Stalker Detection Range Debate Tested **VIDEO**

xRobx
xRobx
Minor Nuisance
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
edited 25 Jun 2012, 4:37AM
There has been a heated debate going on the last few days, some claim the stalker has a base detection range of 50 which is added to the 30 that all ships have, making its base detection range without sonar 80, that would mean that a stalker would see an enemy sub underwater before it even entered max havok range, and adding sonar3 would give them a detection range of 105.

The opposing view (myself included) believes that the detection range of a stalker with out sonar was 50 (not 50+30=80), and that the only way a stalker will see an enemy sub as it enters max havok range of 75 is if it is equip with sonar3 (+25 detect)

Below is a video I took using a stalker with sonar3 paired with a sw with sfb3 cuts and laser3 against my pred subs with eng1 (no cat drive)
The first run my pred surfaces too soon and was within sfb3 range and was killed while surfaced, the second go my pred was completely submerged and the stalker is stack right under the sw and as Im heading towards it, the stalker does not see me until my havok 4 range circle of 75 hits the stalker/sw location, then the sw fires its missiles and kills me underwater.

So the proof is in the pudding, a stalker with sonar3 has detection range of 75 NOT 105,

  • MrTrollson
    MrTrollson
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,152
    you are wrong....if the detection range was 105 the stalker still wouldn't have shot since the range of torpedos is only 72.....but i think that the detection range is only 75 anyway because i have seen it from my stalkers
    I quit this game, it's complete crap, don't try to convince me to play again cause I recycled EVERYTHING to make sure I don't go back.
    All that's left is trolling the forums :p
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    you are wrong....if the detection range was 105 the stalker still wouldn't have shot since the range of torpedos is only 72.....but i think that the detection range is only 75 anyway because i have seen it from my stalkers

    But if 1 ship has sonar 3 all ships share its detection. If the stalkers sonar detection was 105 the sfb sw should have shot the pred well before it got in sonar range
    :)
  • God
    God
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 236
    just with that comment, u loose all credebility BECAUSE HAVOK HAVE 75 RANGE..... And thx for the tester, was tired of the people saying 105 detection range lol
    God lvl 51
    Mr H wrote: »
    god let this stupid idea die allready...................

    God wrote: »
    Die stupid idea!!!
  • God
    God
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 236
    just with that comment, u loose all credebility BECAUSE HAVOK HAVE 75 RANGE.....(dying thunder) And thx for the tester, was tired of the people saying 105 detection range lol
    God lvl 51
    Mr H wrote: »
    god let this stupid idea die allready...................

    God wrote: »
    Die stupid idea!!!
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    God wrote: »
    just with that comment, u loose all credebility BECAUSE HAVOK HAVE 75 RANGE.....(dying thunder) And thx for the tester, was tired of the people saying 105 detection range lol

    the sfb3 has 96 range. if the stalker had 105 the sw would have shot at the subs
    :)
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    you are wrong....if the detection range was 105 the stalker still wouldn't have shot since the range of torpedos is only 72.....but i think that the detection range is only 75 anyway because i have seen it from my stalkers

    Torpedo range is 75 mate.
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    xRobx wrote: »
    There has been a heated debate going on the last few days, some claim the stalker has a base detection range of 50 which is added to the 30 that all ships have, making its base detection range without sonar 80, that would mean that a stalker would see an enemy sub underwater before it even entered max havok range, and adding sonar3 would give them a detection range of 105.

    The opposing view (myself included) believes that the detection range of a stalker with out sonar was 50 (not 50+30=80), and that the only way a stalker will see an enemy sub as it enters max havok range of 75 is if it is equip with sonar3 (+25 detect)

    Below is a video I took using a stalker with sonar3 paired with a sw with sfb3 cuts and laser3 against my pred subs with eng1 (no cat drive)
    The first run my pred surfaces too soon and was within sfb3 range and was killed while surfaced, the second go my pred was completely submerged and the stalker is stack right under the sw and as Im heading towards it, the stalker does not see me until my havok 4 range circle of 75 hits the stalker/sw location, then the sw fires its missiles and kills me underwater.

    So the proof is in the pudding, a stalker with sonar3 has detection range of 75 NOT 105,


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAIbtXRMw4&feature=youtu.be

    We need a video from the one who have a stalker not predator.
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    As you can see the detection range is over 75...

    Attachment not found.
    loading
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    you are wrong....if the detection range was 105 the stalker still wouldn't have shot since the range of torpedos is only 72.....but i think that the detection range is only 75 anyway because i have seen it from my stalkers

    i was nt saying the stalker wouldve shot,bu the sw with sfb3 shares the detection as the stalker and would have shot
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    Man Tim wrote: »
    We need a video from the one who have a stalker not predator.

    the reason i used my pred is because the torp range is 75 so thats what im suing as a marker as i approach the stationary stalker, it did not react until my range circle hit it, point is made either way
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    Target wrote: »
    As you can see the detection range is over 75...

