How are you preparing for the Storm Warning Event?

Dark Lord Chuckles
Dark Lord Chuckles
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,230
edited 29 Aug 2012, 6:00PM
I honestly have no clue how to prepare for this event. I'm about 2 days from finishing the level 4 upgrade for the tactical lab and haven't started any research yet. I guess it is time to build some arbiters and maybe even use the even to level up my Goliaths.

Any other suggestions or comments?
Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • Benjamin Becker
    Benjamin Becker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,436
    instant repair seawolfs, just as always.
    Raid Hulls:
    Corvette, Destroyer, and a few others...
  • tunder.
    tunder.
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 2,086
    sleeping :p
    Retired, Not playing BP with planes in it.
  • robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    check a drac base they changed it all :(
  • TwiiztingTiigerz
    TwiiztingTiigerz
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,195
    robertg wrote: »
    check a drac base they changed it all :(

¨There are still drac bases out there? :o:D
    Mar10e wrote: »
    *Hands Twiiizting a cookie ;)
    That's what she said.
    BP Name: JackSparrow - Lvl 47 Raid Hulls: Hammerhead Hull A, Strike Cruiser, Battle Cruiser
    Visited Sectors: 103,10,103,104,103,140,103,140,299,452,191,103,117,103,292,280,336,103,312,380,488,16,103,268,449,180,315,311,393,217,29,427,268
  • Scott_C
    Scott_C
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 22
    thats the idea.. you are not supposed to be able to prepare for something you know nothing about :) that way you have to pay more when the time comes
  • freeedom
    freeedom
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,255
    If all the voodoo potter brooms and wands are needed for this new event then i won't be playing.

I would say defo prepare your fvf fleets.
    freedom  NBK                                                                                                                     

Lv66 - ID 990134                                                                                                              

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom14639?feature=mhee

• Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    my preparations will involve spending any free cash i have in advance and giving my bank card to the wife so even if tempted i cant spend.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • Buddah
    Buddah
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 128
    Stock up on beer and rum
  • tunder.
    tunder.
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 2,086
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    my preparations will involve spending any free cash i have in advance and giving my bank card to the wife so even if tempted i cant spend.

then giving in and spending a grand on the game
    Retired, Not playing BP with planes in it.
  • SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,356
    Instant repair sea wolfes and SS and subs :D
    BP Level: 59
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mcconnor8

• RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    it says its a fleet vs fleet event so does that mean it will be all fleets in drac bases or out on open water nobody knows yet .. so how you prepare is take whatever you have and use it .. get some money on your credit caRD CAUSE AFTER ALL these raids are about damage and repairs which if you dont coin take forever..lol
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    i think i will explain, leak and expose all the different methods you can use to win every prize in the raid without spending a penny. Day 1 of the raid i will make a thread with videos and a full guide of how it can be done for free. stay tuned.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    i think i will explain, leak and expose all the different methods you can use to win every prize in the raid without spending a penny. Day 1 of the raid i will make a thread with videos and a full guide of how it can be done for free. stay tuned.

And if you manage to do that with forsaken-equipment-only it would even be useful to everyone.

How I prepare for every raid where there's no info beyond "prepare!" : carry on doing what I would've been doing anyway. For a while I was trying to make about ten different kinds of fleets at the same time, so I have a wide assortment of ships (just not five of anything). Something is bound to be useful.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
    Incursion Leader

Thansk Relentless, will be relying on it just hope Kixeye dont try to cpoyright ban your video and close down your thread lol
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:

• William Brixon
    William Brixon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,217
    I'm putting Lasers back on the SW. They did not make any difference on the bases in the BI events, but should help against fleets.
    Death_Wind - BP Level 72 - Sectors: 194 -> 216 -> 345 -> 283 -> 216 -> 246 -> 101 -> 436 -> 1 -> 217 -> 283 -> 1 -> 170 -> 217 -> 116 -> 466 -> 217 -> 395 -> 487 -> 177 -> 400 -> 270 -> 217 -> 254 -> 323 -> 232  -> 445 -> 359 -> 267 -> 184 -> 497 -> 114 -> 184 -> 1 -> 217 -> 184 -> 217 ->436 ->283 -> 323 -> 283
    https://www.youtube.com/user/krisbrixon
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    Tempted to start making my HHs into assault missile fleet.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• techniques
    techniques
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 176
    Reparing all fleets and start building more subs and SW
    BYM Level: 34-36 (Quit, Can't remember my level)
    BP Level: 34
    WC Level: 31
    VC Level: 37
    Tome: Immortal Arena Beta Tester
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Thansk Relentless, will be relying on it just hope Kixeye dont try to cpoyright ban your video and close down your thread lol

If they did that i would walk away from the game. but it wouldn't surprise me. Either way ill leak it ill make a fb page if they do. and do it for every raid.
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Sprouts wrote: »
    And if you manage to do that with forsaken-equipment-only it would even be useful to everyone.

