if someone admits to making a profit off this game is it bannable?

Conn Mann
Conn Mann
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 20
edited 17 Jul 2012, 11:57AM
just had a person in our sector admit that they get paid to *test* bases. last i checked thats breaking terms of service. is this bannable?
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    i don't know....your name says a lot, though.
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    I'm not gonna lie, back in the day someone paid me a $10 FB card to flatten some loudmouths base and it was one of the most fun things i ever did. Did the deed, snapped a screenie e-mailed it and he replied with a FB gift card ID#.

Forgive me Jesus, and Kixeye, it was a long time ago and I was young and foolish (this was when Levis with Diplos were my TOP base hitter)
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • erik
    erik
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 40
    I want that job
    If you base is Square I am there. Full of flacks you get jacked ..

Samsquanch is real and living on Battle pirates in a sec near you :cool:
  • Lou Seal
    Lou Seal
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 556
    To clarify, you are allowed to purchase things from other players with resources in the game (IE: Metal, Oil, Metal and Zynthium). You cannot purchase goods or services, virtual or otherwise from other players with real money or facebook credits or any other form of currency. Next time you see that, please take a screenshot and submit a ticket. We will crush them.

Haast - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you have never done this since that . If it happens again you will be banned from Battle Pirates, no questions asked.
  • Jw-Drowning
    Jw-Drowning
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,535
    To clarify, you are allowed to purchase things from other players with resources in the game (IE: Metal, Oil, Metal and Zynthium). You cannot purchase goods or services, virtual or otherwise from other players with real money or facebook credits or any other form of currency. Next time you see that, please take a screenshot and submit a ticket. We will crush them.

Haast - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you have never done this since that . If it happens again you will be banned from Battle Pirates, no questions asked.

Get 'em Lou! I think that might be a cool new feature to add. Gift some people some coins lol. I would bounty hunt if people paid me in facebook credits!!

** Not now, if it was allowed. :D
    JW-Drowning Leader of: The Drowning

Raid Ships Won:Hammer Head A,Battle Cruiser,Light Cruiser,Strike Cruiser,Destroyer,Dreadnought, Barracuda, Goliath,Interdictor
    Send In A Ticket
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base. I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,882
    Get 'em Lou! I think that might be a cool new feature to add. Gift some people some coins lol. I would bounty hunt if people paid me in facebook credits!!

** Not now, if it was allowed. :D

a new game called dust 514 is doing this same thing eve online players can pay u with real money to do **** for them
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician

Correct, I have not done it since. Nor was I aware at the time that it was a no-no.

This was a long long time ago
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571

So what you are saying is that you will sell/trade me all your Gold for my Oil, Energy, Metal and Zynthium. I accept. lol
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    humanevil wrote: »
    a new game called dust 514 is doing this same thing eve online players can pay u with real money to do **** for them

Technically this is what Diablo3 does too lol. Don't feel like farming gold? Buy some for a few bucks from someone with a mouse clicking addiction!
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Technically this is what Diablo3 does too lol. Don't feel like farming gold? Buy some for a few bucks from someone with a mouse clicking addiction!
    kixeye should look in to this idea but unless they take a cut from it i doubt it will ever happen shame really maybe they should stop concentrating 100% on profit and re focus some of it on good ideas???
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    kixeye should look in to this idea but unless they take a cut from it i doubt it will ever happen shame really maybe they should stop concentrating 100% on profit and re focus some of it on good ideas???

Problem is, it could be an awesome way to launder or move questionable money. Frankly, I don't know how Blizzard gets away with it in their RM auction house.