    Attachment not found.

    then the game is glitching, obviously u see on the video i was not detected and/or shot at until i hit 75 havok range circle, thats when the stalker saw me, so in your picture which dont really show much ( u couldve have another stalker closer to the pred therefore making it visible, but giving u the benefit of the doubt, then its a glitch, some times its 75 with sonar3 and sometimes is larger, again thats assuming u dont have another stalker positioned closer to the pred.

    and there r two green dots on radar indicating u have another ship in that battle, yes i knoifw it could be the flag ship, but it couuld also be another stalker, not that i dont trust u or anything but next time take a better screen shot that shows entire battle because u see my battle clear as day, the stalker with sonar 3 did not see me until i was at range of 75, in the video i was also sitting at an estimated range of 85-90 for a bit and they didnt detect me.
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    xRobx wrote: »
    then the game is glitching, obviously u see on the video i was not detected and/or shot at until i hit 75 havok range circle, thats when the stalker saw me, so in your picture which dont really show much ( u couldve have another stalker closer to the pred therefore making it visible, but giving u the benefit of the doubt, then its a glitch, some times its 75 with sonar3 and sometimes is larger, again thats assuming u dont have another stalker positioned closer to the pred.

    and there r two green dots on radar indicating u have another ship in that battle, yes i knoifw it could be the flag ship, but it couuld also be another stalker, not that i dont trust u or anything but next time take a better screen shot that shows entire battle because u see my battle clear as day, the stalker with sonar 3 did not see me until i was at range of 75, in the video i was also sitting at an estimated range of 85-90 for a bit and they didnt detect me.

    It was only a print screen because I could not be bothered to make a video. The other green dot is a gunboat, even if it was another stalker it was further away so it would make no difference.

    Your video needs to be taken from the Stalker's side to give an indication of true detection range. The Wolf did not have sfb 3 or the Stalker did not have sonar 3 or both... you may have even recorded a glitch with the sfb/sonar not working.

    Either way I use assault missile Scorpions with a sonar 3 Stalker to take out sub base defending fleets and they are detected outside my assault/sfb3 range putting them at about 105.

    If your friend really had sfb3 & sonar 3 then I would suggest they send in a support ticket because they are not working as they should.
    loading
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    xRobx wrote: »
    i was nt saying the stalker wouldve shot,bu the sw with sfb3 shares the detection as the stalker and would have shot

    other ships share the detection range?? So if the stalker with sonar 3 picks up a sub then another ship in my fleet with the longer range weapon will fire on it??
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    other ships share the detection range?? So if the stalker with sonar 3 picks up a sub then another ship in my fleet with the longer range weapon will fire on it??

    Yes any sub that is detected can be seen by the whole fleet, so it works well with missile & laser targeting fleets which hit them underwater. Detection is lost if your sonar ship is destroyed though.
    loading
  • Lek Gabz
    Lek Gabz
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 48
    im sure it was above 75, haven't you guys noticed that the missile fire 1st b4 the torpedo. it is around 80
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    Lek Gabz wrote: »
    im sure it was above 75, haven't you guys noticed that the missile fire 1st b4 the torpedo. it is around 80

    guys? only one person in here think's it's 75 ^^
    loading
  • Master_Chief
    Master_Chief
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 271
    Target wrote: »
    As you can see the detection range is over 75...

    Attachment not found.

    That isn't proof that there is a detection range over 75, what you are proving is that, that particular stalker submarine has a surface weapon on it, and it has a farther range. Also, with the way the picture is shown, for all anyone else knows, there could be another ship on the picture, that is detecting the sub, and you have the other sub in the picture to try and make a point. However it is a moot one.

    Stalker Submarine detection range is 50, and if you add Sonar 3, it will add 25 and that pushes it out to 75, which is max torpedo range. If you are still doubting this fact, fight some Stalkers with Sonar 3, against a Predator or Barracuda Fleet. You will see that once the ranges come to max with each other, that the stalker will fire, and the Predator and Barracuda will not.
    Master_Chief 
    BP - Level 75 / WC - Level 37
    Sic Vis Pacum Parrabellum (Latin) "If you want peace, prepare for war"
    Asus G75V - 3rd Gen Intel I7 - 16Gb of RAM - 256 Gb SSD - 750Gb HDD - Nvidia GTX 660M with 2 Gb RAM
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    Well, 1.5 months ago when I was testing it.
    The Stalker has a detection range greater than the torp range. But not by much. So I assumed, at the time, it was ~78.
    But it's probably 80.

