An end to no hit sectors...

Le Wulf
Le Wulf
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
edited 11 Jul 2013, 6:52AM
I think it is about time we got rid of No Hit sectors.

Where a person screams 'insector' when a pirate hits them be it on mines,salvage or a base. The sector (least those who think the rule it) charges the insector down.
This thread will be where someone calls 'No Hit sector'.

This is not about playing Knights of camelot 'oh hello sir Gwain let us joust together!'
This is about the bs sectors trying to rule.
As a pirate I hit whoever i feel like, mines, bases, salvages - if there was little bo peep I would consider it a good thing to cook and eat her sheep in front of her (besides she is a fascist for stealing there wool).

An example would be :
sector 226
No hit sector, tons of comms complaints, a holier than thou mentality. Sector police all over it. (I trolled them good).

Give as much info as possible, without the he said, she said stuff,
and we will see if something can be done on about this horrid no hit bs as it is breeding generation upon generation of players who actually are brainwashed into thinking not hitting in sector is the actual rules.
I'm a pirate and think its time to take the seas back from the sycophant empire!
I like where your heads at !!!!
- my heads probably up my **** but thanks :)

Current list:
226 - heavily policed by the comms majority. Had much fun.

211 - policed and reported as an easy sector to farm.

240 - Sector policed and is 'nasty' .

400 - policed.

155 - cries hackers, policed, insulting to insector hitters ie that is how they treat there children. (I might holiday there next month.)

439 - says : "listen here 439 says no one will hit in that sector if they live there"

127 - No hit sector and is heavily policed.

188 - cries a lot.

113 - enforced policed sector.

491 - cries, gets assistance from neighbouring sector, deluded mentality.

221 - Enforced no hit sector, pirates threatened with perma bubbles upon reaching lvl 40. Edit at 4th march 2013: quoting Steampunk "Enforced?  It's more of a halfhearted attempt.  If you hit them enough they will give up & just play big boy in comms.  The 'perma bubble' threats are fun though. "

437 reported as and quoted: "is major crybabies when it comes to insector hitting. They will call in 50 different people to hit you. It is so comical. ".
Wulf : 437 visited and fully confirmed : as policed sector / witch hunters, they do seem to have a steady supply of roaming insectors there. - as mentioned by someone else above they do get excitable.

Recent Additions:
418 : a very policed sector.

374 : sector policed - unable to contain under lvl 40's

493: s policed sector that likes to use caps

259 : added

392: added

486 : added they send tickets in for hitting in sector

431 : lots of whining

--------------
Sector changes.
*140 - Enforced no hit, lots of complaining, edited: Has gotten better will wait until further intel comes through before putting this sector once more on the list.

*221 - has now got bit of a reputation of being a free for all and terrible for those who do not like hitting insector - any further confirmations/denials.

The Good Sectors:
For sectors where you can be a pirate :

192 : No whining rule.

3     : One rule no crying.

NOTE to DEBATE USE THIS THREAD :
http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=309465
  • Lucy B Good
    Lucy B Good
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 390
    Thats what he said :rolleyes:
    You have the right to remain silent, so please SHUT UP!
    Battle Pirates war room sector 1-500
  • The-Almighty-Solo
    The-Almighty-Solo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 390
    I like where your heads at :D !!!!
    THE-ALMIGHTY-SOLO
    LEVEL 84
    DFB-12 Alliance
    Sectors Visited - 33(born) 32 ,212, 68, 69, 363, 218, 177, 295 ,229, 190, 179, 418,  89,  319,  426,  313, 41, 364, 409, 31, 440, 386, 275, 260, 304, 189, 231, 301, 13, 312, 443, 97, 107, 41, 133, 293, 441, 26, 416, 335, 233, 81, 206, 373, 81, 30, 265, 477

www.youtube.com/djsolo001
  • XERXES2234
    XERXES2234
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 825
    I dont know about any of you but before there was relocate i never had heard of a no hit insector place, was like what is this ****??? when i moved out my home sec back a long long time ago.

