatment. Which is why Kixeye so often get changes and updates to the game so very wrong.

It would be different if everyone had the same opportunity but they clearly do not. Am I the only one who thinks this is UNFAIR?

Right now many players are getting a HUGE headstart in Vega Conflict. On that basis alone I will personally feel aggrieved enough to not even try the game out IF I ever get the opportunity to do so. Nobody likes to start a foot race when others have been given an unfair head start.

Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,153
    edited 29 Mar 2013, 11:43PM
    honestly they dont really pick u request and get accepted in the order u request same as with test servers first 1000 it is usually get in if ur too late ur fault not kixeyes...
    Image may contain: text
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Kodi Bear said:
    Why is it that the same players, over and over again, get preferential treatment in this game by Kixeye? By that I mean they get invitations to preview servers, given passwords to test out Vega Conflict or are asked to take part in polls.

I have noted that it is not linked to player level or whether they coin or not. But it is definitely the same few players over and over again. There is  a HUGE advantage in seeing releases in advance, trying out new fleets with free coins or testing your fleet combos with free repairs.  Some of these players even leak everything they see but are still allowed to continue.

I strongly suspect that these players are those who flatter Kixeye and are keen to give feedback they think Kixeye want to hear so that these players can continue to get this preferential treatment. Which is why Kixeye so often get changes and updates to the game so very wrong.

It would be different if everyone had the same opportunity but they clearly do not. Am I the only one who thinks this is UNFAIR?

Right now many players are getting a HUGE headstart in Vega Conflict. On that basis alone I will personally feel aggrieved enough to not even try the game out IF I ever get the opportunity to do so. Nobody likes to start a foot race when others have been given an unfair head start.

I'm in vega, send Magic a pm and you are more than welcome to take my place there as i dont like the game and am not playing it. I didnt get an "invite" I merely applied. But yes some players do get an email invite as far as im aware but they are probably their best customers and spend a bit.
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    i got a email invite and im by far not a "best customer" lol
  • Nexahs
    Nexahs
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,144
    Kodi Bear said:

VEGA Conflict beta keys are currently on a random draw, people are randomly selected. For Preview Sessions, it depends, there have been various Preview Sessions that were open to the public. Selective Preview Sessions depend on what is being previewed.
    I just got a second BETA key I'll start the bidding at 1 trillion dollars ^_^
    Logging into the four rooms whenever there's been an update.#wandavision from we run on purple time
    BP - 2307531 / 
    WC - 922580 / VC - 13270

• Chris.Cameron
    Chris.Cameron
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4
    Since they did their last upgrade today I no longer have my level 10 Naval Lab,anyone have any comments on what happened
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    honestly they dont really pick u request and get accepted in the order u request same as with test servers first 1000 it is usually get in if ur too late ur fault not kixeyes...
    I am talking about those people who get sent e-mail invitations to take part in these events or get sent keys. They are not random. They are the SAME people over and over again.

But it looks like these people will already have  a great advantage being on the game and learning the basics for weeks in advance. They may also be able to retain any builds or research they have done as well, from what I hear.

So given the handicap in experience alone then Vega Conflict is definitely something I will not consider as it is so UNFAIR for some players to have been given such preferential treatment.

• KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Kodi Bear said:

VEGA Conflict beta keys are currently on a random draw, people are randomly selected. For Preview Sessions, it depends, there have been various Preview Sessions that were open to the public. Selective Preview Sessions depend on what is being previewed.
    You didn't really answer my question or issues. I said the SAME people again and again. It is not random if the same people get the e-mails and invitations over and over and others never get them. Also those taking part in preview servers and in particular Vega Conflict are off to a considerably unfair advantage. For the unfair experience factor alone, let alone any advantage in builds or research, I will not consider playing this game now.
  • gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 375
    Kodi Bear said:
    Kodi Bear said:

