Exclusive intel from Executive Producer David Scott: the War Commander team is in the process of improving the way you create and manage your Platoon, and he’s tasked me with gathering feedback from the community.The High Points:
• Platoons will be made in your base instead of on the map.
• Any Platoons you make will be remembered so you don’t have to constantly remake them.
• Platoons will not get lost when they return to base or are left to guard a deposit.
• Platoons will be repaired both on your base and on deposits, but only one at a time
The first thing you’ll notice is that the “Units” button will change to “Platoons” and clicking it brings up a new window that lists all your Platoons:
The Platoon List
Everyone will have a Base Defender Platoon, this is a Platoon that’s been auto-created from all the units you see in your base. You can not deploy this Platoon, but adding units to it will add them to your base. They will also help defend if you’re attacked. This Platoon is persistent, so you will always be able to leave units defending your base.
Clicking the yellow “Create” button or clicking on an existing Platoon will bring up the Platoon Editor:
The Platoon Editor
• Name each Platoon
• Have up to 4 squads or all units in a single large squad.
• Capacity is for the platoon not squad, no more issues with units not quite fitting.
• Close the window to return to the Platoon List or deploy it to the map instantly.
Once you have made a few Platoons your Platoon List screen will look something like this:
The Platoon List
• You can see where your Platoons are, what they contain, their capacity, their health, and if they are under attack.
• You can repair or modify any Platoon your your base.
• There is no limit on the number of Platoons you can make (there is still a limit on the number that can be on the map)
Here are some answers to questions you may have:Can I deploy Platoons in the same way as before?
From the world map you do pretty much the same thing. You click on your base, select "Deploy Platoon" but instead of then selecting the units you select which Platoon you want to deploy and then select where around your base it should be deployed.How do I move a unit between platoons?
If you want to move a unit from one Platoon to another you simply open the first, remove the unit (which puts it in storage), open the second, add it.How do I scrap units to get back resources and make space?
If you want to scrap a unit to make space you can remove it from the Platoon and then in the Barracks or War Factory you can scrap them under the new “Scrap” tabWhat happens to units on the map and in deposits?
If you have any platoons already out on the map or any units defending deposits we will auto-create these as platoons and they will be visible on the Platoons List screen.What changes will be made to the number of units I can deploy in a battle?
We are reducing the number slightly to reduce the size of platoons so if you put all units in a single squad you can deploy it in battle. Any units already in platoons or on deposits will break this cap (we never cull units) so you can return them to base to pick the ones you want to remove before re-deploying them.I have another question!
Post it below and we'll answer it!