Xerxes lvl 61 , User ID: 1299299 started in 2011 July

Former BlackBird-FG or BloodyBird. 

Home sector 192-No rules.

YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackBirdd192?feature=guide

• onmyway
    onmyway
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 372
    i hit in all secter but my home secter only cos i got mates ther..
    but thers to side,s to it,,so get rid of it so what your saying
    is every one should play the game the way you wont it>>
    like them who say dont hit in secter and telling peeps what to do
    your saying that we have to not hit insecter and play your way.
    so your just as bad as the guys who try tell peeps how to play,
    i think i will say f,,,k your way and thers and play how i wont to.
    if i wont to hit in secter i will if i dont wont to i wont but
    at the end of it that me makeing up my own mind.so you
    should do the same as the secter cops and stop telling peeps how to play the game
    and let them play THER OWN WAY..
    as i said i hit in secter and some times i dont but i will never try to
    tell someboddy that they cant hit or they have to hit in secter,
    ps.thats what i think any way lol.
    Wulf wrote: »
    I think it is about time we got rid of No Hit sectors.

Where a person screams 'insector' when a pirate hits them be it on mines,salvage or a base. The sector (least those who think the rule it) charges the insector down.
    This thread will be where someone calls 'No Hit sector'.

This is not about playing Knights of camelot 'oh hello sir Gwain let us joust together!'
    This is about the bs sectors trying to rule.
    As a pirate I hit whoever i feel like, mines, bases, salvages - if there was little bo peep I would consider it a good thing to cook and eat her sheep in front of her (besides she is a fascist for stealing there wool).

An example would be :
    sector 226
    No hit sector, tons of comms complaints, a holier than thou mentality. Sector police all over it. (I trolled them good).

Give as much info as possible, without the he said, she said stuff,
    and we will see if something can be done on about this horrid no hit bs as it is breeding generation upon generation of players who actually are brainwashed into thinking not hitting in sector is the actual rules.
    I'm a pirate and think its time to take the seas back from the sycophant empire!
  • Battle Angel
    Battle Angel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 40
    Yes unfortunately thats what the baby pirates are told when they start, so they don't know any different.

I was lucky in that I expected this to be a PvP game when I signed up, and happened to meet a couple in great in sector hitters (Mr Draconian and CaptainCommando) who taught me the way of the force plus a few base tips... :)

It's great fun to have half the sector trying to jump you and chasing you around, it makes for entertaining play - rather than hitting salvages.

in my current sector, I am getting into a few lvl40 bases, and I'm a lvl35 :):)

I have only a few more bases to hit, then I would have farmed 100 bases! I get hit everyday but I have never had my base broken yet (see sig) :)

need to make the 100 before I get to lvl36 - where I will live in a perma-bubble apparently :D
    IGN: SeaDragon
    Level: 37
    Current Sector: 206
    Kill Count (Bases): 119 *Wohoo!!* Death Count (Base): 0 Memorials sunk: 1
    freparkng wrote: »
    ...Making friends everywhere ...this game is about networking and being polite. It goes a long way...
  • Stormraven
    Stormraven
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 65
    ok, first of all we all need to remember its a game, that said lets us ask why this no insector hitting "rule" phenomenon exists... dock repair time (lvl10) 4h, really? please remember that its the place were you launch fleets/repair etc, so if a player gets hitt, most times that means coin repair or log off and do whatever, thus forcing people to pay to play...
    Any upgrading buildings get their timers pushed back, in some wierd cases to the point that it surpasses the initial timer for said upgrade...
    Any research being done in a building that gets destroyed or damaged, stops till you repair said building...

One could actually make a very large list and debate the finer points of game play for ages, but for me the simple anwser is: in a GAME were everything takes days/weeks to do, can you actualy blame someone for wanting to be ablle to finish a ship in the original 15 days instead of 17 or more?

