Should Drones Be Permitted In Base Defense?

The_Jerk
The_Jerk
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
edited 25 Mar 2013, 1:43PM
Kixeye admits that there is an issue in base defense guards that when a base is attacked that has a hurricane or arbitor in it with drones, if you kill all the drones and exit the base on a prep (or even part of them) and then go back in to run the base or finish off the drones, that all drones 100% heal and replenish. To confirm Kixeye's acknowledgement of this issue I quote:

<blockquote class="Quote">
<div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="//www.kixeye.com/profile/50632ad834cf36ea4d000000/wall" class=" Kxl-User" target="_top" data-uid="50632ad834cf36ea4d000000">KIXEYE CM MagicSarap</a> said:</div>
<div class="QuoteText">I don't think this constitutes as a hack, it's more of a bug than anything else. I've pinged the team on for a status update on this and the length of this fix is due to the fact that it requires a number of changes and it is not a simple as it seems. It is logged, tracked, and being worked on. <br></div>
</blockquote>

<br>

So, with this in mind and it being known by most players that this glitch exists, should drones be permitted in base defense? Keep in mind, that in the TOS we all agreed to when we started to play, even us super old players, it states that we will not use any glitch intentionally, whether it is known to kixeye or not, to our advantage.

This issue with drones causes additional repairs against the attackers unfairly, in that they commit the time and fleets to kiling the drones once, only to have to do it again without the base owner suffering any consequences, meaning repair time, loss of resources or coining of the drone repairs. It is now getting to the point with these drones that use of them seems intentional just to get the free repair time and the only way to keep them dead is to kill the arb or hurricane that is launching them, which is not always possible on a prep due to the 25% rule and placement of the parent ship.

So, should they be allowed or not?

Note: This is not a topic to discuss hacking/glitching or anything else, it is a question of whether we should allow the drones or not until Kixeye fixes the issue, that is it. Please stay on topic and let's try to not turn this into a troll fest of base attackers vs. base defenders.

Should Drones Be Permitted In Base Defense? 126 votes

Yes
58% 74 votes
No
29% 37 votes
Undecided
11% 15 votes
  • tangosi
    tangosi
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 56
    agree with H4YDEN  people worked hard for the hurricane and modules ,they are heavy to repair so are useless on anything other than base defense. 
    agree again with should kixeye have fixed this by now , yes
    also been on the end of them in a base,so annoying so voted undecided. 
    cant see kixeye banning the use of one of their prizes so the fix is the only option

• Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    yup should have been fixed but this is kixeye ... :) it should have been tested aswell .. but again ....
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,869
    One of the game's options. 
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Stewie Doo
    Stewie Doo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 189
    I have managed to deplete them and give the owner a nice 'repair' bill. But it appears they need to be online when you attack, but if they are, then the depleted drones stay depleted.
  • RIDDLER MDK
    RIDDLER MDK
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 68
    i love mine in my base i will leave them in there untill they tell me i cant hurricane with lv3 drone is deadly in base def along with a couple of toilets hard to get in unless you suicide a fleet to take out hurricane then i win anyways because you lose more resources then you gain win win for the base not the attacker.......
  • YESIASKEDTHAT
    YESIASKEDTHAT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 241
    Drones should be removed from base defense until they stop auto refilling after every hit. 
  • tj.weiland.7
    tj.weiland.7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4
    whats the big deal, so yes they auto repair, but at the same time when they are in a base they dont function correctly.(they stop) so they are killed very easy.
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    I say yes as this is not the players fault that a kixeye bug is screwing over base hitters. Although this problem should be resolved asap since it is taking away an element of the game and people who have drones in their bases are being avoided like the plague
  • The_F4LL3N_1
    The_F4LL3N_1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 165
    H4YDEN said:
    You're asking the wrong question, should it have been fixed already.  Yes.  

The suggestion that players can't use a hull/module they worked to get because Kixeye can't fix a bug in their game is a bit silly if you ask me
    Agreed. The issue lies with a glitch that should be fixed, not taking away the ability to use a hull in your guards. Just send in a blitz fleet

with siege cannon S to take the hurricane, the majority of bases can't stand up to blitz after a decent prep and pinch anyway.
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    I think that this bug is the only thing not making the hurricane a waste of a raid prize, its not the players fault that the drones dont work as intended in base defense, the hurricane with mod 3 weighs so much and takes so long to repair i give kudos to the player willing to waste that much dock space on such a coin hungry piece of crap. Let them enjoy the time of the hurricane working improperly soon enough it will be back to its original inefficient state.
    :)
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    Im leaning towards the "Yes" side, as in my view, it is a ship, it should go in base defense! Simple. But i understand your point, and how it can be unfair for the attackers when they face drones after drones, and yes, i can also see the argument about using a glitch intentionally.

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• Drummerboy
    Drummerboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 90
     If it is known that drones auto-replenish after each hit and that it is a glitch, then using them inside a base guard is exploiting said glitch.
     It is a glitch that is giving the person using it an unfair advantage over the person attacking. It is something Kixeye needs to fix, so that it is fair to all.

