Update Preview: Persistent Platoons

• Assasin_elite_2
    Assasin_elite_2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,084
    David,

To come back on your reply`s earlier and to be sure, is it correct that aircraft`s will not be destroyed anymore but will also repair like vehicles?
    And are whe getting a larger ammount in building size to build more aircraft`s ?

First would be great but second part makes my pretty woried because of the fact 21 Cobra`s can almost destroy a base for 50% in one row not even talking about the bombers.

Last and for me most important question: will the way whe deploy our aircraft`s also undergo a change?
    Would be great that players can deploy them werever they want at an enemy base instead of deploying only in the direction your Mainbase is placed from the base you attack.
    Its to time consumming to fly arround a whole base to take out the last MT or turrets etc etc.
    Plz let us deploy the aircraft`s from an angle whe like to.

For the rest,great work and i cant wait till this all will be realized, hope not after summer or end of the year, plz make it soon.

Greeting`s
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Ok reading all the replies, i have some questions and comments:

1: Nice update, i have been waiting for this a long time, already thought of a lot of names for my platoons, and it will hopefully make platoon creating much faster and easier.

2: you're gonna make the attack cap depended on the Staging area? does that mean upgrading the CC almost has no use anymore? Not something i'm a very big fan of

3: you're gonna increase the attack cap? o.O Please NO! Please don't! This will give only more spamming! If you want to change anything about it, decrease it! There's already enough spaming already, and you want to feed that!?

4: will this get connected to the update where you don't lose your depos anymore when you relocate within your sector? I've got a few TA members that are waiting for this update to come, and it shouldn't be too difficult etiher to implent this.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• JON FRENCH
    JON FRENCH
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 639
    If ive read this right then platoon siza at SA lvl10 will be reduced to something like 1500, while units allowed into an attack on a base will be increased, presumably to the same level as a SA lvl10.

Will base defence still be set by CC level and will it stay at 1300 for lvl 5 CC or be increased in line with increased attack allowance? Or will base defence be governed by SA level as base defence units are a platoon in their own right?
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Co-Founder KIXEYE and all round good guy!
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 3,647
    LarsB wrote: »
    you're gonna make the attack cap depended on the Staging area? does that mean upgrading the CC almost has no use anymore? Not something i'm a very big fan of
    Upgrading the CC still unlocks a lot of extra content and upgrades in the base so it is far from useless. We wanted to make the level of the storage/staging area set the attack variables.

you're gonna increase the attack cap? Please NO! Please don't!
    It's only going up 15% for the top level (+200)

will this get connected to the update where you don't lose your depos anymore when you relocate within your sector?
    That is a separate release and will not be part of this update.

Mshraks wrote: »
    To come back on your reply`s earlier and to be sure, is it correct that aircraft`s will not be destroyed anymore but will also repair like vehicles? And are whe getting a larger ammount in building size to build more aircraft`s ?
    Persistant Air and Infantry will be part of a future update and not part of this release. We will however be slightly increasing the capacity of the Airfield in this release by 7% (+100)
    Lee Duncan wrote: »
    Just going by what has been presented I total agree, all the plus parts can be added without needing to change how platoons are currently created.
    We wanted to change 2 things:
    1. We want to make Platoons persist
    2. We don't want to force people to put the platoon units into 4 squads.

Making them persist means we have to make some sort of platoon manager.

Making them have 1 squad means we have to adjust several values to make it possible to deploy a platoon that only has 1 squad, if we did not you may start an attack and find out you can't send in any units because the platoon size is greater than your deployment limit. This also forces us to use a single building (the storage/staging) to change these values because if you upgraded the CC but not the storage you could get yourself stuck!
    Follow: TheCritters | Subscribe: Facebook 
    What would Gabe do?
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    oh yeah, something else: persistent infantry? so what's the use of the herc and gatling truck then when they become basically the same unit with a few minor differences?
    minesweeping becomes a bit OP with persistent infantry...
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• David Scott
    David Scott
    oh yeah, something else: persistent infantry? so what's the use of the herc and gatling truck then when they become basically the same unit with a few minor differences?
    minesweeping becomes a bit OP with persistent infantry...
    If the cost of replacing the unit is the same as repairing it when it's 100% damaged then the only difference between infantry that die and infantry that persist is it saves you a load of clicks and hassle when you come to replace your lost platoon(s) of infantry with an identical platoon of infantry.

Right now:
    1. You have to remember what the platoon had
    2. Queue up those infantry in the barracks
    3. Wait for them to all be produced
    4. Move them into a platoon (remembering again which platoon had what)
    5. Maybe repeat step 2 if the barracks queue was insufficient.