Docks should be instant repair, no more no less...
    Upgrades/research/builds, should be slowed gradually depending on damage of building.
    Ship repair times are an absolute joke.

The fun in this game is suposed to come from battling other people, as long as things remain as they are, people will resort to buddy bublling, no insecting, etc, etc, in order to actually be ablle to play the damm game, but by then most of them have become salvage pirates and eventualy quit playing.

Personaly i dont care about being hitt, it actually can be fun if you dont take the game too seriously, but!! and this is a big but, we are talking of a game were things can take months to get done, i mean seriously? months?

Kixeye in all its money making wisdom has forgoten the reason why a game exists...

Just my opinion anyway...
  • Quinten Burrell
    Quinten Burrell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 210
    There are no rules for insector hitting. People are going to do it whether the sector likes it or not so why complain?

Just for **** and giggles, can someone tell me the difference between a sector that works together, defends each other and get along well and an alliance that get along well, moves around sector to sector, working together and defending each other?
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    1. Do a threadsearch. done to death topic. Just because your upset doesn't permit new thread to be created. In other words this thread is a violation of the TOS of the forums.

Have a nice day and see if it gets deleted or the mods ignore it since it's whiney
  • shadowferret
    shadowferret
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 671
    arghhhhhhhhhhh! :spurtz::spurtz:
    shadowferret [TDM]

• alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    The_Jerk wrote: »
    1. Do a threadsearch. done to death topic. Just because your upset doesn't permit new thread to be created. In other words this thread is a violation of the TOS of the forums.

Have a nice day and see if it gets deleted or the mods ignore it since it's whiney

hmm the purple doesnt seem to be showing on your name, why not?
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • SHEEPSHAGGA
    SHEEPSHAGGA
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    As the main Sheep I say level them all until they quit or fight back. LOL Good post but there will always be farmers and sec cops so we have to deal with them as we see fit.
    SHEEPSHAGGA_ESD
    SHEEPSHAGGA_ESD
  • SolaarMyth
    SolaarMyth
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,204
    Oh look, level 44 bubble boy tries to sound big on the forums. Go hide back under your bridge, Wulf.
    Battle Pirates
    Name: Shenanigans
    Level: 64
    User ID: 292066 
    Alliance:  CLASSIFIED - NEED TO KNOW BASIS ONLY
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Okies first off not telling people how to play or how to hit in sector etc.
    This is not a debate on rights and wrongs of sector police and insector hitters.

to the person above - I often state on the war room i am in fact not a strong player i just do what i do and i get farmed for it - thats nothing new to me thats been hapening since day one of battle pirates if you dont get farmed by someone it means you havnt annoyed the enemy enough - or your a half decent player ;)

The intention is to try and bring a balance back and bit of perspective.
    This is a topic about where a sector is getting policed heavily and needs to be straightened out.
    Will edit first post for the sectors mentioned in about 20 mins.
    I know I am not always clear when giving an idea/suggestion so always happy to iron out wrinkles etc for misunderstandings/bad ideas.
  • drphil_NBK
    drphil_NBK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 145
    ill put it this way, as it was once told to me...

i might lvl 5 or 6 bases but only one gets to lvl me at the end of the day i still win

plus who doesn't love a bit of police trolling in comms why they sit there and cry over it
  • SavAHoe
    SavAHoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 592
    DJSolo001 wrote: »
    I like where your heads at :D !!!!

Arnt you the one, that was crying about me hitting 229?

Oh, add 240 to the list.. They get NASTY when ya hit insector there.
  • Homeskool
    Homeskool
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 122
    Sector police make it fun :D
  • doctorsyn
    doctorsyn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 109
    I read your post, whats wrong if people in their sectors want a rule of no insector hitters. As you mentioned on the bottom of your page sectors are policed, what you need to understand that some people playing this game do so not just for the battles but to be social and make friends. You cannot have it all your own way and like the rest of us go with the flow, personally i think you may have issues with yourself for posting a cry. You carry on and play the way you want but dont complain about the way others want to play this game.
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882
    hmmm, wasn't aware there was a rule that the individuals in the sectors couldn't say they don't want in-sector hitting. thanks for pointing that out. and gee, if there were only more whining posts from people who prefer to hit in-sector. i don't really care one way or the other but I see more whines from in-sector hitters than those who don't do it. quit playing the holier than thou crap and just play. you don't like that people will hit you back? either keep playing there or move. don't want to move? fine? but don't gripe when they play their way.