You didn't really answer my question or issues. I said the SAME people again and again. It is not random if the same people get the e-mails and invitations over and over and others never get them. Also those taking part in preview servers and in particular Vega Conflict are off to a considerably unfair advantage. For the unfair experience factor alone, let alone any advantage in builds or research, I will not consider playing this game now.
    I think Sarap did answer your questions and issues. I just don't think you liked the answers.
    Prize Hulls owned: HHA, HHB, ScorpA, BBA, Levi A, Triton, Corvette, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, BC, Battleship, Juggernaut, Interdictor, Mercury, FFA, LCX, Scorp A, Mauler, DreadX, Frigate, Rampart, SCX, Vindicator, Sawfish, Spectre, MCX, SFF
  • shadowwphoenixx
    shadowwphoenixx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 405
    Kodi Bear said:

I call bull on the same players thing, I don't coin (much), I've gotten lucky in getting a few preview keys, no email requests before, and I got in the VC beta right off the bat.. So it's not always the same people :P
    Ingame name: IxDarkPhoenixxI Lvl: 52/33?           Sector: 1**: Born, raised, and still living ^_^  
    Raid hulls won: Corvette ~ Frigate  ~ Destroyer (+X) ~ Light Cruiser (+X)  ~ Battlecruiser (+X) ~ Battleship ~ Mercury ~ HH-A+B ~ BB-A ~ Levi-A ~  Mauler. 
    War.... War never changes, and in it, there is no place for the runner up. So in the end, suck it up and fight back, or risk losing everything you ever fought for. ~
    [QUOTE=beel78;2728155]For, God's sake...they turned the SW into a pizza slice.[/QUOTE] 
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    gtlyons said:

I think Sarap did answer your questions and issues. I just don't think you liked the answers.
    Really? There was nothing said to address why some people are selected over and over again while others never get the opportunity. This is the cause of the problem. But the real problem is the unfair advantage that is gained. There was nothing said to address the fact that some other players are getting a headstart in Vega Conflict with builds and research and experience. That was not even mentioned. So I am baffled how my questions and issues were answered.
  • ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 445
    Kodi Bear said:

I call bull on the same players thing, I don't coin (much), I've gotten lucky in getting a few preview keys, no email requests before, and I got in the VC beta right off the bat.. So it's not always the same people :P
    I call bull on your bull. You are only saying that because you are getting the preview keys or codes or whatever. I have never been asked to take part in any previews and neither have most people I know. But I have notice the same people getting to do this a lot for whatever reason. It is not fair.

I know I will not be considering Vega Conflict when so many people have such a HUGE head start in that game.
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Kodi Bear said:
    gtlyons said:
    Really? There was nothing said to address why some people are selected over and over again while others never get the opportunity. This is the cause of the problem. But the real problem is the unfair advantage that is gained. There was nothing said to address the fact that some other players are getting a headstart in Vega Conflict with builds and research and experience. That was not even mentioned. So I am baffled how my questions and issues were answered.
    He stated that Vega keys are on random draw. Random. As in, they aren't intentionally singling out players to give them to. Preview servers are first come, first served. That doesn't favor specific players, is favors the fast and attentive, which happens to lean towards the forum regulars. I end up in BP previews on a regular basis because I haunt the forums, but I miss out on WC previews because I don't haunt the forums there. They aren't preferentially treating me, or anyone else. The only exception was the preview for the new forum, where they asked applicants to provide a reason why they should be considered.
  • ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 445
    00zau said:
    Kodi Bear said:
    gtlyons said:
    He stated that Vega keys are on random draw. Random. As in, they aren't intentionally singling out players to give them to. Preview servers are first come, first served. That doesn't favor specific players, is favors the fast and attentive, which happens to lean towards the forum regulars. I end up in BP previews on a regular basis because I haunt the forums, but I miss out on WC previews because I don't haunt the forums there. They aren't preferentially treating me, or anyone else. The only exception was the preview for the new forum, where they asked applicants to provide a reason why they should be considered.
    He only said it was random. He didn't answer the unfair advantage thing
  • BLACK_JACK_11
    BLACK_JACK_11
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 44
    The post was very clear. It stated 2 things:
    1. the same players are getting invitations often and others get none. That is also my experience so saying it is meant to be random does not explain why it appears to many that it isn't.
    2. that players in Vega Conflict are getting an unfair advantage. Well that was not answered by MagicSarap and probably deliberately because it is true.

