Ship Build/Refit Times Increased?!!! WHY?!!!

exracer327
exracer327
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 595
edited 11 May 2012, 12:27PM
Shortly after the last raid I built a new cuda, torp4 * 6, eng3, hull2, ra3 (cause I didn't have any fun sub research done at that time). The build took 4 days 5 hrs w/ an officer. I made note of it and told others via fb chat so I have a record of it.

I then went to refitting several of my ffs with some upgrades I had completed researching. So about 2.5 days ago (around Sat, 5/5), I noticed my ff refit (the same identical refit I'm doing to all 5 ships) changed from a 1 day 15 hr refit to a 2 day 6 hr refit. I thought I was just mistaken on the original refit times, although this was refit #3.

That is until today when I went to build a new ship and my (identical) cuda build popped up. It now says my cuda will take 5 days 4 hrs to complete, w/officer. No, I did not transpose the numbers. I thought it ironic that the numbers had flipped.

Has anyone else noticed / experienced this increase in ship build / refit time?
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 988
    Hey, since there's probably a much better explanation to this than what you are assuming, I'll rewrite your post for you to make you sound less like a jerk. Here goes.

"Hey, I was wondering if there were any modifications made to build/refit times for ships. I built a Barracuda the other day, and I just went to build another, and I believe the build time is now longer for the same build. Also, I was refitting some Floating Fortresses, and noticed an increase in refit times as I got them done as well, and I am refitting them all the same way. Has there been a change, or am I experiencing some kind of glitch? Thanks."

See how I did that? I said basically the same thing, without sounding like a complete ****.
  • THE-MASTER-INF
    THE-MASTER-INF
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 976
    and why you got to be A complete **** Skilled warrior? Was no need for that.
  • exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    Back to the question - Kixeye, is there a glitch or has then been an update which increased build/refit times? If there has been an update, can we please have an explanation. Thank you.
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    MASTER-SP wrote: »
    and why you got to be A complete **** Skilled warrior? Was no need for that.

I was just trying to point out that not every question posed to Kixeye has to be done in such a manner. There is no need to get on the forums and start throwing insults and curses at them just because you don't understand why the game did something. You just explain your situation, and ask your question. Take a look around the forums, "greenhorn," and you'll see what I mean. Too many people make threads that start out with "Kixeyez skrewwed up agin, those morons! Why can't I put more than 7000 tuns on my FF and put 5 of them in a fleet? Wut do you mean itz ovurwayt? Fix your crap, idiots!"

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I have submitted my share of support tickets, and I have always been respectful and informative in them. And guess what? I get responses, and usually satisfactory resolutions. But you could search this entire forum, and you will not find a single thread with me on it lambasting Kixeye for anything. That won't get you anywhere. If you're not content, post your concerns. But don't insult them like they're subservient to you. People need to think about the things they say and post before they do it, just like in real life. If Kixeye were your boss, and you talked to them the way some people post here, you'd be fired. If Kixeye were a guy on the street, you'd probably be beaten. Clear cut cases of internet tough guys trying to throw their virtual weight around.

By the way, exracer, your abridged comment was much better.
  • exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    All I did was remove my frustration - about 3-4 sentences, the rest of the post is as I originally typed it.

Since I don't coin, adding more time to a ship build just really hurts (hence my original frustration - I'm feeling better now). I try very hard to be competitive and I'm not going to complain about coiners cause they're the reason I get to play for free. However, if this is a modification by Kixeye, then I have to wonder, why? I have read plenty of forum posts complaining about how long things take as it is. If this is an update, then why "add time" to something people are already complaining about?

I know I'm not alone in this experience. The few people I know who have had builds finish in the past couple of days admit their new build times are longer as well. However, we don’t have enough info to figure out where or why the additional time is coming from.

For instance, I put an assault missile on a ship to see how long it'd take. I don't remember each assault missile taking 1 full day to build / refit on a ship. I also tried sfb3 as a mod but it seemed to take the same 12 hrs. Has there been an update re: using drac weapons and build times? This is what I'd like to know. I will admit that each of my builds which had “added time” did include a drac weapon. However, I do not know if that is everyone's exp as well; hence the original question - which btw, I was hoping would garner attention.

