Damage Protection Discussion

Gail_lim
Gail_lim
Strike-force Captain
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 622
edited 2 Feb 2012, 11:02PM
:confused: Bubble pirates have really spoil this game. Everyday pirates in sector 419 bubble themselves i mean its spoils this game if there's no fix for this i think i might really quit. Its meaningless to play anymore;)
Angel Base Design OP5<<< Click Link!:D
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Attachment not found.
    Seriously its horrible to have that 10 hits bubble. Since players abuse the system then remove it. Keep the 25% bubble will do
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    We are reviewing the rules for DP and they will most likely change in the near future.
  • Connor-1015584
    Connor-1015584
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,122
    Same thing with 314 subbles. (bubbles and subs) They bubble eachover ALL THE TIME.
    Phule wrote: »
    In conclusion, adapt, overcome, the game isn't impossible just different.
    Level- 29 and PROUD of it!
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    We are reviewing the rules for DP and they will most likely change in the near future.

Really appreciated Swag. :D Hopefully soon
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    I know how irritating it is Gail but you have to consider that this is the only way a level 27-28 can hold onto resources to get their du4 tier 4 base upgrades. I personally think that once someone hits level 30 they shouldnt get this type of bubble anymore.

p.s. Your avatar pic is distracting...
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Same thing with 314 subbles. (bubbles and subs) They bubble eachover ALL THE TIME.

LOL my base is always open unless they come hit me like over and over again. But when i want revenge they bubble up haha. :crying:
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Spack wrote: »
    I know how irritating it is Gail but you have to consider that this is the only way a level 27-28 can hold onto resources to get their du4 tier 4 base upgrades. I personally think that once some hits level 30 they shouldnt get this type of bubble anymore.

Hmmm :rolleyes: i understand but those that i hit are level 30+ but they play like sissy. Well i do agree that the system should let below 30 bubble that way maybe. But above 30 shouldn't be allowed to anymore.
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Gail_lim wrote: »
    Hmmm :rolleyes: i understand but those that i hit are level 30+ but they play like sissy. Well i do agree that the system should let below 30 bubble that way maybe. But above 30 shouldn't be allowed to anymore.

The only advice i can suggest is move somewhere where these weak players/alliances aren't everywhere. This is one of the main reasons i hang out in sector 1/2/3. Most people here relish a base test and ask for feedback afterwards :D
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    I know how irritating it is Gail but you have to consider that this is the only way a level 27-28 can hold onto resources to get their du4 tier 4 base upgrades. I personally think that once someone hits level 30 they shouldnt get this type of bubble anymore.

I disagree, it's the way those people can gather resources without fear of attack or retribution from the people they attack - it is NOT the only way to do it. I did it by kicking **** and gather my resources as quickly as I could and using them before I went off-line or losing sleep wondering if I was going to come back to a pile of rubble and empty warehouses (slight exaggeration there). I also always started by building up my defenses first and anytime someone had a remotely successful run at my base I used my bubble time to rework it. The bubble people do it because it's easier and less risky, not because it can't be done any other way.

I do agree about the over 30 bubbles. I have been in several sectors recently and watched level 30+ players bubbling each other and frankly it's just sad.

p.s. I saw you scouted me the other day - why not come back for a real visit?
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • ExRaided
    ExRaided
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,093
    It won't change anything, the little **** will get friends to do 25% with a merc, or just glitch repair a fleet. Make it so you can't hit other fleets while in a bubble. I just love when they hit my little guards and they're in a bubble. Attacking base guards should be considered the same as an attack on this base except the -5/+5 level thing.
    You can tell the same lie a thousand times
    But it never gets any more true
    So close your eyes once more and once more believe
    That they all still believe in you
  • Thomas Boucher
    Thomas Boucher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127

completely agree. some guy level 32 just comes in my base no problem, its just a walk in the park and no matter how hard i try to fix my base reality is before i get DU4 and level4 stuff together my base is just toy for these guys.
    Battle Pirates Lvl 30
    Sector: 217
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    GigaPirate wrote: »
    I disagree, it's the way those people can gather resources without fear of attack or retribution from the people they attack - it is NOT the only way to do it. I did it by kicking **** and gather my resources as quickly as I could and using them before I went off-line or losing sleep wondering if I was going to come back to a pile of rubble and empty warehouses (slight exaggeration there). I also always started by building up my defenses first and anytime someone had a remotely successful run at my base I used my bubble time to rework it. The bubble people do it because it's easier and less risky, not because it can't be done any other way.

I do agree about the over 30 bubbles. I have been in several sectors recently and watched level 30+ players bubbling each other and frankly it's just sad.

p.s. I saw you scouted me the other day - why not come back for a real visit?

He will, make no mistake lol
    Old players don't know best !
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Stefilm wrote: »
    He will, make no mistake lol

soon as he gets enough resources :P
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    ExRaided wrote: »
    It won't change anything, the little **** will get friends to do 25% with a merc, or just glitch repair a fleet. Make it so you can't hit other fleets while in a bubble. I just love when they hit my little guards and they're in a bubble. Attacking base guards should be considered the same as an attack on this base except the -5/+5 level thing.

