A Compromise on the Dry Dock - Just a thought

Capt_John_Cales
Capt_John_Cales
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 49
edited 20 Feb 2013, 4:17PM

It’s clear that as much as we ask for a dry dock, the loss of revenue to KixEye is probably the main stumbling block to us ever getting this.

But maybe a compromise exists if we all sacrifice something?

In principle my thought was to trade/ reduce re-fit times by 50% but coin and resources are needed in return. This way we get too re-fit in half the time but Kix get their coins in return.

This is not going to appeal to everybody but those who do not coin tbh don’t have a voice in this debate.

Will this affect the balance of the game? Maybe but that’s another debate…

So my question is simple, would you support the idea of a dry dock with reduced re-fit time but it can only be coined?

eg. A 2 day refit be reduced by 50% = 1 day and 48 coins? The coins taken at the beginning and the finished re-fit being released 24 hrs later.

Let’s keep responses on-topic but ideally just a LIKE or DISLIKE would suffice.

• Bowmore Sweden
    Bowmore Sweden
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6
    LOL .... NO
  • Jack Greene
    Jack Greene
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 37
    No thanks.  I'd prefer a dry dock without coin requirements.  While I do coin some, requiring coin to do a refit would just amplify the difference between coiners and non-coiners. Part of the fun in the game is the number of players, let's not chase the free loaders off.
    Black_Jack-D6 - Level 64 - deep six - friends in sector, foes on the border
  • therealslimshady
    therealslimshady
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 307
    um......so if i have a 2 day build, I can coin off 1 day by paying 48 coins.........
    OR
    if I have a 2 day build, I can drydock off 1 day by paying 48 coins........

I fail to see how this benefits anybody. You want a separate building that does exactly what pressing the "reduce build time by 1 HR" button 24 times would do? I believe you fail to see the crux of the issue: paying $200 ( over 3X COD blackops price) for 1 fleet is stupid. A compromise would be reduce cost of coining from 2 coins per hour to 1 coin per hour. Your idea makes absolutely no change to cost or build time,and thus does not address the problem that the "drydock" activists are fighting for. Sorry, but this idea is completely useless.
    Three ships for the Forsaken-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Draconian-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for the A.I. doomed to die,
    One for the Will Harbin on his dark throne,
    In the Land of Kixeye where the Shadows lie.
    One ship to rule them all, One ship to find them,
    One ship to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,171
    How is this different than just coining?
  • laughingcow
    laughingcow
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 32
    "This is not going to appeal to everybody but those who do not coin tbh don’t have a voice in this debate."    you for real .. this is a FREE to play game .. EVERYONE should be treated the same way wether you spent 100 gold or 50000 gold or 0 gold ... 
  • therealslimshady
    therealslimshady
    Skilled Warrior
    "This is not going to appeal to everybody but those who do not coin tbh don’t have a voice in this debate."    you for real .. this is a FREE to play game .. EVERYONE should be treated the same way wether you spent 100 gold or 50000 gold or 0 gold ... 
    well, the OP is the same guy who wanted the raids to award points based on lvl so a lvl 20 hitting lvl 20 targets could win a hammerhead, so don't take him to seriously.
  • Quackgoesthe
    Quackgoesthe
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,706

It’s clear that as much as we ask for a dry dock, the loss of revenue to KixEye is probably the main stumbling block to us ever getting this.

In principle my thought was to trade/ reduce re-fit times by 50% but coin and resources are needed in return. This way we get too re-fit in half the time but Kix get their coins in return.

This is not going to appeal to everybody but those who do not coin tbh don’t have a voice in this debate.

So my question is simple, would you support the idea of a dry dock with reduced re-fit time but it can only be coined?

eg. A 2 day refit be reduced by 50% = 1 day and 48 coins? The coins taken at the beginning and the finished re-fit being released 24 hrs later.

