Drac Hunt 2 Discussion Thread

• Tw_t_Waffle
    Tw_t_Waffle
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 311
    I used those "useless" juggernauts I won the first time around to win tier 5.  
    Hate all you want you're just wasting your time
  • freeedom
    freeedom
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,255
    aldor said:
    They decided that the subs will be useless for this raid because too many whiner that dont have them are crying all over the place.  We won those ship, we paid for them but cant use them.   That's the way it works around here.
    I am in a hood like yours, Thing's ( toys), and people (players) get fcked over from time to time by the Bosses. Even tho we pay good money. Cheeky sods around here.
    freedom  NBK                                                                                                                     

Lv66 - ID 990134                                                                                                              

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom14639?feature=mhee

• GIZMO
    GIZMO
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 206
    Won top ship with no coin spent even took a big ship out in a lvl 50 i just beat it down with my instant repair wolfs its how you need to get it done not the chit you need to have

• Montecristo
    Montecristo
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432
    its quiete a good event, no complains but how about giving out as tier 4 a ship that can actually help you in raids..??'
  • Pig-Pen_LS
    Pig-Pen_LS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,342
    so what ur saying is u dnt wat the game to get harder? would that not become dull 
  • Teararectal
    Teararectal
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 58

this game is now broken for level 40-50 ... if you don't think so let me explain . level 60+ players have been crushing level 40 players for some time now with little problems BUT now kixeye has given them new anti-missile turrets so now their dredX fleets can go strait through bases without stopping. if you don't think so just wait it won't be long to see.

what will they do next???? allow level 60+ to hit even lower bases because they won't be able to find very many level 40-50 bases anymore --- level 35's or maybe even level 30's watch out YOUR NEXT.

this game has started to become a bore.... as is I play maybe twice a week now because I have found better run games to play.

I will predict that after this raid there will be a lot of level 40's quitting when they see how little they can do against the fleets hitting their bases.... but lets just wait and see shall we ???

• CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238

this game is now broken for level 40-50 ... if you don't think so let me explain . level 60+ players have been crushing level 40 players for some time now with little problems BUT now kixeye has given them new anti-missile turrets so now their dredX fleets can go strait through bases without stopping. if you don't think so just wait it won't be long to see.

what will they do next???? allow level 60+ to hit even lower bases because they won't be able to find very many level 40-50 bases anymore --- level 35's or maybe even level 30's watch out YOUR NEXT.

this game has started to become a bore.... as is I play maybe twice a week now because I have found better run games to play.

I will predict that after this raid there will be a lot of level 40's quitting when they see how little they can do against the fleets hitting their bases.... but lets just wait and see shall we ???

Umm, the new Phalanx doesn't do much at all against Halos. If you are using shock L DNX you will most likely use 2 Phalanx 2 per boat to max your damage and armor. At 5 salvo and 50% accuracy that is 50 Phalanx salvo per fleet. At 50% accuracy (approximately) that reduces you to 25 Phalanx salvo. If you hit a base with 5 halo, the Halo shells will be 40. So that's 25 Phalanx against 40 Halo shells however, as Swag said in the video, "due to the high trajectory of the Halo Missile, the Phalanx will not be as successful". Therefore, out of 40 Halo shells, if you use 2 lvl 2 Phalanx per boat you will be killing roughly 10 Halo shells. That means 30 will still be splashing down. It is the equivalent of having one less Halo in your base. Not at all a game changer trust me.  
  • Banjaxed666
    Banjaxed666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 267

Well not 100% True im not in a group but i have good mayes and with a lil coin any one can win

Spoiler:

The-Spy

• CaptConley
    CaptConley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 835
    -Drodion- said:
    so what ur saying is u dnt wat the game to get harder? would that not become dull 
    Is that really what you got from my post? Do you have issues with reading comprehension?

