Alliance Defending

• Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,254
    so basically for the guys that like to play solo... this game is going to be RUINED.

• Bladez Alderion
    Bladez Alderion
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 141
    likes the idea its good
    [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/207322-Anti-Torpedo-flares[/url] _______________________________ [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/207715-Tiger-Shark-anti-sub-battleship[/url] <FONT COLOR="GREEN"> Brammies Roughnecks_______ Bladez</font>  http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/388494 _________________________ Level 53

Triton and Mercury
  • Black-Star_JAG
    Black-Star_JAG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 421
    This game is really taking a downward spiral. I rather just have the attack button back instead of Alliances. Its no wonder I play less and spend less coin. I use to belong to a alliance, I prefer not to have to join another one to use this feature. or If you incorporate the Alliance feature, remove the base guards.
    LvL 67 Sectors 190, 221, 238, 73, 139, 157, 465, 136, 181, 311 and Oh hell i give up counting..(Smashaplooza)
    BlackStar_JAG, Winner of Revenge Raid II and BI II, 2nd place, BI 3, 1st place, BI 4, 2nd place, BI 5 ?, BI6 1st, SW ?, got my Dread.. 
      Videos>>>>>[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/tbfblackstar[/url]   

If you fail, try, try again until you succeed!!!!! JAG Alliance, Founding Member 
  • Zam
    Zam
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    why do we have too be in an alliance? pirates are distrustfull of other pirates and normally only band together in 2s 0r 3s not whole fleets i have managed too get too lvl 26 without an alliance but i would not with this new idea

+1.............
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Aden Rooney
    Aden Rooney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 196
    brilliant idea ! keep up the good work swag
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478
    Short story long,

There are not alot of new players in this game. Kixeye's Battle Pirates is still in development I get that, so you don't fix glitch's you keep changing to develop a better final product (I choose to hope this is the idea.) You do happen to have a long line of very loyal long playing and paying customers. Some want to team up, some do not... Some like hitting in sectors, some are horrified by it. I just want to remind you that your open style of game play, is what makes this game interesting. If I walked into a no hit sector with HH's guarding every base I'd turn my account over to my 13 year old neighbor and go find a big boy game. I enjoy killing bases and not one or two takes 5 to fill my wh's. I want to be able to do at least 5 every day. This would basically make me log on once a day. Log on find a base with no one active not talk on comms, and send 3-4 fleets to kill the guard fleets, hope none of them are on, and hit the one base. It may take me 2-3 days to fix my fleets, so I'd end up being piss poor. I know you trying to make this game more person vs enviornment and less pvp. But I don't want to kill salves all day its very boring. I already had to kill thousands, just to get weapons. Now I have to salvage everyday to get resources isntead the one fun part and ever changing aspect of this game which is hitting bases. I didn't mind the base fleet change because it brought interesting changes to base design even if it made it harder. But the last thing I want to do is fvf all day with tons of repairs. Guess that makes it easier to get ccers' buying credits but I won't buy into the my wallet is bigger than your wallet game style. Good luck this could be my make or break moment.
    "KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• xoligy
    xoligy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 377
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    so basically for the guys that like to play solo... this game is going to be RUINED.

Agree, this idea is shockingly bad.

We already have base fleets and your able to set defence fleets now you can have allies defending your base meaning its going to be next to impossible to attack a base. I thought this was Battle Pirates not Pansy Pirates. Im glad i can not spend money on coins due to the last update after seeing this.

I would ask when they are adding nukes so you can beat a base and get resources without a fleet, but seems if they added that they would add anti nuke procedures that would shoot own EVERY nuke making them useless.

Glixeye please change the name of the game to Pansy Pirates as it seems were not ment to fight one another unless you join a crappy alliance.
    Game has bugs and glitches hence the name GLIXEYE!
    Game needs to be more balanced the stronger get stronger while the weaker get well... weaker :/
    All i want it Hailstorms and the Barracuda why wouldnt i want a sexy sub everything else is meh!
  • FBgamer
    FBgamer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 616
    Spack wrote: »
    If number of attacks bubbles were removed, if alliances were restricted in numbers to say 10 max, if there was a level range at which you could defend bases, if by defending a base you removed your own bubble, if any pvp combat removed your base bubble, then maybe, just maybe this could work.

