cudas with 75 sonar range

Samuel Tsao
Samuel Tsao
Strike-force Captain
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 863
edited 27 Aug 2012, 3:05AM
just had a battel with cudas v cudas and the otehr cudas had a 75 sonar range is that possible?
gotmilk78, TPC alliance, end game player, non-coiner

bp: lvl 55 proud owner of barracuda Goliath, striker cruiser, e battecruiser destroyer indracdictor, mc, mcx, dread x, spectre
"difference between insec hitting and not? u can see the **** people say when u destroy them"
i judge a player by himself, not by his affiliation
user id: 2298065 think im hacking caused you got destroyed? well try me
  • DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,335
    just had a battel with cudas v cudas and the otehr cudas had a 75 sonar range is that possible?
    no cuda's don't have 75 sonar range
     [GOAT] DOC
  • kasper
    kasper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 64
    if u put sonar 3 with detection range armor and the torp from the last raid yr it is
  • wizzpete
    wizzpete
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 489
    kasper wrote: »
    if u put sonar 3 with detection range armor and the torp from the last raid yr it is

No it's not. Sonar 3 gives you a detection range of 25. You interpretation of the drac torpedoes and armour is wrong. The Armour decreases the range you can detected at by enemy craft by 5, and the torpedoes have a detectable range by others of 40 instead of 30 for havocs. Neither have any effect on your detection range of other subs.
  • Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    am i able to assume this is a hack than?

bp: lvl 55 proud owner of barracuda Goliath, striker cruiser, e battecruiser destroyer indracdictor, mc, mcx, dread x, spectre
    "difference between insec hitting and not? u can see the **** people say when u destroy them"
  • Cyaneye
    Cyaneye
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 992
    A Barracuda has a maximum sonar range of...
    -55 for detecting Predators
    -60 for detecting other Barracudas
    -70 for detecting Stalkers

If you want to take them out, try the caterpillar drive and the drac armor s
    "Jack of all trades, master of none."
    The M wrote: »
    Cyaneye is 100% correct as far as I understand this.
    While the submarine is vastly superior to the boat in every way, over 97% of people still use boats for aquatic transportation.
  • DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    Cyaneye wrote: »
    A Barracuda has a maximum sonar range of...
    -55 for detecting Predators
    -60 for detecting other Barracudas
    -70 for detecting Stalkers

If you want to take them out, try the caterpillar drive and the drac armor s

wrong a cuda has the same detection range for any sub!
    max range on cuda's with sonar 3 is 50-55

@Samuel Tsao i wouldn't say hack could be a glitch, kixeye did do a small update yesterday. send in a ticket and have them look into it tho just encase
     [GOAT] DOC
  • Cyaneye
    Cyaneye
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 992
    Snake_Doc wrote: »

@Samuel Tsao i wouldn't say hack could be a glitch, kixeye did do a small update yesterday. send in a ticket and have them look into it tho just encase

Actually, detection range depends on the sub, according to Paul Preece. The Detection range for a predator is 30, 35 for a barracuda, and 45 for a stalker.

In other words, a ship with NO SONAR can see a stalker at 45 range, while one that does have sonar can see it at 70 range. (45+25)
    Not read the entire thread but... intrinsic detection range is a property of the sub and not the ship. Subs come with a base range at which they can be detected. Plug sonar onto a ship and this sonar range gets added to the sub's detection range. Different subs have different intrinsic detection ranges.

Predator: 30
    Stalker: 45
    Baracuda: 35
    "Jack of all trades, master of none."
    While the submarine is vastly superior to the boat in every way, over 97% of people still use boats for aquatic transportation.
  • Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 83
    Originally Posted by Paul Preece
    Not read the entire thread but... intrinsic detection range is a property of the sub and not the ship. Subs come with a base range at which they can be detected. Plug sonar onto a ship and this sonar range gets added to the sub's detection range. Different subs have different intrinsic detection ranges.

Predator: 30
    Stalker: 45
    Baracuda: 35

According to that a stalker sub can see enemy subs at a maximum of 70 units away with sonar 3, predator sub can see an enemy sub at a maximum of 55 units away with sonar 3, Baracuda can see an enemy sub at a maximum of 60 units away with sonar 3.
    DON'T CRY HACKER IF I GET IN YOUR BASE! JUST ACCEPT THE FACT YOUR BASE SUCKS!

