This is Why Kixeye Needs To Ignore More People (When do I get a Dreadnought)

Dark_Matter
Dark_Matter
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2011 Posts: 918
edited 2 Apr 2012, 4:09PM
I posted this as a reply to a thread where someone (yet again) was asking when the Dread would be available to the general population.

They basically said, "You gave out the hammerheads. When do we get the Dreadnaughts???

My reply:

"twitch twitch" See, those of us who have seen this before knew this was going to happen

Us: KIXEYE please give us all hammerheads.

KIXEYE: It was a special raid prize. Sorry you missed out.

Us: KIXEYE give us the ****ing raid prize or we will whine.

KIXEYE: Here are some subs.

Us: Screw these subs we want the Hammerheads.

KIXEYE: Here, here's an even bigger sub.

Us: These subs suck, we want Hammerheads.

KIXEYE: Yes but if we give you HHs you will just expect us to give you ALL the raid prizes and then people will stop competing in the raids because they know they can just wait and get the ships for free.

Us: No we won't

KIXEYE: Fine we will give you a lesser version of the Hammerhead but it won't be yellow or orange and won't be as strong as the RR winners.

Us: Thanks KIXEYE for caving to our whining.

KIXEYE: It's cool. This coming raid we are going to have a ship called a Dreadnaught.

Us: KIXEYE, please give us all Dreadnaughts.

KIXEYE: But you haven't even finished your HHs yet.

Us: It's ok, we're using our subs.

KIXEYE: <Facepalm>

Us: So about those Dreads?

KIXEYE: <What they think> Screw You, Dreads wouldn't even be next on the list ok!!?? There are two other ships that you would be looking at before you even saw a Dread you greedy, whiny, ungrateful wastes of skin.

KIXEYE: <What the Say> Have a platform defense and look at this shiny distraction.
Battle Pirates: The Aldierus Chronicles<---Click Here

My Base Doesn't have to be the Best. It just has to be a harder target than yours.

Putting a Memorial in an enemy sector is like putting a big red shiny button in my face saying "DON'T PUSH"
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    they will probably add an aircraft carrier as i can't think of any other hull to give people instead
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,045
    +1
    When I read this in the other thread, I laughed, I cried... it became a part of me. Glad you brought it to the front.
    To err is human, to REALLY **** things up takes KIXEYE
    .,?!;: ← These are tools, use them. The "Enter" key is your friend as well ;)
    DreadPirateVitus-DS
    Level 33
    Sector 438
    Yeah, I got it all the goodies from BI 3,4,5 and 6 too
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 371
    Honestly, I'm for the raid hulls becoming available as bps, from the suped up HHs, to the Dread, and yes, even the cruiser. But I know those who won them worked hard/spent a lot of money, and I'm doing fine without them, so I'm not going to complain if I don't get them.

And for those who want to whine that they should stay exclusive because of how much money was spent, the months of having them exclusive and not having to find bps when they are released to everyone is an advantage enough. But like I said, I'll be ok if they stay exclusive.
    Hmm, I don't recall saying all those things, but that is SO what I would have said.
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    Calaway049 wrote: »

And for those who want to whine that they should stay exclusive because of how much money was spent, the months of having them exclusive and not having to find bps when they are released to everyone is an advantage enough. But like I said, I'll be ok if they stay exclusive.

One giant thing your missing in that is the 72 hours of no sleep spent earning those boats. It doesn't matter how much you spend if you don't put the time in. To say, oh he has to get a set of blueprints for it is not work. You can get those are your own leisure, with a certain amount of luck. I might agree to this if Kixeye drops the BP's behind say a level 40 salvage or level 99 Drac Outpost. Gotta drop it in one run with a .005% drop rate. Don't drop it in one run and no BP.
    Collector Toys:

Dreadnought, Dreadnought X, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Interdictor, Barracuda, Destroyer, Battleship, Spectre, Hammer Head B, Corvette, Destroyer, Halo Missile and Light Cruiser! Plus lots and lots of armors and stuff.

http://youtu.be/qv9VKKXwVxU They even made a song about me!
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    The_Jerk wrote: »
    One giant thing your missing in that is the 72 hours of no sleep spent earning those boats. It doesn't matter how much you spend if you don't put the time in. To say, oh he has to get a set of blueprints for it is not work. You can get those are your own leisure, with a certain amount of luck. I might agree to this if KIXEYE drops the BP's behind say a level 40 salvage or level 99 Drac Outpost. Gotta drop it in one run with a .005% drop rate. Don't drop it in one run and no BP.
    Recycle of appropriate post from another thread:

It's been 4 months since RRII, and 3 months since RRIII.
    That is loads of time to reap a singular benefit unavailable to the masses.

