For those saying this raid is about skill.

Instigator1
Instigator1
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
Put your money where your mouth is, let's see a video of 1 fleet taking out a level 50 or 49 even. Otherwise it's not about skill it is a spam fest/ coinfest spam with ships and coin a lot. Please by all means prove me wrong show a vid of you taking a 50 with only one fleet, when that can be done then it truly is about skill otherwise STFU with all of your "If you drive your ships well" " If you build your fleets well BS "
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Show me a video of a previous raid of you doing 1 million points with 1 fleet.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • vance.boeman
    vance.boeman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 21
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 1:16PM
    how do you figure a 1 of 10 target is worth a million points.
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Max Last said:
    Show me a video of a previous raid of you doing 1 million points with 1 fleet.
    Totally different, all of these fanboys yourself included saying it's about skill lets see ya take out just one level 50 with one fleet otherwise not about skill it's just about spamming the same fleet over and over, no skill there.
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    He's using fanboy logic Vance.
  • Freakshow
    Freakshow
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 494
    meh, don't let it get to ya man. you'll see those every raid. "I finished the raid with I fleet" or "I did lvl 1-50 with specs". 
    Freakshow

Battle Pirates
    Lvl 57
    Retired due to lack of interest
    Id 41100
    Vega 
    Lvl 31
    Haven't progressed due to lack of interest

not played.

Vega
    Lvl 27

Beatings shall continue until morale improves
  • d-_-Nindy-Biatch-_-b
    d-_-Nindy-Biatch-_-b
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 235
    i could do a video of doing a lv 45 with 1 fleet
    but not going to show a angry german kid how to do a raid
                                                                                                                  -_-Nindy-****-_
                                                                                                                          Level 76
                                                                                                               Home sector Unknown
                                                                                                    QUIT PLAYING
  • Lucy B Good
    Lucy B Good
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 390
    Cheese ?
    You have the right to remain silent, so please SHUT UP!
    Battle Pirates war room sector 1-500
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,656
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 1:29PM
    Specs and MCX do well, however not everyone has these ships sooooo. If you avoid their ballistic fleets and stay at max range only damage you get is from missiles, with high reactive defense and speed you can take little damage. With the engs you can avoid mortars from max range with a few hails you can keep them off your back for no damage, don't get to close. The highest damage you are going to get is from dics and torps. Typhoons and Nemesis are are little different however, siege cannon or rocket as a lead to remove the drones so you can clear up the guards, and nemesis space out your ships so they don't all get hit at once.
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Not whining just want to see true skill from the fanboys, if it were truly about skill then skillful driving of a properly built fleet then they should be able to take it, sending multiple fleets on suicide runs does not constitute skill.
    Cheese ?

• DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,656
    I wouldn't put a video up as kixeye will learn from it and make it even harder next time round.
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    DazzXP said:
    I wouldn't put a video up as kixeye will learn from it and make it even harder next time round.
    No such video exists because it's not about skill.
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990
    I will get you a video i will ask the guy to do it again, i seen a guy take out a 50 in 1 turn no damage
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • LADY_SCOOTER_TRAMP
    LADY_SCOOTER_TRAMP
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    I WILL SAY THIS IS A AWESOME GAME BUT, FIXING THE ISSUE WITH FLASH PLAYER, WINDOWS 8 AND SUCH SHOULD BE ON THE TOP OF YOUR LIST KIXEYE, BEING A EMPLOYEE OF GAMERS MAGAZINE I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH ISSUE AS THESE COME ACROSS MY DESK, I HAVE THE BEST OF THE BEST TO TRY OUT NEW GAMES WITH BOTH IN SYSTEMS AND INTER NET SERVICE. AND I CAN'T GET PAT THE FLASH PLAYER ISSUE WITH THIS GAME . IF THERE IS A FIX YOU REALLY NEED TO LET WHAT IS LEFT OF YOUR PLAYER KNOW IT. IN 10 MINITES I HAD IT CRASH 15 TIME...
  • SmaDoc
    SmaDoc
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 477
    The skill comes in how long you can last in a given fleet, even if you have to "spam" it. I could theoretically see a spec fleet being able to do a 50 with little to no damage, if it's setup right, and you're mindful of the dive clock and know your turn and combat speed well. How ever you would still have to "spam" it as it'd time out eventually. You'd have to go several rounds to get it done.

