UPDATE: Cargo Fleet Balance

• Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    mattcav wrote: »
    I like the update. It makes salvages interesting again. Keep up the good work Paul and don't give into all the cry babies who want an easy button.

Have Fun Hitting dead and EMPTY bases since it's the "salvage Pirates" that feed you
  • tim-v
    tim-v
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3
    tim_v user id 5549161
  • mabawsa
    mabawsa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 359
    So you added more long range weapons to the salvs. Superb if you you think this will keep your player base's tails wagging.
  • Carlos_M
    Carlos_M
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 130
    im not playing at some hours and im getting tired of forums too, so, one last thing....
    the gamers whit drac ships (high lvl and CC gamers) already started taking the lower salvs becuz they can do it whithout damage like before, already see this happening, now i ask...whit this new system what remains to the other players? in mine opinion nothing, this game (one awesome game untill now) are dead soon, the lower lvl gamers and lots of the middle ones are dead, and whithout hims...
  • Loon-a-Sea
    Loon-a-Sea
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 159
    OK, so im a LVL 56 now... I hit a lvl 55 salv and took 0 damage, however it was more challenging due to the sfb3, sonar and laser tech implemented, actually noce to have to pay attention for once, If you want to play a game that you can fall asleep playing perhaps (insert cliche game title response here) would be best suited for you. watching at the old lvl players ant lvl 25 murdering lvl 33 salvs and taking 0 damage kinda erked me. I worked a lot to get siege and the other tier 3 stuff and I believe this shouldnt be handed out to the lowbies for nothing. As far as coining goes, sure those who use gold have an advantage however with that advantage they might have weaker fleets because they dont care as much about repair times, this is in fact a great way to beat them in fleet builds by overcoming these obstacles. Have fun trolling my post ;)
    LVL 68 Loon-a-Sea [UCON] FTW
  • Christian Julius Ortaliz
    Christian Julius Ortaliz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 9
    "its about the game, not about the money" lolololol
  • cyclonic
    cyclonic
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    Whats happening when the game loads slowly and won't allow me to do anything. If I try it gives the SOS and a message saying that I'm playing at two locations. It advises me to close the game down and restart it. When I do, I get the same old ****? Whay's it all about?
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    I really have to laugh at the incredible stupidity of the rants in here.

do you morons realize that you are simultaneously saying that:

1. The change is a cash grab
    2. Many players will quit and stop coining

Which one is it? lol

I've had zero coins in my account for the past few days, didn't put any more in today. Managed the new salvs just fine! Actually, I played ALL DAY LONG today cause it was fun figuring out the new salvs and developing a strategy, starting with the lowest i could find and working my way up methodically.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • CRIMSON_TIDE
    CRIMSON_TIDE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 237
    Paul, since your taking the time to look at all these posts. Why don't you take a look at the sectors ? NO ONE is playing. Only talking on comms if but only a few. How many bases are being hit right now? How many salvages are being hit right now ? I'm looking at 489, 490, 491 and it a ghost town ......
    CRIMSON_TIDE  
    BP ID: 1742174 Level 72
    Past Sectors: 46, 56, 131, 206, 257, 368, 381, 391*, 373,  392, 397, 432, 463, 490
    Ships won: More than I can ever build..... 
    ROLL_TIDE !!!

• Boxerjay
    Boxerjay
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 5
    Why the hell would the players not expect free easy resources ?????? We play the game and deal with ridiculous repair and build times and now not only do you make all these changes but you take away our only salvation for resources and make it so that we start to take damage when collecting resources and trying to repair our broken fleets so in the end we will have to also repair our salvage fleet too !!!!! This is obvious signs of greed and ignorance to the players of this game !!!!!