Yes, y'all 'worked hard' during the 2 or three days.
    But that was then, and this is now.
    If this game is to survive, the 99% non-raid-winners need a way to eventually catch up.
    You cannot expect that your one-time ability to be around and on-line over an entire particular weekend in November, 2011 (or whenever) means that you will have a permanent and insurmountable advantage forever.
    Why would anyone else continue to play this game? Why would new players stick around once they realize the wall in front of them?

If a hull were to be part of a future Tier III bp requiring, say, 10 pieces, then you would need to hit 10 / (2%) = 10*50= 500 salvage-8 or salvage 9's on average to 'earn' it (or something very close to it).
    This is NOT taking into account the fact that you would be filling up 3 other BP at the same time, requiring 2000 salvage 8 or 9 to be hit.
    If you assume an average of 5 minutes / hit, thats 2000 * 5 min = 10 000 minutes (166 hours) to earn a hull.

That's at least twice as much 'hard work' as the raid winners expended.

Some folk will CC a hull once they have a few bits.
    This is a new cash-stream for KE, which is good for the game if they plow some of it into R&D.

Meanwhile, raid winners still have their toys, and all of the loot/hits/benefits they have piled up over the last few months.

Those 166 hours means that an avid 6h/day player will still need 29 days to get a complete new hull BP.
    And THEN they have to spend days and days (or $ and $) to build them.

Sounds like win-win-win to me:
    a) raid winners keep massive head start
    b) other 99% get new goals and a slim chance for future parity with historic winners
    c) those (like myself) who feel shafted by hackers getting prizes in the days before KE could catch them are mollified.
    d) KIXEYE should get more money (and more players retained, which is likely even more money)
    e) this particular source of forum whining is shut down.

For these reasons, I support giving out all raid stuff (or slightly nerfed clones*) via blueprints after a suitable holdback period.
    I suggest 60 days. When you add on the month of salvage hunting, this is at least 90 days plus build time.

(OR, KIXEYE could hide these goodies in the Drac bases that will be attackable 'soon'.)

* If this is being considered: Please do not, do not, DO NOT 'buff' the legacy raid prizes (like what happened with HHA,HHB vs HHC) to placate the raid winners, as their inventory of raid hulls are strong enough now. Instead, nerf some minor stat (and maybe the paint jobs) on the BP version, so that the masses are not even further behind the raid winners.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Oh, look. Whining about whining. How forum original.

Sooner or later, due to the nature of the game, something of comparable power will be released to the other 99% of the players. It's simply the nature of ongoing games with an evolving power curve. I actually wish they had simply created a new graphic and name rather than making it the Hammerhead. The tears of the raid winners when there wasn't any excuse to buff their shiny toys would have been all the more delicious. The dreadnought would be all the more hilarious since it's base stats were over-inflated I'm guessing based on the buff to the HH A and B. If you look at the scaling of base armor (BB to levi to FF, etc), the 5k armor on the Dreadnought only fits the curve in relation to the buffed raid prizes 3k.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Hmm, I don't recall saying all those things, but that is SO what I would have said.
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior

And this is now my signature....
  • McShivers
    McShivers
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,077
    You forgot the part where people that won whined until they got bonus stats on their HH-B's because "their HHs" were going to be released, when it turns out it was a Forsaken Skinned HH, and not the Raid HH skin.

Alot of people that whine about people wanting a level playing field have no idea how MMOs usually work or the mechanics involved.
    Their headquarters and servers are in america. If you dont like it, dont play american made games. Enough said!
    [QUOTE=Kixeye CM
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    McShivers wrote: »
    You forgot the part where people that won whined until they got bonus stats on their HH-B's because "their HHs" were going to be released, when it turns out it was a Forsaken Skinned HH, and not the Raid HH skin.

This is why I said if raid hull are released, the unique HHs need to be released with them.
  • Remco Volatile
    Remco Volatile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 353
    The_Jerk wrote: »
    One giant thing your missing in that is the 72 hours of no sleep spent earning those boats. It doesn't matter how much you spend if you don't put the time in. To say, oh he has to get a set of blueprints for it is not work. You can get those are your own leisure, with a certain amount of luck. I might agree to this if KIXEYE drops the BP's behind say a level 40 salvage or level 99 Drac Outpost. Gotta drop it in one run with a .005% drop rate. Don't drop it in one run and no BP.

One giant thing you are missing is that it was you're own choice. The 72 hrs of no sleep.