After:
    1. Press "Repair"
    2. Wait

PLUS, if you went to the effort of making a platoon of infantry and they all die then the platoon is lost, along with the cool name you gave it.
    PLUS, if you have a platoon of infantry on a deposit and some are lost you would currently have to do the 5 steps above AND then move that platoon to the deposit.

It's a convenience thing.
    What would Gabe do?
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    If the cost of replacing the unit is the same as repairing it when it's 100% damaged then the only difference between infantry that die and infantry that persist is it saves you a load of clicks and hassle when you come to replace your lost platoon(s) of infantry with an identical platoon of infantry.

Right now:
    1. You have to remember what the platoon had
    2. Queue up those infantry in the barracks
    3. Wait for them to all be produced
    4. Move them into a platoon (remembering again which platoon had what)
    5. Maybe repeat step 2 if the barracks queue was insufficient.

After:
    1. Press "Repair"
    2. Wait

PLUS, if you went to the effort of making a platoon of infantry and they all die then the platoon is lost, along with the cool name you gave it.
    PLUS, if you have a platoon of infantry on a deposit and some are lost you would currently have to do the 5 steps above AND then move that platoon to the deposit.

Ok, that explains it ;). Thanks!

• SEAL TEAM LEADER
    SEAL TEAM LEADER
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,258
    Cool. Thanks Kixeye
    LvL 84 N00B |476
    Elder_Lee
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 7,468
    David,

Now, I get it.

Nice, move on that it should really speed up deployment on to the map for fast runs.

NICE!

P.S. Still would love to let the Sector 33 know if you or any of the Kixeye Gods can or will be dropping in on our Sector event this weekend.
    Keep your head down, your ammo dry and the FIGHT alive!  
    WC User ID: 76066
    Lvl 38
    Sector 33, 112, 6, 144, 240, 409, 19, 5, ( 420 )
    Support: http://www.kixeye.com/support/
    Report: https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report?game=wc
    Not a KIXEYE representative or employee in any form or means, just an Elder of the game.
  • Drako2k0
    Drako2k0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,320
    Repost, hasn't been answered yet and I'm curious.

I have a question: You said that platoons are repaired only one at a time. Can you still hit the repair all and add all platoons into a repair queue so that the next platoon can repair when the current one is finished repairing? or do you have to actively repair them one at a time like the fleets in battle pirates(hate that btw)

I see that platoon capacity is 700, does that count through all squads? for instance I currently can hold 500 per squad in my platoons which equates to 8 mega tanks or 2000 space per platoon. 700 platoon size is drastic reduction in the size. Maybe a little too drastic. if working towards balancing platoons sizes we should begin with slight changes first. subtle changes can be felt almost as effectively as a drastic change.
    WC User ID: 799779
    Favorite Units: Elite Warhawk (Level 8) - Elite Gatling Truck (Level 8) - Elite Hellfire Tank (Level 8)
    Gun Turrets - Level 10 X8
    Mortar Turrets - Level 10 X6
    Bunkers - Level 5/Level 5
    We plan to add the ability to customize your base and units: more defensive turret options, adding customizations to platoons, and creating new units that are 100% customizable.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Repost, hasn't been answered yet and I'm curious.

I have a question: You said that platoons are repaired only one at a time. Can you still hit the repair all and add all platoons into a repair queue so that the next platoon can repair when the current one is finished repairing? or do you have to actively repair them one at a time like the fleets in battle pirates(hate that btw)

I see that platoon capacity is 700, does that count through all squads? for instance I currently can hold 500 per squad in my platoons which equates to 8 mega tanks or 2000 space per platoon. 700 platoon size is drastic reduction in the size. Maybe a little too drastic. if working towards balancing platoons sizes we should begin with slight changes first. subtle changes can be felt almost as effectively as a drastic change.

that is a lvl 1 SA. 700 could be just right....

• Drako2k0
    Drako2k0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,320
    that is a lvl 1 SA. 700 could be just right....

That makes sense, so that answers the second question.
    WC User ID: 799779
    Favorite Units: Elite Warhawk (Level 8) - Elite Gatling Truck (Level 8) - Elite Hellfire Tank (Level 8)
    Gun Turrets - Level 10 X8
    Mortar Turrets - Level 10 X6
    Bunkers - Level 5/Level 5
    We plan to add the ability to customize your base and units: more defensive turret options, adding customizations to platoons, and creating new units that are 100% customizable.
  • Nyen
    Nyen
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    When is there going to be female units?
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • dha0s
    dha0s
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 108
    Nyen wrote: »
    When is there going to be female units?
    We'll get female dogs.
    2. nuff said
    Mostly used by people who desperately want to feel superior, but lack the actual supporting information to be superior in an argument (or even contribute).

When you say "nuff said" you are letting people know that you are not able to have a normal conversation, and cannot accept anything against what you believe.
  • Mastor Slyder
    Mastor Slyder
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 20
    Is it just me or somebody messed with player's AI assistant RUBY on last update ?

