Damage Protection Rule Changes

  • VikingLass
    VikingLass
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 99
    kris1019 wrote: »
    Are you freaking kidding me? Walls take 5 seconds to upgrade, no coin needed. If you dont have DU4 towers done at lvl 30 then you messed up badly. Live with your mistake.
    I have the stinking walls, you moron. What is it that you have such a **** problem with?? You can't deal with people your own size? If it were level 31s or 29s, that's one thing. I get hit by a level 34 four times in a row... First he rims, then he brings in 3 other fleets. It takes 4 fleets to get into my base and past my guard fleet. That's not a puny or ill designed base. I don't have the level of ships to hit him back, and I can't keep him out if he's going to throw 4 effing HH fleets at me. Then he goes back to his base, coins a repair, and goes back out to do it again. Why?? This one does it because he thinks women shouldn't be allowed to play the game. Depending on what he hits and how often a ten day build, which is way too stinking long, can turn into a 3 or 4 week build, really easily. Don't be an ****. I'm not whining because I get hit. That's the nature of the game. This is about the fact that bullies try to drive people like me out of the game, and now Kixeye decides to give them a hand.
  • Zaharkan
    Zaharkan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,067
    I have to agree with others who are complaining about the bubble drop if you engage in FvF. I would also suggest that the minimum bubble be 4 hours in duration or until the dock is repaired or you hit another persons base.
    Sweet Sweet Lemonade coming to a base near you
    image
    Drac Base #2 - Done Solo 
  • bloodmoney
    bloodmoney
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 13
    now i no why i stop cc
  • Doof
    Doof
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 13
    Great idea Kixeye and a much needed fix. My only concern is that the 12hr bubble for 25%-49% damage may be too short for some to get platforms repaired before the bubble drops. If I go to work for 9hrs and get hit 1 hr later for 30% damage, when I get home and hit repair my platforms will not be fully repaired by the time my bubble drops. I think you need to consider at least cutting platform repair time in 1/2 or not starting the bubble timer until the next time the player logs in.
  • Tiny Teets
    Tiny Teets
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 623
    Have the bubble timer start when the Repair button is clicked
  • lallas
    lallas
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 160
    cool! now I can have a lot of fun with cudas fleet, smashing enemy dock at every 2-3 h. I love you kixeye :D ... but wait... the game will be boring soon, free players will stop playing because they will have the dock permanently destroyed. but this is not a problem, because you will reduce the map at 2-3 sectors of coiners. I still hope this is a joke, the developers can`t be so stupid lol
  • TheDestroyer
    TheDestroyer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 157
    The M wrote: »
    Sounds good enough for me. But I still don't see the need in the 4th rule though.
    Just one rocket every 4hrs will keep you out of the game so they only ever have to use one of those 8 attacks every 4hrs. So the rule seems pointless and therefore unneeded.

    This idea might help with your point:

    http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=255676-> Phalanx Gun
    Target wrote: »
    There's an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building block of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.

    Home - Sector 228 - Brits Runnin Riot
    Ideas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    for the people complaining that 1 hour is to short for 8 hits because your dock wont repair. The current system allows someone to kill your dock in one hit, come back 3 hours later, do it again and so on. So whats the difference that your complaining about? Its got to to be that your losing your precious 2 day bubble, not that your dock wont repair in 1 hour after 8 hits.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • SharBearThug
    SharBearThug
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 53
    To be honest, I dislike the idea of ending the buddy bubble. But not because I won't have a bubble. I have several friends who can't get online during the week due to work or no internet where they are. They were frustrated and ready to quit the game because every time they could get online for a bit, they couldn't play at all because their bases were dead. So I try and keep their bases bubbled when they can't get online. I myself do not get one unless i'm hit and my guns are down, or I am totally reworking my base. I have also bubbled some friends who were trying to rework their bases. This keeps them playing when they can. I've also noticed, that while gun repair is over 6 hours, the bubble for taking out my guns is often non existant. That leaves the base totally open to looting for the length of time it takes to repair them. I think that the bubble time should at LEAST cover repair time, and the idea of repair starting automatically instead of waiting until the person next logs on is an excellant idea. Just my 2 cents.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    for the people complaining that 1 hour is to short for 8 hits because your dock wont repair. The current system allows someone to kill your dock in one hit, come back 3 hours later, do it again and so on. So whats the difference that your complaining about? Its got to to be that your losing your precious 2 day bubble, not that your dock wont repair in 1 hour after 8 hits.