    I have not played nor have I tested what it is recently. However, I know, for a fact, that 1.5 months ago the detection range on a stalker with no sonar was ~78.

    Your video was super lag, and I am not sure the guy had whatever you said he had.
  • FBgamer
    FBgamer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 616
    I thought this issue had been cleared already. OK, I have a stalker with sonar 3 that also has Cutlass missile with SFB3. When I have time, I'll make a video.
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    stalkerwithmorethan75ra.jpg

    Well, yeah, it is still over 75 range as I have tested it 3 minutes ago.

    http://bp.tel4u.gr/?ZS011D09W00A24SZ

    this is my stalker ship build..
    stalkerwithmorethan75ra.jpg
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    Listen, u saw the video , I cut the playback in half, it wasn't really lagging, the sw fired its missile once the stalker was able to see my sub, and that happend almost exactlymwhennit got within mynrangemcircle of 75, what is their to argue about?
  • xRobx
    xRobx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 202
    Target wrote: »
    guys? only one person in here think's it's 75 ^^

    Target, your saying I'm the only one that thinks the range of stalker with somar3 ism75? Seriously? Why don't you go back and read threw the posts, at least half the people that have posted have agreed with the fact that it is 75 with sonar not 105 or anything higher . Anyways, like i said before , the video is showing that the stalker with sonar 3'isnt seeing then sub until it hits 75, maybe for u it's different , wouldn't surprise me, u got base weapons firing outside their intended range also, like I said its either a glitch or some one is wrong and the video I posted shows what's happening so post a video.

    But what really should happen is kixeye should get a dev to test and explain this issue .
  • DOC-ICU
    DOC-ICU
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,335
    A stalkers detection range with Sonar3 is 75. havoc 4's have a max range of 75. the reason everyone thinks the detection range is higher is because ships will actually fire at a target when it is about 5 in range from the target. if you'll notice in the op's video the havocs are hitting his pred as soon as he gets in range meaning the havocs from the stalker where fired before the pred got into detection range.
     [GOAT] DOC
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    Ok I made a video for all you simpletons, If after watching you still think the detection range is 75 you are retarded.

    The Stalker is fitted with sonar 3.
    The Stalker's longest range weapon is the havok (75)
    The Scorpion is fitted with assaults/sfb/Laser Targeting.

    The battle glitched on 1st attempt for the pred user, skip to 0:49
    loading
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    God wrote: »
    just with that comment, u loose all credebility BECAUSE HAVOK HAVE 75 RANGE.....(dying thunder) And thx for the tester, was tired of the people saying 105 detection range lol

    shut the hell up and stop your whine from 3 range itd be the same thing if the sonar range was 100 would the stalkers fire no they fire at thier rage sonar range is how much range they can see under water and if the range the ship are at match with the wepaons range then the stalker can fire and i hevent hearn sonar giving sonar range to others its only for the single ship
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

    War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

    Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • FBgamer
    FBgamer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 616
    Target wrote: »
    Ok I made a video...

    Target, thank you! That video is perfect and you've saved me the trouble of making one myself. :)

    To describe the obvious, at 1:20 you'll see the predator submerge and it's still clearly detected by the stalker well beyond the 75 range of the stalker's own torpedoes. Whatever that exact range is, it's definitely MORE than 75. Furthermore, you'll see the SS target and hit the predator. That confirms an additional to two things: 1) other accompanying ships benefit from the stalker's detection, and 2) subs can be hit while submerged (in case there was still any doubt on that too).

    I hope this issue can now be put to rest?
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    FBgamer wrote: »
    I hope this issue can now be put to rest?

    Well they can sit here and argue like morons or just go build a sonar 3 Stalker for themselves...
    loading
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    xRobx wrote: »
    Listen, u saw the video , I cut the playback in half, it wasn't really lagging, the sw fired its missile once the stalker was able to see my sub, and that happend almost exactlymwhennit got within mynrangemcircle of 75, what is their to argue about?

    I saw your crap video and I still told you that the detection range was greater than 75 without a single piece of sonar.
    You just proved you're a moron.

    I bet, you still believe what you want, even with Target's video out there....



    Thanks Target.
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    kingj0n wrote: »
    Thanks Target.

    No Worry's

    I did find it funny his video showed nothing and I doubt he even owns a Stalker and yet he is here arguing it's ability's... but now my video has been here 24 hours everyone who said it was 75 detection range has gone quiet?
    loading
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    Not only that, Sector 172 is full of whinners and bubble buddies, so I hear ?
    Old players don't know best !
Sign In or Register to comment.