There are so many things that need to change before this can happen and even then I think lone ranger players who dont do alliances would be screwed.

I agree with this. On the surface, alliance defending sounds like a good idea but there are many details that need to be considered and the implementation will be very complicated to get right. Otherwise, this feature can be hugely exploited and the game gets even more stagnant.

I have lots questions, many of which have already been asked by others. There are just so many "what if" scenarios. I hope Kixeye takes all of them into account.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    SmokinJoe wrote: »

EXACTLY thats why this shouldnt go ahead
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    xoligy wrote: »
    Agree, this idea is shockingly bad.

We already have base fleets and your able to set defence fleets now you can have allies defending your base meaning its going to be next to impossible to attack a base. I thought this was Battle Pirates not Pansy Pirates. Im glad i can not spend money on coins due to the last update after seeing this.

I would ask when they are adding nukes so you can beat a base and get resources without a fleet, but seems if they added that they would add anti nuke procedures that would shoot own EVERY nuke making them useless.

Glixeye please change the name of the game to Pansy Pirates as it seems were not ment to fight one another unless you join a crappy alliance.

+1 to this m8 gonna cost a WHOLE LOT to defend against someone who wants in lmao
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Sparrow_J
    Sparrow_J
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 39
    Although I am not fond of the idea of edition base defense, I have suggestions that would make it more fair.

1. The defense should be open to all players but alliance players gain addition benefits (will go more in depth at later points)

2. A restriction of level of player that can defend your base. I believe +/- 2 levels is fair for the attacker to overcome. However members in your alliance can be +/- 3 levels.

3. Restrictions of number of defenders. Only 3 (number is negotiable) neighbors can defend your base per day (I will cal this defense points). At the start of each day your defense points are reset to 3. In order for a neighbor to be able to defend your base they will click defend base but the base owner will have to “accept” the defense and will take away 1 defense point. If that defender leaves you do not regain the defense point used. This allows non alliance members to be protected by neighbors but be able to control who uses their defense points. Also the users must sign on more to activate the defense. You can add an additional defense points to use on alliance members. For example 3 defense points anyone can use and 2 extra only your alliance member can use. Allowing up to 5 points per day instead of 3.

4. You cannot access base while a neighbor is defending it. For example when your base is hit you can only watch the battle, not interact with base. If a neighbor fleet is actively fighting to defend your base, you will only be able to watch the battle instead of interacting with your base. This will prevent the base owner to quickly repair a fleet and defend his base again. Also the base owner will not be able to “accept” new defenders while an attack is happening. So prepping a base isn’t nullified by a new defending neighbor.
    Success without INTEGRITY is utter disappointment.
  • David the First
    David the First
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,659
    my opinion on this is split
    1. yes you see some one being attacked you ant to defend them.
    2. how many fleets do i have to fight to get in to a base
    a. the defence fleets
    b. the interior defence fleet
    c. the alliances defence fleets...how many of them 1 5 10,200
    King David Level 57

winner of dreads,barracudas,goliath,strike cruisers,dread x, battle ship, excetera excetera add nauseum

sectors visited 32 268 415 479 481 484 402 home sector 67
  • Gray
    Gray
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 48
    I think this is a bad Idea...As some say here this will force players into alliances and the lonly wolf will be gone.

I have some Idea and that is that as with view for attack of base U should make a button for join in for defence.
    And that should just work when base fleet is defeated. That should make game and defence for friends base more on same terms for both attacker and basedefender.

