You think we're getting anti-missile weapons for ship?

Raptor1027
Raptor1027
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 720
edited 19 Oct 2012, 10:35AM
this is why thats not going to happen. i adjusted my base fleet a bit to negate the halo missiles.

Ultimate Shipyard link

• Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    no we will never get anything like flaks for ships only because it would upset the suppose "game balance"

• Occams Razor
    Occams Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,228
    yah, the "game Balance" is the golden rule, Balance the game so they get all the gold, thats the rule
    CM Magic Sarap:

Lying isn't exactly a bannable offense
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    no we will never get anything like flaks for ships only because it would upset the suppose "game balance"

Not sure that i agree. They have been "in the game" for 8-10 months, just not released. This Halo Missile will need a counter, and the flak for ships makes perfect sense. Plus, this whole thing fits Kixeyes theme.... Give u a new toy...let people coin it...then introduce the counter to make it useless again so that people will coin it too....make sense. I am betting the flaks will come in the next event or two.
    Level 77
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    tarheel23 wrote: »
    Not sure that i agree. They have been "in the game" for 8-10 months, just not released. This Halo Missile will need a counter, and the flak for ships makes perfect sense. Plus, this whole thing fits Kixeyes theme.... Give u a new toy...let people coin it...then introduce the counter to make it useless again so that people will coin it too....make sense. I am betting the flaks will come in the next event or two.

RA3 and drac armor that gives you missile protection is already the counter to the halo missile

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    lol, poor fleet

why use HH?

and hails only help you in older style bases. No good vs HALO
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    lol, poor fleet

why use HH?

and hails only help you in older style bases. No good vs HALO

and what ship would you use for a base fleet?

• Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    ship based flak = missiles totally useless

if they ever were released to everyone then a rapid reloader would be needed for missiles to keep them balanced..
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • BlackSabbath
    BlackSabbath
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 346
    and what ship would you use for a base fleet?

Strike cruiser....HH a..HH b....D-x....anything but HH :P
    I love Rock n Roll....it satisfies My Soul.....and if that`s all there is.......It aint So Bad !!!.....Rock n Roll...
  • DarkKnight
    DarkKnight
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 663
    Jim Waters wrote: »
    yah, the "game Balance" is the golden rule, Balance the game so they get all the gold, thats the rule

Stealing this.....
    Shiba wrote: »
    We ask for help with ship build times, what do you give us.. ANOTHER FRIGGIN SHIP to build..
    THIS is the bullshit you people have been cooking up while your core gameplay gets staler than a mummies ****.
    Jim Waters wrote: »
  • nayunj77
    nayunj77
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 202
    ship based flak will never happen because missile with booster range on drak ships is the only guarantee that a player will get at least a small dmg when attacking a drak fleet.
    If this comes out, people would be able to take on salvs with auto control. At least with subs people have to give an effort for free res.
  • Raidin
    Raidin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 142
    nayunj77 wrote: »
    ship based flak will never happen because missile with booster range on drak ships is the only guarantee that a player will get at least a small dmg when attacking a drak fleet.
    If this comes out, people would be able to take on salvs with auto control. At least with subs people have to give an effort for free res.

This already happens.
    54 | Sector 21 | Life is hard, but it's even harder when you're stupid.
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    RA3 and drac armor that gives you missile protection is already the counter to the halo missile

True,.. But we also have Ablative Armor, Drac Armor and Hail/Hell Storms as well. So I dont see there being any difference.
    Level 77
  • wpointm
    wpointm
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    Here is what I would expect first. Some people will get halo and use it. Eventually to "balance" the game they will have to do one of two things... give the halo to everyone to research and build or give flack on ships. Chances are they will give the halo first. putting flack on ships takes out too many game weapons. All those missiles would now be worthless. Yes giving the halo would piss some people off but they will get over it. That is why I won't get halo even if hubs come back and I get the points.
  • D D
    D D
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 785
    tarheel23 wrote: »
    True,.. But we also have Ablative Armor, Drac Armor and Hail/Hell Storms as well. So I dont see there being any difference.

also those new halos do penetrative damage as well as explosive so you need a mix of both

open a sal for someone it will feed his wh for an hr teach him to open his own and he will feed his wh for life 
  • wpointm
    wpointm
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    Bpda macca wrote: »
    also those new halos do penetrative damage as well as explosive so you need a mix of both

Hence the Compound armor for ships......
  • Raptor1027
    Raptor1027
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 720
    Strike cruiser....HH a..HH b....D-x....anything but HH :P

some of us dont have those ships...

• CurlyPubes
    CurlyPubes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 823
    Pogo1027 wrote: »

So clearly kixeye should just give them to you :crying:
    SOS? Sorry, my magic fleet that sucks attackers out of bases and fixes your buildings is repairing.  
  • BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    this is why thats not going to happen. i adjusted my base fleet a bit to negate the halo missiles.

Ultimate Shipyard link

... that build showed all HH if so don't build it, i did something similar and it's a terrible base fleet now that hailstorms were nerfed
    Sink or Swim
  • BlackSabbath
    BlackSabbath
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 346

Why not ? I have !
    I love Rock n Roll....it satisfies My Soul.....and if that`s all there is.......It aint So Bad !!!.....Rock n Roll...