Dry Dock.

MAC__ROSLEN
MAC__ROSLEN
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 800
Dry Dock will be so so so very useful now. I have so many not built hull :( Don't you guys agree?
Hulls Won:  

Sea Scorpion A -Hammerhead A & B - Barracuda - Goliath - Spectre - Super Fortress - Battle Barge A - Leviathan A - Hurricane - Triton - Corvette - Destroyer - Light Cruiser - Light Cruiser X - Battle Cruiser - Battle Cruiser X - Battleship - Juggernaut - Strike Cruiser - Interdictor - Dreadnought- thresher-Mercury-Stingray-Missile CruiserX-Battle-CruiserX-Guardian-Juggx.
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Usernamejanjacob39?feature=mhee
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Will Harbin doesn't want to do it because it would mean defeat for him. In a sense. They wanna do their own thing in their own way.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • MAC__ROSLEN
    MAC__ROSLEN
    Strike-force Captain
    I'm just thinking pal :)
    Hulls Won:  

Sea Scorpion A -Hammerhead A & B - Barracuda - Goliath - Spectre - Super Fortress - Battle Barge A - Leviathan A - Hurricane - Triton - Corvette - Destroyer - Light Cruiser - Light Cruiser X - Battle Cruiser - Battle Cruiser X - Battleship - Juggernaut - Strike Cruiser - Interdictor - Dreadnought- thresher-Mercury-Stingray-Missile CruiserX-Battle-CruiserX-Guardian-Juggx.
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,332
    Totally agree
  • Blanick
    Blanick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 16
    Doubt we'll see it.  Though it's something all players want, seems to be a reason why it's getting ignored.

Whether it would increase/decrease the overall coin usage of their subscriber base, you'd think they'd look at it from the viewpoint of increasing their customer's overall game experience.
  • MAC__ROSLEN
    MAC__ROSLEN
    Strike-force Captain
    Just thinking whats the purpose of releasing tons of new hulls when we cant even built them in a short period of time.
    You want me to coin them? Sorry but I'm just a moderate coiner who coin during raids :)
    Hulls Won:  

• WaterDog
    WaterDog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,321
    It would be nice, but here is a direct quote from Will..
  • tipstir
    tipstir
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 493
    Sounds like it can't be done with this current code engine. 
    Been playing BP since Sept 2012
    Home Sec: 471
    Travel Secs: 1, 22, 52, 66, 80, 90,  102, 104, 127, 180,  196, 197, 205, 280, 285, 296, 308, 315, 336,  358, 364, 388,  423, 441, 461, 458, 471, 496, 498, 500 
    Other Games: VC-Beta Tester, WC
  • Raizer_Of_Hell
    Raizer_Of_Hell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    As someone who buys my fleets i would be pissed off if they brought it in now.
  • jeffc
    jeffc
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 46
    I Agree we need the Dry Dock!!!
  • Spider Monkey
    Spider Monkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 505
    They don't need a second dock really all they need to do is use the dock we already have to do refit and use the shipyard to build in sample we can refit and build a hull at same time. The question is will they do this? probably not but it's easy to implement and easy to do lol but it's up to kixeye if they want to do it or not would it help in bring in coins yes :) 
    I started in sector 247

The sectors I been too 247, 352, 354, 16, 276, 415, 479

The hulls won Destroyer, Destroyer X, LC's, LCX, BC, Juggs, and MC so far 

How to survive Level 40

How to survive level 40 part 2: Raid strategy 

Tips for 40's 
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    What would be the point? If dry dock were added, the game would have to be altered significantly in some other way to make up for the lost revenue. No company executive who wants to keep his or her job wakes up one morning and asks "What can I do today to drastically decrease the profitability of one of my products?"
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    What would be the point? If dry dock were added, the game would have to be altered significantly in some other way to make up for the lost revenue. No company executive who wants to keep his or her job wakes up one morning and asks "What can I do today to drastically decrease the profitability of one of my products?"
    "Hey, you know what would really help game balance?  If we sped up power creep EVEN faster to the point where people either plateau and increase overall player churn, or we have to keep exponentially increasing the power level of the game to maintain interest."
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • Captain Chuckles
    Captain Chuckles
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 62
    This thread pops up every couple of weeks.  You keep waiting for that dry dock, I'll keep waiting for the end of the world.  We'll see who wins.

Level 54
    Sectors: 210, 7, 8, 44, 234, 14, 394,393,379, 407...
    Currently: Living the dream somewhere...
  • Goldfis_DS
    Goldfis_DS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    Its as simple as making the ship that goes into the Dry Dock have to have a star rank on it.  This way you cant just build the haul with one weapon and then move it to the dry dock.  Make it primarily a refit dock.  This means you would have to either coin up the rank or use the ship.  I am fine with the shipyard, just hate tying it up with a refit on a fleet that has all this new tech available to it, which means I could refit it without takin away from my normal shipyard time.  With these little changes I could inflict more damage, damage = coins if they coin it up to come back out to fight.  But who knows these dumb **** seem to have all the answers.  

• GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    Its as simple as making the ship that goes into the Dry Dock have to have a star rank on it.  This way you cant just build the haul with one weapon and then move it to the dry dock.  Make it primarily a refit dock.  This means you would have to either coin up the rank or use the ship.  I am fine with the shipyard, just hate tying it up with a refit on a fleet that has all this new tech available to it, which means I could refit it without takin away from my normal shipyard time.  With these little changes I could inflict more damage, damage = coins if they coin it up to come back out to fight.  But who knows these dumb **** seem to have all the answers.  

