Upcoming Player Level and Base Protection Changes

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 5 Oct 2012, 6:00PM
Greetings Captains,

This week's update will contain two highly anticipated features that have been the topic of much discussion in the Future Features & Feedback forum. The two features are briefly outlined below with further details after the summary.

New Level Structure
The New Level Structure that was previously discussed in the Future Features & Feedback forum has been implemented. To accomplish the aforementioned goal state, a few things needed to be done. Let’s take a closer look at those changes.
Player Level
The changes to the Level System will be as follows. Once levels are redistributed, players will be able to attack a greater range of opponents (read on, you’ll see). Below is a list of the current levels and the level at which they’ll be once the system overhaul goes live.
• Players under Level 16 will see a shift down (XP will not change) in order to rank up at a quicker rate. Level 17 and 18 will see minor changes as well, then:
19 => 20
20 => 21
21 => 23
22 => 25
23 => 26
24 => 28
25 => 31
26 => 33
27 => 35
28 => 37
29 => 40
30 => 43
31 => 45
32 => 48
33 => 51
34 => 55
35 => 59
36 => 65
37 => 71
38 => 78
39 => 87
Updated Attack Ranges
Changing the Attack Ranges allows an increase in the amount of valid targets for a given player. The +/- 5 Level Range will still remain, but will no longer apply to players over Level 40 (Currently, Level 29... that means a LOT of you).
• Attack Range remains at +/- 5 Levels until Level 39.
• Players that are Level 40 and above can be attacked by any player Level 40 and above.
• Levels 40-44 can still attack/be attacked by Levels 35-39 due to the +/- 5 Rule still in effect for lower level players.
• Current Level 29 will be Level 40 according to the new system.

Damage Protection Rule Change
We’ve also revisited the rules governing the use of Damage Protection bubbles. In the past, some players were able to employ a tricky strategy - referred to as “Buddy Bubbling” - to create a virtually impenetrable fence of bases. The bases would be kept in a bubbled state by constant partial attacks from friends, and were therefore impassable by outsiders. To remedy this loophole, we’ve adjusted the Damage Protection durations based on how much damage was done to a base.
Damage Protection Details
The new Damage Protection system would create four cases in which a player’s base would receive Damage Protection.
• When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
• When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
• When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
• When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.
• Additionally, attacking another player's fleet or base will now reset the counter and drop the bubble, if you have one, leaving you open to attack.

EDIT: After assessing all of the feedback from the community and thorough discussion with the team, we have decided to take the Fleet vs Fleet Base Protection Drop under review and postpone its release.

At the core of this update, balance was our focus. There are inherent trade-offs to be made with updates such as these, and while players may see a possible change in the amount of available targets, the number of opportunities for action should be increased substantially. Furthermore, adjustments have been made to the amount of Draconian salvage fleets, with additional fleets added throughout the level ranges. All in all, we want to deliver a great game experience to players of all ranges and provide the ability to jump into the action, no matter your level.
  • telemarks
    telemarks
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 637
    thanks for heads up. Level 29's are going to hate this ....

edit .. whoot first in
    ==================
    BP Home Sector = 77 
    BP Sectors Visited - 240, 77, 296, 407, 104, 78, 52, 11, 197, 241, 88, 94, 491, 456, 182, 497, 171, 313, 100, 379

Retired from active BP playing at level 82
  • Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
    Greetings Captains,

This week's update will contain two highly anticipated features that have been the topic of much discussion in the Future Features & Feedback forum. The two features are briefly outlined below with further details after the summary.

New Level Structure
    The New Level Structure that was previously discussed in the Future Features & Feedback forum has been implemented. To accomplish the aforementioned goal state, a few things needed to be done. Let’s take a closer look at those changes.
    Player Level
    The changes to the Level System will be as follows. Once levels are redistributed, players will be able to attack a greater range of opponents (read on, you’ll see). Below is a list of the current levels and the level at which they’ll be once the system overhaul goes live.
    • Under Level 18 will stay the same, then:
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87
    Updated Attack Ranges
    Changing the Attack Ranges allows an increase in the amount of valid targets for a given player. The +/- 5 Level Range will still remain, but will no longer apply to players over Level 40 (Currently, Level 29... that means a LOT of you).
    • Players that are Level 40 and above can be attacked by any player Level 40 and above.
    • Levels 40-44 can still attack/be attacked by Levels 35-39 due to the +/- 5 Rule still in effect for lower level players.