Can not help those who wont help themselves.
  • DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    Cyaneye wrote: »
    Actually, detection range depends on the sub, according to Paul Preece. The Detection range for a predator is 30, 35 for a barracuda, and 45 for a stalker.

In other words, a ship with NO SONAR can see a stalker at 45 range, while one that does have sonar can see it at 70 range. (45+25)

LMFAO

first it would help if you actually read the thread and understood what the op was asking.

2nd you posted a quote from paul without understanding how it relates to the op's question and not understanding how detection ranges and sonar ranges work.

I'll try to explain it to you. the ranges he posted is when a submerged sub becomes visible to a surface fleet that is not using sonar. IE say you have preds and your enemy has sw's without sonar you will become visible to the sw's if you get closer than 30 range from the sw's

however when your using subs to hunt other subs you don't use those ranges. you use the base sonar ranges of the subs which are not 30, 45 and 35.

preds and cuda's have a base sonar range of 25. stalkers have a base sonar range of 50. so if you add sonar 3 to preds and cuda's you will see other subs at a range of 50 (25+25=50). if you add sonar3 to a stalker u will see other subs at a range of 75. (50+25=75)
     [GOAT] DOC
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    LMFAO

first it would help if you actually read the thread and understood what the op was asking.

2nd you posted a quote from paul without understanding how it relates to the op's question and not understanding how detection ranges and sonar ranges work.

I'll try to explain it to you. the ranges he posted is when a submerged sub becomes visible to a surface fleet that is not using sonar. IE say you have preds and your enemy has sw's without sonar you will become visible to the sw's if you get closer than 30 range from the sw's

however when your using subs to hunt other subs you don't use those ranges. you use the base sonar ranges of the subs which are not 30, 45 and 35.

preds and cuda's have a base sonar range of 25. stalkers have a base sonar range of 50. so if you add sonar 3 to preds and cuda's you will see other subs at a range of 50 (25+25=50). if you add sonar3 to a stalker u will see other subs at a range of 75. (50+25=75)

So where on earth does it say (or a kixeye employee comfirmed) that prepators have a base sonar range of 25?

TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    Snake_doc

Nice Sig "DON'T CRY HACKER IF I GET IN YOUR BASE! JUST EXCEPT THE FACT YOUR BASE SUCKS!" mind if i steal? get tired of people screaming hacker every chance they can. not my fault they dont know how to build their fleets/bases

• DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    So where on earth does it say (or a kixeye employee comfirmed) that prepators have a base sonar range of 25?

i'd have to dig it up but when preds first came out i believe it was swag that said all ships have a base sonar range of 25 unless otherwise stated in the ship stats
     [GOAT] DOC
  • DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    Jonjon212 wrote: »
    Snake_doc

Nice Sig "DON'T CRY HACKER IF I GET IN YOUR BASE! JUST EXCEPT THE FACT YOUR BASE SUCKS!" mind if i steal? get tired of people screaming hacker every chance they can. not my fault they dont know how to build their fleets/bases

go for it i don't care :)
     [GOAT] DOC
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162

I went and re-read that old thread and came across my own post in it and the reply from Paul to that post. So just to shoot the thought that subs go off a different detection range than normal ships out of the water, here it is.
    So basically a stalker can be detected at 45 by any ship?
    Then you add 50 bonus detection range the stalker hull has (just like you would add sonar) then allows a stalker to detect another stalker at a range of (45+50) 95.
    So a stalker can be detected at a range of 95 by stalkers without sonar?
    And cudas can be detected at a range of 85 by stalkers without sonar?

If I've got that right.
    As I understand it, yes.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    that cant be right cause ive gone against stalkers without sonar 3 using my cudas and they werent firing at me. from what i remember from pauls post was that stalkers received a boosted detection range to a base of 50 to combat cudas so with sonar 3 it would boost it up to 75. why would someone need a detection range of 95 when torpedos havocs only fire at 72

• BP_Carpe_Diem
    BP_Carpe_Diem
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 176
    To know where your subs are and move the flag ship away, or make sure the sb3 missile hit you without your subs being able to counteratack yet?
    Carpe_Diem
  • Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    To know where your subs are and move the flag ship away, or make sure the sb3 missile hit you without your subs being able to counteratack yet?

that still can be done with a range of 75

• Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    ok....so barracudas can have a range of 60 sonar range, but where did u guys get the information of cuda's base detection range? it doesnt show up on the hull info

• Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    ok....so barracudas can have a range of 60 sonar range, but where did u guys get the information of cuda's base detection range? it doesnt show up on the hull info

try looking in your shipyard, that usually gives more info on the ships in question. id do it myself and tell you for sure but like always my shipyard is working over time

• Cutler
    Cutler
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 756
    I went and re-read that old thread and came across my own post in it and the reply from Paul to that post. So just to shoot the thought that subs go off a different detection range than normal ships out of the water, here it is.

so with sonar we are talking 100+ detection range?

that cant be right cuz i have fought stalker vs stalker both with sonar and they didnt detect each other until in torpedo range which i believe is 74/75
    BP Name - Cutler
    Alliance - SF1

• James Thomas Ellison
    James Thomas Ellison
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 945

Don't BE A CACK....wait thats encouraged lol.

I ACCEPT that you may be right, but subs are for pusses.......yes I am jealous and want the cudas.....bring em back for a prize!!!!
    It's a pirate game, quit your cryassing already 
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    enough yip yap post some videos or screenshots. I have the old paul breece thread bookmarked and unless someone can show different evidence I assume he's right. Any ship can detect a predator at 30,stalker at 45,cuda at 35. If that ship is a sub with bonus detection range like the stalker or bc then you add that to the number. A stalker can detect another stalker at 95 range without sonar 3. The stalker can be detected by any ship at 45 range+the 50 bonus detection range the 2nd stalker has=95 range detection when 1 stalker vs 1 stalker/no sonar 3. And of course when a stalker or bc detects a sub the whole fleet shares the detection range and can fire their weapons,missiles need laser targeting to hit submerged subs.
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    i dont know the math but i do know that with with my sw battle crusier fleet i can see subs of any kind around 100 because i am shooting at them the second they come into sfb3 range wich is what like 96 and i see them for a second before i shoot
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • stejak
    stejak
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 193
    i dont know the math but i do know that with with my sw battle crusier fleet i can see subs of any kind around 100 because i am shooting at them the second they come into sfb3 range wich is what like 96 and i see them for a second before i shoot

That is accurate depending on the sub your are detecting. If you have a BC with sonar 3, you could detect a cuda at a range of 110 (35+50+25)
  • Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    enough yip yap post some videos or screenshots. I have the old paul breece thread bookmarked and unless someone can show different evidence I assume he's right. Any ship can detect a predator at 30,stalker at 45,cuda at 35. If that ship is a sub with bonus detection range like the stalker or bc then you add that to the number. A stalker can detect another stalker at 95 range without sonar 3. The stalker can be detected by any ship at 45 range+the 50 bonus detection range the 2nd stalker has=95 range detection when 1 stalker vs 1 stalker/no sonar 3. And of course when a stalker or bc detects a sub the whole fleet shares the detection range and can fire their weapons,missiles need laser targeting to hit submerged subs.
    i had long sunk his flag ship which is a sw, wasnt going to get myself distracted in battle by taking a screen shot as it was already hard enough and as i said it was a cuda v cuda, no more flag ships and for the ,missles to fire, they need to see me but to see me at maximum range is not possible unless its bc or the tactical module that makes my ships float up

• Rhonija
    Rhonija
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 205
    stejak wrote: »
    That is accurate depending on the sub your are detecting. If you have a BC with sonar 3, you could detect a cuda at a range of 110 (35+50+25)

I have seen a Battlecruiser with sonar 3 targeting a diving predatorsub short time before reaching the range from 96.2, maybe it was 100.
  • Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    stejak wrote: »

wait wait why is there 3 factors? its base detection range and sonar right?

• kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    You can detect a sub at different ranges.

How do you know that they were at max range?
    They can shoot and run. When they air up, they may appear at max range.
    But go down in the water again and voila, hit you and run.

IF they have the stuff, they can do it without you seeing even if you both are driving cudas..
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    wizzpete wrote: »
    No it's not. Sonar 3 gives you a detection range of 25. You interpretation of the drac torpedoes and armour is wrong. The Armour decreases the range you can detected at by enemy craft by 5, and the torpedoes have a detectable range by others of 40 instead of 30 for havocs. Neither have any effect on your detection range of other subs.

you get an automatic range of 35 agianst cudas 45 stalker 25s preds :P
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    wait wait why is there 3 factors? its base detection range and sonar right?

any ship can detect a cuda at 35 range,50 bonus detection range in the stalker,and 25 for the sonar 3. 35+50+25.