I do have a RL, and I do NOT have that choice.
    I can and never will be able to put this much time in it, no matter what.

You do have that luxury, ok, pure LUXURY!
    Maybe having the hull, its color and name on the winners list ain't enough. Don't know.

But do you really need to act like a winner-whiner and try/make the advantage permanent ?
    And this is just because you have the luxury to waste/spend/play many many more hrs compared to most of the players.

The only thing 'the rest' asks is a way or meaning to obtain the SAME hull.
    Not the tuned down one, the exact same. You keep that distinct color.
    That's it, we don't expect it to be given away.

If only kixeye had a spine, pfff.
    Your happiness is our primary objective and everything that we do to improve the game is aimed at increasing it.
    robertg wrote: »
    ah ackabar and dredbull, kings of the trolls in the frontline together.
    all go to sleep, there is nothing to worry about, game is just fine, you just need to change all your settings to reduce lag a bit, offcourse all the new players will understand that and do that at once to play this wonderfull game.

doesn't play anymore, former userid : 59919
  • McShivers
    McShivers
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,077
    Calaway049 wrote: »
    This is why I said if raid hull are released, the unique HHs need to be released with them.

While that would be awesome - people that win "epic" events or otherwise 'win' an event; a special skin that can only be gotten for winning or being in the top (x) is suitable. if they released the HH-A and HH-B skins; it would be complete and total war on the forums, and the rest of the winners that dont go to war against all of the other players would quit and the likes.

Let them have their special skins, but no bonuses are necessary.
    Their headquarters and servers are in america. If you dont like it, dont play american made games. Enough said!
    [QUOTE=Kixeye CM
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    McShivers wrote: »
    While that would be awesome - people that win "epic" events or otherwise 'win' an event; a special skin that can only be gotten for winning or being in the top (x) is suitable. if they released the HH-A and HH-B skins; it would be complete and total war on the forums, and the rest of the winners that dont go to war against all of the other players would quit and the likes.

Let them have their special skins, but no bonuses are necessary.

By unique HH i meant the stats. I couldn't care less about the color they make it.
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    I think I should point out that I haven't seen anybody whine about not having the battle cruiser BP. lol

My Base Doesn't have to be the Best. It just has to be a harder target than yours.

Putting a Memorial in an enemy sector is like putting a big red shiny button in my face saying "DON'T PUSH"
  • jay1980
    jay1980
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 205
    so was the battle cruizer a flop? i dont see anyone begging for those
    DONTPEEINMYCHEERIOS
    Level 32
    user id 98043
    Sector Unknown
    Allaince Traveling Reapers
    Coming to a sector near you to see lots of :crying:
    Chuck Norris built a base and i leveled it that makes me a badass
  • jay1980
    jay1980
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 205
    damnit sorry joey didnt see your post above mine
    im so freaking slow
    DONTPEEINMYCHEERIOS
    Level 32
    user id 98043
    Sector Unknown
    Allaince Traveling Reapers
    Coming to a sector near you to see lots of :crying:
    Chuck Norris built a base and i leveled it that makes me a badass
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    One giant thing you are missing is that it was you're own choice. The 72 hrs of no sleep.

I do have a RL, and I do NOT have that choice.
    I can and never will be able to put this much time in it, no matter what.

You do have that luxury, ok, pure LUXURY!
    Maybe having the hull, its color and name on the winners list ain't enough. Don't know.

But do you really need to act like a winner-whiner and try/make the advantage permanent ?
    And this is just because you have the luxury to waste/spend/play many many more hrs compared to most of the players.

The only thing 'the rest' asks is a way or meaning to obtain the SAME hull.
    Not the tuned down one, the exact same. You keep that distinct color.
    That's it, we don't expect it to be given away.

If only KIXEYE had a spine, pfff.

Too bad so sad.

Yeah so you don't have the luxury of doing a 72 hour raid. Ok. Fine. so?

I don't have the luxury of training for the **** olympics, do you see me complaining that i dont have a gold medal?

Dont ask for a prize if you don't play the game. Its stupid.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,246
    Dude Very NICE THREAD! this is SOOO true... hell lf they release the dreads. 99% of the people that play this game wouldnt have a clue how to use them proper anyways lol or would **** about how they cant build them and have to pretty much spend coin.. Raid prizes should stay raid prizes... THE HH should be the last ship that was released and ever will be released..

I will say this..

I think KIXEYE should about every 8 months or so have a special event raid. It would start over with the ship prizes in the previous raids HH= A.. HH=B. and so on.That way the only way you can have these ships is win one. You dont win it .. you will never have it.

• Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    Dude this is SOOO true... hell let them release the dreads. 99% of the people that play this game wouldnt have a clue how to use them proper anyways lol or would **** about how they cant build them and have to pretty much spend coin.. Raid prizes should stay raid prizes... THE HH should be the last ship that was released.. They want a raid ship they can win it like all the other winners before them did.

Agreed. Kixeye should just make different ships, and when the power curve passes the raid winners by let them cry for buffs for their now outdated ships. I, for one, would be perfectly happy with a Forsaken Super Fortress and quite content to let the raid winners stroke their ships and sadly mutter about how 20% damage resistance is way better than a couple extra points of speed and 4x the cargo capacity.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    I posted this as a reply to a thread where someone (yet again) was asking when the Dread would be available to the general population.

They basically said, "You gave out the hammerheads. When do we get the Dreadnaughts???

My reply:

"twitch twitch" See, those of us who have seen this before knew this was going to happen

KIXEYE: Yes but if we give you HHs you will just expect us to give you ALL the raid prizes and then people will stop competing in the raids because they know they can just wait and get the ships for free.

KIXEYE: Fine we will give you a lesser version of the Hammerhead but it won't be yellow or orange and won't be as strong as the RR winners.

KIXEYE: It's cool. This coming raid we are going to have a ship called a Dreadnaught.

KIXEYE: <What they think> Screw You, Dreads wouldn't even be next on the list ok!!?? There are two other ships that you would be looking at before you even saw a Dread you greedy, whiny, ungrateful wastes of skin.

KIXEYE: <What the Say> Have a platform defense and look at this shiny distraction.

OP you forgot part of the convo,

Us: Kixeye these Battlecruisers Suck ****.

Kixeye: Sorry we facked that raid up bad and didn't make enough money, so fack you.

Us:Kixeye the stats on the Sea Scorpion needs tweeking

Kixeye: Ok we made out pretty good on this money grab here's a turn speed buff to make it viable.
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere : How about I give you some BP resources for, say, a share of ownership in your house?
    KIXEYE CS Krypt0night : *sigh* I showed Yoda this thread and he told me that I should close it because fear led to this anger and this anger will lead to hate, followed soon after by suffering.
  • captain_caveman
    captain_caveman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 20
    Sorry but I think the raid hulls should stay that way and not be released. We work very hard for them. And lower lv players say it is unfair. Well I won the Dread at lv 27 and the Scorpion at lv 29. Would I like the other hulls yes, but I understand I will not get them . And for everyone that says the winners have a big advantage and that players will quit the game. Do the math, 4 winners per sector, 500 sectors. Thats only 2,000 ships and how many people play this game. Sounds like people want the prize without the work.
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    Sorry but I think the raid hulls should stay that way and not be released. We work very hard for them. And lower lv players say it is unfair. Well I won the Dread at lv 27 and the Scorpion at lv 29. Would I like the other hulls yes, but I understand I will not get them . And for everyone that says the winners have a big advantage and that players will quit the game. Do the math, 4 winners per sector, 500 sectors. Thats only 2,000 ships and how many people play this game. Sounds like people want the prize without the work.

You and Your Logic have no place here. Now cue the whiners who will claim that you are only saying that because you have a dread while ignoring the rest of your statement.

• Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    Forum is giving me lately more fun then the game itself....:lol:
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    I don't have a Dread wish I did, but I didn't try hard enough for it so I don't . Think releasing them would be a bad Idea people did work hard for em they should have the bragging rights.
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere : How about I give you some BP resources for, say, a share of ownership in your house?
    KIXEYE CS Krypt0night : *sigh* I showed Yoda this thread and he told me that I should close it because fear led to this anger and this anger will lead to hate, followed soon after by suffering.
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Ron Valk wrote: »
    Forum is giving me lately more fun then the game itself....:lol:
    Lol yes me too , the game is getting Monotonous and boring.............
  • bees
    bees
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
    The HH kixeye gave out was really bad and isn't so good as FF so if KIEXEY gives out dreads later they probably be nerfed and suck as much as the new-HHs!
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    bees wrote: »
    The HH kixeye gave out was really bad and isn't so good as FF so if KIEXEY gives out dreads later they probably be nerfed and suck as much as the new-HHs!

I agree with the HH statement, I built one and scrapped it, still like my ff's better
  • sharpfamily
    sharpfamily
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,899

My reply:

i dont see swag saying that last part of what you wrote
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    i dont see swag saying that last part of what you wrote

Then you should read some more.

• grim arr
    grim arr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 127

My reply:

is this the coolest kat ever..luv this guy.wtg!! :)