So what are people experiencing? Are your build/refit times longer and if so, what is the rhyme or reason? Is it all weapons and armor which take longer? Just drac weapons? Anyone else experiencing this? And if it is an update, Kixeye can you please enlighten us. Thank you.
  • Torchwood
    Torchwood
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,634
    did your shipyard get destroyed recently?
    Battle Pirates
    IGN: Algarve
    Level: 44
    Current Sector: 74
    Sectors Visited: 15, 133, 274, 263, 192, 74
    Home Sector: 15
    Alliance: Rubber Fist
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    Hellspawn wrote: »
    Hey, since there's probably a much better explanation to this than what you are assuming, I'll rewrite your post for you to make you sound less like a jerk. Here goes.

"Hey, I was wondering if there were any modifications made to build/refit times for ships. I built a Barracuda the other day, and I just went to build another, and I believe the build time is now longer for the same build. Also, I was refitting some Floating Fortresses, and noticed an increase in refit times as I got them done as well, and I am refitting them all the same way. Has there been a change, or am I experiencing some kind of glitch? Thanks."

See how I did that? I said basically the same thing, without sounding like a complete ****.

Hey yaaa, since there's probably a much better way to answer a persons genuine question yaaa, than what you just did yaaa, I'll rewrite your post for you yaaaa, to make you sound less like a jerk yaaa, Here goes.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR SOMEBODIES QUESTION, DON'T POST AND ESPECIALLY DON'T BE A CONDESCENDING A**HOLE WHEN YOU DO!! (I hate trolls!)

Did YOU see just how much of a d*ck YOU look now?? There is only one jerk here and his name-tag reads, Hellspawn!
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    exracer327 wrote: »
    Back to the question - Kixeye, is there a glitch or has then been an update which increased build/refit times? If there has been an update, can we please have an explanation. Thank you.

I've noticed a jump in build times too. 2 jumps actually. Both just after base events. As for why, I can only assume it is to encourage a higher percentage in coinage by players. I'm just glad i'm very patient, you need to be in BP!
  • exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    Torchwood wrote: »
    did your shipyard get destroyed recently?

Since I was starting a brand new build with a perfectly fine shipyard when I noticed the build times had been increased; I do not believe a damaged shipyard is the culprit. The issue at hand is; when beginning each build (shipyard is 100% health), its estimated completion time is on average 15 hrs longer than it was just a week ago.
  • InterroGator
    InterroGator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 119
    Reaver, ya the dudes definately a troll . began his crap on one of my posts also.
    Sectors visited: 354,452,266,282,402,283,401,362,489,90,206,154,386,127,176,93,388,92

Level: 33 Toys: Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Dread-X, Light Cruiser (lol),Battle Cruiser, HH-A
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Reaver606 wrote: »
    Hey yaaa, since there's probably a much better way to answer a persons genuine question yaaa, than what you just did yaaa, I'll rewrite your post for you yaaaa, to make you sound less like a jerk yaaa, Here goes.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR SOMEBODIES QUESTION, DON'T POST AND ESPECIALLY DON'T BE A CONDESCENDING A**HOLE WHEN YOU DO!! (I hate trolls!)

Did YOU see just how much of a d*ck YOU look now?? There is only one jerk here and his name-tag reads, Hellspawn!

It's funny, the only people crying about my post seem to be people other than the OP. I simply pointed out that Exracer didn't need to make an angry post to get his point across. And he made a good change. Sue me for trying to make the forums less of a crybaby whine fest and get people to start making informed, clear posts without cursing and bashing Kixeye. Exracer seemed to understand the message.
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Reaver, ya the dudes definately a troll . began his crap on one of my posts also.

Same with you. On your post I pointed out that you don't need to make multiple posts crying about the same issue. If you, like many other forum users, would do a little more reading and a little less complaining, not only could you make better posts, but you may not even need to post because you could find an answer to your questions, because most of the time, they have already been asked and answered. Don't get mad at me because you can't accept criticism.
  • InterroGator
    InterroGator
    Minor Nuisance
    yadda yadda yadda. who cares.
    Sectors visited: 354,452,266,282,402,283,401,362,489,90,206,154,386,127,176,93,388,92

Level: 33 Toys: Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Dread-X, Light Cruiser (lol),Battle Cruiser, HH-A
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    yadda yadda yadda. who cares.

