Should There Be A 1.5 Million Point Tier 3 Prize and 2.5 Million Point Prize?

markus4683
markus4683
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 31
edited 8 Mar 2013, 1:50AM

Should There Be A 1.5 Million Point Tier 3 Prize and 2.5 Million Point Prize? 171 votes

Yes
65% 112 votes
No
34% 59 votes
  • Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,725
    For... what, exactly? The missions?
  • Anabasis
    Anabasis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 308
    No there shouldn't ..simply put..If you can't get tier 3..what makes you think you could get tier 2.5 so to speak.  What kind of BPs would these 2.5 s hold..would they even be worth the effort...as I'm assuming they would be in hopes that lower levels who can't reach tier 3 could win something.  Well they can , it's called tier 2
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    3 tiers is more than enough for the weekly missions, the prizes are worthy of the effort to win them.
    :)
  • Mattva Vaugh
    Mattva Vaugh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 342
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 4:32AM

trojan66 said:
    3 tiers is more than enough for the weekly missions, the prizes are worthy of the effort to win them.
    Agreed, but if they have 5BP for T3 prize and refreshes every 3-4 weeks, someone bound to miss a few BPs. e.g, many players has missed the Engine Sys or Strike sys 3.
    Nice to have 2nd go, provide an option for player who finished T3, to re-start from T1 again.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,207
    Anabasis said:
    No there shouldn't ..simply put..If you can't get tier 3..what makes you think you could get tier 2.5 so to speak.  What kind of BPs would these 2.5 s hold..would they even be worth the effort...as I'm assuming they would be in hopes that lower levels who can't reach tier 3 could win something.  Well they can , it's called tier 2
    Read first, then reply. Don't just Troll.

The OP is asking for Tier 3 to be at 1.5mil points and then a 4th Tier set at 2.5mil points. That isn't needed. Honestly it is not. The majority of the problems with the Typhoons last week had to do with the out of whack damage to points earned ration.

It was not in line with the OP events, never has been and the players have been commenting on this since day one of Typhoons. The simple solution has always been to just double the points awarded for each Typhoon. Then the Damage to points earned will fall in line with everything else. Especially, can't seem to stress this enough, especially since these Forsaken Missions were originally designed as stepping stones for those that were needing to build up to the monthly raids.
  • Spawn-of-Satan
    Spawn-of-Satan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 38
    who cares you still gotta get 2.5m to get all 3. theirs no reason to change it plus it gives the lower levels a little something to get
  • Destrudo
    Destrudo
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,400
    i voted yes but i would only for the reason that the gap difference is quite tall for some in 3days, i get mines easy enough, but maybe have it where tier 3 (1.5mil) only offers armours that are not yet in BP form and tier 4 (2.5mil) keeps the New ships and advanced tech 
    Lvl 23 - Vega Conflict
    Vega ID - 12417  
    No prizes yet as no raids yet :p
  • WeThePeople
    WeThePeople
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,504
    Hell ya at 1.5 mill u can have another torp.   
    WeThePeople [FKU]...lvl 82

Coming to sector near U 

• Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,903
    I think new players deserves a chance to compete so a Prize at 1.5 mil is a fair chance to em. 
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    I would also like a 2.0m prize.

...and a 1.0m prize would be nice too.

Can I also have a 750k prize? That would be neat

What about a 375k prize. Is that do-able?

rinse and repeat.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 2:02PM
    For weekly missions 3 tiers are enough. 4 tiers would be too many (unless you are going to release SC/BS or equivalent BP but would need to up the points required for tier 4)

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    i voted yes even though it just takes me a few hrs to get the quota, im thinking of the lower lvls that struggle to get anywhere near 2.5m. im sure they would coin a bit more to have a chance at a prize
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    For weekly missions 3 tiers are enough. 4 tiers would be too many (unless you are going to release SC/BS or inequivalent BP but would need to up the points required for tier 4)
    Inequivalent?
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Cranberry said:
    For weekly missions 3 tiers are enough. 4 tiers would be too many (unless you are going to release SC/BS or inequivalent BP but would need to up the points required for tier 4)
    Inequivalent?
    That word is non-existatory.

• EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 2:06PM

Cranberry said:
    Inequivalent?

Lol. just realised i put "Inequivalent" #-o
    Freudian slip 
    :|

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    No just a 1.5 tier and no 2.5 I can't be bothered trying for tier 3 anymore

• Raptor1027
    Raptor1027
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 720
    why would there be a 4th prize?  its easy enough getting to tier 3 even without drac ships.  i hit 31s and 37s like its my job with thud seawolves.  minimal repairs and im back out on the water in no time.  adding a 4th prize in the middle of the current tier 2 and 3 is completely unnecessary

• BlacklagoonCreature
    BlacklagoonCreature
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 372
    I think a better system would be give players the choice at Tier 3, Tier 1 an 2, ok,random selection. But to give more incentive for players to make that long grind to tier 3 woul be to have their choice at the top.
  • Aladar jarok
    Aladar jarok
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 729
    i feel 2.5m is too much for tier 3 and feel it should be brought down to something reasonable.

