azagoth wrote: »
    Cool kinda wondering about that time to build some stalkers

1 Day 3 hours just for hull

4 havoc's & sonar 3 brings it to 1 Day 22 Hours +/-
  • leohuangchunwang
    leohuangchunwang
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,046
    Look carefully at Havoc Torpedos' information. It says VISIBLE RANGE: 30. Which means that a sub with torps would be detected at least 30 range away(unless they fitted stuff that decreases visible range) no matter what you have.
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    Look carefully at Havoc Torpedos' information. It says VISIBLE RANGE: 30. Which means that a sub with torps would be detected at least 30 range away(unless they fitted stuff that decreases visible range) no matter what you have.

So?

Did you not even read the op? it's the ship detection that was in question.
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 650
    xRobx wrote: »
    There has been a heated debate going on the last few days, some claim the stalker has a base detection range of 50 which is added to the 30 that all ships have, making its base detection range without sonar 80, that would mean that a stalker would see an enemy sub underwater before it even entered max havok range, and adding sonar3 would give them a detection range of 105.

The opposing view (myself included) believes that the detection range of a stalker with out sonar was 50 (not 50+30=80), and that the only way a stalker will see an enemy sub as it enters max havok range of 75 is if it is equip with sonar3 (+25 detect)

Below is a video I took using a stalker with sonar3 paired with a sw with sfb3 cuts and laser3 against my pred subs with eng1 (no cat drive)
    The first run my pred surfaces too soon and was within sfb3 range and was killed while surfaced, the second go my pred was completely submerged and the stalker is stack right under the sw and as Im heading towards it, the stalker does not see me until my havok 4 range circle of 75 hits the stalker/sw location, then the sw fires its missiles and kills me underwater.

So the proof is in the pudding, a stalker with sonar3 has detection range of 75 NOT 105,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAIbtXRMw4&feature=youtu.be

Your vid is horrible quality. Still @ 1:21 it's obvious that the predator hasn't surfaced yet and has already been hit by missiles and it's not in torp range yet either. Then again with the 2nd sub @ 1:32 it's already getting hit by missiles by the time it gets into torp range. Play the vid frame by frame.

Obvious OP fail is obvious.
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    Derrick824 wrote: »
    Your vid is horrible quality. Still @ 1:21 it's obvious that the predator hasn't surfaced yet and has already been hit by missiles and it's not in torp range yet either. Then again with the 2nd sub @ 1:32 it's already getting hit by missiles by the time it gets into torp range. Play the vid frame by frame.

Obvious OP fail is obvious.

Yea well I'm playing on a crap netbook as I could give a **** about a computer or anything else, if I wanted graphics and to be able to make videos I would have a ps3 and a friggin iMac , the first pred surfaced idk what your talking about, the second pred was hit exactly as it hit 75 , so you do have a point that the missiles had to take time to fire, but it could have been the stalker that shot it.

But 105? No
    Stalker without sonar 75-80? NO

If its working out where it's longer or shorter in some cases it's something to do with the game GLITCHING.

HOW BOUT WE GET A DEV TO COMMENT ON THIS ??
  • MrTrollson
    MrTrollson
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,152
    Man Tim wrote: »
    Torpedo range is 75 mate.

oh well close enough
    I quit this game, it's complete crap, don't try to convince me to play again cause I recycled EVERYTHING to make sure I don't go back.
    All that's left is trolling the forums :p
  • Forbidden Warrior
    Forbidden Warrior
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 324
    There has been a heated debate going on the last few days, some claim the stalker has a base detection range of 50 which is added to the 30 that all ships have, making its base detection range without sonar 80, that would mean that a stalker would see an enemy sub underwater before it even entered max havok range, and adding sonar3 would give them a detection range of 105.

The opposing view (myself included) believes that the detection range of a stalker with out sonar was 50 (not 50+30=80), and that the only way a stalker will see an enemy sub as it enters max havok range of 75 is if it is equip with sonar3 (+25 detect)

Below is a video I took using a stalker with sonar3 paired with a sw with sfb3 cuts and laser3 against my pred subs with eng1 (no cat drive)
    The first run my pred surfaces too soon and was within sfb3 range and was killed while surfaced, the second go my pred was completely submerged and the stalker is stack right under the sw and as Im heading towards it, the stalker does not see me until my havok 4 range circle of 75 hits the stalker/sw location, then the sw fires its missiles and kills me underwater.

