Your base planner is useless.

Captainallen
Captainallen
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 152
edited 3 Feb 2013, 8:13PM
I get hit every 24 hours, my launch pad takes 32 hours to repair. I get a 24 hour bubble.
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    so it's your base that's useless then
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Anakin Skywalker
    Anakin Skywalker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 514

you are mistaken.

the base is not useless, the designer is useless
    Anakin Skywalker

For you, the day I rolled into your sector and smashed your bases.. was a memorable day. For me, it was Tuesday.

Battle Pirates Videos!

• SolaarMyth
    SolaarMyth
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,204
    you are mistaken.

Agreed on that. The base is useful for easy resources from what I'm seeing.
    Battle Pirates
    Name: Shenanigans
    Level: 64
    User ID: 292066 
    Alliance:  CLASSIFIED - NEED TO KNOW BASIS ONLY
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794
    Agreed with the prior three posts.

First, I don't plan my designs using Kixeye's developed "Base Planner." I find it extremely lacking in several areas. My designer of choice is base doctor.

Second, do you remember what you did before base planner? MOVED CHIT BY HAND ONE PAINFUL WALL AT A TIME!!

You can still do that. Go design on base doctor. Use their ease checks and balances to test ranges and etc. Then go to you base and start moving by hand. Not all will be moveable due to the LP and the land it is on, but you can move 90%. Then when your bubble is about up, have a friend hit the moved stuff and do 12 hours of bubble. Might have to do it again if not 100% repaired in time.

OR wait until your 24 hour is almost up and buy a 24 hour bubble so that you can use the base doctor. A one day is cheap (like 10 coins or something. Idk, haven't bought one in a long long long time like years ago).
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Relocate. Your base just sucks.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • crickethunter
    crickethunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 190
    just take the allience shield down
  • SolaarMyth
    SolaarMyth
    Incursion Leader
    just take the allience shield down
    If he's getting hit every 24 hours (which implies easy alliance points and/or resources), dropping from an alliance (if he is even in one) won't do him any good. A farm is a farm, with or without a tag.
    Battle Pirates
  • Captainallen
    Captainallen
    Minor Nuisance
    If you are not getting hit every day or so, then you are not irritating enough people. My base will only kill about three dreadx's at the moment. It is ironic that the game rewards people for not playing, but those are the people that are fun to irritate anyway. If you take the player with a 1m player number who is the same level as I am with a 3m player number, the best I can do is irritate him. 40% of my level points were from battle screen issues and I pay a penalty for that.
    As for the alliance deal, I created my own, so I could kill dreads. I could not attract enough attacks with full warehouses.
    I sort of enjoyed having to move things around without the base planner, a lot of people neglected their bases due to that. Kixeye made the game easier for people how don't play once again. It is a funny game philosophy, I don't know if it is by design or mistake.
  • III-NEMESIS-III
    III-NEMESIS-III
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 472
    I dont think it useless.

• Tag32
    Tag32
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    please post a pic of what you want to do with your base..... why cant you work around the launch pad? your issue may be more than the base planner.. you maybe want to start asking for advice on bases.. if your a farm now, are you sure your changes will help that much?

as suggested in another post... change it old school.. or at least protect your launch pad better for a few days....expose OP, warehouses until you can sort it out.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • Tom-Hastings
    Tom-Hastings
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,764
    you are mistaken.

+1.......... lol
    AscensionModeratorUnicorn OverlordJoined Posts: 10,426
    43 minutes ago
    Closing thread as memorials have no place in the game. So therefor neither do complaints about them being hit.

My Info:

In Game Name: -Drodion- Current Level: 59 Alliance: DIDIT

• K1NGxPR1D3
    K1NGxPR1D3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 103
    Well you obviously don't know how to protect your important buildings or make a good base.
  • SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,356
    FKIT wrote: »
    Agreed with the prior three posts.

First, I don't plan my designs using Kixeye's developed "Base Planner." I find it extremely lacking in several areas. My designer of choice is base doctor.

Second, do you remember what you did before base planner? MOVED CHIT BY HAND ONE PAINFUL WALL AT A TIME!!

You can still do that. Go design on base doctor. Use their ease checks and balances to test ranges and etc. Then go to you base and start moving by hand. Not all will be moveable due to the LP and the land it is on, but you can move 90%. Then when your bubble is about up, have a friend hit the moved stuff and do 12 hours of bubble. Might have to do it again if not 100% repaired in time.