Then it would give the game some stategical Thinking for the attacker if to take out base defence or lure them away and then attack inside base
    Graywolf LVL 59
    Coining is part off the game. Cheating and hacking is not.
  • kvd
    kvd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,130
    i agree
    1)as i see it higher level players are constantly farming lower levels and there is nothing to do for a friend to stop this. and so this is a great solution.
    a)assuming no more than 10 fleets from aliance members can defend the base.
    b) for those that dont like this you want easy res. this is a WAR game. not a "blow up a defenceless base" game. you are supposed to have to make plans. work together with others to make things easyer. and so this is a great idea. this is a WAR its called attackes and retreats. those that slowly get more wins will begin to do more attacking. untill the time comes that they are attacking the base. after a long time trying to get there. and so this hopefuly will bring back fvf and let my hard worked cuda's do something
    2)i just hope there wont be a limit on how many aliance members. as seen in other games this dose not work. they will just make "reapers" and "reapers2" and so on. but i belive that this will work well and be good to create mroe battles.
    Toxic Rage
    Level 29   |   KVD   |   Hellstorme, Elite Hellfires, Elite Warhawks, Elite Gatlin Trucks, Elite Lazer Tank, Flac Tank, Stinger, Reaper, Drone Silo, Shock trooper, Colossus, 

[url]http://support.kixeye.com/mail/help/system_requirements[/url]
  • Jigsaw
    Jigsaw
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,061
    Currently I do hit bases, but a max load is a little over 28M. I can get that same amount from 7 lvl 9 salv and take no damage. If this feature goes live I'll have to kill X amount of alliance guards (possibly more than once each), then an inside guard fleet, base defences, to get that same 28M with how much damage? Can you explain how this feature actually increases game play and PvP?

Something as simple as lowering the amount each salvage has to 10% of its current value would increase base hits. Who wants to save up 100M+ while only getting 400k from a lvl 9 salv?
  • Jigsaw
    Jigsaw
    Incursion Leader
    How about keeping the +/-5, but you can only defend with your merc fleets (they are after all **** useless for anything else). Even if there were 10 merc fleets guarding a base they should still deal a degree of damage to an attacker. Also if the "attack" option was brought back along with "spectator" option I think may work well. Using mercs would cut out how many fleets a person could guard with, would cut out people guarding with overpowered fleets compared to the attacker, and would give any would be attacker a real chance of getting into the base without wasting 300,000 creds on repairs for 10k of oil.

Edit: Alas for this to happen the merc auto launching glitch needs to be addressed quick smart
  • John Silverman
    John Silverman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 24
    Hey Mater,

When I heard of the possibility of a guard fleet, I set out to build one with guarding as it's sole purpose. Mercs are a complete waste and would have no legitimate protection purpose. I have hit lvl 34's with 5 dreads guarding and still got in... It's do-able... And I agree with bringing the "attack fleet" button back. Now rim jobbers just go around knowing they have slim to no chance of getting hooked coming out of a base...
    [B][COLOR="#B22222"]BDS-Drifter
    Level 72[/COLOR][/B]
    [I]Mercenary and In-Sector Hitter[/I] :p
  • Jigsaw
    Jigsaw
    Incursion Leader
    Hey Mater,

When I heard of the possibility of a guard fleet, I set out to build one with guarding as it's sole purpose. Mercs are a complete waste and would have no legitimate protection purpose. I have hit lvl 34's with 5 dreads guarding and still got in... It's do-able... And I agree with bringing the "attack fleet" button back. Now rim jobbers just go around knowing they have slim to no chance of getting hooked coming out of a base...

