Swag...some people are curious....

Therrash
Therrash
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
edited 30 Jan 2012, 2:18AM
How long have most mortars done 75% of their damage to buildings(unless otherwise stated)?

I know it's a been a while and I've seen it posted (just can't find it) somewhere.

People are still spazzing out over the new stats listed in the weapon descriptions and are under the impression that all the weapons have been nerfed.

When people try to explain they haven't been nerfed, it's been that way for a while, and Kixeye is now just updating the weapon descriptions to include building damage, they cry BS and ask for a source.
Treenail wrote: »
I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
User I.D. 1560232
OS - OSX for Mac
Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
Browser used - Safari
Lvl 56
Sector 253
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    The mortars have always worked the way that their current descriptions depict. There has been no "nerf".
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • DTH-rw
    DTH-rw
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 522
    The mortars have always worked the way that their current descriptions depict. There has been no "nerf".

Do mortars do 75% of there damage to buildings?
    You can't imitate perfection.
    Shiba wrote: »
    you must of been one of those that cored out the lvl 28 bases then..
    NOT being able to core out the base is a good thing.
    i bet i can core out ur base noob
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473

now how will you nail that into other peoples heads lol most are dumb
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Therrash
    Therrash
    DTH-rw wrote: »
    Do mortars do 75% of there damage to buildings?

Check your labs and look at the stats....

D71-L 600 damage, damage to buildings 450 , (600 x .75 = 450)

PM4 688 damage, damage to buildings 516 (688 x .75 = 516)

DM4 304 damage, damage to buildings 228 (304 x .75 = 228)

The assault mortar D73 series only do %20 of their damage to buildings hence 1200 damage , damage to building 240 (1,200 x .20 = 240) and that is because the assault mortars are meant for fleet versus fleet instead on ship to land combat.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    wesker wrote: »
    now how will you nail that into other peoples heads lol most are dumb

One thing is for sure Wesker, there is nothing common about sense.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    How long have most mortars done 75% of their damage to buildings(unless otherwise stated)?
    don't think it was ever announced what the mortar damage was changed to. Originally it was announced there was 33% effectiveness... later (Aug or so?) it was doubled to 66%. Pretty sure that the 66% was reflected on the weapon description but not certain. Then it went away, but without an update from the devs like previously and I *believe* it was assumed morts were now at 100% (which obviously is not the case).

75% is new info to me, maybe there was an announcement somewhere, but follow fairly closely and would assume it's pretty safe to say that most likely missed it IF there was an announcement for the morts doing 75% currently.

I'm still wondering though how the half damage numbers factor in... since not too long ago some players found out that nearly all weapons were doing about half their listed damage (both def and offensive weapons). Then Kixeye tried to update the stats to reflect the true values and everyone flipped out so they were left at double.

Does the 75% damage reflect the double damage stats... or the true damage rate and thus morts at 75% of their listed stats, are even better than their counterparts which are only 50% effective?