Ships overweight Now...WTF

Vancouver Jimmy
Vancouver Jimmy
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
edited 13 Jan 2012, 7:44PM
Hey, after that update I now have 2 Hammerheads that are overweigth...by 14 tons! (7514 when limit is 7500). I have on them 2 siege rockets and 2 Firestorm D-91 L's. The only choice I'm getting is to SCRAP the whole ship!!!

Come'on Kixeye! Let me refit the ship to a lower weight since YOUR update put the ship over. Otherwise I have to scrap TWO ships that took over 20 days to build...That ain't Kosher!

And what change put them over weight may I ask or was it one of the secret ones not mentioned but eventually discovered by players?
The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • ViperMan Pt
    ViperMan Pt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 63
    I have the exact same thing...

One of my fleets of Hammerheads is now overweight !!

What do I do? It is gonna be a pain having to refit all of those.
  • Ben Yankin
    Ben Yankin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 180
    same problem and did you guys have damage to all your HH's?
    KIXEYE reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time!!!!!!!!!! So get ready to bend over and take it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    I have the exact same thing...

One of my fleets of Hammerheads is now overweight !!

What do I do? It is gonna be a pain having to refit all of those.

base armour went up, I' assuming base weight went up as well then modified by specials etc
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Investigating this...
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Ben Yankin wrote: »
    same problem and did you guys have damage to all your HH's?

[QUOTE=Kixeye CM
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• ViperMan Pt
    ViperMan Pt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 63
    OK thanks for the explanation of the damaged makes sense if the health was buffed up...

But the weight problem shouldn't be there since its the same .

Kixeye is on top of it, wait and see...
  • blood
    blood
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 86
    have you both got ship designer lvl 2?
  • Ben Yankin
    Ben Yankin
    Minor Nuisance
    blood wrote: »
    have you both got ship designer lvl 2?

i did not know there was a ship designer 2 now. All i saw that was new was the HH...i guess I missed that post...thanks
    KIXEYE reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time!!!!!!!!!! So get ready to bend over and take it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Thanks Swag...

yeah...seems like the new HH has different stats than the Raid won HH's. I guess rather than reducing the new ones they bumped up the old ones? Thus my ships are over limit. Not sure why the new armor arrived as 'more room to heal' to my ship! Thanks for pointing that out Florian! I had so many fleets damaged it wasn't obvious but now I see it.

I think a simple option to refit them into new specs is fine. Today there is only the cancel or scrap options. Sad to spend more refit time but the adjustment is small.

I have shipyard level 1...but don't think it's related. I guess to put them back underweight I could up my shipyard...or Kixeye could do that for me??? ;)

• Ikillevil
    Ikillevil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 368
    I assume it comes from the armor modifiers (RA3 and such) weigh more with the extra 1000 base armor, does throw off a few of my more precise builds.

• KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    This seems to have something to do with special armors in the Advanced Lab i.e. Reactive Armor, Layered Armor and Ablative Armor. We're still investigating...
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 650
    Since I don't have HHs yet I tested on a FF. Even with no armor added to the ship RA3 adds 86tons of weight. Seems that the extra armor on the HH A&Bs + armor special = extra weight.
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    We are working on a fix for this right now.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Rcajun
    Rcajun
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 57
    Same here, not good.
    Killaman_DS
    Fleet Admiral
    Dirty South
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Just realized that reactive armor 3 also adds 1 ton for about every 27 of the ship's base armor. 1000 more armor means reactive armor III adds an extra 37 tons to the ship.
    Not good...
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Bill Thomas
    Bill Thomas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 453
    yep can't launch any of my HH B because of the weight issue
    Boomo
    Lvl hmmm not sure let me look....
  • Buccaneer
    Buccaneer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 12
    mine all went up but are just in weight as i have upgrade to shipyard 2... and the extra armour is worth it... thanks dont change it...... i ve just been in a base raid and they took less damge... i did wonder why i had to repair all my hammer fleets though... fit drac weapons they are lighter anyway...
  • Bill Thomas
    Bill Thomas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 453
    I already had ship yard 2, I like the update but don't want to refit all my HH B's
    Boomo
    Lvl hmmm not sure let me look....
  • Ben Yankin
    Ben Yankin
    Minor Nuisance
    We are working on a fix for this right now.

out of curiosity are you guys thinking we will have to refit to make the weight work?
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Just want to let you guys know that you shouldn't need to scrap or refit your fleets. Stay tuned...
  • Filthy Black Crowe
    Filthy Black Crowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 198
    All my fleets were damaged after this update! I had one in repair, one waiting, and all the others were 100% Now ALL are damaged??
  • Ben Yankin
    Ben Yankin
    Minor Nuisance
    All my fleets were damaged after this update! I had one in repair, one waiting, and all the others were 100% Now ALL are damaged??

it was brought to my attention that it was because gained more armor points compared to what you use to have on the HH's so it was making us repair for the difference we gained
  • Paul Preece
    Paul Preece
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 540
    This issue has now been fixed. Please check your fleets. HH A & B have slightly increased maximum weight to compensate for the increase in armor.
    Paul Preece
    KIXEYE co-founder / Battle Pirates creator / tear drinker
    Please KIXEYE you must hurry, I can see it now, wives and girlfriends around the world are planning "dates" and "snuggle" time. Please save us from our significant others.
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    All fixed for me! **** that was FAST too! Thanks for the quick fix and thanks for the boost in armor for the Raid winner HH's!!! ;)

• stuthomp669
    stuthomp669
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 52
    all my HH where damaged even the ones not assigned in fleets on explanation is with the added increase armour they never increased our health to suit so got to now wait and repair all HH fleets
    Capt-Hook
    LVL 105 Black Locust