    Not even an hour.. is you space your hits 36 minutes apart and you can do 10 attacks like that before he bubbles for 24 hours.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • COLD_STEEL
    COLD_STEEL
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 50
    this rule takes players out of the game up to 6 hrs for turrets to repair
    they cannot do any FvF fighting while base is repairing unless they coin repairs it leaves base vulnerable
    unless rule is change to only bases with 25% or less loose damage protection
    you are looking at loosing a lot of players FvF is big part of this game

    For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3). Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).
  • pheoniks
    pheoniks
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    Nope they can still buy it but if they attack while it is up.. then they lose the coin and the bubble.

    cool, so it is ok to hide behind your wallet but not work with your friends. Lets me know real quick which is important to everyone, gameplay or money. This should make it much easier all around for the "Coiners" to quickly race ahead in the game, as many of us counted on a bubble to protect us while we upgraded, while others just spend more money.
  • Death-Stalker
    Death-Stalker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 114
    moforocks wrote: »
    25% needs a bump to 30%. Bases are over powered and 25% really isn't anything with a well built base.

    No your fleets are just set up wrong, it has always been 25% damage. Ever since I started this game.

    I do however not like the last rule. 1 hour still does not give the player who gets his dock sniped time to repair it. They need to make it 4 hours. Then again, it will make sure that the guy that just sniped mine can't hide in a bubble and I can snipe his :spurtz:
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    No your fleets are just set up wrong, it has always been 25% damage. Ever since I started this game.

    I do however not like the last rule. 1 hour still does not give the player who gets his dock sniped time to repair it. They need to make it 4 hours. Then again, it will make sure that the guy that just sniped mine can't hide in a bubble and I can snipe his :spurtz:

    I'm trying to figure out if I get a 4 hour bubble currently when my dock gets sniped, nope it doesnt happen. I get a bubble after 10 hits, so how is the new system going to be worse for this?
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    pheoniks wrote: »
    cool, so it is ok to hide behind your wallet but not work with your friends. Lets me know real quick which is important to everyone, gameplay or money. This should make it much easier all around for the "Coiners" to quickly race ahead in the game, as many of us counted on a bubble to protect us while we upgraded, while others just spend more money.

    Dont think you have to worry about the evil coiners who hide in their bought bubbles honestly man.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Edward Beijdorff
    Edward Beijdorff
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 20
    Well i only find this a good rule when there will be done something about the attacking fleet to. Not like now they jump away afther attack because of a trick attacking fleets use. So that the never can be attack there self, also there is no way to stop a attacking fleet from hitting a base just select base and nothing will stop you also when leaving the base hit no one can stop that fleet and attack back. So if you chance rule for defence chance rule for attack to. Just like hidding under drac bases they cant be attack there now they hide more then 1 or 2 fleets and they are save cant be attacked there chance that to!!!!!! For the rest fine by be only think fleet to fleet fight i dying find that pitty. More a hit and run or hide game now!!!!!!
  • LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    for the people complaining that 1 hour is to short for 8 hits because your dock wont repair. The current system allows someone to kill your dock in one hit, come back 3 hours later, do it again and so on. So whats the difference that your complaining about? Its got to to be that your losing your precious 2 day bubble, not that your dock wont repair in 1 hour after 8 hits.
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    Not even an hour.. is you space your hits 36 minutes apart and you can do 10 attacks like that before he bubbles for 24 hours.


    And why would you want to hit someone every 36 mins?
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    LUCKY-V wrote: »
    And why would you want to hit someone every 36 mins?

    I think he was using it as an example for people complaining about their dock not repairing in the 1 hour that you get for being hit 8 times in 4 hours in the new bubble system. I was saying that you don't get a 4 hour bubble now if your dock dies so what does it matter if you dont get a 4 hour bubble in the new one. People can grief docks now if they want, the new system isnt going to make it any worse for people.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • dannyjwlf
    dannyjwlf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 263
    It's not an excuse, it's a reason. And if somebody wants to live in a bubble I say go for it, I'll find somebody else to hit. I ask for people to hit my base for tips on improvement. And alot of willing base testers dont hit my dock, also gives me time to hit repair before I log off.
    Q
  • Debbie Winslow
    Debbie Winslow
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    Thank you for this change..Was getting tired of having to explain to people why I wont do buddy bubbles
  • Firefly81
    Firefly81
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 84
    You know Swag this really sucks for those of us who can not hit bases because of the glitches in your game. My significant other and I bubble because we CAN NOT see the base attacks to control our ships in them. We NEVER hit other bases because we can't but yeah its great that thanks to your changes we'll be able to be farmed with no consequences for the people hitting us because we can't retaliate. No offense but maybe just maybe you all could quit changing things and fix the freaking problems that already exist to make the game playable instead of screwing over the people even more so that suffer from your glitches. I have submitted countless support tickets NOTHING has been fixed ever. You are going to lose a lot of players if this goes live because if you can't even attack others how is it fair to have your base leveled constantly. Now even the best base set up is no match for the ships and weapons out so no one can actually defend themselves. The higher players just walk all over everyone and you are encouraging this by taking away every single option of people to defend themselves. You killed the attack button so people can just snipe bases with out getting hit. You are now killing the bubble so there is no way for people to prevent attacks. Stop catering to all the top players all the time. If you all are getting rid of the bubble I want the **** attack button back so we can at least hit the people who hit us.