OR wait until your 24 hour is almost up and buy a 24 hour bubble so that you can use the base doctor. A one day is cheap (like 10 coins or something. Idk, haven't bought one in a long long long time like years ago).

Would love to see your new base in action, wondering what you have switched to, 5, 6 halos?
    BP Level: 59
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mcconnor8

• H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,219
    Doesn't sound like the base planner is your issue it's the fact that someone is hitting you with such regularity that your base hasn't fully repaired. Your options are to coin your LP repair, relocate away from the person hitting you or as others have mentioned change the base the old fashioned way
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • UltimateLlama
    UltimateLlama
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 277
    Try clearing your cache.
    Proud owner of the Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Goliath, Battleship and Strike Cruiser.
    Doesn't matter, if you're like everyone else, your build queue is so full you'll forget you have them by the time you have a chance to build them
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,928
    I get hit every 24 hours, my launch pad takes 32 hours to repair. I get a 24 hour bubble.

So use a level 4 launch pad.Medium pinches are ok.
    Level:100
    Played Originally in Nov 2011.
  • Captainallen
    Captainallen
    Minor Nuisance
    I have been playing less than a year, I am building my first halo. My base fleets suck, as I focused on cargo and the events. A toilet would fix a lot of issue too. If you have to auto SW in events due to battle screen issues, it changes the game. The simple issue is the rebuild time of the launch pad renders the planner useless if you are attacked with any frequency. Again, I really don't care as you can work around it. Now I have to design a base that kills fleets at only 50%. From what I can tell, they have not destroyed my outpost 100%, so maybe they are not getting their points. I have no way to tell. The battle reports are useless. I think they are timing out, but have no way to tell.

I was sort of amused that all the work for the base planner is useless if you are getting attacked ever day.
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

I was sort of amused that all the work for the base planner is useless if you are getting attacked ever day.

a wrecked base due to a poor design?? not the fault of a computer aid

being a salvage bandit has draw-backs - you level up too quickly
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Patiszerg
    Patiszerg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 695

This is great... ahahahahaha love it... I'm ganna signature it.
    Dee McLean wrote: »
    ...there is no difference, a base cannot get any flatter than flat ;)
  • MAC__ROSLEN
    MAC__ROSLEN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 800

LoL your base is weak XD The base planner is **** useful -.-
    Hulls Won:  

Sea Scorpion A -Hammerhead A & B - Barracuda - Goliath - Spectre - Super Fortress - Battle Barge A - Leviathan A - Hurricane - Triton - Corvette - Destroyer - Light Cruiser - Light Cruiser X - Battle Cruiser - Battle Cruiser X - Battleship - Juggernaut - Strike Cruiser - Interdictor - Dreadnought- thresher-Mercury-Stingray-Missile CruiserX-Battle-CruiserX-Guardian-Juggx.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Usernamejanjacob39?feature=mhee
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    The base planner was one of BP's best updates.
  • K1NGxPR1D3
    K1NGxPR1D3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 103

Can you post your base layout so we can give advice and help you out with your base layout?
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    Look if you do not mind trolls or hard critics then it would help YOU a lot by posting your post. Posting here wont get it hit any more than it is and you may actually learn something.
    Edit: I meant posting your BASE...please do not post your post...that may hurt.
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882
    DIsaacs wrote: »
    I dont think it useless.

Firstly, If he is level 50, his base is good if he is only hit every 24 hours. If your base is REALLY good, you get hit every 12 hours as a level 50.
    If his base was bad he would get hit every 36 hours. I know this because as a level 50 the moment your bubble drops you are hit again.

Secondly, anybody who takes their launchpad to level 5 has to be insane. Mine is staying at level 4. Kixeye made level 5 suicide by the repair time. I prefer a 14 sec pinch I can use to a 20 second pinch I can rarely use.

Thirdly, stop following the crowd like a kixeye sheep. Dont play Kixeyes game, put the wh and ops out ,res is unimportant. Whats important to protect are launchpad, dock, upgrades and research. 50% of the time you will get rimmed by somebody whos eyes light up when they see the op and wh,s , give you a free 12 hour bubble ,and they wont even do 50% damage.
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    beel78 wrote: »
    Look if you do not mind trolls or hard critics then it would help YOU a lot by posting your post. Posting here wont get it hit any more than it is and you may actually learn something.

Seconding Beel's suggestion. You'll get useful feedback that way.
  • SolaarMyth
    SolaarMyth
    Incursion Leader
    Or if you're really lucky, sometimes you get hit two or more times a day before you retrieve a 12 hour bubble. ;)
    Battle Pirates