You could get like 100 chinese players for hire to post nonsense items for low values and use it as proxies for transferring cash. And from watching breaking bad, Blizzards cut would be pretty reasonable!
  • Tom Bullous
    Tom Bullous
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 157
    To clarify, you are allowed to purchase things from other players with resources in the game (IE: Metal, Oil, Metal and Zynthium).
    does this mean that if you was a small player like a level 25 or something and a level 30 creamed you you could ask a level higher than them like a level 34 player to hit them and offer them resources say so many sals (e.g. 100 level 25 salvages) for them using there high tech ships to cream the guy that creamed you.
    p.s. im a level 31, just asking to clarify and check ive understood this correctly
    georgie porgie swag and KIXEYE nerfed the subs and made them cry when the big ships came out and play georgie porgie relocated away

[QUOTE=frank22;1010345]sea wolfs with shockwaves with turn speed 2 and auto load and long range they wont touch u i do it all the time because you have a fast reload and longer range and there a good trick i use and its always deadly i got 1 fleet of wolfs for cargo ships and my 2nd fleet will be fleet vs fleet it reali aint about what you got on them its about how you use ur ships[/QUOTE]
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    does this mean that if you was a small player like a level 25 or something and a level 30 creamed you you could ask a level higher than them like a level 34 player to hit them and offer them resources say so many sals (e.g. 100 level 25 salvages) for them using there high tech ships to cream the guy that creamed you.
    p.s. im a level 31, just asking to clarify and check ive understood this correctly

Correct. I often get paid with 500% resource loads for testing peoples bases. Often, they don't even need to ask. I provide this service pre-emptively.
  • Quackgoesthe
    Quackgoesthe
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,706
    Correct. I often get paid with 500% resource loads for testing peoples bases. Often, they don't even need to ask. I provide this service pre-emptively.

Lol, never heard a better way to look at this.
    ([Damage] * (1 + [Damage Bonus])) / ([Reload] / (1 + [Reload bonus]) + 0.1 * ([Salvo] - 1)) = [DPS]
    Not factoring in splash or spread.
    (3200 * (1 + 0)) / (4 / (1 + 0) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 711
    (3200 * (1 + -0.65)) / (4 / (1 + 2) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 611

[QUOTE=KIXEYE CM MagicSarap;2643418]Actually, it's 815 trillion.
  • BobDaMahn
    BobDaMahn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 203
    "Top 10 Dumbest Threads"

Seriously who pays someone else in a video game to beat up a virtual opponent for them. SUPER NOOBS that's who!
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Problem is, it could be an awesome way to launder or move questionable money. Frankly, I don't know how Blizzard gets away with it in their RM auction house.

You could get like 100 chinese players for hire to post nonsense items for low values and use it as proxies for transferring cash. And from watching breaking bad, Blizzards cut would be pretty reasonable!

all i know is that in other games it works simple as but then they are companys that want to make loads of cash but also put a lot of effort in to their customers as well. the point is the other companys found a way to make cash and to have a game that works and is also enjoyable for all unlike kixeye who is 100% cash and thats it
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    "Top 10 Dumbest Threads"

Seriously who pays someone else in a video game to beat up a virtual opponent for them. SUPER NOOBS that's who!
    the game called dust 514 (i think it is) they pay and can be paid by eve online players to do stuff for them oh and they not noobs. if some of the people on these forums went out and experienced proper games they may hold back the silly comments...
  • Lou Seal
    Lou Seal
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 556
    humanevil - You've not actually said anything constructive to the thread at hand, either get on topic or I'll just delete your posts. Also, Blizzard takes a cut from every single auction house transaction handled with real money. It was an EXTREMELY profit-minded decision. Dust 514 has yet to be released, so no comment there. And finally, if KIXEYE didn't care about their customers, why did they hire me? Or Swag? Or any of the other CMs? If we're as evil and selfish as you claim, we must be terrible at it.
  • unforseen_crisis
    unforseen_crisis
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,891
    humanevil - You've not actually said anything constructive to the thread at hand, either get on topic or I'll just delete your posts. Also, Blizzard takes a cut from every single auction house transaction handled with real money. It was an EXTREMELY profit-minded decision. Dust 514 has yet to be released, so no comment there. And finally, if KIXEYE didn't care about their customers, why did they hire me? Or Swag? Or any of the other CMs? If we're as evil and selfish as you claim, we must be terrible at it.