Personally I did better than I expected on the 50, found it easier than the 49, and maybe the 45, though that could have been my imagination. I couldn't get the timing right and was either surfacing right inside the range of inters, or I'd be in range of them before I surface and then it was all over as everything else was in range lol (of course part of the problem was chatting on comms, or watching tv and not paying attention during battle). There can still be "skill" involved with a spam/coin fest. Having the "skills" means you don't have to spam/coin as much as someone else. 
    LVL - 86+
    Sector(s) - 42, 41
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,769
    Is OP mad because he wants every single thing done in 1 turn?
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 977
    gunboats....lv 50s kill themselves when you put a gunboat in to fight.

1 fleet for anyhting over 45 would be nice to see.

• Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    Not whining just want to see true skill from the fanboys, if it were truly about skill then skillful driving of a properly built fleet then they should be able to take it, sending multiple fleets on suicide runs does not constitute skill.
    Cheese ?

1 fleet 1-50 and about 70ish coins cos i got bored and wanted to play more couldve easily done with half at least ... and im not a fanboy i just refuse to feed the money machine any more than is necessary...
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Max Last said:
    He's using fanboy logic Vance.

Previous raids, top tier prize was 6.5 million.  Drac Hunt, the 49 and 50 are more difficult that all the rest of tier 5 put together each.  6.5 cut into equal thirds, alright, you're right.  I was being generous.  Let's call it 2 million.

You're setting an arbitrary goal entirely unrelated to the actual task.  If you don't think that skill and good fleet builds make a difference...well, I'm not sure why you're playing this game at all then.  That's kind of like...the whole game.  If you think simply throwing the biggest baddest fleet we have at it is how coiners do things, I don't know what to say.  People who have money to spend typically didn't get it by wasting money.  There is almost always an efficient way to do things.  If I wanted to do it without coining, then picking the right choice of fleets, and using them correctly would become even more important.

Honestly, I'm still confused as to what you think your actual point is.  Is it difficult? Yes.  Does it take multiple fleets? Almost without a doubt.  Are you going to fail badly if you just throw the wrong fleet at it over and over?  Yeah.  Pretty sure you will.
    honestly i found the 46 and 43 more difficult than the rest lol

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    to make it simple take 2 lvl 60s exactly the same stuff ships and fleets but one coined it all the way has a vague idea what to do with his ships but constantly coins repairs doesnt pay a lot of attention hes 60 he thinks he doesnt have to and the other coined sometimes but learned more how to use his ships through practice and paying attention to what he does with his time and his coin. remember both coin so its not about who does and doesnt. who do you think will find the raid easier someone who knows to take the inters down quick the mcx then the bs or the guy that hits any and coins the repair its quite simple the guy who know how to use his fleet because he took his time learning there are a few people moaning its too hard but then theres people the same lvl saying they done it no damage and it was easy so please dont try and say thats not possible there is players that know how to use thier ships down to the littlest detail and i know half the moaners including me dont have half the skill as those people so at least give them some respect for the time and effort they put into thier game even if you dont this is not aimed at a specific person just saying it in general as not to offend anyone. but remember when you make new fleets sending them in to a battle is not always enough practice will always be a required feature of any fleet to be able to compete with those that are already at the top i forgot that today as i used my old battlecruisers i spent that much time using my dreadx that i forgot how good they actually are done some good damage with them remember how much i accomplished when they were my best and im not the best player but using them i had to put effort in

goodluck out there were players in here and pirates in the game remember be respectfull and people will respect you
  • DeathAndDestruction44
    DeathAndDestruction44
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 886
    hopefully nobody will be stupid enough to post that video, because if they do it will let kixeye know what they need to change before the next one to make it even harder, the sooner people stop showing off and mouthing off on here the easier it will be for everyone to do these raids