Would merc fleets getting a decent buff do any good?
  • cpljdog
    cpljdog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 134
    very bad idea ... but they well add it regardless of what we say ... so now u will have to travel to a base fight there guarding fleets then there inside defender then prep and finally make your final run ... while at any given time someone pulls up a any fleet and can mess up all the work and time u put into it... like most said resources are easily found all over the sector... so now i wasted about 20 - 40 minutes on a base i cant hit .... so this to me is what it boils down to KIXEYE ..where do u make most your money .. on players hitting bases or on just Fleet 2 Fleet ...if this feature is added i see base attacks going back to no one hitting them ... and if no one is hitting bases that much then there is no F2F because why bother ..... so i see it as a lose lose across the board ..not much money being spend because whats the point ... salvages are easy and no need to spend money ........
  • Todd Selenka
    Todd Selenka
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 568
    I am not sure how to reply to a message like this.

for months and months lots of users said it was a bad idea to have Alliances in the game. now they are going to do it anyway. But when people ask for something like less time to fix ships and you get 100's agreeing. you do nothing.

im starting to wonder if a small CLICK group runs this game. (its always the same posters that seem to get what they want. and the rest of us NO.) oh well. I took my credit card off my FB account. I can see i will not be needing it anymore for this game.
    It sure would be nice if we could attack moving ships. This is a Pirate game right?
  • wizzpete
    wizzpete
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 489
    Well as a solo player, it look slike my base hitting fleets can be retired and refitted for salvaging. Why would I bother wading through seemingly endless guard fleets of every shape and size for the 'prize' of 25 mill or 28 mill? sure, my FvF fleets may win but what to do with my base hitting fleet while i fight all the defenders? I can't time it (as I do now) to arrive just after guard clearance ends and parking near by is just going to get it sunk for nil return. If I leave it too far away, those **** insta repair guard fleets will be back before my base hitters get in....

And with all the base defenses now, a hybrid fvF base hitting fleet simply won't get in either. An all round BAD idea for solo players. Welcome to salvage Pirates, a farming game. Wait.....that sounds familiar..... a facebook farming game......
  • bigbite
    bigbite
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 248
    ok, so i need to start refiting all my base hitting fleets with sfb3 cuz basically what you are telling us with this idea
    is that you are killing base hits and going to FVF game.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. At this point I'm going to filter it and pass some of it on to the devs.
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
    In before lock! :D
    BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,356
    Same -_- (does it matter)
    BP Level: 59
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mcconnor8

• Nikos Vardakastanis
    Nikos Vardakastanis
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 18
    not a good idea . u like do bring players play ? bring back the Attack button .
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    not a good idea . u like do bring players play ? bring back the Attack button .

+1 miilion
    Old players don't know best !
  • Dalek Killer
    Dalek Killer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 506
    not a good idea . u l:worried:ike do bring players play ? bring back the Attack button .

The attack button is gone for good. Jeez, how many times does Swag have to tell you guys?
    Dalek Killer
    Level 45
    Proud owner of 0 Drac Ships worth a crap! :)
  • Ollie99
    Ollie99
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,175
    The attack button is gone for good. Jeez, how many times does Swag have to tell you guys?

As many times as it takes, when your not happy with a service that a business provides you have to let them know your not happy or it will never change. If people stop talking about it then KIXEYE will assume it has been accepted. And before you say it no it has not been accepted, we miss attack button and this alliance defending crap won't fix that. The game is not nearly as fun as it was. When base fleets were repairing you could almost allways go after some high level guy from another sector hitting your sector mates bases (usually 5 levels below him) with your fvf fleets. Now what is the point, attack bases, start repairs, collect some salvage or open it for others, start a really long research and go play some other game. It was easy to get away before the attack button was removed you just had to know how to do it or have some "skill" funny how that works both ways on this issue. And if they never bring it back that is their choice but it won't stop me from voicing my opinion on the issue. It was a fun feature to a game I really liked and many people miss it.
    "Whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea."

Mel Brooks

Sectors: Too many to remember off the top of my head.

lvl: 33, I think.
  • MrTrollson
    MrTrollson
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,152
    well this is **** up now.....say a lvl 25 wants to attack a lvl 23, then the lvl 23's big friend that is lvl 33 comes in and protects him...the lvl 25 doesn't have a chance
    GET READY FOR **** SALVAGING!!!!!!!!!
    I quit this game, it's complete crap, don't try to convince me to play again cause I recycled EVERYTHING to make sure I don't go back.
    All that's left is trolling the forums :p
This discussion has been closed.