Resources from Typhoons Increased

• Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    Feedback on the raid is this: Last raid I won 1st,3rd, 4th and 5th prize in 4 days. Could have gone for the 2nd as well, but decided not to due to the usual lag, glitches, problems on my side etc.

This raid, if I played 5 days and plenty of hours each day, I could maybe have made 1st prize. I chose to settle on 2nd though, for I still have SOME life outside of BP.

So the increase in difficulty and the decrease in points and resources are HUGE from the last raid. Now I personally like the increase in difficulty, I think this concept is cool, BUT it is hugely unbalanced. Higher difficulty should yield higher points and resources.

That made this raid an epic fail, instead of the epic success it should have been.
  • RoadKiLL95138
    RoadKiLL95138
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1
    I'm definitely not going to make the tier 1 prize. 2-3 hours a day at level 21 ... spending coins on repairs and resources for those repairs hasn't gotten me close. At 75k total points, there is no way I can come close the base 250k points. This contest is definitely not for us lower level players. I am better off spending my money on Madden 13 or some other game. This is just to make the strong ... stronger and the weak .. feel weaker.
  • Catzan
    Catzan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 46
    Generous move to the folks that don't have the right fleets. For whatever reason, I have not had a resource problem. I have pretty much been hitting 28's and doing some smaller ones. Maxed warehouses and was able to kick off some more research to drain them. If Swag was one of the testers, I can see how he might not have trouble with resources. If Kixeye does not already, they should have multiple leveled testers with different style fleets. My ships are not the best but are getting the job done. I might just get a Dread, finally.
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    Greetings Captains,

We have been closely monitoring and reading feedback provided on the event. A big thanks to everyone that has provided constructive comments.

Based on your requests and from what we have seen in the event, we have raised the amount of resources that drops from the Typhoons to allow players to repair their fleets.

We will continue to monitor activity and player feedback throughout the duration of the event. Have fun!

thnks really apprieate this now i got the res for my 1st dread
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    It was not a problem for me the resource but the many credits i lost playing the raid i think that it would be nice too give back 100 credits too all the guys that spend money on this raid i did not play for the dreads x because the lag and the last raid was better then this if you continue whit this trash again i will never ever spend a coin on this game .
    I like battle pirates and i consider its a great game but try too listen more the players and dont ever repeat this raid again just go back too the outpost raid this thypoon s... Sucks and its very hard for the new guys too play it
  • Gazbeard
    Gazbeard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 190
    Bolting the stable door after the horse has gone with this one Swag

A lot of players in my sector dropped the raid within first 4 hours. For me, the first 2 hours had so many technical issues I burned through 150 coins just keeping my fleets on the water, then every typhoon under level 28 within 2 minutes of my base refused to leave battle and are still in battle now (3 days into the raid), meaning I lose time between each fight as well as having to fill up with salv before each fight just to be able to repair.

The typhoons sonar and torpedo range (and fire rate) is way too high. The drones are too thick and fast and way overarmed - they have Levi weight weapons on speedboats for crying our loud. Limit how many drones per typhoon by level, or reduce the number launched at any one time.

Unlike some people, I'll play the next storm warning, but I'll not be coining it - although I bought 500 coins for this event, I'll still be lucky to get the Battle Cruiser (and I'm level 31) ... that tells me all I need to know - next time I'll just do it without coining and take whatever I achieve. Pointless trying for the top prize if you haven't already got the top prizes from earlier and far easier events. Even coins won't do it without the earlier ships and weapons, which proves the planning in this event is completely FUBAR.
    LEVEL = 60
    Draconian Hulls won =
    Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer-X, Light Cruiser, Light Cruiser-X, Battle Cruiser, Battle Cruiser-X, Battleship, Juggernaut, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser-X, Dreadnought-X
    Forsaken Hulls won = Battle Barge-A, Leviathan-A, Floating Fortress-A, Sea Scorpion-A, Hammerhead-A, Hammerhead-B, Hammerhead-C (Mauler), Goliath, Hurricane, (Freddy) Mercury, Spectre, Triton
    + enough armour to cover the planet, more rockets & torpedoes than I know what to do with, and assorted other bits and pieces of ammo, turretry & weaponry
  • Langarry
    Langarry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 90
    they need reduce the cost of repairing Ships across the board wen Generals it cost more to repair a fully dead fleet than it can haul away from a Raid Target or a players base that quite painful But if u enter a battle and the game crashes and you refresh to a fully dead General fleet who brought back ZERO resources and u still must pay the FULL 550 % to restore it then if they had a contest for who suffered a needless penalty you wud win a Platinum Trophy
  • Lewis_Coulton
    Lewis_Coulton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 86
    maybe putting this raid into a multiplayer so 2-3 people can hit the base
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    501st wrote: »
    . . . . . . . . I like playing the game but the bullshit issues are enough already, i know your programmers are University of India drop outs but come on what are you paying then 2 bucks a day. problems and glitches NEVER gt fixed. and update your battle computer out of the 1980's 8086 system