So the proof is in the pudding, a stalker with sonar3 has detection range of 75 NOT 105,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAIbtXRMw4&feature=youtu.be

you do realize you can zoom out of battles, fvf and fvb
    Battle Pirates (retired): Ahoy. home sector: ??? I was banned lol Sectors visited: 2, 82, 112, 119, 120, 121, 153, 228, 264, 380, 386, 388, 432, 489 Raid Hulls Won: Battle Cruiser
    War Commander (retired): Look at my name. home sector: 25 Alliance: Brotherhood of NOD Raid Prizes Won: Elite Gatling Truck, honey badger & a puppy, but creeping on that shiny death bird the Warhawk ;) 
    Vega Conflict: Forbidden Warrior. home sector 6400 Home planet 6416
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812
    Nice video Target shame I built stalkers before their update then scapped them

Maybe have to build more

Anyone else find it funny that the Ballistic Sub (capable of hitting land targets - Stalker) has a longer torpedoe detection range than the Hunter Killer (ship/sub hunter - Predator)

Shame that the original point of these ships has been lost
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • Charon
    Charon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 353
    Detection Range + Visible Range of the opposing submarine/torpedo. Torpedoes are always 30 Visible Range. Submarines have a base Visible Range of 30 and it changes with Caterpillar Drive and D2-S. Therefore, I don't need Sonar Pod to detect enemy Predators. If the enemy subs are Barracudas or other Stalkers, I'll need Sonar. This is my anti-sub setup (I haven't built it though, :lol:).

^^That's my understanding at least.
    Χάρων
    Sector 135
    My blood is blue, striped with white and the cross is in my heart!
    I have no need for your pitiful resources, so I'll take your dock and research for the fun of it.
    Every game's objective is to have fun.
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    the first pred surfaced idk what your talking about, the second pred was hit exactly as it hit 75 , so you do have a point that the missiles had to take time to fire, but it could have been the stalker that shot it.

You can live in denial all you want but the proof you're wrong is in your own vid. Pause the vid right at 1:21. The pred is obviously still submerged, still has blue left on the timer, is out of torp range, and has already been hit & received damage. The pred doesn't surface til 1:22. If you can't see that it's cause you're living in denial of your fail and don't want to see it.

Srsly, this has to be one of the worst noob fails I've seen on this forum.
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    Not read the entire thread but... intrinsic detection range is a property of the sub and not the ship. Subs come with a base range at which they can be detected. Plug sonar onto a ship and this sonar range gets added to the sub's detection range. Different subs have different intrinsic detection ranges.

Predator: 30
    Stalker: 45
    Baracuda: 35
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    I do not have sonar on any of these subs and was still able to see Ackabar's Stalker from outside torp range.

BPsubdetection.png
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    So basically a stalker can be detected at 45 by any ship?
    Then you add 50 bonus detection range the stalker hull has (just like you would add sonar) then allows a stalker to detect another stalker at a range of (45+50) 95.
    So a stalker can be detected at a range of 95 by stalkers without sonar?
    And cudas can be detected at a range of 85 by stalkers without sonar?

If I've got that right.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
    so is sonar pod 3 working as intended?

6-23-20122-33-03PM.jpg

6-23-20122-33-39PM.jpg
    BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    The M wrote: »
    So basically a stalker can be detected at 45 by any ship?
    Then you add 50 bonus detection range the stalker hull has (just like you would add sonar) then allows a stalker to detect another stalker at a range of (45+50) 95.
    So a stalker can be detected at a range of 95 by stalkers without sonar?
    And cudas can be detected at a range of 85 by stalkers without sonar?

If I've got that right.

As I understand it, yes.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain

I'm gonna guess that there was some kind of graphics glitch going on since you could see all my health bars but not the ships. Same way cudas are sometimes invisible to users when first entering battle with only health bars visible.
  • Kman
    Kman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 642
    I'm gonna guess that there was some kind of graphics glitch going on since you could see all my health bars but not the ships. Same way cudas are sometimes invisible to users when first entering battle with only health bars visible.