My units now shoot inocent buildings while being shot at !

and no longer finish the units of a destroyed building before starting another.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    dha0s wrote: »
    We'll get female dogs.

LOL :p

• -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 617
    We don't know a number yet, we're playtesting and balancing it. That's why I haven't posted any numbers.
    And we're posting on the forum to get peoples feedback in advance of pushing the update.
    The reason for the reduction is simply to balance the battles and make it possible for someone to deploy a platoon if it only has one squad.

And even if your numbers change, you with your level 10 staging area will still have more space than someone with a level 9. You still have the advantage!

First off, it Must be difficult to deal with us knuckleheads :)

Secondly, I hope this will prevent any base spamming that may have been going on - skill over mere numbers imo. I like the fact that it's being based off SA level and not CC level. Makes it more leveled out for lower level players. Is the amount of destruction and what places a player in damage protection remaining the same since you are lowering the individual platoon size, yet saying we can just use more platoons to attack multiple times?

• MoJoe
    MoJoe
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 10
    Why can I not quick quick complete on rocket launchers production when its under 5 min for free ? Is this some kind of glitch ? Thanks for any responses
  • Magidex
    Magidex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 235
    Sounds good. Can you guys fix unit targeting? They ignore troops to hit buildings. :(
  • CC Rider
    CC Rider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 93
    This sounds like an awesome update, I can't wait for it!
  • zeptar35
    zeptar35
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 31
    Any hints to when this update will occur?
  • Chaldon
    Chaldon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    Thanks for that.. Click management is beginning to be sorely needed.

MoJoe wrote: »
    Why can I not quick quick complete on rocket launchers production when its under 5 min for free ? Is this some kind of glitch ? Thanks for any responses

They killed that to prevent rocket soldier spamming for the exact reason you want to do it... Just set it and come back later.
    I gotta change my sig line now...

Thread shared with The Riders of Apocalypse
    "...if you try to take down AA units with Air units you're going to have a bad time."
    - David Scott
  • Luminati
    Luminati
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    Will there be a way for players that discovered the game more recently to earn the gatling truck and lazer tanks?
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    Correct, that is unchanged.

Great news! If there's no room in your base ("Base Defenders Platoon") for a newly created unit it goes directly from the Barracks / War Factory into the Storage, no need to leave room in your base for new units.

Welcome to the perfect world :)

David i freaking love you guys! this simplifies my whole base setup (since ive been making so many paladins recently i needed to have room in my base) although after scrapping all 60 of my rhino's it cleared up space in my base and in my SA for my paladins and i constantly needed to get in-game so i could move my paladins into my SA to free room up in my base! this update is going to help me, and i'm sure a lot of other people too, thank guys!
    Hello There
  • BT-Itz Ninja
    BT-Itz Ninja
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 114
    i like this , but is there any way you can make it were both players can join the battle and other can watch
    Battle Pirates- Itz_Ninja
    Level 24
    WC-TA-UNDEAD :p
    Level 22
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    i like this , but is there any way you can make it were both players can join the battle and other can watch

And not control their units while watching?(the defender) that would be nice, we can watch OUR attacks but not others it would make it interesting they may do this in later times if its in popular demand.
    Hello There
  • Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,406
    so we can have 8 platoons on the world map at a given time. If under the new system a platoon is deployed into a Depo, does that platoon count as 1 of the 8 that can be deployed?
    The following seems to be a LIE
     We've had it with bugs, and we are committed to improving your game-play experience over anything else.

• Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Otheym wrote: »
    so we can have 8 platoons on the world map at a given time. If under the new system a platoon is deployed into a Depo, does that platoon count as 1 of the 8 that can be deployed?

no, i don't believe it counts now if i'm wrong correct me, but i think i'm correct.
    Hello There
  • Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,406
    no, i don't believe it counts now if i'm wrong correct me, but i think i'm correct.

in current game play it is no longer a platoon on the map when you deploy it in a depo. The platoon gets disbanded so to speak.

under the new way, it will stay as a platoon and can be repaired from platoon manager. That is a good update as it saves a lot of time
    but
    the question remains... since the update will have it stay as a platoon and it is out of base and on a depo, does it count against the number of platoons you can deploy out onto the map?
    The following seems to be a LIE
     We've had it with bugs, and we are committed to improving your game-play experience over anything else.

• David Scott
    David Scott
    Otheym wrote: »
    but the question remains... since the update will have it stay as a platoon and it is out of base and on a depo, does it count against the number of platoons you can deploy out onto the map?

Sounds like you understand the update :)
    In answer to your question, the cap is on the number of platoons out on the map and this number will be unchanged.
    This cap is to prevent abuse from players making 100's of platoons containing a single unit and flooding the map.
    What would Gabe do?
This discussion has been closed.