Damage Protection Post Update

Admiral_Ackabar
Admiral_Ackabar
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
edited 10 Apr 2012, 5:51PM
I love, LOVE this update. Let us get that out there first.

You brought the strategy back into real time, base attacks are no longer derka derka click n *popcorn*

but, aside from my known gripe about bubble abuse, here is some real feedback (hopefully my personal feelings are checked and this is seen as objective).

New Base patrol fleets, in the original announcement these were pointed as a way to help rid the abuse of damage protection.

Granted some players will stack defending fleets outside and inside they could have a heavy fleet of missiles or Dreads. That is a separate point, but let us assume there is no changes to weight limit of defending fleet.

IF it takes me a few fleets to clear the heavily armored defender patrols, that means I burned a few hits to clear them, especially if they are under the cover of a turret range.

So hit 1 is scout.

Hit 2-3 is base patrol clearing.

Hit 4 is prep.

Hit 5 is real hit?

if I fail on hit 5 or get jumped (thank God you left us a second to avoid jumping pirates) I jsut lost a hit or delayed, thats if I even got the right angle to enter.

after 5 hits a hour is given, we tested it, 0 damage gave me an hour. I dropped and 6 hit gave me another hour.

So lets say they got scouted quite a bit or attempted by a smaller pirate who failed on prep or patrol fleets. That means my attempt at clearance will give them a hour bubble!

On top of that the 2 day is still around!

Serious, I got so much faith in your post update fixes but this needs some serious viewing and tweaking.

2 day bubbles for NO damage is ridonkulous, and the hour bubble post 5 hits is lame.

especially end game players that have time in or even coined big fleets to patrol require a few hits to clear a base fleet.

Re-visit this idea please, the new updates are pimp but with this crusty old system it makes them game busters.
BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    We are revisiting damage protection rules, especially in the case of 0 damage attacks.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • CharlatanUK
    CharlatanUK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 255
    Fantastic! Zero damage should NEVER bubble a base, I'm glad you're on it.

• Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    We are revisiting damage protection rules, especially in the case of 0 damage attacks.

I know you guys will, like I said I love how your so in touch with the player base once the live updates hit

btw <3 that sig haha

• Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296

Relieved to hear that.
  • Stark Raven
    Stark Raven
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 371
    DeadSinner wrote: »
    Fantastic! Zero damage should NEVER bubble a base, I'm glad you're on it.

Was this an issue in "Alpha-Testing"??
  • MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 706
    Jelly or syrup??? i prefer syrup!!
  • robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    lol he doesnt say when did he?
  • A_Different_Name
    A_Different_Name
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 149
    Jelly or syrup??? i prefer syrup!!

Absolute dumbest troll ever. And I'm not sure if I'm referring to the comment or the poster.
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    robertg wrote: »

have you ever known a company to give a definite time?

come on now

• MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    Absolute dumbest troll ever. And I'm not sure if I'm referring to the comment or the poster.
    you dont have to like it or even get it,, but its true.
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553

What in the hell is taking this issue so long? Someone in Kixeye take their man pills, grow a sack, and STOP THE BUBBLE BUDDIES!
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Christian Spoerer
    Christian Spoerer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1
    They will never get rid of the bubbles purely because they will lose a lot of their income, the coiners hide behind their bubbles to protect their investments. Who will want to pay out on a game to get a HH ship for example for someone to enter the base and take it out? the coiners will leave by the droves!
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 988
    robertg wrote: »

Um... "Coming Soon?"
  • nerys
    nerys
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 672

First a note. I am level 31 and NEVER bubble up. Period.

BUT if your going to revisit damage protection rules are you going to do the "RIGHT" thing and "VISIT" why you need to even visit damage protection rules?

People bubble up because fleets are too powerful and bases are too weak.

when a level 38 fleet can attack a level 25 base that is not an attack. that is a slaughter. Period. End of Discussion.

this is what CAUSES people to bubble up. its not that its hard its IMPOSSIBLE to defend in that situation no matter WHAT you do.

if a "decently" designed base can be basically "taken" in a single wave or "EASILY" in two waves your game is BROKEN. its that simple. no base should be uncrackable but by the same token a "decently" designed based should not be KIDS PLAY to crack either.

and that is the problem. you have OP fleets attacking bases that literally can do NOTHING to defend against the attacker (and no the guarding fleet INSIDE the base will not be all that much help in this situation) the inside fleet will help ME a level 31 player very well. it won't be much help to a L25 player defending against a L38 fleet.

so before you "revisit damage protection" revisit WHY people are doing it. IE your game is broken in this aspect. FIX THAT first and then I think you will see your "bubble buddy" problem largely go away.
  • MikeHuntHurtz
    MikeHuntHurtz
    Strike-force Captain
    nerys wrote: »

BUT if your going to revisit damage protection rules are you going to do the "RIGHT" thing and "VISIT" why you need to even visit damage protection rules?

when a level 38 fleet can attack a level 25 base that is not an attack. that is a slaughter. Period. End of Discussion.

this is what CAUSES people to bubble up. its not that its hard its IMPOSSIBLE to defend in that situation no matter WHAT you do.

if a "decently" designed base can be basically "taken" in a single wave or "EASILY" in two waves your game is BROKEN. its that simple. no base should be uncrackable but by the same token a "decently" designed based should not be KIDS PLAY to crack either.

