The way I see it

HappyPuppy
HappyPuppy
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 264
I am increasingly bewildered by the amount of whinning and crying that goes on every time KIXEYE does a Mission or a Raid.

You can almost count on your fingers the amount of threads that will be started all saying the same things.  It's too hard, Kixeye is after the money..etc..etc..etc..

Well here is a reality check

IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD

Not every player can nor should have the ability to take out a Tier 4 or a Tier 5

If that were so, then where would be the challenge of getting stronger and having the ability to take them out?

Flame all you want, I have broad shoulders, and before anyone says, ya sure, you have big and fast ships, well no I don't
My level is mainly from building up my base, and getting cargos,(which by the way I do not believe should level you up if all you did was pick them up and not earn the cargos)

The best fleet I have are BS with D-35S which I trudged along and won by hitting cargos and getting the BP's for.  Then building them one by one.

Do I think I can reach Tier 5??  probably not, but that is the way the game goes.  I will probably get a lower Tier, which will allow me to small steps eventually get to the Top Tier.

I see a lot of complaining, and it seems like in todays society, it is all about an entitlement.  Well, it doesn't work that way, people have to work at it, nothing is free unless you win a million, or are handed it on a silver platter through birth.

Not everyone can afford, or deserve a Ferrari, but everyone would like to have one.  Same with this game, if everyone were able to have the top Tier, then how special would it be?

So, play the game, yes it can be frustrating at times, but so is life.  Quit complaining about how hard it is, because, it really is not that hard IF, you have built and grown slowly and climbed that ladder through blood sweat and tears.

Don't complain because a Level 50 Military is too hard, if it is too hard, then you are not ready for that level, plain and simple.  re-think your strategy, and come back later with bigger, better and stronger fleets.

In the end, the Top Tiers should NOT be owned by everyone that plays the game, myself included, but yes, some do deserve Top prize, because they have earned it.  And if they coined it, then yes as well, they have earned it because the money had to come from somewhere.(Hopefully legally).

So before you make another thread complaining, ask yourself,honestly, is that prize within my range?  And if not, at what level can I reasonably expect to reach.

Everyone starts at the bottom, only Kings and Queens are born into the Top Tier, the rest of us put the time, effort and sweat into building our little empires.

Enjoy the game, I do, and no I am not a Kixeye employee, nor do I agree with everything they do, but I enjoy the game for what it is.  And if I coin, it is my choice, my impatience.

Ok now, Flame away, doesn't bother me.
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,882
    i only hit the dislike because this is another whine about a whine thread
  • Hawk
    Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 107
    Well said TORCAN (claps)
  • sgtengu
    sgtengu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 208
    ok then if not all players are ment to get the prizes heres an idea then why bother getting new people to play the game they will never grow and never get strong enough to defend themselfs .... now put your self in there shoes for once.... try doing the raid with forsaken ships from the navy lab without coining anything ... low lvls have every right to say there not happy... for a FREE TO PLAY game its got more and more towards the COINERS,... if you couldnt coin you wouldnt have the ships you do ... NOT everyone can coin .. so before you cry at the people crying maybe you should see it from theres said once in a while ... 
    winner of  battle barge A  ,levi A , corvette , destroyer x  ,light cruiser ,light  cruiser x , juggernaut, mercury, battlecruiser , arc missile , drones ballistic and missile piranah  , battlecrusier x and hammerhead B , hammerhead A ,Mauler ,mc Disrupter cannon triton  goli  frigate  destroyer cuda  halo and jav   vult missile spec hellstrikes interdictors dred scx ssa ffa thresher battleship gaurdian rampart

https://www.youtube.com/user/RelentlessAssassins?feature=watch

• JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 108
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 7:08PM
    98% of raid winners get a prize because they moaned like fcking babies that only top 4 players got a ship, so don't talk too me about era of entitlement, those same people would still be crying now if they didn't change things...
    I think I will call this raid a day, Poor me something tall and strong, make it an hurricane... Its only half past twelve, but I don't care, its five o'clock somewhere...
  • JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    You can dislike it and flag it all you want, but you cant change the truth no matter what you do...
    I think I will call this raid a day, Poor me something tall and strong, make it an hurricane... Its only half past twelve, but I don't care, its five o'clock somewhere...
  • Scweeez
    Scweeez
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 369
    Completely agree with the idea that not EVERYONE is supposed to win EVERYTHING all the time. Why would we work so hard at this game if it so easy that everyone wins? I've played this game for 3 years for free - because coiners pay to get the stuff quicker & easier - and I'm totally ok with it. I remember a time when only the top 4 in each sector got anything at all, and I wasnt ever one of the top 4. Then they opened it up & thats when the whining really started in this game. Why is that?

