This is my own prediction. I wish I was playing in the beta right now, idk if people are yet already and I'm excluded or if Kixeye isn't doing a private beta session at all. I would still like in and I'd contribute a lot to it because I'm basically obsessed with space-like science fiction stuff anyway. The fact Kixeye is making a space-oriented game is extraordinary.
There will be 2 resources (just like WC) and a power-like type of resource as well. The power buildings would be called something like "solar stations".
It's impossible to tell what resource it would be called.
- (mineral) Resource 1
- (mineral) Resource 2
- Power (energy/electricity)
(The names here aren't exact)
I'd assume you would have your basic buildings: town hall/CC, 2 types of resource producers, power stations, research (offensive, giving upgrades to ships) is certain. You might have 2 offensive type of research and that depends on exactly how ship construction works. Most likely you'd research different ship hulls, different weapons, and different armors.
My guess is that ship construction will largely be similar to BP. Research a new ship, and fit it with certain weapons and armors.
It's hard to guess exactly what they will be called, but I can say that weapons have basically always been like this:
1. High damage, low range
2. Low damage, high range
3. Splash damage
There will probably be weapons in between and there will always be weapons added in the future, but since it's in beta weapons probably are going to follow that type of setup.
This is relatively simple, armor will be stronger as you level up.
This space game may or may not have specials at first (like greater speed, power, armor, etc.) but they may be added later.
I have a few things to say here, because right now it sounds a lot like BP.
- It's in space. (hahah ik)
- Ship Construction will most likely happen quickly, and the goal will be to have lots of ships. Same amount of time I guess, but this will also separate the patient from the people who have to wait. In BP, you have to wait. In VC, you can wait for a full army and succeed or attack with a half army and fail... because you were impatient.
- (This might be outrageous) but I am going to say that ships might not be controlled. I'm predicting a large number of ships and attacking with a large number of moving ships and controlling them is impossible. Instead they would be pre-programmed to go after resources, towers, closest, strongest, or weakest (strongest and weakest would need a pre-programmed range, so maybe not for those two). Instead, attacks would work like this:
Scenario: I want 10 ships to go straight at the power stations and knock them out. I'm going to send 20 ships to draw fire from any towers near the power stations. The other 20 ships I will send once the power is knocked out to kill the remaining towers and kill the base.
Defense will be unique in this game like it hasn't been before. I'm predicting VC will be much like the old CCs version of TSG (TSG is an all defensive game)
A few things:
- Just like in WC, hitting the power will slow down the towers.
- The way towers are built will be somewhat similar, somewhat different.
How towers will work: (this is an example)
(turret is like a machine gun. Quickly kills off ships with little or no armor, fails against armor)
(laser is like a sniper-type of thing. Kills off ships, regardless of armor (though armor helps) 1 at a time)
(missile is a high level thing. Expensive and would launch, kill what it hits, and give splash damage. In effect the same as laser and turret with a longer range, but a very slow rate of fire. So speed would need to be used against these)
Level 1: Basic tower/turret
Level 2: Choice between turret, laser, or missile
Level 3: Turret upgrades
- Long range turret
- High health turret
- Higher damage turret
- Long range laser
- High health laser
- High damage laser
Level 4: You would pick again off of whatever your tower is what to upgrade
- Long range missile
- High health missile
- High damage missile
Level 5: You would pick again off of whatever your tower is what to upgrade
In reality you could have a missile with 3 range upgrades, or a missile with 1 of each upgrade, whatever suits your defensive interests.
David Scott: Made me smile
"Games like BYM and VC are never truly won; rather, the winner is who has the most fun."