No, it's not nearly that simple. The problem isn't that they don't know how make a dry dock work, it's that they don't want a dry dock because it would seriously affect their main source of revenue form this game. If they were to add a dry dock, which they clearly won't, they would have to devise another way to make up for that lost revenue which would likely make the overall situation worse and cause an endless amount of crying about how unfair that new system is.

"we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • BEASTIE
    BEASTIE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 798
    Mr. Will Harbin has made it very clear that it is not going to happen. 
    See, sons, what things you are?
    How quickly nature falls into revolt
    When gold becomes her object. 2 Henry IV 
  • Blade_DOGX
    Blade_DOGX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 49
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 9:42AM
    As someone who buys my fleets i would be pissed off if they brought it in now.
    WHY would you be pissed of you can still buy your fleets infact there will be NOTHING different apart from you will be able to refit and build at the same time...somthing needs to change Will needs to let his EGO go and LISTEN to the customers as WE are always RIGHT, if he does not his company ill not last long..thts a FACT 
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 1:54PM
    FFS

Imagine that you woke up this morning to discover that your paycheck was suddenly 10x bigger from now on.

THEN, you discover that EVERYTHING ELSE was 10x more expensive: food, cars, beer, subway fares, etc.
    But you have now moved into a higher tax bracket.

In what way would your life be better or different in a good way?

The drydock, assuming EVERYONE gets one, would result in the same effect, except that:

In the NEW versions of the arms rush, you would have your expensive (res, $, repair times, etc) toys twice as fast (along with EVERYONE ELSE), and be subject to longer and bigger repair costs sooner, but no actual in-game advantage.

A dry-dock is a BAD thing, and you have been told you can't have one anyways.
    Please stop crying for a net-negative 'improvement'
    =;

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Wrexzor
    Wrexzor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 147
    WaterDog said:
    It would be nice, but here is a direct quote from Will..
    And if they do it without adding a 2nd dock, he won't have lied.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
  • Wrexzor
    Wrexzor
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 2:03PM
    How much revenue is being lost because people are leaving the game over long build times?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
  • Aldo_The_Apache
    Aldo_The_Apache
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 413
    edited 19 Mar 2013, 2:07PM
    FFS

Imagine that you woke up this morning to discover that your paycheck was suddenly 10x bigger from now on.

THEN, you discover that EVERYTHING ELSE was 10x more expensive: food, cars, beer, subway fares, etc.

The drydock, assuming EVERYONE gets one, would result in the same effect, except that:

In the NEW versions of the arms rush, you would have your expensive (res, $, repair times, etc) toys twice as fast (along with EVERYONE ELSE), and be subject to longer and bigger repair costs sooner, but no actual in-game advantage.

=;
     Very good point,The amount of threads spamming this is however becoming overwhelming and as you say it essentially makes no difference positively or negatively *Given testing* This is a beta correct? And if it does present a negative element im sure we can even it out in the long run. Something needs to give whether its repeats on game changer hulls/tech or in game ways to earn coin maybe? Never gonna please everyone but trial and error is the point of a beta. In the end someone will ALWAYS pay to win that's a constant in this type of business, Its what they rely on. hats off they are making a killing. But majority should rule, Why cant kixeye pick 2 hot topics *biweekly?*,put it to vote and implement? I would rather repeat hulls and bug fixes then new hulls and glitchy game play stealing my coin tbh, and be able to build/repair 2 fleets/ships at a time. Especially if we voted it in.
  • PureDestruction
    PureDestruction
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 40
    We Need it BAD
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    FFS

=;
    i tried looking for the 'tool' flag but they dont have one ... more players sinking boats and bases = more coins to repair said boats and bases this would increase the number of DAU's and overall players IF it was brought in right ... just another dock designed ONLY to refit full hulls it wouldnt really pull coins away from kixeye seeing coiners just buy their ships full stop ... so another way of refitting will not change this ...

meh its a dead horse anyways so sod it lol
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    It is, "a dead horse", as Chris Robb points out above simply because the irresistible force meets the immovable object. That said, why Kixeye don't just introduce it on a test and try it beats me. Sheer recalcitrant bloody-mindedness I guess as no logic whatsoever. About as intelligent as a maggot with a lobotomy.

Try the bloody thing. If it works out all round, all good, keep it. If it proves a screw up, ditch it. Simples.

As for not being able to implement it with, "this current code engine" (tipstir), pants to that. It's child's play.

• Wrexzor
    Wrexzor
    Minor Nuisance

Wrexzor said:
    How much revenue is being lost because people are leaving the game over long build times?
    And how many people decide not to coin for the top 1 or 2 tiers during raids because they are already backlogged? If they aren't loosing money by not implementing it, I'd be surprised.
  • shane.a.cooper
    shane.a.cooper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 296
    Since the new 'Forsaken' hulls don't seem to be appearing in my Forsaken naval lab and Kixeye is unwilling to allow me to use the naval lab for anything else...not sure its required now.

Any thoughts?
    My only wish is that Will and Barack had grown up together.  :- )
  • Oldadeo
    Oldadeo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 101
    A dry dock would be sweet.
  • MAC__ROSLEN
    MAC__ROSLEN
    Strike-force Captain
    What I'm thinking is not a second dry dock. I'm thinking of a second shipyard that only allows you to refit your old ships. Simple as that. 

Hulls Won:  

• Tw_t_Waffle
    Tw_t_Waffle
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 311
    Maybe Chevy will give me a free corvette.  I mean clearly Chevrolet is greedy and only out for themselves otherwise they would do this
    Hate all you want you're just wasting your time
  • Oldadeo
    Oldadeo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 101
    No matter what you want to call it, it sure would be nice to be able to build a ship and at the same time refit another ship.   :)