This new forum layout blows.

Kickass BDS
Kickass BDS
Incursion Leader
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,426
The fonts and the colour palette are hard on the eyes and make it look like its from some kids game. Please make some changes that actually improve things and not make them worse. Thanks.
 Kickass (BDS)  
Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Youtube:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  • kreep.steve
    kreep.steve
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    edited 16 Feb 2013, 3:36PM
    Every time someone changes a forum layout, half the users always say it sucks.

Sometimes it just takes getting accustomed to.

Often, it's because some marketer thought the colour scheme they picked is "exciting" "vibrant" "lively" "not boring" ..... yada, yada, yada.
    Sadly, they never seem to realize that simple black and white (with reasonable size fonts) became so common over the years precisely because it is easy to read.

This layout is more awful than most that I have seen, so I must conclude it's one of the latter group.

To whomever designed this:  please change to something easy to read, and easy on the eyes.  Maybe start with black and white, and embellish just a little bit if your creative juices demand it.  Sure, your client or boss is paying you to be creative - but please do not lose all sight of usefulness.

p.s.:  I just saw the drac hunt teaser page - with dozens of individual thumbnails at the bottom of every user that "liked" that post.  To the complete and utter moron, with zero clue of data transmission or storage, or page load times, that put this in, for the love of g**, PLEASE get rid of this useless and wasteful feature ASAP !!
  • Demonichydro
    Demonichydro
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,315
    I like it some diff things buuuuut. I can like comments now :D
    IGN:Xander
    Level: 57

• petkos
    petkos
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 87
    Hey - here's one for a good laugh.  I got to this forum, and clicked "games - battle pirates" at the top .... and was a bit surprised to see the game loading screen (that's the very initial one I think, when a new player first installs BP) show up ..... so I realized I was loading the BP game.   I hastily clicked on "community-forums" at the top, which brought me here.

Here's the funny part - that got me to this forum, with the Battle Pirates theme music continuing to play in the background.   

So, if any of you here would like to spend more time on the forums, but miss that theme music while you are here, there's a way you can arrange it - just follow the steps above  :)
  • WarCommanderOnline
    WarCommanderOnline
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 873
    Dont like it... dont use it! See ya
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    petkos said:
    Hey - here's one for a good laugh.  I got to this forum, and clicked "games - battle pirates" at the top .... and was a bit surprised to see the game loading screen (that's the very initial one I think, when a new player first installs BP) show up ..... so I realized I was loading the BP game.   I hastily clicked on "community-forums" at the top, which brought me here.

Here's the funny part - that got me to this forum, with the Battle Pirates theme music continuing to play in the background.   

So, if any of you here would like to spend more time on the forums, but miss that theme music while you are here, there's a way you can arrange it - just follow the steps above  :)

The game is actually still running, and there's no way to turn it off. You can get back to it because there's a bar at the top that says "Battle Pirates" when it's running.

Only way I've found to turn it off other than close the whole page is to start War Commander, which then replaces Battle Pirates. :p
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Pantera
    Pantera
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 659
    I can't get it to work right... keep getting Gateway timeouts and still cant get the signature right
    Lvl 56 Pantera 
    I can't stand people that don't know the difference between your and you're.... There so stupid o.O 
    Some days I wake up bitchy - but other days I let her sleep. 
    Once went to a psychic and broke her crystal ball... ended up costing me a fortune. 
    Winner: Assault Torp, Assault Torp, Assault Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Drac Destroyer! (and a few more)
  • Pantera
    Pantera
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 659
    It won't let me edit it - Screen just comes up custom signature and no way to change it... want to get rid of the big **** thumbnail 
    Lvl 56 Pantera 
    I can't stand people that don't know the difference between your and you're.... There so stupid o.O 
    Some days I wake up bitchy - but other days I let her sleep. 
    Once went to a psychic and broke her crystal ball... ended up costing me a fortune. 
    Winner: Assault Torp, Assault Torp, Assault Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Siege Torp, Drac Destroyer! (and a few more)
  • one-eye-willy
    one-eye-willy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 142
    Oh look more changes we don't need!!!!!! And just think someone at kixeye is eating cake and ice cream because they think this was a good thing,