My favorite quotation from this entire glitch filled Storm Warning raid event. And I could not agree more. The same glitches were around for the weeks preceding the event and Kixeye completely ignored its many protesting customers and did NOTHING to prepare its overloaded servers. Most successful businesses strive to please their customers and work to increase their customer base. But not Kixeye.

The Kixeye company motto is "The customer is always wrong."
    Level 55
  • BIG_COUNTRY
    BIG_COUNTRY
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 28
    Swag Im not sure if your aware but here in sec 229 the res have not increased. Dont post to forums if you have not made the changes. lvl 28= 7 mil res lvl 25= 3.2 mil res. Has been this way the whole raid and is still the same.
  • Bunny Hunter
    Bunny Hunter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 527
    Now then SWAG, give us the multipier back and we'll all be happy, cause maybe then little guys and non coiners could win something

• TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Swag Im not sure if your aware but here in sec 229 the res have not increased. Dont post to forums if you have not made the changes. lvl 28= 7 mil res lvl 25= 3.2 mil res. Has been this way the whole raid and is still the same.

28's were 6mill resources before..lol...Did you start to play late?
    Atta-Comb 
  • MasterChan Captainof Halo
    MasterChan Captainof Halo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 190
    UncleMike wrote: »
    My favorite quotation from this entire glitch filled Storm Warning raid event. And I could not agree more. The same glitches were around for the weeks preceding the event and Kixeye completely ignored its many protesting customers and did NOTHING to prepare its overloaded servers. Most successful businesses strive to please their customers and work to increase their customer base. But not Kixeye.

The Kixeye company motto is "The customer is always wrong."

Thats exactly what I pointed out but they alwys don't do that. Maybe the majority are just slacking in their chairs all day and maybe Swag is doing all the the work. If i were the employee, i will answer to everyone demands. And please do something about that big mothership
    MASTER_CHIEF_S117 THE ONE MAN ARMY

MASS DESTROYER OF HALO INSTALLATION 4A, INSTALLATION 4B, THE ARK.

KILLER OF PROPHET OF REGRET, 343 GUILTY SPARK,

FRIENDS WITH VICE_ADMIRAL_HOOD
  • Ghost-VE
    Ghost-VE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 150
    Thanks very much for the res increase, it's too late for me now, but hopefully it's a change that will carry over into the next raid.

One thing I would like to see though, would be a points increase. 43k for a 28 is just madness. Especially as the difficulty is higher too. Please Kixeye, more points, at least on the next raid.
  • zzubisback
    zzubisback
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 93
    can you please fix the points they give out?? can you actually make it so people can get prizes without coining?!?

:D:D Dont be so silly and naive. Kixeye do not run BP as a charity. the events are meant to be coined!
    Must admit though, this event has taken approx 3 x as much to get the main prize as other raids.

Im assuming this is to make up for the fact that 100,000 players left BP last month alone.

I got the drac, last time I coin......now Im gonna be playing this game for free until it gets closed down due to lack of players.:p
  • she mert
    she mert
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 48
    didnt enjoy this raid at all :mad:
    There are three types of people in this world , those who can count and those that cannot .
  • seaweedsally
    seaweedsally
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 15
    I hated this raid quit playing it...game not near as much fun all around, not spending any more money, just sayin
  • I'm coming haha
    I'm coming haha
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 160
    Greetings Captains,

We have been closely monitoring and reading feedback provided on the event. A big thanks to everyone that has provided constructive comments.

Based on your requests and from what we have seen in the event, we have raised the amount of resources that drops from the Typhoons to allow players to repair their fleets.

We will continue to monitor activity and player feedback throughout the duration of the event. Have fun!