At least with the 25% bubble they have to take some damage (not really painful, I know), and it only lasts for 18 hours so they have to do it every day. I also don't understand the logic of guard fleets - other than a maybe a merc or a small fleet as an early alert system. Most of the time guards are like a big flashing neon sign that reads "I have a crappy base, lots or resources, and I'm offline".
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    you also have to think about redesigning here ,,,, the bubble is the only protection for you when your redesigning
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    soon as he gets enough resources :P

She, actually - and I'm still double stacked, I'll try to fill up for you though.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    you also have to think about redesigning here ,,,, the bubble is the only protection for you when your redesigning

True, but that's a totally legitimate reason - although I have done most of my major redesigning after a successful attack against my base.
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    GigaPirate wrote: »
    She, actually - and I'm still double stacked, I'll try to fill up for you though.

She and double stacked? I'll be round for breakfast!
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    She and double stacked? I'll be round for breakfast!

LOL, funny. On my way back from sector 3 with a full boats - see you soon.
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 918
    Personally I don't care and have enough targets that for everyone who bubbles themselves, for whatever reason, I have other targets.
    Battle Pirates: The Aldierus Chronicles<---Click Here

My Base Doesn't have to be the Best. It just has to be a harder target than yours.

Putting a Memorial in an enemy sector is like putting a big red shiny button in my face saying "DON'T PUSH"
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    Friendly bubbles is another way of trying to cheat the system when the fact is you can only lose so much resourses to an attack if you have a couple of fleets that can go out and attack bases when you dont have a bubble you gain way more then you lose when you get attacked. The way i did it was once my bubble dropped i would attack until i had enough for the next research i wanted. did the research and waited until i got attacked again. then mined and hit sal until my bubble dropped and did it again, but that was way back when we didnt even now what sector where what and you attacked your own sector and talked crap in comm. not planted flower pots outside your base
  • gtslow
    gtslow
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,538
    I personally think that once someone hits level 30 they shouldnt get this type of bubble anymore.

Probably the best post you have ever made.
  • dharding
    dharding
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 20
    it should be 10 hits = a 1HR bubble not a 2 day bubble
  • Faddy
    Faddy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 815
    bubbles should only be given if the damage reaches 25+%
    Current sector: 440
    Previous sectors: 367, 368, 291,2, 149,400, 499, 200, 249, 407, 408, 7, 325, 351, 264,160,89, 448, 348
  • Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    Also make RG not count towards Base Damage.
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Of course all this being said its hard for kixeye to have a fix. There's both sides to this if someone KEEPS trolling your research buildings its another big problem. :confused: Unless hitting research doesn't make it stop researching :| which is not possible. LOL Swag will crack his head trying to solve this problem.
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Also make RG not count towards Base Damage.

People who hit my RGs are very rich people. :confused:
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 918
    No matter what, you're going to get people who exploit aspects of a game. 25% damage, oh, but RGs don't count? Sure, I'll move my war academy, my Intel lab, my shipyard, Great Hall, Trading Post, and Radio Tower, surround them with leftover walls and have someone PM mortar them all down. Yay, there is my bubble.

Hey, I want to exploit that your RGs are no longer a part of your bubble ability. I'll come in and wipe out all your RGs and you won't have a bubble. Awesome, now all of my firing will be focused on nothing but your turrets and warehouses. Bet you will rethink this now and Kixeye will have a ton of complaints about how how much someone can wipe out their base without them getting a bubble.

Take people getting bubbles the way I do. As a compliment and a testament of how **** scary you are.
    Battle Pirates: The Aldierus Chronicles<---Click Here

My Base Doesn't have to be the Best. It just has to be a harder target than yours.

Putting a Memorial in an enemy sector is like putting a big red shiny button in my face saying "DON'T PUSH"
  • I am a Spy
    I am a Spy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 463
    The only true way to resolve this is leave it as it is and restrict the hit level like this.
    1-10 +/- 5
    11-20 +/- 4
    20-25 +/-3
    26-30 +/-2
    31+ - 2/+ 5.

I myself just reached level 30 and still am behind the curve of advancement cause of the technology gap and all the new stuff that over powers players. If you really wanna stop it follow the hit level guideline I laid out. No matter what anyone else say if it is restricted like this it will prevent so level 30 that has better stuff than me from killing a level 25 base. I know you will get whiners about it but this is BATTLE PIRATES nor Cuddly Pirates or even friend finder. The CC players that cry about it too bad I spend also and I am wanting what I posted to happen. It is your own fault for spending so much so fast; additionally if the hit layout I mentioned was in place most of the CC players wouldn't even be a CC player.
  • Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    Considering i only have One RG of each in my base and the various labs on the outside, I much perfer the come and face my turrets than giving me a pansy **** attack and wiping out all the RGs on the outside attacks.

Of course not all players are like my self, so yes there would be a bucket load of complaints.
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.