Maybe you should focus on fixing existing problems in the game instead of doing all these un necessary so called improvements and throwing raids at us every freaking month we cant hardly build a single ship in a month and we get all these new raids all the time with continuing issues not only in raids but in every day gaming !!!! Your focus and energy is not on the things that need to be repaired it is as always on the way to screw the players out of their hard earned money and force us to coin and spend even more !!!! I honestly hope that you see a serious drop in players for this latest screw up !!!!!
  • Strike Eagle
    Strike Eagle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 15
    LOL hes not a 10 yr old but he is a huge coiner! its turned into a coiner game all the way now!
  • tim-v
    tim-v
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3
    and no i have fleet out getting salv and cannot get back to take care of them.
  • Ron Briones
    Ron Briones
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 191
    "its about the game, not about the money" lolololol

I read what Paul posted and I felt sick. They're NOT going to level things. These updates are geared to try to get people to coin. Coins are where to go. I think they got the idea from "Repo Men".
    Indeed! We didn't vote on the Tac Lab or the new event config or when we added unlimited attack ranges.
    calling people noobs is gaming language...you can't expect mods to close it because of this.
    And also: I am sure that many current player will quit but that new ones will come
    #3 Interview w/ Brandon Barber, Kixeye SVP of Marketing: http://www.businessinsider.com/this-facebook-developer-raised-more-than-19-million-and-is-already-profitable-without-touching-it-2012-1
  • we3jeepers
    we3jeepers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 442
    Players are adapting. We can see it in our logs.

yeah I adapted.... I'm hitting miners. Hopefully low level ones that will quit playing because there fleets are dead all the time

• Cougar_Bait
    Cougar_Bait
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 203
    Thank you Kixeye you have returned the fun to my game
  • JoKe
    JoKe
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,147
    Look I think this is F-in hilarious look Paul, and company. The point of business is to provide product with value when corporations or companies make errors and lose hard on capital, shares in the market, revenue, ect. They ask why is this happening yet in this day in age something is missing somehow we have all transfer'd into bazarro World where they have not the brains to understand errors that were made. Example Netflix they were nearing 40 million customer base now after 1 year they are getting ready to celebrate a milestone of having been able to reach 5 million customer base again...WoWZa If that is not insane!

So I come to you and say why are u guys scratching your heads, is it not obvious why people are upset with you and your company? Time is the answer, u cannot have 1 meta and have people playing towards those goals with extremely long build times then swap it around and say now we made it so what you are building will not work. What your company has effectively done is say we are changing our game because we want to and think this will be better for the future, (Sounds Visionary, and was probably said in a staff meeting) However, what u said to your fan-base..ie customers is your time means nothing to us, and I caught in one of your posts Paul that you said "you will learn" maybe not exact quote but the tone was pointing to the saying "Deal with It"

Funny I think I remember the CEO of Netflix saying something to the effect. Anyway I digress, what you guys need to do and you should pay me for this advice is not change meta for everyone that is dumb, and if you do not listen to your customers you're INSANE, what you guys can do is add a new meta a transformation into bigger and better things! The bigger u get the more allowed to you a privilege system if you will, you know keep the big guys happy while enticing the smaller guys to want to play more and get bigger so they can partake. I would change the 33 salvs and equivalent back to exact then I would overlap a new more complex and much harder level of salves and offer new BP's with them and get people excited not pissed.

P.S. I hate giving free advice to people who act as fired Walmart greeters who do not know the meaning of hi, and somehow got hired with another company just to **** that up too. I get paid for pulling corporations heads out of there **** and sometimes they do not listen. I can say this for the few who did not listen they are in Bankruptcy or have already fallen. Take that advice it is wonderful and maybe throw a brother a bone!

FIRST RULE OF KIXEYE: "U DO NOT TALK ABOUT KIXEYE"
    I go Poopy...Yeah, It was good!!
  • John Elom
    John Elom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4
    I don't see much change. :(
    Still out-ranged, ripped up-close, and hitting subs they are submerged.
    At this rate it will take forever to build better ships to deal with the salvage changes.
    Will check back l8r to see if the game is actually worth playing again and won't pay for anything else until then.
    SCP Red-Beard
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Paul, since your taking the time to look at all these posts. Why don't you take a look at the sectors ? NO ONE is playing. Only talking on comms if but only a few. How many bases are being hit right now? How many salvages are being hit right now ? I'm looking at 489, 490, 491 and it a ghost town ......

it would be statistically insignificant to look at a few hours data. And a silly way to formulate strategy. Once the shell shock wears off and they get a good couple of weeks to see how its going, then you have enough data to make an informed decision.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    A master clock maker sees all the gears and interconnections of a precision device. The end user sees the clock face, and assumes they know everything there is to know about keeping time.