How I prepare for every raid where there's no info beyond "prepare!" : carry on doing what I would've been doing anyway. For a while I was trying to make about ten different kinds of fleets at the same time, so I have a wide assortment of ships (just not five of anything). Something is bound to be useful.

Ill try and make it as easy and simple as possible. Ill use as basic tech as i can or post multiple options of how it can be done.
  • AL CAPONE
    AL CAPONE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 663
    Nothing...........Labor Day weekend here but they must get more cash this way thinking the 30% of BP players who work have it off lol Maybe I play a few days maybe I won't have to see what it's about. Honestly hope it pisses me off, trying to not play this game just waiting for the "epic" change that makes me recycle the base
    FARMIN_FORTIES   (formerly AL_CAPONE)-level 70-Former Coiner
    Incursion Leader
    Ill try and make it as easy and simple as possible. Ill use as basic tech as i can or post multiple options of how it can be done.

I am making sure I have my fleets refit in all situations, a instant repair thud sw fleet, cudas, 2 instant repair missile fleets and RA3 High health fleets as I am guessing they will want us to take damage with sfb3 missiles
    Youtube Channel:

• subluver
    subluver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 208
    I'll be away a couple days so definitely wont be playing. The game barely works anymore anyway so I dont see the point. It doesnt matter what ships I have or have won if I cant use em to hit a base anyway. I already have fleets to kill salvs.
  • Jim Shaw
    Jim Shaw
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 50
    How are we preparing? Well, in Sector 56 most of us are having extra S.O.S. messages and failed Battle Connections, with players form Africa, US, UK, Mainland Europe and Australia. Thanks for the extra practice Kixeye! :mad:
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,655
    Jim Shaw wrote: »
    How are we preparing? Well, in Sector 56 most of us are having extra S.O.S. messages and failed Battle Connections, with players form Africa, US, UK, Mainland Europe and Australia. Thanks for the extra practice Kixeye! :mad:

this is normal procedure sadly enough in BP last days. maybe a try to let us coin repairs for continues income for Kixeye .....
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    well if its fvf combat then unless they make drastic changes to how rubbish drac tech auto pilot fleets are missile fleets will be very very usefull especially fast missile fleets like no armour wolfs or no armour scorps packing engines sfb3 and lasers 3. The reason FvF has died out in the current game is because its easy and boring. it takes me a few seconds to look at a fleet set up and then know exactly how to counter it. and im sure this new event will be the same as that. With kixeyes current direction im sort of expecting ufos and more magic wands. perhaps gandalf will jump out of a drac boat shouting you cannot pass and freeze your fleet in motion instantly.

I will figure out the raid on day 1 hour 1 but it may be too late to refitt in time for it. Either way i will go out of my way to keep people from coining and try to help everyone win for free.
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    With kixeyes current direction im sort of expecting ufos and more magic wands. perhaps gandalf will jump out of a drac boat shouting you cannot pass and freeze your fleet in motion instantly.

lmao thats goin in my sig
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    lol Always gets me the amount of time, resources and money that people waste on refitting fleets JUST for events. If you'd build them right the first time there would be no need to refit and prepare for every single event other than to build new ships or upgrade weapons.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • BlaZe ProdiGy
    BlaZe ProdiGy
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,091
    plenty of lunges, star jumps and press ups! :)
    Name: IDOLIZE [ENVY]
    Level: 57
    Sectors visited: 200,260,498,112,140,92,370,169,95,192,
  • Forbidden Warrior
    Forbidden Warrior
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 324
    I honestly have no clue how to prepare for this event. I'm about 2 days from finishing the level 4 upgrade for the tactical lab and haven't started any research yet. I guess it is time to build some arbiters and maybe even use the even to level up my Goliaths.

Any other suggestions or comments?

im not im doing an event on wc at the moment
    Battle Pirates (retired): Ahoy. home sector: ??? I was banned lol Sectors visited: 2, 82, 112, 119, 120, 121, 153, 228, 264, 380, 386, 388, 432, 489 Raid Hulls Won: Battle Cruiser
    War Commander (retired): Look at my name. home sector: 25 Alliance: Brotherhood of NOD Raid Prizes Won: Elite Gatling Truck, honey badger & a puppy, but creeping on that shiny death bird the Warhawk ;) 
    Vega Conflict: Forbidden Warrior. home sector 6400 Home planet 6416
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,260
    Stocking up on redbull, snacks and clearing my calender lol. I wonder if they are adding another map speed special with the now open sectors as a raid prize.
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.