Kix math 170% reload

Capricornus
Capricornus
Potential Threat
Joined May 2012 Posts: 35
Maybe I´m not intelligent enough Maelstorm 5 have 8 secs reload Clusters give u a reload of 170%. How fast is now the reload and how do u calculate it? I know u can eat 100% from a cake but never 170%

Can someone explain me please the Kix math?
  • Capricornus
    Capricornus
    Potential Threat
    Doombunny said:
    Maybe I´m not intelligent enough Maelstorm 5 have 8 secs reload Clusters give u a reload of 170%. How fast is now the reload and how do u calculate it? I know u can eat 100% from a cake but never 170%

To calculate reload speed modifiers, you need to do the following:

Weapon reload speed / (1.0 + special modifier + hull modifier + rank modifier) = Reload speed + (salvo -1 in tenths of seconds)

For example, an elite thresher with cluster rocket 2 (which is 170%) on a mael 5 would be:

8 /(1+1.7 +.6 + .25) = X + (6-1) tenths
    8/3.55 = X + 5 tenths of a second
    8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5
    2.75 complete reload time.

Very very complicated, maybe I´m to old for that
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,869
    I think 8 sec - 170 % = 2.4. Not sure thu. 
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418
    edited 28 Mar 2013, 7:52PM
    Doombunny said:

Weapon reload speed / (1.0 + special modifier + hull modifier + rank modifier) = Reload speed + (salvo -1 in tenths of seconds)

For example, an elite thresher with cluster rocket 2 (which is 170%) on a mael 5 would be:

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5

My head hurts ... I tried applying this to a regular missle cruiser, elite ranked, with Siege missile F... 
  • Capricornus
    Capricornus
    Potential Threat
    Doombunny said:

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5

My head hurts ... I tried applying this to a regular missle cruiser, elite ranked, with Siege missile F... 

Thanks Doom for explanation, but seems like very much peeps don´t know how it works but nobody is asking.......take another rocket so should have a reload of 0,3 secs

• GR8NESS
    GR8NESS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 154
    so what is the reload time at 255% on the thresher?
    I'm back...OMB_kyrsten  
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    100% speed=the regular reload speed

100% + 170%= it fires at 270%, or 2.7 times as fast.  To figure out what that number is, see Doombunny's post.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • Da Bun
    Da Bun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 226
    Doombunny said:

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5

Wrong 

• CurlyPubes
    CurlyPubes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 823
    Don't forget to throw in the alliance gunner's bonus
    SOS? Sorry, my magic fleet that sucks attackers out of bases and fixes your buildings is repairing.  
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,332
    Show how its wrong, then.  the formula is correct.  Until you demonstrate what is wrong, you are just another troll.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Doombunny said:

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5
    Wrong
    The only thing that is wrong is the fact that maelstrom V has a reload of 7.5 instead of 8. The actual calculations done is correct.
    Replace 8 with 7.5 and you get a time between the start of each salvo as being 2.61 instead of 2.75.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • johnboy83
    johnboy83
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 131
    BP nerdism at its FINEST. I'm not trolling I really appreciate it thanks!!! 
  • Da Bun
    Da Bun
    Minor Nuisance
    Troll?......

Try reading what you have calculated and try again. 

I'll give you a clue (the first line of your calculation is way out)

You can remove the troll flag when you have revised your calculation

@ M You are half right
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Doombunny said:

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5

ok, so in your example you have: ( I cant look at the firing speed of a seige missile, but I think its 5 seconds)

firing rate = 5 / (1+.65+.25)

Where:  1 = normal firing speed
                 .65 = hull bonus to firing speed
                 .25 = rank bonus to firing speed

5/1.90 = 2.63 seconds fire rate, or almost twice as fast
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    Simple explanation: Add up all the reload speed bonuses. Let's say you get it to 255% (Elite-ranked Thresher with Cluster Warheads 3: 60% + 170% + 25%). Convert that number to a decimal and add 1 and that's what you divide the reload time by. In this case, it would be 2.55 + 1 = 3.55.

So for the D95-S on the above Thresher, the calculation would be 1 / 3.55 = ~0.28 seconds. You then add 0.1 seconds for every salvo after the first.
    So for the D95-D on the same Thresher, the calculation would be (1 / 3.55) + 0.2 = ~0.48 seconds.
    Out of retirement
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Troll?......

Try reading what you have calculated and try again. 