We’ve also revisited the rules governing the use of Damage Protection bubbles. In the past, some players were able to employ a tricky strategy - referred to as “Buddy Bubbling” - to create a virtually impenetrable fence of bases. The bases would be kept in a bubbled state by constant partial attacks from friends, and were therefore impassable by outsiders. To remedy this loophole, we’ve adjusted the Damage Protection durations based on how much damage was done to a base.
    The new Damage Protection system would create four cases in which a player’s base would receive Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.
    o Keep in mind, attacking another player will now reset the counter.

At the core of this update, balance was our focus. There are inherent trade-offs to be made with updates such as these, and while players may see a possible change in the amount of available targets, the number of opportunities for action should be increased substantially. Furthermore, adjustments have been made to the amount of Draconian salvage fleets, with additional fleets added throughout the level ranges. All in all, we want to deliver a great game experience to players of all ranges and provide the ability to jump into the action, no matter your level.

al in all i think most of this is a good thing i think though you will need to tweak the bubble duration times as people who dont get to play every 12 hours or log in as soon as they are attacked would be really boned on repairs when they got attacked

also dose that mean another tear of salvage with new bps?

KIXEYE CM Robot said:

But you
    never know...BP is after all held together in one big ball of duct tape.

CM robot summing up the BP mess like a boss 
    Toruk lvl 70 ID 411****
    hulls won 
    Interceptor, Nighthawk, MCX, DNX, SCX, DN, SC, JUGG, BS, BCX, BC, Alas Carrier, Vindicator, Rampart, Mauler, Stingray, Merc, thresher, Triton, Hurricoin, SF, Spec, Golly, Cuda, ssa, hha, hhb,
  • thomsey
    thomsey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 69
    i think 12 hrs abit low say i get hit just after i leave for work then player does 48% damage to my base i get a 12 hr bubble i get home 8 hrs after that attack i don't have time 2 repair turrets before bubble pops
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    cool like it

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• captainjackswallows
    captainjackswallows
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 871
    Greetings Captains,

New Level Structure
    Player Level
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87
    Updated Attack Ranges

Thanks for heads up :) sounds good :)
    BP Lvl: 61
    BP ID is:1101418 
    Current Sector: God Only Knows cause i aint updating this every week 
    HULLS: Goliath, SC, SF, Corvette, Light Cruiser, DNX, HH B, Spectre, BB A. MC, MCX, SSA

Yes i have been asking for a Drydock for 2years and counting
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    I like these changes, especially being able to hit more targets and fewer bubbles
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Cum_Stain
    Cum_Stain
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 359
    Greetings Captains,

New Level Structure
    Player Level
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87
    Updated Attack Ranges

so what does this mean for the lvl36+ players can they attack lower or are they just going to have to stick it out and salvage??? i know im not a lvl36+ but in a way this is sort of putting 2 fingers up to them and lettting the lower levels get away with not being attacked i had 2 lvl33's mouthing of behind bubbles for weeks everytime their bubble dropped they got a new one from a friend, so this bubble protection thing is going to be good for that but need some clearing up on the lvl thing please
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sniper[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="#FFFF00"]LVL: 64[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="#000099"][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]SBS Strike team[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][COLOR="#66ff00"] Pimp Ships won: Dread, Dread X, Cruiser and Cruiser X, Juggernaut, HH-A, HH-B, Super Fortress, Sea Scorpion, Battleship, Battlecruiser, Barracuda, Toilet, Triton, Strike cruiser, Interdictor, Spectre, light cruiser, Destroyer and Corvette[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :D[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FFFF00"][SIZE=4]IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [QUOTE=KIXEYE CS Xandamere;1649538]KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.[/QUOTE]
  • WarmApplePie
    WarmApplePie
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 978
    John Thoms wrote: »
    i think 12 hrs abit low say i get hit just after i leave for work then player does 48% damage to my base i get a 12 hr bubble i get home 8 hrs after that attack i don't have time 2 repair turrets before bubble pops

agreed 10char
     Welcome to Kixeye. How may we glitch you?

WarmApplePie-BPELI
  • Nickolas Griffith
    Nickolas Griffith
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,405
    I never did really understand this.......oh well....
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    12 hours does seem low because the launch pad at lvl 5 takes 39 hours to repair if completely destroyed so the 12 hours does make the damage system unbalanced by alot. But good job of getting rid of preps

Edit: without prepping a base that means we must/will have to coin more then ever just to keep up with repairs.