Nicely put , there is two types of insec, the good type who hit insect cuz they like being pirates, and the nasty type ( who posted ) who just likes getting up peoples noses, the second type is not welcome in the game.
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,638
    I agree, if you want to hit in sector do it, if you like the policing then fine. Fact of the matter it's about playing the game they way 'you' want to. People may whine and **** but it's like that in any game. Some people might not care like myself
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    getting off topic.

Policed sectors needing there number.
    Why it is here ie ott policed or just farmville with lots of cryers.

Should be simple enough.
    If you want to debate hit in sector and not hitting in sector and your views of those go make another thread.
  • spastic badger
    spastic badger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 233
    Being from a no hit sector I see peeps coming in and causing trouble which is fine as far as attacking bases is concerned its part of the game and normally they're the ones who send pms and offer advice on better design which I think will help in the long term. Then you get the muppets who come in and talk crap on comms winding everyone up normally while in their bubble and then go around taking out people who are collecting sal or jumping on them when they come out of sal battles and normally much lower levels. These are the people we make hell for its all about having a nice balance
    A Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of  sheeple.
    legend of mir survivor 
    All it takes for evil to flurish is for good men to do nothing!
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    the attack button is gone. so sector police is dead. there still is a bunch of fools trying to enforce it.

come to 67 with me they just chase you around and wait for one guy to get on so he can hit you lol
  • Zam
    Zam
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    I don't know about any of you, but when I was a wee lad, we all played cops and robbers. As early as then we were choosing sides. It seems to me this game is the same...no?

Both arguments for which is best are compelling. Peace in a video game is boring, so both parties are needed and welcomed.

The thing that troubles me is that some in-sector hitters come into a sector and **** all over it and then wonder why the sector gets the posse going. Seems to me you ought to expect that could/would/should happen and frankly should embrace it if you truly are pirates, right?

At the end of the day, for me I don't mind getting flattened, as it is all part of the game. There is always a bigger dog in the next yard, so I don't mind acknowledging when I get whooped. The nastiness that often ensues is where people have it wrong imho.
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    stop ****ing crying you big ****ing cry babys let them play howw they want im tired of this whinning if you dont want to listen to them then ****ing ignore them just hit who you want me? i dont care anymore i hit out of sector unless im hit then i attack back you like hitting insector so stop crying about those that play how they want
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    DazzXP wrote: »
    I agree, if you want to hit in sector do it, if you like the policing then fine. Fact of the matter it's about playing the game they way 'you' want to. People may whine and **** but it's like that in any game. Some people might not care like myself

This. Everyone is free to have their own criteria for deciding who to hit. Some will choose to never hit anyone, some will choose to only hit out of sector, some will choose to only hit other people who attack in-sector and some will choose to hit whoever they want. All of those strategies are correct and perfectly legitimate.

It is a well-known fact that those who engage in combat more often will tend to have stronger bases and better piloting skills than those who don't. It doesn't matter where you get that combat experience just as long as you get it. So pick your targets however you want and have at it. And as always, be sure to trash talk your opponents. There's no fun in winning if you can't enjoy the cries of the losers.
    Out of retirement
  • Cutler
    Cutler
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 756
    what a surprise another thread of someone whining just because some people play the game differently. who are you to tell people how to play? if people want a no hit sector then so be it, and if you dont like it then go ahead and hit in sector but dont come on the forums an whine about the same thing a dozen other players have whined about just because you dont like that style of play.
    BP Name - Cutler
    Alliance - SF1