I'll give you a clue (the first line of your calculation is way out)

You can remove the troll flag when you have revised your calculation

@ M You are half right
    then correct it or GTFO.  Troll flag stays until you do.
  • John Harkness
    John Harkness
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 76
    my system is a bit less math.  If reload is x230%, say, then I figure resulting dps is x230% too. So I add 1 + 2.3 (=3.3) & multiply that by original dps.  need to factor in salvo tho.  i appreciate seeing proper formula too, so tx guys.
  • Da Bun
    Da Bun
    Minor Nuisance
    Mael 5 reload is 7.5 secs and Cluster 2 is 110% not 170%

yes it's 170% if you add in the hull modifier but you added it after the the initial reload time

Now go fix your sums

• Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    edited 28 Mar 2013, 10:09PM

yes it's 170% if you add in the hull modifier but you added it after the the initial reload time

Now go fix your sums

ok, so your problem is with the variables, not the formula, and there is a corrected version later on with a different scenario.  God, you could have just said that to begin with instead of crapping up the thread.  Keep the tags, you earned 'em.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    edited 28 Mar 2013, 10:11PM

Now go fix your sums
    I see. He accidentally said CW2 when he meant CW3 (as his equations use the stats of the CW3 as well as CW3 being the one mentioned by the OP). Nothing wrong with the sums, it's just a simple accidental 2 instead of a 3.

This all seems to be a little over the top over pretty much nothing.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Da Bun
    Da Bun
    Minor Nuisance
    Doombunny said:

Now go fix your sums

ok, so your problem is with the variables, not the formula, and there is a corrected version later on with a different scenario.  God, you could have just said that to begin with instead of crapping up the thread.  Keep the tags, you earned 'em

No , I don't have any problem with the variables, you don't seem to have grasped it though  

I'll keep my troll tag for being correct, the same way you get to keep yours for being a knob......

• southern92
    southern92
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 853
    The math was done right, perhaps the confusion is the location of the parentheses.

Modified reload time = [Weapon Reload Time / (1+total reload bonus)] + (0.1) * (# of salvos - 1)
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    The math was done right, perhaps the confusion is the location of the parentheses.

Modified reload time = [Weapon Reload Time / (1+total reload bonus)] + (0.1) * (# of salvos - 1)

Modified reload time = [Weapon Reload Time / (1+total reload bonus)] - (0.1) * (# of salvos - 1)

corrected since the tenths were on the other side of the equation.

Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • RattleHead_tm
    RattleHead_tm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 759
    Doombunny said:

breaking down the numbers: 1 represents the weapon firing at 100% of its speed (or normal speed if you prefer), 1.7 is the 170% from the cluster loader represented as a decimal, the .6 is the 60% reload increase from the hull represented as a decimal, and .25 is the 25% rank reload bonus represented as a decimal.

All of the bonuses added together means your maelstrom is firing 3 and a half times as fast!  but hold on there, for eavery shot in a salvo after the first, you have to add a tenth of a second to the reload time, since the weapon does not begin reloading until it is done firing.  In this case, since the mael 5 fires 6 rockets, and you get the first shot free, it means we have to add half a second to the total reload time.

8/3.55 = 2.25 + .5

(edited for further explanation)

That was beautiful, it's like nerd poetry.

• SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,103

what messes people up is % increases over 100% once you get your head around that the rest is easy. 

"The contents of this post are working as intended."
  • shiine0jed
    shiine0jed
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 39

All i see are numbers and theories with no application of how it can be proven.... without releasing the actual math kixeye uses in the game engine, i believe there is only 1 way to prove what i believe what the modifiers does to the reload times... video analysis

Sir this is not the first time kixeye has tweaked the game mechanics without declassifying it to the players. You will realize that they are the god of this game if you read the TOS.. kixeye can change anything in the game without letting you know it... even though the value is displayed correctly, the actual value can be tweaked(increased/decreased) as per kixeye's marketing convenience...
  • SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician

Whatever .. ... good luck seeing the .75 reload on the inferno rockets.  You do not need the exact method used by kixeye only how the bonuses stack. An increase of 275% over a know number is never gong to change here or on the moon.  

• shiine0jed
    shiine0jed
    Potential Threat
    edited 22 Dec 2013, 1:51AM
    sir you dont need to see the .75 reload on the inferno rockets... just count the rockets it fires in, say, 10 seconds... and you'll know the actual modifier.. and pls use the slow motion if you cant count fast enough in the video analysis process...

Sir this is not the first time kixeye has tweaked the game mechanics without declassifying it to the players. You will realize that they are the god of this game if you read the TOS.. kixeye can change anything in the game without letting you know it... even though the value is displayed correctly, the actual value can be tweaked(increased/decreased) as per kixeye's marketing convenience...
  • SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician
    yea and you know the frame rates for all the video too I bet .. . LOL what a JOKE . ...  

• shiine0jed
    shiine0jed
    Potential Threat

sir if you don't know how to analyze videos, forget what i suggested and just go with what you think is right... 

p.s. if you cant think of a way, doesn't mean there isn't.... :)