Um ... If you are willing to spend the coins to take off a day as it stands, what benefit are you getting?  From what I am reading this would be like queuing a 2 day build in your shipyard then coining a day of it so you only have one day left.  The only advantage is that you could have two builds going at once.  As most of the people looking for a refit yard are looking for a way to reduce their backlog without a huge coin investment I don't think this would resolve the issue.  I also don't know that this feature would get used very often as you would have to pay and wait.
    ([Damage] * (1 + [Damage Bonus])) / ([Reload] / (1 + [Reload bonus]) + 0.1 * ([Salvo] - 1)) = [DPS]
    Not factoring in splash or spread.
    (3200 * (1 + 0)) / (4 / (1 + 0) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 711
    (3200 * (1 + -0.65)) / (4 / (1 + 2) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 611

[QUOTE=KIXEYE CM MagicSarap;2643418]Actually, it's 815 trillion.
  • davec415
    davec415
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,648
    I have 1 answer and it's NO NO NO NO NO oh by the way did I say NO NO NO NO NO.
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • Capt_John_Cales
    Capt_John_Cales
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 49
    All valid comments guys but as I see it, we will never get an additional dock unless there is a financial benefit to Kix. Moan and shout all we want, but until we acknowledge this, its never going to happen. Ohh and in responce to laughingcow, yes it is a free game but if everyone played for free there wouldnt be a game.Yes we all like freebies but sometimes you have to put your hand in your pocket if you want something.

• Ray Caldwell
    Ray Caldwell
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 59

• Ray Caldwell
    Ray Caldwell
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 59
    no some of us can't afford to pay out for ships , i'm on very limited income only coin during raids so i could get new ships but now as for this event like the last one i don't have the money for it so i'm left out which means i can't get top prize bc kixeye only cares about money so they can stop making excuses and give up the dry dock so i can at least make ships i have compete against those more fortunate than me .
  • laughingcow
    laughingcow
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 32
    well to be clear i do coin .. but not in amounts your asking for .... and why offer a FREE to play game then expect people to spend money ... if noone had coined in first place would game still be here ? yes  coz there are plenty of games like this that are free.. as for drydock . kixeye will never introduce this anyway coz if you can only build or refit they know people will coin regardless if they cant wait.. also you not think kixeye should fix there problems they have allready without introducing other bug filled problems ... and if your willing to coin why not coin all your refits and build in first place . 
  • justacripple
    justacripple
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2

how about this way. You must have level 10 dock, naval lab, weapons lab, advance lab, intel lab and war academy. Also your shipyard has to be at level 2 just to build it. It can only be used for  adding specails and armor. No weapons can be refitted in the dry dock. I think this way kixeye will still get the coin. Just a thought

• alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    thats the worst idea i have ever heard, people are complaining about the time it takes non-coiners to get the ships that take 3 weeks to build and your solution is basically to coin it?
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348

how about this way. You must have level 10 dock, naval lab, weapons lab, advance lab, intel lab and war academy. Also your shipyard has to be at level 2 just to build it. It can only be used for  adding specails and armor. No weapons can be refitted in the dry dock. I think this way kixeye will still get the coin. Just a thought

i think most of this is just, but the weapons bit is a bit far
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • therealslimshady
    therealslimshady
    Skilled Warrior
    All valid comments guys but as I see it, we will never get an additional dock unless there is a financial benefit to Kix. Moan and shout all we want, but until we acknowledge this, its never going to happen. Ohh and in responce to laughingcow, yes it is a free game but if everyone played for free there wouldnt be a game.Yes we all like freebies but sometimes you have to put your hand in your pocket if you want something.

the reason people want the dryock is because of the stupid price of everything in this game. I can understand coining a little bit, but the prices they charge are outrageous. If i wanted to coin 3 fleets of raid ships, I could buy 10 full size disk games instead. no everyone can afford to shell out 600+ on a flash game just to be competitive. I understand paying to support the product, but kixeyes "financial benefit" if already off the charts. cant they throw us a bone for once. also, this thread should be closed because you are just asking for a feature that already exists. 
  • ArizonaBiker
    ArizonaBiker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    Well, my vote will have to be NO.  I for one, can not afford it.  I'm not "crying in my beer" when I say that I'm one of the individuals that just can not afford to "coin."  I live on a disabled military veteran's retirement income.  Again, I'm not crying about my situation.....just stating the facts of why I (and, more-than-likely, many, many others) can't shell out coins for this game, or any other game.  I really enjoy playing "Battle Pirates".  But, it gets kinda hard to keep up with the other players that have the coins to shell out when they want to advance quicker than the other guy.
    Well, I guess I've said enough...

Keep fighting, my friends!