I can see the ships just fine :)
    Submerged ships just blend in with the water after the update.
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    You can live in denial all you want but the proof you're wrong is in your own vid. Pause the vid right at 1:21. The pred is obviously still submerged, still has blue left on the timer, is out of torp range, and has already been hit & received damage. The pred doesn't surface til 1:22. If you can't see that it's cause you're living in denial of your fail and don't want to see it.

Srsly, this has to be one of the worst noob fails I've seen on this forum.

You sir, are an ****. Plain and simple , thankfully Paul posted the intrinsic detection ranges and the fact that they are added to other ships in your fleet, this explains everything, this explains why some people needed sonar to see and some didnt. Tha k you Paul for clearing this up, but Derrick why don't you try realizing that this is a game with a lot of variables that effect things differently and can cause confusion, I have not even reviewed the video again after Paul's comment and do t need to, however just in case u r that stupid, I was referring to the first sub surfacing too early not the second one . Have a great day
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    You sir, are an ****. Plain and simple , thankfully Paul posted the intrinsic detection ranges and the fact that they are added to other ships in your fleet, this explains everything, this explains why some people needed sonar to see and some didnt. Tha k you Paul for clearing this up, but Derrick why don't you try realizing that this is a game with a lot of variables that effect things differently and can cause confusion, I have not even reviewed the video again after Paul's comment and do t need to, however just in case u r that stupid, I was referring to the first sub surfacing too early not the second one . Have a great day

Blah blah. You were still wrong. Your own vid shows you were wrong. Everyone else's pics/vids shows you were wrong. Yet you felt the need to argue with everyone if after being proven wrong. Now you're all ****-hurt about it. Truth hurts doesn't it.
  • Charon
    Charon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 353
    Not read the entire thread but... intrinsic detection range is a property of the sub and not the ship. Subs come with a base range at which they can be detected. Plug sonar onto a ship and this sonar range gets added to the sub's detection range. Different subs have different intrinsic detection ranges.

Predator: 30
    Stalker: 45
    Baracuda: 35

So, I was partially right about the Visible+Detection thing. Thank you for clarifying.

Wait, at what range can my Stalker without Sonar Pod detect your Barracuda with C-Drive 3? Is the "Cloak Efficiency" modifier applied to the intrinsic detection range your sub, or to the whole detection range [Detection+Visible (or whatever they are called)]?
    Χάρων
    Sector 135
    My blood is blue, striped with white and the cross is in my heart!
    I have no need for your pitiful resources, so I'll take your dock and research for the fun of it.
    Every game's objective is to have fun.
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Blah blah. You were still wrong. Your own vid shows you were wrong. Everyone else's pics/vids shows you were wrong. Yet you felt the need to argue with everyone if after being proven wrong. Now you're all ****-hurt about it. Truth hurts doesn't it.

I see your in the club of people that can't read, I admitted I was wrong but not until it was cleared up by kixeye because the detection rate varied and we didn't know why, now we know , and it had nothing to do with anyone's video , we finally got the info we needed from kixeye, WHICH IS THE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD to find out why it was reacting different in different instances , mission accomished. Your a forum troll , I feel bad for you. I think your mothers calling you .

Anyway tha is Paul for at least semi explaining it , this thread has served its purpose and needs to be shutdown, but I think a sticky on exactly how sonar works and how the sonar interacts with other subs/ ships in your own fleet as well as the enemies , also some more details about how the cat drive effects the defection rate.

Thanks
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    I see your in the club of people that can't read, I admitted I was wrong but not until it was cleared up by kixeye because the detection rate varied and we didn't know why, now we know , and it had nothing to do with anyone's video , we finally got the info we needed from kixeye, WHICH IS THE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD to find out why it was reacting different in different instances , mission accomished. Your a forum troll , I feel bad for you. I think your mothers calling you .

So now you've went from denial to delusional. Hahaha. There wasn't a single question in the op. You weren't trying to find anything out. It was you trying to act like you knew what the hell you were doing that was immediately followed by everyone explaining how wrong you were. Oh boy, silly noob is silly.
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    So now you've went from denial to delusional. Hahaha. There wasn't a single question in the op. You weren't trying to find anything out. It was you trying to act like you knew what the hell you were doing that was immediately followed by everyone explaining how wrong you were. Oh boy, silly noob is silly.

This was my favorite bit...