And that's the problem. People like you don't care, and that is why the forums are going to hell. Because you care only about yourself and what you want. As such, there are numerous multiple threads on the same topic, idiots reporting potential hackers on the forums, idiots chasing their support tickets on the forums, people posting threads in other languages, and cursing out Kixeye. Kixeye can't say the things I'm sure they'd love to, because they have to be professional. I don't.
  • Madman Sharp
    Madman Sharp
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,900
    exracer327 wrote: »
    Shortly after the last raid I built a new cuda, torp4 * 6, eng3, hull2, ra3 (cause I didn't have any fun sub research done at that time). The build took 4 days 5 hrs w/ an officer. I made note of it and told others via fb chat so I have a record of it.

I then went to refitting several of my ffs with some upgrades I had completed researching. So about 2.5 days ago (around Sat, 5/5), I noticed my ff refit (the same identical refit I'm doing to all 5 ships) changed from a 1 day 15 hr refit to a 2 day 6 hr refit. I thought I was just mistaken on the original refit times, although this was refit #3.

That is until today when I went to build a new ship and my (identical) cuda build popped up. It now says my cuda will take 5 days 4 hrs to complete, w/officer. No, I did not transpose the numbers. I thought it ironic that the numbers had flipped.

Has anyone else noticed / experienced this increase in ship build / refit time?

because kixeye developed the game and can make the times whatever they want.............duh........lol. :P
  • InterroGator
    InterroGator
    Minor Nuisance
    And that's the problem. People like you don't care, and that is why the forums are going to hell. Because you care only about yourself and what you want. As such, there are numerous multiple threads on the same topic, idiots reporting potential hackers on the forums, idiots chasing their support tickets on the forums, people posting threads in other languages, and cursing out Kixeye. Kixeye can't say the things I'm sure they'd love to, because they have to be professional. I don't.
    No douchebag, I do care about here......just not what you have to say. That is all, you may go now.

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    It's funny, the only people crying about my post seem to be people other than the OP. I simply pointed out that Exracer didn't need to make an angry post to get his point across. And he made a good change. Sue me for trying to make the forums less of a crybaby whine fest and get people to start making informed, clear posts without cursing and bashing Kixeye. Exracer seemed to understand the message.

Firstly Hellspawn, who made you forum moderator? who asked you to police peoples answers? NOBODY! you want to moderate the forums, apply for a job as a moderator! Kixeye are big boys, they can manage their own forums. The only person crying was you! His post was thorough, detailed and concise. At no point did i get the impression he was overly angry or abusive. He even proved he wasn't by being reasonable in the face of your condescending bullsh*t! If somebody spoke to me the way you did in RL, I'd knock them out!

As for why i'm complaining and not the OP? I'm sick of jumped up know-it-alls descending on peoples posts with no intention of answering their question, just to troll them with their own sense of superiority. YOU are the kind of person ruining these forums, not the original poster! By posting on his thread, YOU have made his post LESS informative, LESS clear and have dragged the focus away from a persons question. End of discussion, you can have the last word if you like hellspawn, cos it will be wrong anyway!
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    At no point did i get the impression he was overly angry or abusive.

You only read the edited version, which I complemented him on. And no one appointed me as moderator. I don't want the job, because I don't want the constraints. I prefer telling it like it is, without worrying about my boss saying it wasn't nice. So you can go on thinking what you like. I don't care. I post as I like, in the manner that the post I am commenting on was written. So, if you post like an idiot, expect that type of response from me. If you make an intelligent post, I will respond in kind. Perfect example here. Exracer's original post was written with a negative tone. I responded to that. He saw, apparently realized it, and made a change. Good for him. Unlike InterroGator, who must resort to childish name calling when he knows he can't cut it with me. The true sign that you have lost an argument is when you start name calling.
    By posting on his thread, YOU have made his post LESS informative, LESS clear and have dragged the focus away from a persons question. End of discussion, you can have the last word if you like hellspawn, cos it will be wrong anyway!

I had no intention of hijacking his thread. I simply made a point to him. It was you and Interrogator that decided to draw it out after the change was made. You can say what you want, but you're a fool if you think I will be insulted without a response. So, let's see if you stay true to your word and let this go.
  • popspicer
    popspicer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 22
    And still no answer as to why ship build/refit times are so long.