• Ish
    Ish
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 491
    Ahhhhh, hit all the 26s while i still can!
    Ishylwyff-Sector 90-Level 32
    Death From Below
  • BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403
    did you guys change the Blueprint streeakbreaker aswell to adjust for lv 29 salvages now don't drop tier 3 BP's anymore? or will the salvags change aswell up to like lv 75??

not of my concern since i finished them all, but my 33 salvagfes are always gone now, and respawn is very slow....
  • James Wills
    James Wills
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1
    The bubble times concern me as well. Can we have auto repair on damaged buildings please? Otherwise we'll be playing Farmville: Battle Pirates...
  • Dark_side
    Dark_side
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 324
    Greetings Captains,

New Level Structure
    Player Level
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87
    Updated Attack Ranges

i am still not Sure about the Level Structure but i will give it ago and i am loving the Damage Protection Rule Change no more buddy bubbles well that is intill they start 25% eachother
    DARK_SIDE_FF
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Support Ticket
    To some people their time is more valuable to them, and to others their money is more valuable. Your priorities are you own, and just as others shouldn't tell you what it more valuable to you, nor should you impose on others what should be more valuable to them.
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    We are both listening and not chickens (we're Unicorns damnit).
  • unforseen_crisis
    unforseen_crisis
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,891
    The R. wrote: »
    in the future features section, there was mention of plans to have fvf battles pop bubbles. I hope that will not be implemented? Also, can we please receive a list of what blueprint tier the new level salvs will be corresponding with?

yea my number one question right here

• Donald Mahlert
    Donald Mahlert
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 94
    makes no sense...why dont you just leave the level numbers the same and implement the other changes?
    WETDRM-DS lvl 61
    ID# 337550
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    Wheres SWAG ?
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • Busterking
    Busterking
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 651
    After ALL the negative input you received about level 40 being opened to attacks by everyone including level 87 which is totally ridiculous you are still going ahead with this change.

Unbelievable, you just killed the game for many many players. kixeye you are a bunch of morons.

• Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    Wheres SWAG ?

will transferred him to Q&A

• BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    it's good to see these changes coming however this has really opened a huge door for rocket warriors (requires no skill) and they're going to rain down like crazy
    Sink or Swim
  • Purplehealer
    Purplehealer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 65
    So I can hit someones dock every 31 mins all day long without bubbling them? Basically stopping them from playing at all.
  • jolly rodger66
    jolly rodger66
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 52
    So what you are saying is that for those who have defending fleets.. say toilets..are dead, which mine fully dead are a day and 7 hours repair time... and my bubble drops before my toilets are healed... i am going to have to spend more coin to repair my fleet for it to be ready..... hmmm more money.. who would have thought that..
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    What about losing your bubble for attacking other peoples fleets?
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,426
    do we still have the 5 hit max per player per hour rule? if not this should be imposed as well. if not this will open base hitting up to a max of 8 hits per player....which is beyond stupid. if i like the other rules. its about time.
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
     ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Youtube:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Vesna Viktor
    Vesna Viktor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 116
    John Thoms wrote: »

totally agreed
    V-V 
  • BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    So I can hit someones dock every 31 mins all day long without bubbling them? Basically stopping them from playing at all.

if you were to coin a rocket every 31m yes that would be possible

more practical sitiuation would be a group of rocket warriors rocketing said player every 31m all day which given the DP rules is 100% possible
    Sink or Swim
  • Nick Rock
    Nick Rock
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 18
    you haven't done much the ones to the bubble system but make it so bubbles pop before bases get repaired the problem of coiners buying bubbles after they hit someone is still there. Remove that feature
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Mike Wood wrote: »
    do we still have the 5 hit max per player per hour rule? if not this should be imposed as well. if not this will open base hitting up to a max of 8 hits per player....which is beyond stupid. if i like the other rules. its about time.

It's being replaced with the 8 hit within 1 hour rule from what I can tell. 5 hit or 8, you can only do 25% damage before they get a bubble.
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    Wheres SWAG ?

He is doing a 8 day refit on his beard. You'll be unable to see him during that time.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
    Attacking a player (meaning base or fleet Amirite?) resets the counter....

now the wording reads the counter for the 8 hit bubble or attack, does this also drop a players Damage Protection if they have been legitimatley damaged?

Or just resets the counter?

[EDIT] Oh yeah...

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AT LAST!
    BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    Any idea on FvF causing one to lose their bubble? That was my favorite part of the new bubble system. If you want to hide behind a bubble, fine, so be it but don't bother other people battling.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
This discussion has been closed.