• Sharkbait_Knockboots
    Sharkbait_Knockboots
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 296
    Put your money where your mouth is, let's see a video of 1 fleet taking out a level 50 or 49 even. Otherwise it's not about skill it is a spam fest/ coinfest spam with ships and coin a lot. Please by all means prove me wrong show a vid of you taking a 50 with only one fleet, when that can be done then it truly is about skill otherwise STFU with all of your "If you drive your ships well" " If you build your fleets well BS "
    I took out a 50 with one fleet. I even took out a 45, 46, 47 and 49 with one fleet. It was all about timing. That is skills, I think ;)
    -Sharkbait_Knockboots - Level 92 - User-ID 3.171.853 - Start 13-Nov-2011-
  • Joseph Blake
    Joseph Blake
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 546
    to make it simple take 2 lvl 60s exactly the same stuff ships and fleets but one coined it all the way has a vague idea what to do with his ships but constantly coins repairs doesnt pay a lot of attention hes 60 he thinks he doesnt have to and the other coined sometimes but learned more how to use his ships through practice and paying attention to what he does with his time and his coin. remember both coin so its not about who does and doesnt. who do you think will find the raid easier someone who knows to take the inters down quick the mcx then the bs or the guy that hits any and coins the repair its quite simple the guy who know how to use his fleet because he took his time learning there are a few people moaning its too hard but then theres people the same lvl saying they done it no damage and it was easy so please dont try and say thats not possible there is players that know how to use thier ships down to the littlest detail and i know half the moaners including me dont have half the skill as those people so at least give them some respect for the time and effort they put into thier game even if you dont this is not aimed at a specific person just saying it in general as not to offend anyone. but remember when you make new fleets sending them in to a battle is not always enough practice will always be a required feature of any fleet to be able to compete with those that are already at the top i forgot that today as i used my old battlecruisers i spent that much time using my dreadx that i forgot how good they actually are done some good damage with them remember how much i accomplished when they were my best and im not the best player but using them i had to put effort in

goodluck out there were players in here and pirates in the game remember be respectfull and people will respect you
    I agree with this, there is some common sense/skill needed. There is also skill in the controlling of your ships.
    BUT, I also agree with the OP, it is  I would say about 10% skill(ship control ,which ships to kill first, best fleet to use) Vs. 90% spamming fleets.
    If you don't coin your target will most likely be finish off by someone else before your hours of repair are done.
  • Joseph Blake
    Joseph Blake
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 546
    Hitman007 said:
    I will get you a video i will ask the guy to do it again, i seen a guy take out a 50 in 1 turn no damage
    I would love to see that Hitman. Do your best to convince him to do it again. No damage he shouldn't mind. LOL!
  • JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 108
    1% skill 99% spam
    I think I will call this raid a day, Poor me something tall and strong, make it an hurricane... Its only half past twelve, but I don't care, its five o'clock somewhere...
  • Doug Girard
    Doug Girard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 371
    Cheese ?
    Here. . . ya forgot the  w(h)ine. ..   . . here is the Whaaaambulance to help you out. . .gas it and return the keys to the board after use please. . .
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hitman007 said:
    I would love to see that Hitman. Do your best to convince him to do it again. No damage he shouldn't mind. LOL!
    a full 50 in 1 turn as in one go no time out all dead no dmg .... ? sorry hitman i call BS  took me 3 runs almost no dmg to kill a 50 ....each one is a time out i took my time and enjoyed this raid .. yup i said that .. no rush chilled and did at my own pace

Hitman007 said:
  • JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 108
    I show you all some reall skill, with nothing but coins i can complete this raid with a blindfold on... LMAO
    I think I will call this raid a day, Poor me something tall and strong, make it an hurricane... Its only half past twelve, but I don't care, its five o'clock somewhere...