Either there is just too much entitlement in our players - or we have too many people playing who are the 'conquer the game in 3 days' type of players. Its a game of strategy & vision over a long term. You're just not meant to win a top prize before your time and you should be ok with that.
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729

Torcan said:

Don't complain because a Level 50 Military is too hard, if it is too hard, then you are not ready for that level, plain and simple.  re-think your strategy, and come back later with bigger, better and stronger fleets.

See, thats the whole point. As you suggest - build a bigger and better fleet for the next raid. Well when that player finishes that better fleet (assuming that player waits out the long build times for five ships to be completed)  KIX would have raised the bar even further out of reach and that better fleet as you suggested would already be obsolete.  The bar or the higher tiers is constantly being pushed out of reach.
    Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
  • HappyPuppy
    HappyPuppy
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 7:30PM
    sgtengu said:
    ok then if not all players are ment to get the prizes heres an idea then why bother getting new people to play the game they will never grow and never get strong enough to defend themselfs .... now put your self in there shoes for once.... try doing the raid with forsaken ships from the navy lab without coining anything ... low lvls have every right to say there not happy... for a FREE TO PLAY game its got more and more towards the COINERS,... if you couldnt coin you wouldnt have the ships you do ... NOT everyone can coin .. so before you cry at the people crying maybe you should see it from theres said once in a while ... 

LOL, I have never coined any ship that I have, I have built and waited like everyone else.  I have on occassion however coined a repair, just because I was impatient.
    And lower levels???  Do you think I started at level 51??  no, I trudged, and researched, and sweated my way up.  

Most of the levelling, like I said in the original post is due to research and hitting cargos.  Do I have great ships?  absolutely not, I spent my time and research on base defense. 
    And that is where most of the levelling up has come from. 

So, as far as I am concerned, I am still a "LOW LEVEL" player when it comes to fleets.  There are level 35's that have better fleets than I do, but I don't be-grudge them for that, I'm just going to wait till they get to level 40 and farm them, because I know they concentrated on fleets and forgot about their bases :)
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Completely agree with the idea that not EVERYONE is supposed to win EVERYTHING all the time. Why would we work so hard at this game if it so easy that everyone wins? I've played this game for 3 years for free - because coiners pay to get the stuff quicker & easier - and I'm totally ok with it. I remember a time when only the top 4 in each sector got anything at all, and I wasnt ever one of the top 4. Then they opened it up & thats when the whining really started in this game. Why is that?

Either there is just too much entitlement in our players - or we have too many people playing who are the 'conquer the game in 3 days' type of players. Its a game of strategy & vision over a long term. You're just not meant to win a top prize before your time and you should be ok with that.
    I agree.  There are still some definite balance issues that it'd be nice to see addressed, but it's so hard nowadays to separate out legitimate complaints about balance from demands for a free sparkle pony.  Game is definitely not fast or easy.  I won the last of the Top 4 raids after about a year of building up, and I had to grind all but 10 hours or so of the raid to pull that off.  Each one after that got easier, especially as they casualed-down the raids to be more accessible and give everyone a participation ribbon.  There are still definitely sticking points in the difficulty curve, and the game could use some more interesting catch-up mechanics to bring mid-level players up closer to par as time passes, but overall the only real solution is playing the game to win.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • HappyPuppy
    HappyPuppy
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 7:35PM
    Max Last said:

I agree.  There are still some definite balance issues that it'd be nice to see addressed, but it's so hard nowadays to separate out legitimate complaints about balance from demands for a free sparkle pony.  Game is definitely not fast or easy.  I won the last of the Top 4 raids after about a year of building up, and I had to grind all but 10 hours or so of the raid to pull that off.  Each one after that got easier, especially as they casualed-down the raids to be more accessible and give everyone a participation ribbon.  There are still definitely sticking points in the difficulty curve, and the game could use some more interesting catch-up mechanics to bring mid-level players up closer to par as time passes, but overall the only real solution is playing the game to win.

Absolutely, 

Is it perfect?  NO, is it Fun??  Definitely.  It still needs a few tweeks here and there, but overall, it is exactly where it should be at this stage.
  • Rick Gibbs
    Rick Gibbs
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 25
    Raids are for all to have a chance to win. Not just the coiners.... PLAIN AN SIMPLE
  • JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 8:01PM
    None of these people would have a drac hull unless their combined crying about only the top 4 coiners getting em, changed things... that was my point...

It was that crying by the whole community that got things changed and how most these people even got a shot at the raids, if they was no change they would all be still whining like babies instead of handing out songs of praise. Now these raid winners who think low levels live in a world of entitlement, suddenly think that the entitlement has shifted position and they have rights to them because they are a higher level.

I call foul on all you lot with that claim... you people would not have any prizes (not talking to the 2% that did win during top four raids) and a few people on this forum have to learn that complaining makes the game better for the community.