and that is the problem. you have OP fleets attacking bases that literally can do NOTHING to defend against the attacker (and no the guarding fleet INSIDE the base will not be all that much help in this situation) the inside fleet will help ME a level 31 player very well. it won't be much help to a L25 player defending against a L38 fleet.

so before you "revisit damage protection" revisit WHY people are doing it. IE your game is broken in this aspect. FIX THAT first and then I think you will see your "bubble buddy" problem largely go away.

ive heard this argument too many times.. leave buddy bubbles the way they are just make it so ppl cant hit 5 levels below them.. :crying:
    buddy bubblers area rarely attacked because they are "bubble Buddies" they dont care about attacker or fleet level attacker doesnt has a magic bubble popper... and fleet level is different than fleet level to begin with.. ppl run aroun with leve 6 or 9 sub fleets solo woolf fleet low level and attack level 38 fleets then hide in bubbles.. sorry but if dont bubble up ppl will retaliate on you just cuz u dont have a bubble.. blame the buddy bubblers they are the ones responsible for you getting leveled. either that or your base isnt at all what u think it is.
  • Jacko122
    Jacko122
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 150
    nerys wrote: »

^^ +1

Im level 28 and a farm for 32+'s (and with the new update even more of a farm!). Lvl3 turrets blow over when hit with big drac mortars on dreadnaughts and HHs. Arranged however you want, they still dont put up a fight. Its literally impossible for me to get DU4 at the moment, as soon as I unbubble all the res ive struggled to collect get taken again. It aint fun, it sucks. Without a CC, or being that guy in the bubble, your screwed. Fix that problem and you fix the bubble problem.
    **** is not retaliation.

Im on top of the world at 20,17 <- Come at me Bro! :cool:
  • John Swint
    John Swint
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 21
    Jacko122 wrote: »
    ^^ +1

Im level 28 and a farm for 32+'s (and with the new update even more of a farm!). Lvl3 turrets blow over when hit with big drac mortars on dreadnaughts and HHs. Arranged however you want, they still dont put up a fight. Its literally impossible for me to get DU4 at the moment, as soon as I unbubble all the res ive struggled to collect get taken again. It aint fun, it sucks. Without a CC, or being that guy in the bubble, your screwed. Fix that problem and you fix the bubble problem.

Amen, amen. My girlfriend is a 26 and I a 30, and a constant farm to a 31, all because the attacker has dreadnaughts. All we do is collect res to upgrade, and now all we do is line their pockets with res since we cant bubble. we dont attack anybody. but now ur allowing us to b attacked without cause. seems right, doesnt it. NOT!!!
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    hmmmmm..dont say nothing if u aint got nothing to say
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • TheRealGitmo
    TheRealGitmo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 467

You'll never get to step 4, the patrol fleet auto-repairs :p
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    if your lv 28+ and you got blue towers, your concentrated on the wrong aspect of the game and are paying the price.

Focus on your base then work on fleets, whats the point of having awesome salvage fleets and base fleets if you cant protect your loot.

and Viper thats a bug easily fixed, expect that to be the first of tomorrows hotfixes, besides I cleared out a base patrol fleet for a buddy and it wasnt there when he went in and he cleared a patrol fleet for me and it wasnt there when I went in.

scroll over the experience bar what does it say?
    "Build ships and send your fleet out to plunder enemy resources"

what does it not say?
    "Protect your base with a unbreakable force field and get other players to open salvages for you"

dont like the game setup, play another game, all you are is a chat room junkie

• duncan
    duncan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 489
    a simple word of advice to any1 that lives in a bubble due to fear of higher level players farming them..... RELOCATE
  • Crusher Sec 1
    Crusher Sec 1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 114
    if your lv 28+ and you got blue towers, your concentrated on the wrong aspect of the game and are paying the price.

Focus on your base then work on fleets, whats the point of having awesome salvage fleets and base fleets if you cant protect your loot.

and Viper thats a bug easily fixed, expect that to be the first of tomorrows hotfixes, besides I cleared out a base patrol fleet for a buddy and it wasnt there when he went in and he cleared a patrol fleet for me and it wasnt there when I went in.

scroll over the experience bar what does it say?
    "Build ships and send your fleet out to plunder enemy resources"

what does it not say?
    "Protect your base with a unbreakable force field and get other players to open salvages for you"

dont like the game setup, play another game, all you are is a chat room junkie

AMEN John
    [CENTER]Nunc aut nunquam
    Dutch Pirates never surrender

Home sector: Sector 1 [SIZE=3][B][I]'Better lose a fair fight, then win a fight cheating'[/I][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
  • creditdoc
    creditdoc
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 211
    So hit 1 is scout.

Hit 4 is prep.

Hit 5 is real hit?

LOL..yea..that's how it went in the real pirate world. And sometimes they even took vacations between hits because you can always come back and finish it later...
  • Cyaneye
    Cyaneye
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 992
    5 hit by the same person in 1 hour = damage protection for 1 hour.

10 hits total in 1 day = 2 day protection.

So you could potentially have a friend with wolves help with the patrol fleet.
    "Jack of all trades, master of none."
    The M wrote: »
    Cyaneye is 100% correct as far as I understand this.
    While the submarine is vastly superior to the boat in every way, over 97% of people still use boats for aquatic transportation.
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    5 hits is actually worse... if lets say, it takes at least 2 hours to 2 db a offline player if it is 4 hits, but 5 hits make it 1 hr.