Good Job KIXEYE

luckie
luckie
Skilled Warrior
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 428
edited 13 Jan 2012, 8:19PM
Hammerhead Variants A & B
The Council has also completed its update of the advanced variants of the Hammerhead. Both A & B have received an increase of 1000 armor points, 50% extra turning speed and an increase in evade. We advise captains with those advanced hulls to test them out in battle and provide feedback on their newly enhanced capabilities.

So KIXEYE went made the Raid winners of the HH hulls happy with this, because there all crying about how they spend money to win and when they forget to think about other players not winning because they where to weak or couldn't play during that raid or came just short of winning. Now when you guys did this, really think about what this would do? Im not too sure you did cause now there will be alot more players pissed off before. One because now they have more armor and can turn corners fast and that means there going to have a better chance of getting into a base. Two because alot of players dont know how to design a base layout that will keep players out, and now there really going to get crashed by this.

Way to think another thing through.
omnimisis wrote: »
And as your next update Kixeye will be putting in new buildings. ie. Western Unions, Money Grams, and Ace Cash Express where you can get a FB credit loan for your car title.

Youtube page: www.youtube.com/user/LUCKiE420BP?feature=mhee
  • faytar
    faytar
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 775
    lol yup , and despite all the bluster from the raid winners people will always coin to win the raids just to get latest tech before any one else , and people pay for items with real money in other games that do nothing for them game wise , other then say look at me im cool so boosting the a and b hhs was just silly , most the players wanting some form of balance not more of the same
    whs: 0 res makers: 0 interest in playing bp: 0
    Only players that Kix cares about are the coiners, want them to listen more of you gonna need to cut them off of your wallet.
  • Muppet2222
    Muppet2222
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 39
    Kixeye just increased the difference between the raid winners and the rest,they didnt make the gap smaller, even after so many months. If they give hh a/b 50% more turn speed, why not do the same with ffs?
  • luckie
    luckie
    Skilled Warrior
    faytar wrote: »
    lol yup , and despite all the bluster from the raid winners people will always coin to win the raids just to get latest tech before any one else , and people pay for items with real money in other games that do nothing for them game wise , other then say look at me im cool so boosting the a and b hhs was just silly , most the players wanting some form of balance not more of the same

This boost to the hammer heads wasn't thought about, im sure of it with the track record that KIXEYE has, but im sure it made all the HH raid owners happy and now thats going to make everyone else made. If there going to boost it why so much?

Kim S wrote: »
    Kixeye just increased the difference between the raid winners and the rest,they didnt make the gap smaller, even after so many months. If they give hh a/b 50% more turn speed, why not do the same with ffs?

I agree with you on that one.
    And as your next update Kixeye will be putting in new buildings. ie. Western Unions, Money Grams, and Ace Cash Express where you can get a FB credit loan for your car title.

• Buzzkiller
    Buzzkiller
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2010 Posts: 241
    Well, Good to see someone cry about this. I won the first raid non coined and I logged on just now to find all 30 of my Hammerheads half dead in dock. So now I have hours of repair time on them.

Im glad they did add a bonus to the people that actually worked to win them. I never coined and I won with Battle Barges the first raid. It was possible to do it. I did not have to relocate like all these other losers did and the people that were in my sector had the same chance as me because we all started at or near the same time. So to all you blow holes on here crying grow up.

The raid was supposed to give someone a nice perk for doing it and being the best. And in the first raid not everyone that won were coiners. Perhaps in the other raids and with relocate it made it very unfair for anyone new to win anything. we had level 31's jump into our sector and who do you think won the prize? Exactly. Im glad to have at least something out of my time invested which was a lot. I stayed up all night and half the next day to get far enough into the raid so that no one would catch me. I did not have to use any tricks to repair as my ships were built for fast repair with extended thuds and Iron Armor. Some of us actualy thought about the raid and how we could win fairly. ;)

Im glad its going to take you crybabies 20 days to research it and even longer to build a proper one and then level it up. You ask for it and here ya go, and guess what. Its still just a glorified FF. At least now the one I have is better than it was. :)
  • luckie
    luckie
    Skilled Warrior
    Buzzkiller wrote: »
    Well, Good to see someone cry about this. I won the first raid non coined and I logged on just now to find all 30 of my Hammerheads half dead in dock. So now I have hours of repair time on them.

Im glad they did add a bonus to the people that actually worked to win them. I never coined and I won with Battle Barges the first raid. It was possible to do it. I did not have to relocate like all these other losers did and the people that were in my sector had the same chance as me because we all started at or near the same time. So to all you blow holes on here crying grow up.

The raid was supposed to give someone a nice perk for doing it and being the best. And in the first raid not everyone that won were coiners. Perhaps in the other raids and with relocate it made it very unfair for anyone new to win anything. we had level 31's jump into our sector and who do you think won the prize? Exactly. Im glad to have at least something out of my time invested which was a lot. I stayed up all night and half the next day to get far enough into the raid so that no one would catch me. I did not have to use any tricks to repair as my ships were built for fast repair with extended thuds and Iron Armor. Some of us actualy thought about the raid and how we could win fairly. ;)

Im glad its going to take you crybabies 20 days to research it and even longer to build a proper one and then level it up. You ask for it and here ya go, and guess what. Its still just a glorified FF. At least now the one I have is better than it was. :)

Not crying about it, just saying that this is one of those game changer things that KIXEYE does without thinking about the long term about something. Yes the hulls won from the raid should be better but not 1000armor better. If thats the case then they need to nerf the cargo of them, or something to make it more balance.