1.5m, should be tier 3 and i will not waiver from this opinion either.

2.5m for a weekly mission is unfair and just plain wrong. the whole idea is to have fun not to have to work our tails off making these massive combat fleets just to make tier 3.
    plus around repair times you still have to hit targets big enough to make that 2.5m so yeah, BRING IT DOWN TO 1.5M. 
    and no tier 4 needed.
  • Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,725
    Cranberry said:
    Inequivalent?
    Inequivalent is a perfectly cromulent word.
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Cranberry said:
    Inequivalent?
    I am always happy to embiggen my vocabulary.

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Be thankful I say that it isn't 3m or something higher! Tier 3 is a perfectly rounded place with great prizes that everyone wants and can obtain. If any adjustments were made then I would suggest lowering it by 250k to 2.25m points. Which is what older tier 3 prizes were. Same amount I got my battlecruiser from. This 2.5m method is better since the Battlecruiser from the Christmas Raid, equivilant to a tier 3 prize, was 3.5 million points. 2.5m is the better deal. 1.5 not needed.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Cranberry
    Cranberry
    Incursion Leader
    Be thankful I say that it isn't 3m or something higher! Tier 3 is a perfectly rounded place with great prizes that everyone wants and can obtain. If any adjustments were made then I would suggest lowering it by 250k to 2.25m points. Which is what older tier 3 prizes were. Same amount I got my battlecruiser from. This 2.5m method is better since the Battlecruiser from the Christmas Raid, equivilant to a tier 3 prize, was 3.5 million points. 2.5m is the better deal. 1.5 not needed.
    If you're going by equivalent value to the Christmas raid then 3.5mil with half repair time would be more akin to 1.75mil with normal repair time.

Though if your only goal was to earn the Battlecruiser during the Christmas raid then that would be 3.5mil for 7 days or 500k per day with half repair time. Which in turn would be 250k per day at normal repair time. Thus making the Battlecruiser only a 750,000pt prize in the Forsaken missions. Though I wouldn't think the BCX should be at that level. Where it is at is fine, they just need to keep the damage taken to points awarded balanced correctly, like the OPs are this week.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Cranberry said:
    Inequivalent?
    I am always happy to embiggen my vocabulary.
    R.I.P English language.

• tipstir
    tipstir
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 493
    They had prizes for 1.150 million you could win two drac ships. But they need to bring back those prizes so everything can works so hard and damage all their fleets just to get higher prizes. If that is what you want to do.  

First Prize
    Second Prize
    Third Prize

Of course they have it reverse  Tier 1 , Tier 2 and Tier 3.  What should be really done is base on your levels 1 thru 20 use have 1-3 Tier prizes.  21 thru 40 a different  1-3 Tier prizes and 41 to 50 an etc. This way everyone should be happen winning something base on their levels instead of just getting the same type of prizes. More random or let use choose what we want like they in in the drac ship choices.

This yes and no just not helping. 
    Been playing BP since Sept 2012
    Home Sec: 471
    Travel Secs: 1, 22, 52, 66, 80, 90,  102, 104, 127, 180,  196, 197, 205, 280, 285, 296, 308, 315, 336,  358, 364, 388,  423, 441, 461, 458, 471, 496, 498, 500 
    Other Games: VC-Beta Tester, WC
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    edited 10 Mar 2013, 5:41PM

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Cranberry said:
    If you're going by equivalent value to the Christmas raid then 3.5mil with half repair time would be more akin to 1.75mil with normal repair time.

Though if your only goal was to earn the Battlecruiser during the Christmas raid then that would be 3.5mil for 7 days or 500k per day with half repair time. Which in turn would be 250k per day at normal repair time. Thus making the Battlecruiser only a 750,000pt prize in the Forsaken missions. Though I wouldn't think the BCX should be at that level. Where it is at is fine, they just need to keep the damage taken to points awarded balanced correctly, like the OPs are this week.
    No I am not saying it is the value of the christmas raid. Seeing how previous raids had the tier 3 prizes at over 2.5m points.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • UncleB
    UncleB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 930
    Why yes im going to say yes...lol
  • THUNDER STORM
    THUNDER STORM
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 595
    edited 11 Mar 2013, 2:26PM

I m not much sure but if u asking fr 1.5M fr tier3 in raids n 2.5M fr tier3 in weekly mission then this is not same how u r looking.

In raid u hv to straight earn 1.5M fr tier3 prize; but in missions this 2.5M encludes tier 1&2 as well.

So finally tier3 is,

2.5M - 500K - 150K = 1.85K.

not much difference n in raids we hv to get 5 tiers in 4 days ( abt 18M ~ 4-4.5 M per day) but in mission we hv to make only 2.5M in 3 days (833.33K per day or 1.67M per day [if u compare with raid time coz of half repair]).

So i think this is much easier n u get it. (If u r not talking abt using instant repair fleets.)

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    What the heck would a tier 4 and tier 3 prize list be anyways.