Events and Coiners

wmcraft
wmcraft
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 26
edited 5 Apr 2012, 4:44PM
Pretty much the people that pay are the ones that are able to get the event ships. How many of you are able to run up 12 million points or more and not pay a single dime repairing a ship? Doesn't matter how much or how hard I try I still end up having to spend cash to get into the top 10 in these events. Should take the coin out the events and see what kind of competition we really have in this game for those weekends. Of course I don't see that happening but it would level the playing field for others that don't have the money to spend on repairs and other nonsense.
  • Connery
    Connery
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 388
    These threads really need to stop. It's those of that coin that allow you to play for free. We are rewarded for coining, and you are rewarded with a game that you can continue playing for free.
    Allow me to summarize: The coiners allow you to play for free, and there are plenty of non-coiners that win the event-only ships.
  • BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    ^^ couldn't have said it better myself
    Sink or Swim
  • Powder
    Powder
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 505
    **** I love my Dreads :P
    Raid Hull's: Marauder / Gunboat
    Full Of: Love and Happiness
  • Michael Rega
    Michael Rega
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,878
    Love these newbies who think everything won is bought...plenty of people have won the events that did not spend money or very little on the events. I won a dread with only 3M points, no money spent cause the sector I was in did not really participate in the raid.
    Level 81 Home Sector: 31 / Current Sector: Retired / Sectors Visited: 13 (2), 19, 31 (18), 34, 49 (2), 70, 78, 82, 105, 107, 108, 122 (4), 123 (2), 124, 127, 133, 134, 143, 148, 156, 183, 185, 192 (2), 206, 207, 213 (2), 221 (2), 225, 229 (2), 235 (2), 236, 241, 255 (2), 263, 265, 268, 269, 273 (2), 281, 288, 299, 300, 309, 321, 328, 334, 336 (2), 337, 349 (3), 360, 377, 381 (2), 390, 405, 414 (5), 416, 419, 440, 445, 475, 499 (2), 500
    Alliances: PKC, TLW, KR, ****, RBCS
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    This exact topic has been discussed many times already. Allow me to summarize: The coiners allow you to play for free, and there are plenty of non-coiners that win the event-only ships.
  • linobergeron
    linobergeron
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 200
    comfirm, no coin for me and got the dread....!

cannot buy skill...lol

but now i like it enough i might buy some coin ...
    Sorcerak sector 476 , Bennetts Buckaneers, French division, owner of Dreadnought and more
  • mcneild
    mcneild
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 7
    i know there a lot of coiner, the make money from the coiner and non-coiner do have get it as well. u should disagree with it, if u get them mad about it they might just change it to a pay game only. the game is fun i have not coin any yet. the event ships r nice and u always have a choice u can try winning it with out coining or u can join them and try get it with coining. it our choice not they're problem if u don't want to coin
  • Paul Webster
    Paul Webster
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 112
    Bare in mind that the coiners would still have the advantage over the non coiners if they stopped alling coin repairsd for an event. How many ships capable of helping to win an event do you think a heavy coiner will have sat in their dock? What you are suggesting would actually hurt the players that only coin for the events more than the heavy coiners.

At the end of the day its not compulsory to spend on this game, if it gets to the point where people decide there is no advantage to coining guess what, they stop spending and the game closes, so be thankful they have these events to encourage people to spend.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    lol

Okay let me spell it out for you that are whining here.

First off coin does not make up for skill. There are some that coin that have skillz and there are those that do not coin that have skillz. Those that have chosen to coin are what makes the game free for everyone else. I USED to coin. I MAY coin in the future but not now.

As for the events. Stop whining and try to win it on your own skillz. I have seen people that have not had the large ships win raids in sectors. I saw one guy win an HH with JUST BB's and skill.

I won the Dread in my sector and I did not coin. It's all about knowing what your skillz are and working with that and your ship builds and building smart builds of ships. If you build crap then yes you are going to be down a long time for repairs.

I've seen SO MANY people build crap ships and whine. One example of this is them NOT reading the descriptions and understanding what those mean. IE that when it says +10% weapon weight that applied to ALL the weapons on the ship not just ballistic, missile, rockets etc.

If you play stupid then that is your fault.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • aps
    aps
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 561
    <---- did not coin won a ship 11.7 mil ,cheers swag
  • Ip_Dark_Reaper
    Ip_Dark_Reaper
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 366
    wmcraft wrote: »
    Pretty much the people that pay are the ones that are able to get the event ships. How many of you are able to run up 12 million points or more and not pay a single dime repairing a ship? Doesn't matter how much or how hard I try I still end up having to spend cash to get into the top 10 in these events. Should take the coin out the events and see what kind of competition we really have in this game for those weekends. Of course I don't see that happening but it would level the playing field for others that don't have the money to spend on repairs and other nonsense.
    Not like its impossible ive won without paying a cent and got to 8mill, you just need the right fleet/fleets
    IGN: ip_Dark_Reaper
    LeveL: 30 31 32 33 34
    Group: Infamous Pirates
    Eco-friendly Pirate, I hit insector to save gas and keep the prices down, no need to thank me your resources are enough reward.
    Videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/ipDarkReaper?feature=mhee
  • Friendly
    Friendly
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 304
    I have payed 10$ but I "only" played like 10 hours a day, i was third in my sector with 8mil.
    -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . ! / --- .-. / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / --. --- --- --. .-.. . / .. - / ..--.. / .... .- .... .-
  • wmcraft
    wmcraft
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 26
    For those of you that like to keep reminding that people who pay help to keep the game free...go get a life. I do spend money and i do understand the dynamics of what the paying customer does for the game. I appreciate the answers from the people that just respond to the statement and don't get into name calling. I'm really glad someone can actually win in the tournaments without spending a dime on ship repairs it helps me to understand I need to spend more time working with the skills for the ships. Thanks to all those that just posted an adult response to a discussion topic.
  • Jw-Drowning
    Jw-Drowning
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,535
    Connery wrote: »
    These threads really need to stop. It's those of that coin that allow you to play for free. We are rewarded for coining, and you are rewarded with a game that you can continue playing for free.

Thank you Connery
    JW-Drowning Leader of: The Drowning

Raid Ships Won:Hammer Head A,Battle Cruiser,Light Cruiser,Strike Cruiser,Destroyer,Dreadnought, Barracuda, Goliath,Interdictor
    Send In A Ticket
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base. I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
  • bees
    bees
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
    wmcraft wrote: »
    For those of you that like to keep reminding that people who pay help to keep the game free...go get a life. I do spend money and i do understand the dynamics of what the paying customer does for the game. I appreciate the answers from the people that just respond to the statement and don't get into name calling. I'm really glad someone can actually win in the tournaments without spending a dime on ship repairs it helps me to understand I need to spend more time working with the skills for the ships. Thanks to all those that just posted an adult response to a discussion topic.

Wow you are **** ignorant did you read what SWAG wrote to you? With out coining it wouldn't be a game called Battle Pirates, you act like a spoiled child that get something for free and isn't happy with it and want more. "Sigh" try use common sense next time.
  • Donald Mahlert
    Donald Mahlert
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 94
    <
    coined and won.....Deal with it.
    WETDRM-DS lvl 61
    ID# 337550