Will more invites for Beta be sent? This is enjoyable

JamesMonster1
JamesMonster1
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 189
I received my Beta invitation today and started playing immediately. Yeah it's like BP in space. But it's faster...travel times. And base design isn't a major deal. It's enjoyable to play. I dunno..it's cooler. 3D corrds. The setup with attacking cargo fleets instead of mines. The "world map" is you in orbit above a planet. I have had a few people ask me about the game who also applied for the Beta testing but haven't received the invite yet. Many want to be Beta testers too so I said I'd ask in these forums if you, Kixeye, will be sending out more "invites"? More as time goes by or what? I also think think game is going to hurt Battle Pirates. The climb to the top is more fun than the top itself. A lot of people will want to start from scratch and apply what they learned in BP. Space battle is just more fun that sea battles.
  • Christopher Felix
    Christopher Felix
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 64
    i hope so hell i even got extra invites for some reason lol
  • DOERMAN
    DOERMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    A few of my friends also want to beta test game, sure hope you send out more invites soon.
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    The beginning part of VC is very much like the beginning of BP - back when everything was fast and cheap to build and repair. The FvF, also, is a lot like what BP's FvF was originally, before they put in arrow keys and allowed everyone to drive their ships stacked. In VC they purposely do not allow ship stacking at all (even though it would make more sense in a space game than a naval game). They also have enough mouse controls that I don't even miss the keyboard - I kind of like it the way it is. 

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Musebreaks
    Musebreaks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 92
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 3:14PM
    Looking forward to have my friends playing with me as well.

I MEAN, *cough* trying the game.
  • JamesMonster1
    JamesMonster1
    Minor Nuisance
    Anyone have any idea how many beta testers there are right now? My player ID is 20K and something... like 20354.
  • JamesMonster1
    JamesMonster1
    Minor Nuisance
    Sprouts said:
     They also have enough mouse controls that I don't even miss the keyboard - I kind of like it the way it is. 

Yeah me too. Though I do appreciate being able to do some things on a keyboard just to not have to point and click so much.

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Anyone have any idea how many beta testers there are right now? My player ID is 20K and something... like 20354.
    As I understand it, the first number was 10,001. Not sure if that means non-kixeye employees or everyone.

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Sprouts said:
    As I understand it, the first number was 10,001. Not sure if that means non-kixeye employees or everyone.

kixeye included, we mods got an ID of 10600 I think...I also like how the first number tells your starting sector
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• JamesMonster1
    JamesMonster1
    Minor Nuisance
    But what is the approx total number of us testers? Anybody have an idea..and if more will be added?
  • Destrudo
    Destrudo
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,400
    i think it stands at about 13k testers now, highest i seen in 23k ID and IDs started at 10k but more are getting added so maybe more now cause of sector 200
    Lvl 23 - Vega Conflict
    Vega ID - 12417  
    No prizes yet as no raids yet :p
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    Flo said:
    Sprouts said:

kixeye included, we mods got an ID of 10600 I think...I also like how the first number tells your starting sector
    wait flo that is just for us n some of the 200 guys right?? cause that can get confusing lol.
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Flo said:
    Sprouts said:

Lol Why did mods got it earlier :P  :P NO FAIR :P mine is 11332!
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,425
    When they send out more invites, they need to invite Sakis ;)   Maybe he'd be so kind to create a ship designer for us. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    yea i think they will but not many more.