A target ten levels lower destroyed not only a fleet that could kill it last raid but another top raid hull fleet with top tier tech to boot before going down. How is that a fair progression in difficulty?
  • skydiver
    skydiver
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 608
    I just want to say thank you for the great event, I got done the first day and can't wait to build the thresher. I come here and see so many people being so negative towards kixeye, I have even had my share of negativity but bottom line is the FvF aspect of this event is so fun. Yes there is things they can do to improve the game but bottom line is play what you can get help if you need it. but the bottom line is you decide how far you go in this game. I had several white screens and lost a couple fleets due to flash crash, but I got 1 to 50 in one day. bottom line is I have enjoyed the event now that I have fleets that are made for FvF.
  • CaribianPirat
    CaribianPirat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 575
    +1 Event done for me to, and first thresher is coined. Just had to test one out. Well nr2 is in the oven. Very nice raid this time kixeye :) 
  • Destrudo
    Destrudo
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,400
    Yay well Done proof that its a coiner game
    Lvl 23 - Vega Conflict
    Vega ID - 12417  
    No prizes yet as no raids yet :p
  • KingJDogg
    KingJDogg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 614
    dude learn to space the **** thing out ie

I just want to say thank you for the great event, I got done the first day and can't wait to build the thresher.

I come here and see so many people being so negative towards kixeye, I have even had my share of negativity but bottom line is the FvF aspect of this event is so fun. 

Yes there is things they can do to improve the game but bottom line is play what you can get help if you need it. but the bottom line is you decide how far you go in this game. 

I had several white screens and lost a couple fleets due to flash crash, but I got 1 to 50 in one day. 

bottom line is I have enjoyed the event now that I have fleets that are made for FvF.

also way to many bottomlines
  • Josh Williamson
    Josh Williamson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 278
    this isnt FvF though... it is fleet vs armada.

i dont mind being challenged but when KIX doesnt have to to use the weight limitation that we have to abide by and then stack us up against sometimes 20 ships against our 5..........seesms to me that their mortars are able to fire longer as we get closer than ours can.  at least when i sent in mine to test it.

i will have finished all the tiers but wont have spent as much as u did.  the battle pirates community is so very proud of you.
    BIG-PIG-MAN.
    BIGS OF BATTLE PIRATES
  • KingOfAllDomains
    KingOfAllDomains
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,005

so..any advice on what fleets u used?

I dont have drac cannons, Intel lab is at lvl8, weapons lab lvl8, nvl lab lvl9, raid prizes good for raids are battleship, D5-X, LC, and LCX

Also got other reaid/mission prizes i can list if u want to know...

Right now im thinking of banditng tiers 3 and 4 for the jugger, or beg some help

Meanwhile, res situation going bleak as i dont have any ships to carry cargo with and although the 3' BS's, 3 LCX's, and 3LC's can haul enough res home to repair themselves, my supply will die soon and my fleets willl be so outdated

KingofAllDomains, on Vega Conflict c;
  • Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581
    I'm so pleased for you, you are a truly great player and I pay homage at the altar of your skill and fortitude, (and possibly the depth of your pockets). I wish I were so blessed with magnificence, I avert my eyes from the glow of your godliness. In all seriousness, anyone with half descent fleets can do the raid in a day flat if they are prepared to part with the cash so it's not really a fantastic accomplishment. Probably not the time to be gloating with so much venom in the air but good luck to you. May you be happy when they switch the servers off to service Vega conflict and your money dissapears into digital oblivion. True Story!
  • skydiver
    skydiver
    Strike-force Captain
    KingJDogg said:
    dude learn to space the **** thing out ie

I just want to say thank you for the great event, I got done the first day and can't wait to build the thresher.

I come here and see so many people being so negative towards kixeye, I have even had my share of negativity but bottom line is the FvF aspect of this event is so fun. 

Yes there is things they can do to improve the game but bottom line is play what you can get help if you need it. but the bottom line is you decide how far you go in this game. 

I had several white screens and lost a couple fleets due to flash crash, but I got 1 to 50 in one day. 

bottom line is I have enjoyed the event now that I have fleets that are made for FvF.