Helped me a lot thanks Swag
    BP NAME Marine, level 52. Proud owner of the Goliath, Strike cruiser, Battleship and Dreadnought X , Baracuda, Hurricane and super Fortress
  • I'm coming haha
    I'm coming haha
    Minor Nuisance
    One thing I'd like to see is the drones blow up after you kill the typhoon would save me a lot of health as I haven't got any rocket built ships in date with the game right now
    BP NAME Marine, level 52. Proud owner of the Goliath, Strike cruiser, Battleship and Dreadnought X , Baracuda, Hurricane and super Fortress
  • dioricx
    dioricx
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 8
    why is it that my Autobanked resources in not working well? I have 30M autobanked per hour then i just got 65M when i play after 1 day. Plz resolce this cause we are entering in the war now..thanks
    Plz give me the lost resources plz..we are at war now..the enemy are strong then i need to help my Alliance.
  • Danimal_PNLS
    Danimal_PNLS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 27
    Well...finally got to the end.From everything i have read...most players want Kixeye to just hand them the top prize.The only thing I agree with,and I will specify,the 28's are a bit low for the difficulty and damages.This is a hell of a ship,and I'm glad a lot quit,i will look forward to being one of the few to use it.As for no warning on the raid...BULLSHIT,we had a week warning.To the whiners that say they werent prepared with their fleets...your cry babies.They put out a teaser video...TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA.I immediately recognized fast weapons were needed,and posted this on my sector comms.I used 2 SW fleets comprised of thuds and ripps,AL3/HB3/ENG3 I made back when I was a noob.(4 coin repair for total destruction)That brings up another point,thanks Kix for expanding the ship bank to 90...I had already scrapped 2 fleets to make room for better hulls.BTW...I hope you guys that are exploiting the ghosting glitch all get caught and banned.(A special shout out to RCS clan in 466-your stupidly obvious with it-10 SC fleets one minute,10 interdictors the next.I hope you all work and win the prizes,rank real high on sector boards) Swag...just cuz your stuck being the spokesman and take a lot of undo ****...where do I send your case of yoohoo anyway? Cheers
  • I'm coming haha
    I'm coming haha
    Minor Nuisance
    dioricx wrote: »
    why is it that my Autobanked resources in not working well? I have 30M autobanked per hour then i just got 65M when i play after 1 day. Plz resolce this cause we are entering in the war now..thanks
    Plz give me the lost resources plz..we are at war now..the enemy are strong then i need to help my Alliance.

when did BP have an autobank ?
  • Darth Scorpious
    Darth Scorpious
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,603
    Greetings Captains,

thanks for listening but the bigger issue was the jank point value system. waayyy to low
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,018
    RAPTOR 94 wrote: »
    thanks for listening but the bigger issue was the jank point value system. waayyy to low

That would be my main issue too (other than the many glitches throughout the raid).

The points to damage ratio was way too low on the 28's - only worth about 2 x 25's (roughly). And I could clear around 5-6 25's for each 28. If I lucked out and landed on the Typhoon, then I could take 2 x 28's - but that was pure luck.

Made it more worthwhile to just hit 25's - same as many in my sector. Which left the 28's and above largely untouched.

Hope the points are looked at for the next event, as they need to reflect the damage the 'average' player takes.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • Master_Chief
    Master_Chief
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 271
    thermopyle wrote: »
    your so full of crap. proper planning WITH PREVIOUS RAID PRIZES. not everyone has strikers like us to kill 28's and up. if you dont and are working with SWS or SS or whatever you have you get raped on resources repairing. or you can use levis or the bigger ships but then you have to coin your **** off because they sit in repair forever.

Simply put, you don't know how to play the game. I hear a lot of talk on these forums about how to hit base, how to hit fleet to fleet, and the only time that a raid is mentioned, is when it is close by. I, and my crew are ALWAYS preparing for the next raid. 2 of my crewmates were able to win the Strike Cruiser when they had only been playing for 3 weeks in game. Yes, i absolutely taught them what i knew, and that is how they were able to do it. They did it with Battle Barges. This raid was doable to win the Dreadknot X with battle barges, you just don't understand the long game. That's why they added another day to this raid, it was 5 days fo christs sake. All you people are crying on the first day, about resources, because you don't know how to plan a ship build, and were using instant repair Seawolves and other ships of that size. Simply put, your more worried about base hits, than you are events, and that is why it is more expensive for you.

