Advanced Platoons are here and this is our largest update since the World Map!
You can watch the video that illustrates the overview and/or read about the features in more detail.
[video=youtube_share;OV8_9ixozHw]http://youtu.be/OV8_9ixozHw[/video]The four main changes:
- You can repair platoons in deposits without having to return them to your base.
- Platoon squads are now optional. By default there is a single squad that can hold all of your units but you can create up to four
- You can name your Platoon whatever you like. Only you see your platoon names (other players see your base name), so go to town.
- When a Platoon returns to base, its grouping is not lost. You don't have to go through the process of creating it again. This is the same for when a platoon is left guarding a deposit
The process for making a platoon has moved from the map to inside your base. You can create as many platoons as you like and get them all setup before deploying them on the world map. Once a platoon is made you can use it over and over again and only have to edit it when you want to change the units it holds. You can launch a platoon from inside your base or from the world map.In addition to the platoon changes we've tweaked a few other things:
- Infantry units now persist! If they are killed in battle they can be repaired from 100% damage (just like vehicles). The cost of repairing a fully damaged infantry unit is less than it did cost to make it, and yes, we will be doing this for Aircraft soon!
- Your airfield now has a little more space at higher levels and its capacity is linked to its level; +100 at max level.
- The deployment cap has increased, you can now have slightly more units in battle at any one time; +200 at max level.
- Platoons hold slightly less units, however the cap is on the entire platoon, not a single squad, so you can use the space more efficiently; -540 at max level.
- The deployment cap is now linked to your storage building level, not your Command Center level.
- Platoons move quicker on the map than ever before! Units have a +10% to +35% move speed increase when in platoons. The attack dog and rocket buggy are still the fastest units.
- You can leave more units guarding a deposit.
We’ve also cleaned up the UI and a few processes; little things like making it possible for you to select all the units you want to scrap and then pressing “Scrap” instead of having to confirm every single one.
You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair. We made this decision to simplify the UI. As you can now repair platoons on deposits it should even out in terms of time spent, for most it will be a time-saver compared to the old system.
We hope you like the changes, if you have any comments or questions leave them below.
High Lords |
Yer, but then you have to keep track of how many times each unit has died and it becomes a UI nightmare and "Hey KIXEYE support, i'm sure my rifleman died only once but he's gone now"
Plus if you have a platoon with only infantry (or even a squad with only infantry) and they die you lose the platoon so you have to make it all over again, which is a pain.
PLUS the cost of repairing these guys is going to be less than it would take to replace them, so keep quiet
Does this mean 8 megatanks in a platoon is no longer possible?
Favorite Units: Elite Warhawk (Level 8) - Elite Gatling Truck (Level 8) - Elite Hellfire Tank (Level 8)
Gun Turrets - Level 10 X8
Mortar Turrets - Level 10 X6
Bunkers - Level 5/Level 5
LAWL - you've been dealing with gamers too long.
any thots on reducing upgrade times at all? some of them get quite lengthy, even with upgrades war factory, airport and barracs. just a thot. kick **** game guys!
I'm working on a way to make it easier. No plans to change the upgrade times.
Sector ( Non )
Play for Fun , No Hard Feeling
For real, I wish we could move an infinite amount of spaces. It would make things a lot easier than having to use way points.
If this is the case it will be extremely annoying and a very bad update....there is no point to it at all...
So if RUBI is replacing the missing unit from your platoon, and they come back fully replaced with max health in your platoon, is there a replacement timer that scales in length per unit. Or are they repairing and you are just telling us to think of it as being replaced.
why not infinity life lol or for next update
nd increase the capacity of platoons nd air filed what left auto guide where to attack nd where hiding unit
My name is Martin i'm frome Holland (dont start about soccer tonight please )
I love playing online games, i'v been gamme master in Hattrick online soccer fore a long time, i hate cheaters and people who destroy the game by using bad language and cheeting etc etc.
I am wondering if you are looking fore gamm masters in War commander or how i can become one.
Sure it is nice that games keep beeing evelloped but people do cheat more and more multiple accounts haccking etc etc lets get it fair again
I hope that you awnsere to my question.
Kind regards Martin
I always keep my word.
Atack me and get ready to fight!
+1 that will be very annoying!!