The Base Planner

• Flippy617
    Flippy617
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 108
    I would like this but do not put slots for different instant design changes... what if i was attacking a base, then i kill about 20% of his front lines and retreated, or i prepped it with scorpions, then next battle i see he changed his base by loading the other base design, this might just be a B. So planner is the best!!! o.-, but no save slots for like more base designs for instant changes!!! Thats all i want to say thank you.
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812
    spent about 5 hours messing around with it yesterday and still not happy with it so base designer nice anytime
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • wpointm
    wpointm
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    Flippy617 wrote: »
    I would like this but do not put slots for different instant design changes... what if i was attacking a base, then i kill about 20% of his front lines and retreated, or i prepped it with scorpions, then next battle i see he changed his base by loading the other base design, this might just be a B. So planner is the best!!! o.-, but no save slots for like more base designs for instant changes!!! Thats all i want to say thank you.

That is simple. Just make it so you can only instant change the base when no buildings are damaged. If buildings are damaged there can be no change until they are repaired. This will allow you to prep a base then hit it without it changing unless they coin repairs.
  • Terry Udell
    Terry Udell
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    ok people have been giving their ideas for a long time now so when is this base planner going to come into place. There is alot of people waiting for it. not everyone is going to like some parts but as a whole it will be a asset
  • D_Bag
    D_Bag
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1
    I think a good idea for the base planner, or even base designing in general, would be to get rid of the border limits. Although I'm sure it's fair and effective to have these borders, I've came across a few instanced where if i was given even a little more space for land placement, my base would be totally different. This might dramatically change the way people do base layouts. And would bring forth total freedom in base designing.
  • theCol
    theCol
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    One thing I would like to see is being able to rotate the map when you building walls placement of land ect...
  • StormFire
    StormFire
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 13
    here is a idea 1 give us op6 and also better weapons for base also have it where we can pick a good base design for are base and what ever we pick have it build it for us better turrets meaning and add a 2 shipyard in base to build more fleet having the idea of being able to have those features will help to make more helpful for all
  • Barabbas
    Barabbas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 841
    Many of us want to change our bases, but as it takes 5 or 6 hours for a major design change this is obviously ridiculous....especially if you have changed it 5 or 6 times already.... so many cannot be bothered, me included.
    When i first saw this thread i was very hopeful that this was the answer to our prayers, but as it is now over 3 months old i see it as another idea on the Kixeye 'to do' list which is a real shame.

We all need this, but i am skeptical that it will ever happen.
    Barabbas 
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    i think for number of base layouts we can save i would need at least 3. 1 blitz defence, 1 mortar defence, 1 missile defence. i would prefer upto 5 though so we can have different variations but i think 3 has to be the minimum.

i cannot think of any reason why we would need a left or right orientation however i think the option to rotate the base 90 degrees would be good so we can move the side our entrance is on .

Question?

as it seems you are giving the option to save our base designs and then implement them instantly, is there going to be some preventative measure in place so that if i see say a dread fleet coming towards my base and i am currently set up for blitz defence will i be unable to change my base until after they have disengaged battle? i mean if they haven't actually got to my base yet but have just clicked attack on my base and are making their way across the map.

• brownsfan019
    brownsfan019
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 304
    Barabbas wrote: »
    Many of us want to change our bases, but as it takes 5 or 6 hours for a major design change this is obviously ridiculous....especially if you have changed it 5 or 6 times already.... so many cannot be bothered, me included.
    When i first saw this thread i was very hopeful that this was the answer to our prayers, but as it is now over 3 months old i see it as another idea on the Kixeye 'to do' list which is a real shame.

We all need this, but i am skeptical that it will ever happen.

Agreed on both points. When will this roll out KE?
  • Levi_G
    Levi_G
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 45
    When can we expect to see this?
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    Levi_G wrote: »
    When can we expect to see this?

i also agree they have said this was coming out 2 months ago.
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • Carl B
    Carl B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 394
    This is taking far too long. Can we please get some idea of the timing for this or is it off the table?
  • TF141 SAS NORTON
    TF141 SAS NORTON
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 11
    Come on Kixeye give us all an answer to this , at least give us some kind of date the planner will be released..We demand an answer !!!!!
    :mad:
  • The Creepo
    The Creepo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 140
    why don't you try http://battleparrot.bugs3.com/baseDoctor2/baseDoctor2.html it is a base planner that lets you see the ranges of the turrets if you change it to the right one and it allows you to set the cursor range to 96 which is that of a missle with SFB3! Just saying, and with the new wall auto-detect base changes took me an hour max!
  • Pan Blackoak
    Pan Blackoak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    mines and depth charges. would be nice. mines 5 or 10 in a bunch ,200 or 300 damage per.
    depth charges dont have to much damage just force sub above water so ships can sunk them just some ideas
    pan
  • KernowWarrior
    KernowWarrior
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12
    Rotate.

Would be good feature to be able to just rotate existing base design. So North becomes west etc.