So absolutely, if i am putting in the work all the time with my ship builds, and my planning for the next event, it's going to be easy for me and my crew. So what's your excuse now?
    Master_Chief 
    BP - Level 75 / WC - Level 37
    Sic Vis Pacum Parrabellum (Latin) "If you want peace, prepare for war"
    Asus G75V - 3rd Gen Intel I7 - 16Gb of RAM - 256 Gb SSD - 750Gb HDD - Nvidia GTX 660M with 2 Gb RAM
  • David Reese
    David Reese
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111
    Simply put, you don't know how to play the game. I hear a lot of talk on these forums about how to hit base, how to hit fleet to fleet, and the only time that a raid is mentioned, is when it is close by. I, and my crew are ALWAYS preparing for the next raid. 2 of my crewmates were able to win the Strike Cruiser when they had only been playing for 3 weeks in game. Yes, i absolutely taught them what i knew, and that is how they were able to do it. They did it with Battle Barges. This raid was doable to win the Dreadknot X with battle barges, you just don't understand the long game. That's why they added another day to this raid, it was 5 days fo christs sake. All you people are crying on the first day, about resources, because you don't know how to plan a ship build, and were using instant repair Seawolves and other ships of that size. Simply put, your more worried about base hits, than you are events, and that is why it is more expensive for you.

So absolutely, if i am putting in the work all the time with my ship builds, and my planning for the next event, it's going to be easy for me and my crew. So what's your excuse now?

Here it is folks the answer to all out problems! You have been playing the game wrong, you have been building fleets to play the every day game and not concentrating on raids. So stop that 50 day base fleet you have been building from a previous raid. Stop building the sub killing fleet ships you also won from a previous raid. You don't need those Goliaths in your base because well according tho this guy there won't be anymore base attacks so they are useless now.

Give us a break dude.. Tons of people simply don't have the time to build what they would like to have and keep up with changing raids. Kixeye has decided to keep the massive time involvement to build these hulls so we are stuck using what we have on hand. I would have been happy to put in the time to win had they not also made the decision they didn't like people using instant repair SW's or SS's and resource starved us. The fact is Kixeye made this decision and didn't tell anyone they were doing it. Its not unreasonable to expect to use some similar ships and tactics from previous raids and not have to anticipate what they are going to do every time they roll one of these out. Your right on 1 thing I can make ships for the next raid and just forget the rest of my 45 day siege mortar base SC's but at that point why bother to play at all?
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 888
    I think that would leave the door open to abuse. I can foresee players turtling and actually avoiding the Typhoon just to rack up points. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Well then after 4 or 6 disbursements of drones .... Stop
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 888

Really .. with BB's and you can win a DN?
    OK... How many fleets of BB's
    What is on those BB's

What level of Typhoon are you hitting?

And honestly ( BB's if you're auto'ing typhoons till they're dead ) I just don't have the time to spend 12 - 15 hours each day mindlessly throwing **** at stuff besides it's boring.
  • themissinglinc
    themissinglinc
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17
    Look everyone has their opinion on this raid-- either good or bad-- either you were ready for it or not-- we did have a small look a week ahead to what we would be facing-- was it enough time to prep more than one fleet-- answer-- yes if you coin-- no if you don't-- was this raid set for the coiner or not-- that is the question-- I understand that Kixeye needs to make money-- everyone does-- but not everyone can spend alot of money-- I have no issues with coiners- it is their money to spend-- the point is that improvements to the game need to really be addresses-- fix the glitches for day to day-- not just the raid-- I found it funny that before the raid I had to hit base 2-3 times before I could control the fleet-- during the raid I have not had that issue-- why is that?-- was this a hard raid- not really-- it was just time comsuming-- in which alot of ppl dont have that kind of time-- so to those of you that win the dread-- congrats-- the ones of you that didn't- better luck next time-- prep your fleets to deal with the next raid-- and btw-- no I did not win the dread-- I hope that the point system to damage is a little better next time-- but if not so be it-- but hopefully by the next raid we will have the extra dock we all wish we could have to maybe catch up on fleet builds
  • thermopyle
    thermopyle
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 51
    zzubisback wrote: »

Im assuming this is to make up for the fact that 100,000 players left BP last month alone.

dude im approximating about 120k people play BP total if even that much. from what corner of your arse did you get that number from.