Handing over the event units to lower levels

Mr. MaGoo
Mr. MaGoo
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 260
edited 23 Aug 2012, 9:10PM
Don`t get me wrong here I like to help the lower levels but not in the events. I feel that if you can`t do it yourself you don`t deserve to get the new unit. Your time will come just like ours has. I really thank KIXEYE needs to do away with the map events to stop higher levels from handing the new units over to their lower level friends or find away where that can`t happen. :confused: Again I like helping the lower levels all I can but not in the way of handing them the new units. I have helped many in certain strategies that would give them a better chance to get the unit on their own but I don`t like just handing the unit to them.Guess that`s just the OLD SCHOOL in me. You got to work for it to get it.
I don`t know what they done to me  :worried:  but I remember,  o.O  It was HORRIBLE!
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    yes i agree....u should help em grow up but not give the units,..if it was like that....lower lvl will not work hard and start leaning spamming with kondor ...
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    Don`t get me wrong here I like to help the lower levels but not in the events. I feel that if you can`t do it yourself you don`t deserve to get the new unit. Your time will come just like ours has. I really thank KIXEYE needs to do away with the map events to stop higher levels from handing the new units over to their lower level friends or find away where that can`t happen. :confused: Again I like helping the lower levels all I can but not in the way of handing them the new units. I have helped many in certain strategies that would give them a better chance to get the unit on their own but I don`t like just handing the unit to them.Guess that`s just the OLD SCHOOL in me. You got to work for it to get it.
    the way the XP is awarded this time may help with that. We get XP based mostly on defenses and units taken out
      WC ID 3439259
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    Redeemer wrote: »
    the way the XP is awarded this time may help with that. We get XP based mostly on defenses and units taken out
    Here's the link..http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=254065
      WC ID 3439259
  • Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,406
    Redeemer wrote: »

I agree as well, it seems having all in an alliance have the big weapons is helpful, but not if the low levels never learned to fight a base

Yeah, props to KIXEYE... they have put the points mainly in defense units from what I read. if the CC and storage give few points then the help is meaningless. At the same time KIXEYE will have low level bases that low levels can hit to get things like the dog or warhawk, etc. if they are willing to put in the time needed.
    The following seems to be a LIE
     We've had it with bugs, and we are committed to improving your game-play experience over anything else.

• Mr. MaGoo
    Mr. MaGoo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 260
    AWESOME KIXEYE !! ;) That will help in the matter of my thread but don`t thank it will stop it. And THANK YOU Redeemer for the link I totally missed that thread and I try and search before I make a thread. My bad on this 1. :o
    I don`t know what they done to me  :worried:  but I remember,  o.O  It was HORRIBLE!
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Co-Founder KIXEYE and all round good guy!
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 3,647
    We are OK with friends and allies helping each other out where they can. We have designed this event to leave that option open but to prevent the abuse of it.

• Some of the higher level prizes will require mid to high level tech centers, low level players simply won't be able to unlock them.
    • The majority of XP available in a base is tied to units and defensive turrets, a player can go in and remove these and leave all other buildings for their friends but they wont get as much XP. No risk = reduced reward.
    Follow: TheCritters | Subscribe: Facebook 
    What would Gabe do?
  • INSANESKITTLES
    INSANESKITTLES
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 536
    We are OK with friends and allies helping each other out where they can. We have designed this event to leave that option open but to prevent the abuse of it.

• Some of the higher level prizes will require mid to high level tech centers, low level players simply won't be able to unlock them.
    • The majority of XP available in a base is tied to units and defensive turrets, a player can go in and remove these and leave all other buildings for their friends but they wont get as much XP. No risk = reduced reward.

what about mortars? do they provide big points like the turrets? They are defensive structures. :D
    Facebook.com/danny2tone
    The Mad Hatter
  • Steve Morrow
    Steve Morrow
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 375
    I think that with the new scoring deal, it's not going to be as easy as it was in the other events to help the lower level players get XP.
    Wow, are you effin serious :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    DarkShadowWolf
    User ID: 2592027
    Level 33 Admin in DarkShadows
    Playing since: March 2012
    Unlocked: Everything except Shock Turret, Slayer Drone
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    what about mortars? do they provide big points like the turrets? They are defensive structures. :D
    You answered your own question. Yes.