Not only would we be able to change the location of the entrance with a click, but would be able to view the base from different angles while designing.
  • Smokey1776
    Smokey1776
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 38
    Saw this announcement and stopped worrying about changing my base again. The wait time now is bordering on ridiculous. If some particular request is hurting development, ignore it. Get us a beta and let us tweak from there as a group. Practical employment never matches theory, or a plan never survives first contact, however you want to look at it.
  • AVENGER_IMMORTALS
    AVENGER_IMMORTALS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 50
    I reckon you should have a seperate link next to the "Play" at the top which says, Play Base Design, so its a copy of your base with extra features in base designing such as what is all the top and instead of moving one wall at a time, you can create a long wall, click once to start the wall, move your mouse where you want it to end and click. It will create it for you. If you are not happy the design, you can click reset and start over or select the base design.

Also you should be able to reset the whole base so you have nothing down, like sort of deleting all your buildings but you keep what you have researched and you can start from scratch which is so much easier than editing a base design with all the building there, having to move them all the time.

I don't have trouble myself cause I am a little bit older, but younger people like my brother who is 14 is have trouble and always asks me for help. So there is probably alot of kids out there without someone to help them.

This is a great idea by the way!
    >>>BP<<<
    Avenger: lvl 54
    Alliance: IMMORTALS 
    Sector: 263
    User ID: 4056631

>>>VC<<<
    DEATHLEADER: lvl 23
    Planet: 104
    Secter: 100
    User ID: 17256
  • Strance Devos
    Strance Devos
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 10
    I think as mentioned by most everyone is the walls placement.. but what if there is a secondary button for walls and turrets to set distances. You could have one set ship with a weapon it could hold such as a Battlecruiser just in the editor mode, that can be placed anywhere in your base editor to test range. For the walls they have a 5x5 Wall placement on 1 land tile, maybe you could set a from here to here option as if I click 1 spot for a wall and then another spot in a straight line from the first spot to fill all in between those 2 points? It might make it a little time consuming still but still quicker.
  • Cpt RumRunner
    Cpt RumRunner
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    where i can find the base design planner. I would like to make major changes to my base to make attacks easier to defend
  • haybai
    haybai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 259
    where i can find the base design planner. I would like to make major changes to my base to make attacks easier to defend

It is currently not implemented into the game it is just an idea in the process of being coded or designed.
    BaileyKILLEDuLOL-TW
    Home Sector:100
    Current Sector:14
    Been to Sectors:335,55,100,200,108,99,115,1,169,85,496,444,98,445,493,14
    Current Level:51
  • someonehere
    someonehere
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,276
    hear alliance feature is coming but would rather see this function first...
    I Enjoy meeting New People !!

• JohnMouse
    JohnMouse
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5
    I notice that kixeye is allowing us to place land tiles in horizontal or vertical lines, but they will not allow them to link with each other or link off already made diagonal build tiles...

I know we don't want to allow people to make impenetrable bases, but i think allowing linking of those horizontal/vertical/diagonal land tiles would help in base designs...
  • jmorrison
    jmorrison
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 14
    I would really like to see the base planner idea happen. The current base design process is very tedious, and actually detracts from the game.
  • ZenDragon
    ZenDragon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 21
    Q: Aside from the issues already addressed above (building/tile placement & walls), what do you find is currently the most cumbersome aspect of base design?
    A: Finding placement for my current buildings so I can rearrange the land tiles

Q: Realistically, how many different, saved base layouts would you actually use?
    A: Six would be the most, but four would be acceptable.

Q: The default setting for the Base Planner is to always center your base (like centering your text in a Word document). Would you have any need for the Base Planner to allow you to left or right (north/south) justify your base?
    A: I would enjoy the option to select how it is centered but this would not be a high priority for me.

Q: If you were to request one additional feature for the Base Planner, what would it be?
    A: Some auto harvest or production queue ability ;), but perhaps this is not relevant to the discussion at hand.
  • Dustin Nofziger
    Dustin Nofziger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 23
    Multiple saved configurations would be nice. One thing I would like to see added here is a share feature where you could share your base design to friends or even when the alliance system is introduced having a central alliance storage for shared designs. Oh and please keep coin out of this feature
  • Hawaii12
    Hawaii12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 194
    I really like the idea of being able to design and build with a click. It's a pain moving stuff around with no protection and you get hit. That pretty much ruins your day. Allow ALL items on the base to be moved even when under repair. If you get hit during a remodeling job, you have to wait until some items are repaired to move them - that could be a long wait.
  • LORDCLAW 1982
    LORDCLAW 1982
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 331
    Well i for one like the whole idea hope they put it into affect soon thanks kixeye
    LVL 68  PART OF THE BTTB ALLIANCE WINNER OF ALL HULLS TO DATE IM A BAD PIRATE :)
  • The Creepo
    The Creepo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 140
    Having multiple base design saved and being able to switch between them is retarded and will kill the base hitting aspect of the game, and here is why...

So I bring a prep flt and take out some of the turrets and guarding flt and then back out bring in my baser. (the base I am hitting player sees this) He then switches the entrance to a different location and I then either 1 waste time going around to that side or back out. If I back out all the player has to do is change it again to a different design and thus begins the cat and mouse game! Mean while his buddies come to back him up and one of them locks on my baser once I back out and takes it out, so now I have wasted a trip and have to either coin my repair (Which Kixeye would love) or wait the 4+ hours, and have to hope I have a 2nd baser standing by!

Just my opinion!
This discussion has been closed.