Let remember why KIXEYE did this change, its because a lot of the hull winners where crying about how other players where getting the HH hull. I bet your one of the players that forgot to think about other players not winning because they where to weak or couldn't play during that raid or came just short of winning.

The end result of the point im trying to make is that KIXEYE does there change for a good cause but they never think it through for the long term of what there trying to fix.

• Md Webb
    Md Webb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 24
    I am a hammerhead winner for the 2nd revenge raid. I built up coin doing surveys and other suck sites that helped me do repairs in my sector. In the end I spent no money and still won the Hammerhead which I am proud of since as you all have said most winners are paying customer. When I learned that the hammerhead ship was to be released to all players I was disappointed because it made the winners of the contest have a short lived prize but since they added the additions to my prize it makes it somewhat better.

In the end if you all did some basic research into future improvements you would have read the thread stating that new base defense and buildings from Draconian tech were to be added at some point. so even though thies latest game improvements make it harder to play against a CC warrior I am looking forward to where this is going. Here is the link so you can catch up.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/131383-Further-Info-on-Blueprints?highlight=draconian+buildings
    Captain MD - XFC :cool:
  • luckie
    luckie
    Skilled Warrior
    Md Webb wrote: »
    I am a hammerhead winner for the 2nd revenge raid. I built up coin doing surveys and other suck sites that helped me do repairs in my sector. In the end I spent no money and still won the Hammerhead which I am proud of since as you all have said most winners are paying customer. When I learned that the hammerhead ship was to be released to all players I was disappointed because it made the winners of the contest have a short lived prize but since they added the additions to my prize it makes it somewhat better.

In the end if you all did some basic research into future improvements you would have read the thread stating that new base defense and buildings from Draconian tech were to be added at some point. so even though thies latest game improvements make it harder to play against a CC warrior I am looking forward to where this is going. Here is the link so you can catch up.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/131383-Further-Info-on-Blueprints?highlight=draconian+buildings

I do read almost everything that KIXEYE puts out about this game. I dont think you understanding what im trying to get at here. KIXEYE jumps the gun on a lot of the things that they do before thinking about the long term of what there doing.

By no mean am I saying that this new HH should be better then the HH from the raids because they shouldm't. On the other hand they shouldnt be a game changer either.

• McShivers
    McShivers
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,077
    luckie wrote: »
    KIXEYE jumps the gun on a lot of the things that they do before thinking about the long term of what there doing.
    Are you someone on the internal side of Kixeye whereas you can make this statement?

They discuss these things within their own buildings and internal channels. It'd be wise to not make assumptions, since you have no idea what they have planned at all. People just complain about the updates, not knowing what they intend the game to have & be like by the "official release" (non-beta). For now, i wouldn't go around making such bold statements with no evidence.
    Their headquarters and servers are in america. If you dont like it, dont play american made games. Enough said!
    [QUOTE=Kixeye CM
  • CaptainJack
    CaptainJack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 228
    they won them they deserve to have some extra is it too much or not time willl tell but winning a raid should have it's priviliges hope to win my first one soon :) Capt death
  • luckie
    luckie
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes they do deserve to have the extra, but I think the 1000armor is a little much.

• TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    You know, if Kixeye were to give every Non-Whiner some free gold....all these Threads would never exist...
    Atta-Comb 
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    2400-2317=83 the original difference in armour between a hammerhead and an ff why should this now be translated into a 1000 armour difference for raid winners?

a roughly 4% increase in armour initially becomes an almost 42% increase over what we now can open up and a near 47% increase over an ff how is this balanced at all? I'm thinking the 100 AP number was not carefully considered nor was it generated by formula... I'm thinking it was a kneejerk reaction to all the complaining sparked last night by the announcement of the general release.

And as a capper to that slap in the face to the regular player, there are still raid winners out there complaining about it and wanting refunds. I say if they want a refund they should have to turn in their boats, all the xp they've gained using them and all the tech they researched using res stolen with them... set them back to where they were pre raid if they think they haven't gotten their money's worth out of the hammers they've had for months now.
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    logansan wrote: »
    2400-2317=83 the original difference in armour between a hammerhead and an ff why should this now be translated into a 1000 armour difference for raid winners?

a roughly 4% increase in armour initially becomes an almost 42% increase over what we now can open up and a near 47% increase over an ff how is this balanced at all? I'm thinking the 100 AP number was not carefully considered nor was it generated by formula... I'm thinking it was a kneejerk reaction to all the complaining sparked last night by the announcement of the general release.

And as a capper to that slap in the face to the regular player, there are still raid winners out there complaining about it and wanting refunds. I say if they want a refund they should have to turn in their boats, all the xp they've gained using them and all the tech they researched using res stolen with them... set them back to where they were pre raid if they think they haven't gotten their money's worth out of the hammers they've had for months now.

If you convert AP to dollars as a unit you get the raid winners having won $83

Now kixeye decides we should all have $83 available to us... so the raid winners complain and get a gift of essentially $1083 does this seem fair and reasonable to anyone? I would have understood an additional $100-$200 as reasonable but $1000? puts a little different perspective on it with a $ in front instead of an AP behind doesn't it?
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html