Kixeye

• Ted Dyer Jr.
    Ted Dyer Jr.
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 240
    Dosent matter what you do now with the upgrade either way your base is ****...again i give thanks to kixeye for **** up a once great game.
    The mortars have always worked the way that their current descriptions depict. There has been no "nerf".

BP Level - 30
    Ingame - blackbird
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,248
    well here is 4 pages of constructive feeback KIXEYE... I dont think they are paying attention... sad...

• Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    zugzug wrote: »
    Not trying to be difficult here, but you do not seem to know what you want. If you go back and look at all your posts, you appear to be all over the board.

It appears from reading all your posts over the last month or so, you want things to progress forward, you want everyone to play the game and not cry about it, you want more updates and better stuff, but you want to personally approve everything before it is released, you want to play the game but you want to determine the rules.

I think you want to create your own game, according to some image in your mind of what is right and wrong.

zug and I think the same about Joe...
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Dean Harvey
    Dean Harvey
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 670
    RazorUK wrote: »
    Sooner or later weapons have got to change with a huge jump, there's no point in further weapons being released if they going to continue to make them only a fraction better or worse than what we already have, and even if they did continue down this road at some point those little margins are going to arrive at a distance of 96 at some point.

This in mind it will be just a heap of unwanted weapon technology that never gets to see any action, and in some cases won't even be researched...

Most seem to go on about a lv.4 outpost being victims of this update, when the truth is they have always been sitting ducks to most the 5th rank above them anyway, the primary problem here is of course without the extra land its hard to stop someone from removing resources without fighting for it, for the outcome in most case's would be the same, its getting flattened anyway.

Hopefully this way around people just lose the warehouse's instead of everything in the path of the attacker...

As for the subject of ships touching/overlapping the land area's this is just down to poor collision detection, many games over history have the same problem's maybe when less important things have been addressed they can retrace steps and work harder on refining such things. I'm sure the term beta will be mentioned at some stage (haha)

The Rocket adjustments have seen a mixed view from the community, granted the biggest majority are against the change, but kixeye cant develop games based on peoples threats, requests, etc alone... At some point there going to have to make hard choices and understand that some folks are going to be upset. Maybe they fed up at the development offices of releasing new material, then an email from the moderators saying...

"They don't like it"

And are standing their ground this time around, lets hope they don't go underground and cease development !!!

i do agree with what you are saying but when changes this big happen they need to change all other weapons with them at the same time which they did not coz if they did they could easily balance the weapons out for fleet battles but they just add new tech with out adding or changing anything else which is what brings the problems like for example when they released tier3 weapons they gave us more terrain tiles and platforms to balance the game out now they have got to do that again before too many people waste money building these then they get nerfed so there now unhappy its bad business plan for games.

if u want proof of what he is saying try playing Empire Universe 2 it takes around a year to get the last ship and any good equipment to put on it and this game has been out for over 4 years so surprise surprise the game is full of bullies that just hit low lvl players coz they know they cant defend themselves all because the game never changed.
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    Lets be honest kixeye had a reputation for releasing content at different stages to the material that counter acts the previous updates, I'm confident that given time one way or another things will be fixed/altered. And don't need to explain to me about wasting money in fact if it comes down to the crunch every penny spent on facebook games cant be classed as a sound investment. My wife goes crazy everytime I purchase facebook credits.

It will be fixed...
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    Hey guys, be fair.. Swag updated the video thread and said they were going to look at it more closely (the boosters). He also gave us the suspensions update. At least we got those :)
  • Gavin Craig
    Gavin Craig
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 91
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    First you tell us a few weeks ago that " we are listening to you guys that play the game we want your feed back" well you guys want constructive feed back so HERE IT IS!

Your forum BLEW UP after your last update more than it EVER HAS before.. Not by the same ol crybabies that COMPLAIN all the time either... Well respected high lv players have voiced their opinions here about how your update has thrown the game way out of balance... your updates counter act each other..

So you make a vid of a base that can stop a missile attack??? LOL that base would be leveled easily with my HH fleet and a well placed pinch rocket.. I wouldn't even BOTHER to send in a prep fleet.... This is the point... by doing what you have done you have made it very easy for guys like me with other siege weapons to get in bases that we probably could not have before. You are taking the challenge out of the game... Now it will be just a hit fest to see who can level who's base more..

If you ask and check around (THAT IS IF YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING FEEDBACK) and you were serious about listening to the people that play the game..... I am sure you will get the same FEEDBACK I am giving here.... Sure you have a few that yell DONT NERF it... lol Take it from someone that usually is on the other side of things... They are just saying that to stirr the pot....

I love this game. But why do you nerf everything else and leave the missiles at 96... It does not make sense..

we already know it is possible to build a base where the missiles with extended range cant snipe from the outside.... Show me a lv4 OP that can protect like your lv5 op base did from the attack in your vid.... Use Battle Ships also....

A battle ship can get on the land further than any other ship made. I have vids here showing PROOF of this.. If that was a Battle Ship in the vid you made or even a Battle Cruiser fleet in that vid you guys made.... that launch pad would have been TOAST! Sure your saying "its just the launch pad not your WH or OP" Have you seen how long it takes for a Launchpad to REPAIR??????????????