    Also some problems with your logic
    A lvl 10 dock takes 3 hours to repair if someone takes out your dock and can hit you again an hour later you'll never be able to play.

    FVF should not remove your bubble or no one can defend anyone

    Turrets take up to 6 hours to repair not enough time bubbled if just turrets are hit before you would be hit again.


    You are going to literally have only about the top 10 players per sector able to play the game. Think about it logically if your dock is down you can not even launch your fleets if you are attacked again before you dock is repaired you will NEVER be able to play. This will literally put an end to battle pirates all together.
  • CaptShadow_FOFF
    CaptShadow_FOFF
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 83
    Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahah
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    Firefly81 wrote: »
    You know Swag this really sucks for those of us who can not hit bases because of the glitches in your game. My significant other and I bubble because we CAN NOT see the base attacks to control our ships in them. We NEVER hit other bases because we can't but yeah its great that thanks to your changes we'll be able to be farmed with no consequences for the people hitting us because we can't retaliate. No offense but maybe just maybe you all could quit changing things and fix the freaking problems that already exist to make the game playable instead of screwing over the people even more so that suffer from your glitches. I have submitted countless support tickets NOTHING has been fixed ever. You are going to lose a lot of players if this goes live because if you can't even attack others how is it fair to have your base leveled constantly. Now even the best base set up is no match for the ships and weapons out so no one can actually defend themselves. The higher players just walk all over everyone and you are encouraging this by taking away every single option of people to defend themselves. You killed the attack button so people can just snipe bases with out getting hit. You are now killing the bubble so there is no way for people to prevent attacks. Stop catering to all the top players all the time. If you all are getting rid of the bubble I want the **** attack button back so we can at least hit the people who hit us.

    Also some problems with your logic
    A lvl 10 dock takes 3 hours to repair if someone takes out your dock and can hit you again an hour later you'll never be able to play.

    FVF should not remove your bubble or no one can defend anyone

    Turrets take up to 6 hours to repair not enough time bubbled if just turrets are hit before you would be hit again.


    You are going to literally have only about the top 10 players per sector able to play the game. Think about it logically if your dock is down you can not even launch your fleets if you are attacked again before you dock is repaired you will NEVER be able to play. This will literally put an end to battle pirates all together.

    Well, sounds like your just mad you wont have a 10 hit 2 day bubble, not that your dock can get sniped. With the system we play with right now and the 10 hit bubble, people can kill your dock in 1 hit, return 2 1/2 later before your dock is repaired and continue this process forever. Guess what, this hardly happens in the game so I doubt its going to get worse just because you wont get a 10 hit bubble.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Firefly81
    Firefly81
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 84
    Well, sounds like your just mad you wont have a 10 hit 2 day bubble, not that your dock can get sniped. With the system we play with right now and the 10 hit bubble, people can kill your dock in 1 hit, return 2 1/2 later before your dock is repaired and continue this process forever. Guess what, this hardly happens in the game so I doubt its going to get worse just because you wont get a 10 hit bubble.

    It will get worse because the over 100 of us who can not hit bases and do not do anyone any harm in this game no longer can do anything to protect ourselves. The bubble is literally our only defense against being farmed. If they would fix the problem I wouldn't care but with the way it is right now where there are SO many who can't even do base battles it isn't fair to us.
  • CaptShadow_FOFF
    CaptShadow_FOFF
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 83
    hey are you firefly from sector 8
  • Firefly81
    Firefly81
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 84
    hey are you firefly from sector 8
    yes i am Fernando
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    Firefly81 wrote: »
    It will get worse because the over 100 of us who can not hit bases and do not do anyone any harm in this game no longer can do anything to protect ourselves. The bubble is literally our only defense against being farmed.

    So salvage for resources while your bubbles up. If you hit other players to defend them (which doesnt make sense to me as only 1 player can battle against another at a time) you should expect retalliation. Ninjaing isnt really defending anything, either the players base held the person out or it didnt and the player is already on his way back to their base with that players resources.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • CaptShadow_FOFF
    CaptShadow_FOFF
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 83
    =D Its me CaptShadow
  • PimpDaddyRay
    PimpDaddyRay
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 116
    Total Bullshit and just another moneymaking gimmick..lol..watch and see how many of your players leave the game..
  • Firefly81
    Firefly81
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 84
    So salvage for resources while your bubbles up. If you hit other players to defend them (which doesnt make sense to me as only 1 player can battle against another at a time) you should expect retalliation.
    So essentially no one can help anyone in this game and no one should expect bugs to be fixed so the game is actually playable and no one but the higher players should matter at all...is that what you are getting at?
This discussion has been closed.