Don't pretend you are clockmakers, you can't see the gears, and many of you don't seem to have the intelligence to guess at them either.

Well That's not ENTIRELY the fault of the players as getting INFORMATION from KIXEYE sometimes feels like talking to a brick wall.
  • BLaCKoNi666
    BLaCKoNi666
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,059
    Captain Crapalot. You nailed it on the head point by **** point. There is no reason for these changes but MONEY. If they don't fix this disaster they are going to loose a lot of that precious MONEY !!

Actually would like the admin to deny this, because up till they haven't denied that the change to the salvage system was made with boosting coining in mind or i haven't actually seen them deny it more like side stepping it, though i dont expect a reply on this :)
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    Dude! Step back and read your comments! You sound like a 10 year old!

Can we stop with all the personal attacks? It just leads to deleted posts and closed threads.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Joseph Blake
    Joseph Blake
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 546
    'Forcing' repairs is the basis of the entire game. If you can attack for free then you can attack forever. No reason to upgrade the ships, no reason to get better tech. No reason to gain better skills. You already have 'won' the game. That is bad for the game in the long term. If we had launched with the cargo fleets as they are now, no one would be complaining. They are not too difficult or too easy.

The point you are missing Paul is that we have worked hard already to learn and build our fleets into what they are now. For this reason we are able to beat the big salvages, not because they are easy! They became easy when we gained the skill and spent days,weeks,months building fleets to do just that,sink drac fleets without damage! No one handed us freebies, we worked to get where we are.
  • Chad Ammidown
    Chad Ammidown
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 22
    I really have to laugh at the incredible stupidity of the rants in here.

do you morons realize that you are simultaneously saying that:

1. The change is a cash grab
    2. Many players will quit and stop coining

Which one is it? lol

I've had zero coins in my account for the past few days, didn't put any more in today. Managed the new salvs just fine! Actually, I played ALL DAY LONG today cause it was fun figuring out the new salvs and developing a strategy, starting with the lowest i could find and working my way up methodically.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. The change is an attempt to get people to refit fleets, fail, repair, refit and so on with coin....however how long will that last and how many see it as that so they don't even bother? Saying it's a cash grab does not suggest that it was successful.
  • Dr_WD-Elite
    Dr_WD-Elite
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 164
    Free of risk. Free of damage. Pick one.
    Free to play is a thing of the past all your out to do is get people to coin more. Bottom Line so why bother to sugar coat it. You say the players have not adjusted to it. Translation you have not been able to crunch numbers yet to see if your losing or gaining money. The new players will try the game for a week maybe and quit. All kixeye is about anymore is to see how rich they can get anymore. Kixeye is not out to "improve" the game simply to see how much they can profit. I am all about profit I have coined plenty in the game but after the raid changes making them all about coin and now all these new changes I am done spending my money.
  • lizard
    lizard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 4
    yo kix ,same here why the hell a salv change ,so now you expect more peeps to coin there repairs ?? wel they wont ,sometime's things are better left alone i'm now lvl"54" why is that for the game was so cool before al the changes . change some thing back onhow it was in the past dont f**** things up al the time . i will stop playin if this salv thing is not changed back .
  • John Vo
    John Vo
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4
    Fk u kixeye. All my fl is dead because of glicth, and now with the booster in sal. hahahahaha. Give back my old sal.
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Can we stop with all the personal attacks? It just leads to deleted posts and closed threads.

Personal attacks are easier than addressing points directly.

Basically all they want to hear is "oh gosh, you are right, keep on doing as you were, everything is getting changed back!"

Anything less than that and its full on tard-rage
  • we3jeepers
    we3jeepers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 442
    For every feature some players say no.
    yeah well this update that "some players" is looking like all of us!!!

• Rick Talbot
    Rick Talbot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 28
    This change is like saying "Oh geez driving a car is getting too easy lets remove the power steering and give it square wheels, they'll adapt" please just return the salvs to normal, please
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    Actually would like the admin to deny this, because up till they haven't denied that the change to the salvage system was made with boosting coining in mind or i haven't actually seen them deny it more like side stepping it, though i dont expect a reply on this :)

That makes no sense. We like money so much we make a change that makes us less money?

Oh and we didn't do it for money. I should put that in my sig.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
This discussion has been closed.