also way to many bottomlines
    If I wanted it to be an English major dream post I would have, bottom line is who cares
  • Adam Miller
    Adam Miller
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 43
    Not to bad, im low lvl still and got to tier 4 with low armor SW and levis with thuds. Didnt have to spend anything either thanks to the nice guys in sector 4! Thanks for having events every month! Only bad thing i can say is please work on the lag/crashes thank you!
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    LMAO talk about a fanboy yes Kixeye awesome job you proved that you can force us fools to coin in a totslly lopsided event. No way to win it without deep pockets and all drac hulls great job Kix your greed is so impressive.
  • skydiver
    skydiver
    Strike-force Captain
    I'm so pleased for you, you are a truly great player and I pay homage at the altar of your skill and fortitude, (and possibly the depth of your pockets). I wish I were so blessed with magnificence, I avert my eyes from the glow of your godliness. In all seriousness, anyone with half descent fleets can do the raid in a day flat if they are prepared to part with the cash so it's not really a fantastic accomplishment. Probably not the time to be gloating with so much venom in the air but good luck to you. May you be happy when they switch the servers off to service Vega conflict and your money dissapears into digital oblivion. True Story!
    So much envy in your post LOL, I was not bragging just telling kixeye thank you. So many people complain and whine, they just need to play or not, but thanks for your well thought out post (insert snide remark here)
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    skydiver said:
    So much envy in your post LOL, I was not bragging just telling kixeye thank you. So many people complain and whine, they just need to play or not, but thanks for your well thought out post (insert snide remark here)
    What are you thanking them for? This event doesn't require skill it requires spamming fleets and deep pockets. This is a poorly designed event that is so obviously a money grab it is not even funny.
  • Pig-Pen_LS
    Pig-Pen_LS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,342
    LMAO talk about a fanboy yes Kixeye awesome job you proved that you can force us fools to coin in a totslly lopsided event. No way to win it without deep pockets and all drac hulls great job Kix your greed is so impressive.
    no one is making u coin or take part 
    thats down to you 
    you want new stuff then play/coin if u think u dnt need it then dnt bother 

so ur line of them making u do something so so not true 
  • stejak
    stejak
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 193
    I wonder how long the OP has had his lips glued to Kixeye's collective corporate ****.
  • purps44
    purps44
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 295
    You should try a 50 then,  that will shock you even more!   

Since the last raid I am still building the same fleet, so the game getting that much harder in 1 month is a bit too much.  

Give me a dry dock so I can build a new fleet and refit an old fleet, and I might be better for dealing with the sudden increases to damage from raids.  (but TBH its the constant crashes that cause me most of my repairs in raids).
    Battle pirates Raid 4 - 1st place.
    Battle pirates Raid 5 - 1st place. 
    Battle pirates Raid 6 - 1st place.
    Battle pirates Raid 7+ Yep I won the rest too.
  • Zam
    Zam
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    Last raid I took out the lvl 50 with the following tactics. Used a specially built SC (see attached) to use as a damage soak while the remaining ships fired from safety. It's the best build I could come up with within the confines of the ship's capability.

This is a siege missile fleet and as you can see it has heavy missile defense and decent ballistic and explosive to cover bonus damage.

Okay, I was able to kill the lvl 50 in one shot with this fleet last raid, without losing the fleet, after clearing all other guards and torp towers with other fleets. This raid I decided to stop at tier three. Earlier a 40 spawned outside my base and I thought, what the hell...might just go for T-4 just for giggles. My "damage soak" ship took 3 volleys from the Level 40 Nemesis and was gone. Now just WTF?

How exactly are you guys supposed to keep players' interest when you make such HUGE changes from raid to the next? Why even participate to earn new tech if our builds we work so hard on are effectively "nerfed" from one raid to the next?

And FYI, I lost my DNX fleet that is built for raids and just barely finished the Nemesis off. Like I mentioned before...just WTF!?
    I'm with you brother.  Raids don't feel important anymore and what you mentioned is precisely why. 
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Freakshow
    Freakshow
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 494
    apparently it's all about the "bottom line"........
    Freakshow

Battle Pirates
    Lvl 57
    Retired due to lack of interest
    Id 41100
    Vega 
    Lvl 31
    Haven't progressed due to lack of interest

not played.

Vega
    Lvl 27

Beatings shall continue until morale improves
  • skydiver
    skydiver
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 23 Mar 2013, 9:41PM
    This is too funny, this post did exactly what I posted it to do. It brought out the trolls and the boys in mommas basement. up kixeyes **** really I been criticial of kixeye a lot, I just wanted to see how many trolls were out there and here you are LOL.  and yes freakshow it is about the bottom line LOL
  • KingJDogg
    KingJDogg
    Strike-force Captain
    I'm not trolling just make ti readable as it was a wall of text.

Btw tier 4 about 20 coins.

Not sure thrasher worth it.
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    I did the whole raid with a **** 1 armoured battle barge with rapier missiles only spent 8 coins. I dont know what everyones complaining about..........

.........honest

• KingJDogg
    KingJDogg
    Strike-force Captain
    Perbrill said:
    I did the whole raid with a **** 1 armoured battle barge with rapier missiles only spent 8 coins. I dont know what everyones complaining about..........

.........honest

i call bullshit on that lol