Kixeye you are the ones that ASKED for feed back from players.. I just gave you mine. Its your game do what you want.. Im just giving you WHAT YOU REQUESTED.

i agree im lvl 30 going on 31 and this new upgrade has just messed the game up...
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    First you tell us a few weeks ago that " we are listening to you guys that play the game we want your feed back" well you guys want constructive feed back so HERE IT IS!

Your forum BLEW UP after your last update more than it EVER HAS before.. Not by the same ol crybabies that COMPLAIN all the time either... Well respected high lv players have voiced their opinions here about how your update has thrown the game way out of balance... your updates counter act each other..

So you make a vid of a base that can stop a missile attack??? LOL that base would be leveled easily with my HH fleet and a well placed pinch rocket.. I wouldn't even BOTHER to send in a prep fleet.... This is the point... by doing what you have done you have made it very easy for guys like me with other siege weapons to get in bases that we probably could not have before. You are taking the challenge out of the game... Now it will be just a hit fest to see who can level who's base more..

If you ask and check around (THAT IS IF YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING FEEDBACK) and you were serious about listening to the people that play the game..... I am sure you will get the same FEEDBACK I am giving here.... Sure you have a few that yell DONT NERF it... lol Take it from someone that usually is on the other side of things... They are just saying that to stirr the pot....

I love this game. But why do you nerf everything else and leave the missiles at 96... It does not make sense..

we already know it is possible to build a base where the missiles with extended range cant snipe from the outside.... Show me a lv4 OP that can protect like your lv5 op base did from the attack in your vid.... Use Battle Ships also....

A battle ship can get on the land further than any other ship made. I have vids here showing PROOF of this.. If that was a Battle Ship in the vid you made or even a Battle Cruiser fleet in that vid you guys made.... that launch pad would have been TOAST! Sure your saying "its just the launch pad not your WH or OP" Have you seen how long it takes for a Launchpad to REPAIR??????????????

Kixeye you are the ones that ASKED for feed back from players.. I just gave you mine. Its your game do what you want.. Im just giving you WHAT YOU REQUESTED.
    I DO BELIEVE THEY DID LISTEN HERE IS A LINK some people asked for an unnerf on stuff like MISSLES
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/145746-Undo-the-blueprint-re-nerf
    so in a way my pedegree chums they did they just forced fed them steroids
    WE ASKED AND THEY GAVE and yes there is a poll SO KIXEYE LISTENED
    and the lot of you are complaining about the upgrades
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    feedback - the change has made me seriously reconsider where this game is headed and why/whether I should continue to invest my time and money into it. The fact that 88 was seen as too long and in need of a nerf, only to add an option (after upgrading and refits of course) that would provide even *greater* range seems like a slap in the face. I spent several hours yesterday mulling over redesigns for my base, checked several others on here and in game, and while I can def add one that will keep me from being sniped from outside, I am now severly weakened against frontal assaults which doesn't even account for the base being much more susceptible to outside sniping with these new toys.

All in all, this is a net negative, much easier to break into bases, much harder to defend, nearly everything is trollable and why? Given the prior mortar nerf, the *only* reason I can see why Kixeye would justify having this range is in hopes several will speed up the process to obtain these items b/c of the advantage it provides. I would *love* to see my mothballed cut ships become useful again... but you have gone waaaay too far IMO. Either you don't understand the game enough to realize just how big of an impact this makes... or you don't care.

Spicer - Sector 70, now lvl33 and playing since late Feb.
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,248
    zugzug wrote: »
    Not trying to be difficult here, but you do not seem to know what you want. If you go back and look at all your posts, you appear to be all over the board.

It appears from reading all your posts over the last month or so, you want things to progress forward, you want everyone to play the game and not cry about it, you want more updates and better stuff, but you want to personally approve everything before it is released, you want to play the game but you want to determine the rules.

I think you want to create your own game, according to some image in your mind of what is right and wrong.
    I am sorry you see it as im all over the place.. I still believe in the same things I always have... there is nothing wrong with 86 or 88 range weapons in this game.. Everyone could adapt and overcome... 96 range is just crazy.. I have adapted and I am fine.. There are MANY MANY MANY others that cant. Thousands of players... There is nothing they can do.......

If they had made this missile special at 86 to88 range you would have never heard a peep outta me.. and I would be one of the guys saying WTH are people crying about?? but thats not the case. Kixeye made a update that cannot be overcome or adapted to by many... Not to mention this update ruined FVF battles... There is no OTHER weapon that can compete with a fleet of missile boats at 96 range... all the RA armor in the world wont help you.......attacking a fleet of them would be suicide. No other update or special has ever thrown this game more out of balance than this one.... I stand firm in my beliefs in whats fair.. So far untill now I would say everything that kixeye has ever came out with was fair because everyone could adapt.. now weather or not they chose to or was just to lazy is not my problem... That is surely not the case this time...

• Pinchy
    Pinchy
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,452
    Changing your base to guard against the new **** missiles means your weak to other attacks.