Instead of debating who answered or asked what how about getting back to the real issue here. It is blatantly unfair to give some players such a head start in Vega Conflict so I think I'll skip that game too.
  • MuttleyCZY
    MuttleyCZY
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 296
    He only said it was random. He didn't answer the unfair advantage thing

ran·dom  
    /ˈrandəm/
    Adjective
    Made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.

By the definition of the word "random" I believe the question of an "unfair advantage" was answered.
    Muttley [CZY]
    Welcome to CraZY Town
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    omg stop crying pay closer attention..request keys...get over it already..
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    oh my some is complaining about a head start? sheesh get a grip, when I started the game there were 4 million other players who had a head start on me did I whine no, besides they had a banner thing for VC beta testers, I got lucky it's not Kixeye's fault if you decided not to apply then go and whine saying they use the same people over and over again. It's your fault for not voting in a poll in time, for applying for an access code to a closed beta game, for not joining a preview server quick enough. So don't whine because you never got to.
  • gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 375
    Kodi Bear said:
    gtlyons said:

What part of the word random did you miss? Also, ask around the BP players who were in on the closed beta (I was not but know players who were). You'll find that their advantage is slight at best if it even still exists since that was around 2 years ago and the game has undergone massive changes. Did you know that in the closed beta of BP that there was no base hitting? So when they introduced base hitting which is a MAJOR aspect of the game they had NO advantage. The same will happen with Vega.
    Prize Hulls owned: HHA, HHB, ScorpA, BBA, Levi A, Triton, Corvette, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, BC, Battleship, Juggernaut, Interdictor, Mercury, FFA, LCX, Scorp A, Mauler, DreadX, Frigate, Rampart, SCX, Vindicator, Sawfish, Spectre, MCX, SFF
  • UkraineFreightTrain
    UkraineFreightTrain
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 38
    I trash this game and company constantly, and i got an invite code for Vega..

Dont think your missing anything, the game does suck pretty bad, that being said im sure they will remove these beta accounts on release and everyone would have to start at the same place.

Dont really care wont be playing it, all you really get is a preview of a bad game you probably wont even care to play anyways.
  • Spider Monkey
    Spider Monkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 505
    Kodi Bear said:

ok if you must know the people that you might be talking about that get picked over and over again might work for kixeye or work for a media platform to help kixeye out with the games that's another reason and also here another one they work for other company to get kixeye game out into the public just saying some of these people has special opportunities that other people don't. Take WoW for instance they use people to play there beta MoP expac for media use they let family member in first the they let people that works on selling games in then let players in this is probably no different in that matter the people your talking about and no Idk if I'm right but it wouldn't surprise me if I am though 
    I started in sector 247

The sectors I been too 247, 352, 354, 16, 276, 415, 479

The hulls won Destroyer, Destroyer X, LC's, LCX, BC, Juggs, and MC so far 

How to survive Level 40

How to survive level 40 part 2: Raid strategy 

Tips for 40's 
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Preview Servers are first come first serve. Always been. The reason why the same group gets in is because they happen to be monitoring the forums when keys to them are given out.

As for VC, The beta is limited due to the fact that they are giving people a look inside to find bugs. It is not there just for fun.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord

The post was very clear. It stated 2 things:
    1. the same players are getting invitations often and others get none. That is also my experience so saying it is meant to be random does not explain why it appears to many that it isn't.
    2. that players in Vega Conflict are getting an unfair advantage. Well that was not answered by MagicSarap and probably deliberately because it is true.

