I'm new to the forum so guide me if I'm wrong:o, and sorry for my bad English.
The reason I create this guide is that I want to help people to be able to live in a peaceful world even in this angrily war game. Recently I've realized not only me want to play this game in peace (until my units are fully upgraded or I'm strong enough for the killing :P ), there are many bases became farms and people quitting the game unable to withstand the heat of battle . So here are several of my own tips for a long surviving:
Because my strategy of attacking I only build and upgrade a few types of unit, they are: Copter Drone (fully upgraded), Razorback (Fully upgraded), tanks (lvl 1 only for all kinds except the Mega), Heavy Gunner (Fully upgraded) and Hercules (I'm upgrading this one and I intend to upgrade it to max, very useful against air attack).
- Why Copter Drone: cost less time to build than a Helicopter (20 mins vs 2 hrs) which mean if some are killed off you can quickly rebuild them, the same amount of damage, enough range to kill some NPC (but with a high lvl, helicopters are still better for their longer range).
- Why Razorback: I'm a new player, I don't have Laser tank or long range gun truck or yet have Mega tank, so in Razorback is currently the highest range vehicle which can out ranged a Gun Turret.
- For tanks: always build the strongest available, scrap the all weaker ones to make room for stronger ones. And depend on deployment limit, build a fixed number of tanks that fit to that limit, leave some space for razorback and hercules. Tanks are only used when savage base, when there's no defensive matter left.
- Why heavy gunner: I don't use this unit any more, my bunkers are being left unoccupied. But they were really useful back when I was lvl 1 - 13. Long range, average damage to all, can be use to attack anything, instant build (build 5 units and click Instant
, an old trick).
- Why Hercules: please see below in defend strategy.
*Building defense- Group important buildings together - well, this is old :P - and place defensive turrets around them. Important building are: Command Center, storage, Power plants and under upgrading buildings. Better to places all at the center of your base, and never place turrets at the base's border, and more, it's better to group different type of turrets together, like 1 mortar and 1 Gun. And remember to upgrade your turrets for better defensive power.
For any1 has a lvl 4 CC, upgrade all 3 power plants but put only 2 under protection of turrets, 1 can be sacrificed, there would be no harm and you can protect 2 better than 3.
- Scatter other buildings around your base to: prevent enemy to drop units too close to your turrets for a surprise attack, become baits for enemy to attack (if your base's damage is greater than 50% then you will be under protection - there are still blood thirsty people fall for this trick :P).
- If you don't have much resource left then you can place the storage out of protection, they are not important anymore, while let other buildings have better protection. Even the CC can be placed out :P.
- If you have hercules - they are ideal for defend only so build only a few, 4 should be best - place 1 at each mortar turret, order them to "Stand Ground", they will be like a second gun turret to gun down air and infantry units => better protect for your mortar turrets which are weak to those threats.
- There are people who build lots of Humvee and Tanks (Rhino/ Paladin...), like 50% this and 50% that, place them in rows (so they won't be group easily and become good meal for attacker's tanks which attacks are explosive) ahhhh, this is ideal for defend, attacker will suffer a lot whether they use air or ground as their units being killed painfully. But this is not ideal for attacking, at least with the strategy I'm using, so think twice before you use this.
- If your lvl is low, under 12, you better upgrade your Factories to full for resource collecting because attacking NPC at that lvl is costly while the resource gain is not much. But in the contrary, higher lvl when you have razorback and copter drone, you don't need factories anymore, your resource will mostly come from NPC base
*Peaceful way to play
- First of all, be at peace
, don't attack other players unless they are really weaker than you and have lots of resource and don't have any strong friend with the same or 2 lvl higher than you :P. But again, I recommend to stay peaceful, people may be quitting because of you, and bully a weak opponent is no fun at all
. Let your enemy be the NPC.
- Second, if you are attacked by some strong guys that you are unable to retaliate, then try to make a peace treaty - all the strong people if not kind, they still have a high pride. Wait for your enemy to be online, then post your wish on the chat channel, like "Lets be at peace for a while" or "Don't attack me anymore"... etc. I know it's kinda lame to do so, but there's a saying "An avenger can lay low and strike at the most surprise time for today loss will be tomorrow win." or something alike :P.
- Force an alliance with others. You can do so in right in this forum or with just chat on the game chat channel. When you have friends means you'll have less enemy and also may scare off other lone wolfs as well
. (I'm a lone wolf right now haha but don't try to attack me for peace sake, I'm in sector WC-en-77, lvl 21)
- Keep a low profile, don't let your resource piling up, you don't want to attract some greedy people, do you?
Okay, this is the main part. This guide is only for attacking NPC bases, not human players. I rarely attack other players so I'm still lacking of exp. DON'T use this when attacking other players.
- Keep your ideal NPC bases alive:
Ideal NPC bases are bases with almost only tanks as defensive units. You keep them alive by not destroying their CC, in a certain time, all the damage done will be reset and the base become like new - time for another resource collecting. If the base is not ideal, keep destroying it until it become ideal.
- Why only tank is ideal: tanks can be easily destroyed with copter drones. When you attack, first, just deployed a tank out of any mortar rank, let it runs around the base to lure the NPC tanks out then deploy copter drones to destroy them. Very easy. If the tanks are "Stand Ground", then use the razorback to rain rockets from a far. yes, it's like they give you their tanks for free
- After you take care all the tank, time to care for the turret and bunker.
+ Razorbacks are for bunkers and Gun Turrets, but be careful for Mortar Turrets, just keep a safe distance to these mortars.
+ Copter drones are for Mortar, but keep a safe distance to the Gun Turrets.
+ Those above are delicate, so handle them with care.
+ You can attack NPC base as many times as you want, so you don't need to save your time but do things the fastest way. Ex: When the drones are far away from a target, just end attack and attack again, deploy them nearer to the target - this will save you a lot of time... or when the razorback unexpectedly destroy a building and some infantry guys appear shooting crazily at the back, don't bother killing them, this may damage your back badly, instead just End Attack and when you attack again, those crazy bastards are already begone...
+ Don't let the razorback running around, they may run on some mines and... boom, better let a tank do the job.
+ After all the defend are destroyed, End attack, for the next attack, deploy all your tank in as they are the best resource collectors.
+ But don't destroy the CC, unless you're tired of attacking this base and want a new challenge.
+ If you do this correctly, none of your unit will be damaged.
- What if the base is not ideal yet? By any mean, destroy its CC, here are some tips:
+ Lure all units out, using tanks to kill them, priority to anything that can anti air ====> then do the normal steps above but this time destroy the CC.
+ If the enemy is strong and your tanks are weak, then just lure them away then use several Suicide Bomber to blow them up (this is costly, so don't do it too often).
Here is the end of the guide, hope it help.
FYI, I'm a lvl 21, I have 1 lvl 24, 1 25 and 1 26 farm, they can give me 8 mil of each kind of resource each day and I don't need to take any look at any other else base. And I'm living in peace
P.S: If you need, I may post some videos to show the way that I attack base. Only if there's someone needs!