If it can hurt you = big XP
    If it sits there doing nothing = little XP
    What would Gabe do?
  • Y I Man
    Y I Man
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 164
    any news on the video boss? :D
  • Upgrader
    Upgrader
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,249

And what about the Mine Factory? The building itself won't do anything, but the mines sure will.
    War Commander: LVL 33
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825

I like this very usefull in keeping order.
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• David Scott
    David Scott
    Upgrader wrote: »
    And what about the Mine Factory? The building itself won't do anything, but the mines sure will.
    You don't get XP for standing on a mine :)
    You get very little XP for taking out a mine factory
    What would Gabe do?
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    You don't get XP for standing on a mine :)
    You get very little XP for taking out a mine factory
    No XP for wounded Warriors?;)
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam

• GotCox
    GotCox
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 279

So i am confused...mortars are only worth little XP? lol cause all they do is set there shooting at something, but never hurting anything. :P Well maybe a dog or 2 riflemen will die by them.
    Sector 233
    Battling day and night against 3 alliances...solo.
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    GotCox wrote: »
    So i am confused...mortars are only worth little XP? lol cause all they do is set there shooting at something, but never hurting anything. :P Well maybe a dog or 2 riflemen will die by them.
    Mortars, Gun Turrets, all defending units = damaging them gives you the majority of a bases XP
    Everything else (Command Center, resource storage, everything except walls) = damaging them gives you a little bit of XP
    What would Gabe do?
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Mortars, Gun Turrets, all defending units = damaging them gives you the majority of a bases XP
    Everything else (Command Center, resource storage, everything except walls) = damaging them gives you a little bit of XP
    Will we see the XP we are getting in battle as we Rack them up?

• Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader

lots of XP for the planes that will try to rain on my parade as well?
     We've had it with bugs, and we are committed to improving your game-play experience over anything else.

• Gabriel Wojnicki
    Gabriel Wojnicki
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 9
    Just wondering if hellfires will be mixed in the defense?
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Will we see the XP we are getting in battle as we Rack them up?
    Yes, it updates every second
    What would Gabe do?
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Otheym wrote: »
    lots of XP for the planes that will try to rain on my parade as well?
    No, because they just keep on coming a player could sit outside the base with all AA units and just rack up infinite XP, this is why air defenses give no XP.
    We is smart ;)
    What would Gabe do?
  • Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader
    No, because they just keep on coming

that is a serious clue to the hassles that await us

omg-eye-chart.jpg

• Time2Die69
    Time2Die69
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 623
    David, If your base is in DP from an attacker will you lose DP when you attack an Event Base or will DP remain? This is being asked because of problem players in certain sectors. Everyone should have the fair right to take part in Redsky without jerkoffs constantly DPing their base and stealing their resources and costing too much repair time.
  • -Overlord-
    -Overlord-
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,471
    No, because they just keep on coming a player could sit outside the base with all AA units and just rack up infinite XP, this is why air defenses give no XP.
    We is smart ;)

In other words air defence is an obstacle for my gattling trucks to pwn, but avoidable. Or will they fly and protect/defend areas of the base? I take it the air units will fly after our ground units in attack formation huh? :P

As Optimus Prime would have said: Autobots transform and, roll out!
  • William Mossmayer III
    William Mossmayer III
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1
    So Dave you are telling me that since im a low lvl even if i put in the work to get the exp for all of the event units i cant unlock them since im to low of a lvl... How is this fair in the way that the low lvls will not be allowed to acquire the units that they unlock. or are you saying that i can unlock them but i cant use them until my tech center comes to lvl that they are.. i would love for you to explain the situation plz.. thank you
  • Solx
    Solx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 101

Honestly I think that you should be able to purchase the unit form the store even if your Tech Center is to low. But the unit will still be locked from PRODUCTION until your Tech Center is high enough. This way they still have to level up the Tech Center to MAKE the unit, but they will have the "Blueprints" unitl then.
  • Time2Die69
    Time2Die69
    Strike-force Captain
    Solx wrote: »
    Honestly I think that you should be able to purchase the unit form the store even if your Tech Center is to low. But the unit will still be locked from PRODUCTION until your Tech Center is high enough. This way they still have to level up the Tech Center to MAKE the unit, but they will have the "Blueprints" unitl then.

I think if you are lower lvl but good enough to get the points to purchase it them you should be able to purchase and use the things.
  • Time2Die69
    Time2Die69
    Strike-force Captain
    Back to my question: David, If your base is in DP from an attacker will you lose DP when you attack an Event Base or will DP remain? This is being asked because of problem players in certain sectors. Everyone should have the fair right to take part in Redsky without jerkoffs constantly DPing their base and stealing their resources and costing too much repair time.
  • Jmac
    Jmac
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 39
    The event store is open for 48 hours after the event closes. The max you need your tech center level to be is level 5, which is very easy to get to (16 hours total from building the tech center from level 1 to level 5), plus you need a level 3 command center for that (4 hour upgrade from level 2). If you can get the xp for the ones that require a level 5 tech center, in the 2 days after (or even during the event) you should be able to easily get your tech center to the right level (if its not there already).
    "Look at me, mortar baiting with my dog, i'm so smart"
    wing drones fly in and gun it down
    "ow"
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    If a low level player gets 3000XP then they are not a low level player.
    The time to upgrade the TC is less than the duration of the event + the 48 hours after the event ends.
    What would Gabe do?