Instead of debating who answered or asked what how about getting back to the real issue here. It is blatantly unfair to give some players such a head start in Vega Conflict so I think I'll skip that game too.
    1. It's called those players keep a constant watch on the forums. So they get in, if you want to get into something then patrol the forums.
    2. Pull your head out of your arse, dude if everyone started at the same time it will be borning as **** in a game. Even if it was done at the same time, what happens to the players who join later? They get to play catch up to us who got a head start on them. No matter what way you look at it, someone will get a headstart and someone will have to play catch up. 
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    So I gather it is probably random but only drawn from a small pool of those who monitor the forums closely and sign up for previews with limited opportunities for doing so.

That makes more sense, even if the result is unfair. It does seem to explain why the same few people have so many repeated opportunities while others get none.

Thanks to those who gave positive and constructive answers.
  • Seafort
    Seafort
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 125
    Unfair advantage, pfft, all you need to do is pay attention, 1. you apply to get keys and 2. when BP is looking for testers on their test servers, They put a banner thing up over the game asking for them, and they put it in forums also, so if you are speedy, attentive and not got you face in a cream pie, you have as much chance as anyone in getting in on the test servers, as for unfair advantage, well not much of one, unless you count most testing is done on North American hours.
    K.I.S.S.
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Kodi Bear said:
    So I gather it is probably random but only drawn from a small pool of those who monitor the forums closely and sign up for previews with limited opportunities for doing so.

That makes more sense, even if the result is unfair. It does seem to explain why the same few people have so many repeated opportunities while others get none.

Thanks to those who gave positive and constructive answers.
    the pool is who ever applied, but for preview servers the password is given, so you have to be quick on entering it. It might be unfair at sometimes but someone always has to play catch up.\ to those who have a head start. Also note even in the preview server if you get a fleet build that works you have to spend to have it ready for the raid.
  • Spider Monkey
    Spider Monkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 505
    Seafort said:
    Unfair advantage, pfft, all you need to do is pay attention, 1. you apply to get keys and 2. when BP is looking for testers on their test servers, They put a banner thing up over the game asking for them, and they put it in forums also, so if you are speedy, attentive and not got you face in a cream pie, you have as much chance as anyone in getting in on the test servers, as for unfair advantage, well not much of one, unless you count most testing is done on North American hours.
    shhh I'm from north american and yes in away we do have advantages but also disadvantages depending on the time they start things like the raid starts for me 3:pm but it might had started for you at 6:am see but over at same timing it just looks like there's an advantage but if it stated for me at 3 pm and then went to you at 6 am  yeah I would had an advantage over you but it be vise verse too 
    I started in sector 247

The sectors I been too 247, 352, 354, 16, 276, 415, 479

The hulls won Destroyer, Destroyer X, LC's, LCX, BC, Juggs, and MC so far 

How to survive Level 40

How to survive level 40 part 2: Raid strategy 

Tips for 40's 
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    gtlyons said:
    Kodi Bear said:
    gtlyons said:

What part of the word random did you miss? Also, ask around the BP players who were in on the closed beta (I was not but know players who were). You'll find that their advantage is slight at best if it even still exists since that was around 2 years ago and the game has undergone massive changes. Did you know that in the closed beta of BP that there was no base hitting? So when they introduced base hitting which is a MAJOR aspect of the game they had NO advantage. The same will happen with Vega.
    You are incorrect in your statement, as I started the game 2 years ago during the closed beta stage and there WAS base hitting.  Since you admitted that you weren't part of it at that time, it's clear you have no idea of what you're talking about here and it's obvious to me that your friends have bullshitted you into believing everything they say.
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    edited 30 Mar 2013, 4:02AM
    gtlyons said:
    Kodi Bear said:
    gtlyons said:

You are incorrect in your statement, as I started the game 2 years ago during the closed beta stage and there WAS base hitting.  Since you admitted that you weren't part of it at that time, it's clear you have no idea of what you're talking about here and it's obvious to me that your friends have bullshitted you into believing everything they say.

There was no base hitting at the start of BP and when it was first introduced it was done on auto as u could not view the battle.