well said lol

my alliance had a player that was "supposedly" paid to hit us because were were hitting in-sector. (didn't go so well for him...) needless to say i sent a ticket in and a few days later he said his contract was complete and left the sector as soon as he could

• Joseph Weller
    Joseph Weller
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 524
    I think it must happen, perhaps not a lot but definitely some, I know of at least one alliance that does it. I would personally take great satisfaction in knowing that someone was so p****d at me they paid someone actual fb credits to come and fail on my base, and if they had to relocate to me to do it they would get to be my farm for the week :D
    How doth the little crocodile
    Improve his shining tail,
    And pour the waters of the Nile
    On every golden scale!
    How cheerfully he seems to grin,
    How neatly spread his claws,
    And welcome little fishes in
    With gently smiling jaws!
  • Kevin Troy Walker
    Kevin Troy Walker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 86
    is he telling truth or fibs
  • someone_you_know
    someone_you_know
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 286

they were people with mouse clicking addiction in world of warcraft days. it was chinese companies who hire people to farm gold and sell it.
    [QUOTE=The R.;2809885]The insolent ignorance and atrocious arrogance Kixeye has yet again displayed here beggars believe, and proves, once and for all and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they do not care the least, tiniest bit about their customers' opinion. [/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=silentraeth;2207352]However this is Battle Pirates and Kixeye, the company with a unicorn for a logo, is in charge of it.[/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=Hast at work;2153477]THIS is the bullshit you people have been cooking up while your core gameplay gets staler than a mummies ****. [/QUOTE]
  • someone_you_know
    someone_you_know
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 286

LOL he got 500% from a "base test" today. it was funny.

ended the attack saying, "have a fine evening" ;)
    [QUOTE=The R.;2809885]The insolent ignorance and atrocious arrogance Kixeye has yet again displayed here beggars believe, and proves, once and for all and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they do not care the least, tiniest bit about their customers' opinion. [/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=silentraeth;2207352]However this is Battle Pirates and Kixeye, the company with a unicorn for a logo, is in charge of it.[/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=Hast at work;2153477]THIS is the bullshit you people have been cooking up while your core gameplay gets staler than a mummies ****. [/QUOTE]
  • DanniTrew
    DanniTrew
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 719
    Conn Mann wrote: »
    just had a person in our sector admit that they get paid to *test* bases. last i checked thats breaking terms of service. is this bannable?

They might have meant that they get paid the resources?
    DANNI-FF
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    BigBry
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 256
    the game called dust 514 (i think it is) they pay and can be paid by eve online players to do stuff for them oh and they not noobs. if some of the people on these forums went out and experienced proper games they may hold back the silly comments...

I've been participating in the Dust 514 closed beta and no you do not get paid real money in any way... You can earn game currency by performing tactical missions for in game "companies". You are an extension of the Eve online game battle system, the outcome of your battle determines whether or not they are able to obtain their objective. This has already been made public so I can say that much without violating the NDA, but no real money is ever involved.
    "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding... And I don't even own a tv!"(Flagpole Sitter by Harvey Danger)

If I sound like I give a **** about your opinion, I apologize for giving you the wrong impression...

Home Sector: 342
    Sectors visited: way too many to keep track of...
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    i think bp mercs would be a good thing, add spice to the game, better than sector police
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50**** me now?
  • Lois
    Lois
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,124
    Holy ****, this is against the rules? o.O OOPS
    LadyLois
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Lois wrote: »
    Holy ****, this is against the rules? o.O OOPS

Sending people topless pictures for FB credits is OK Lois, just IN GAME stuff is bad.

BTW where do I place an order? Spack won't let me into the fap club. Fan. i mean fan.
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    LOL he got 500% from a "base test" today. it was funny.

ended the attack saying, "have a fine evening" ;)

Well, the guy coined his D fleet after i sank it, and then pulled it after I asked nicely. Figured I'd save him some money and me some time.

It was a gentlemanly transaction.
This discussion has been closed.