• Kris M
    Kris M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 924
    gone with undecided on this. players should be able to use a prize they have won, however we all know anyone using a hurricane in guard now is doing it because of the glitch and thinks they have an uncrackable base because of it. which is why i happily take the extra damage to level such bases, just because my high evade beats their swarm every time
    Kris_M Level 62  

I used ship rockets before they were cool
  • DOUBLEMINT
    DOUBLEMINT
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,154
    Not the players fault. They should be able to park any hull they earned in there base. 
    Request to Join: THE ALLIANCE CRIB  https://www.facebook.com/groups/THEALLIANCECRIB/

• Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581
    Attack at your own risk....attacking a base several times over has made it almost little or no risk these days. If you only had 2 attempts to crack a base, I might agree but when you can bring 5 maxed out fleets to hit one base...NAH. Bring in 2 attacks and that's your lot and then we will see who actually has skill and who just has coin. By the way, I don't pretend to be the besy player in the world so there's no point telling me I'm jealous, but I can still spot another bad player.....lol.
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    Attack at your own risk....attacking a base several times over has made it almost little or no risk these days. If you only had 2 attempts to crack a base, I might agree but when you can bring 5 maxed out fleets to hit one base...NAH. Bring in 2 attacks and that's your lot and then we will see who actually has skill and who just has coin. By the way, I don't pretend to be the besy player in the world so there's no point telling me I'm jealous, but I can still spot another bad player.....lol.
    Using the most of the 8 attacks and the 25% mark to hit key turrets and ships at different can be skill, running through one fleet then bringing in a fresh one has less skill is my personal opinion
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    how would you prevent it??

the programming time to stop it, would just as easily stop the drones after 30/40/50 are released
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• RIDDLER MDK
    RIDDLER MDK
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 68

just read someone say bring 2 to 5 fleets lmao if you dont gain resources the base wins in my book you can flatten me all day if you if you lose resources i win......

• LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    edited 26 Mar 2013, 12:09PM
    H4YDEN said:
    You're asking the wrong question, should it have been fixed already.  Yes.  

The suggestion that players can't use a hull/module they worked to get because Kixeye can't fix a bug in their game is a bit silly if you ask me
    Not allowing the use of ships happens more than you think so drones should be pulled. Take a look at what kix is doing against sub owners in this past raid hell we even seen a "mod" comment that it was unfair to use subs. Kix will allow a so called bug/glitch to remain if it is in their favor plain and simple. 
  • legion381
    legion381
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 800
    Yes they should be allowed in base defense if you won the module or the hull then you have every right to use it to defend your base otherwise should we start a poll asking for defense fleets to be removed all together or asking if goliaths and MCX should be allowed in base defense.

Bottom line is if you dont like it go play farmville
    Just an **** being a Pirate
    "Don't like it go play Farmville"
    Proud winner of the Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Lightcruiser, Lightcruiser X, Battlecruiser, Battlecruiser X, Goliath, Battleship, Super Fortress, Spectre, Strike Cruiser, Dreadnought X, Triton, Thresher and the Mercury
  • Shiba
    Shiba
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,575
    I do not see how they could code it where you Couldnt use them in your base defense. 

• Dublin
    Dublin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 309
    They do need to fix it for sure but Its part of the game to use these fleets for defense or anything else.
  • Lordblah
    Lordblah
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 383
    Seeing  all this complaining about drones  I might  put a few hurricanes in my base .nvr mind  a different approch to hitting a base IDK like putting a ripper  ship in the fleet or putting 1 ripper 2 on your dread mortar fleet  easier to cry  u cant hit a base  because of drones . My impression of a 50 plus hitting low 40's  ( why kixeye  why   , why did u ever have drones now i cant hit this 40 with my 5 dreads an flattten  him because  his drones.  this is so unfair   why should a 40  be able to defend against my dreads  i'm not suppose to take dmg).   an yes  i have hit bases with drones  if i have the wrong fleet   with no rippers i leave them alone till later if i remember . an move to a diff base . Live  with it till kixeye fix's  it if they think it should be fix'd .So  stop crying.
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    Wow, didn't know I was hitting a level 40 base.  Coulda sworn the one that pissed me off was a level 58 with top level drone modules.  And who uses dnx to hit bases anymore, that is so old school.
  • Ikillevil
    Ikillevil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 368
    If the bug were fixed then I would have said yes they should be allowed. As it stands though its supremely annoying, the few bases I've visited that had non-snipable drone defenders I tend to leave alone. If kixeye decided not to fix the bug then drone modules should be pulled from base defense.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,187
    I clicked yes for 2 reasons.  One they should have been fixed over 2 months ago or 2: they should not be allowed until the issue is solved.  Yes people worked hard for the Hurry Coin/ Drone modules  and took time out of the shipyard to build them however the same can be said for other players who worked hard for their base hitters and have to either pass up a base with the drones or take far more damage than needed to just because someone decides to 'take advantage of a glitch'. It is very obvious MANY players are intentionally using the hurry coins/ arbs with drone modules just because of the **** glitch.  Seriously without this glitch the Drone modules are absolutely useless as you can just sit outside the entrance and kill them when they come out.  Kixeye was cool about the issue when, I sent them a ticket but this really needs to be fixed.
  • The_F4LL3N_1
    The_F4LL3N_1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 165
    Oops did I wreck your drones? Hehe

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    The problem is that they have to program code to single out a certain target, the drone modules, and restrict them. However one idea I remember seeing was a slot just for base defense. It would be easier but still hard to program.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.