Mortar changes to new Drac weapons

• XXX_SSS_XXX
    XXX_SSS_XXX
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 665
    Ever notice the reload times or a motar 7 seconds, now a motars DMG/s has been so jacked as there is literally no time between launch and hit, and no ship can get out of the way of splash dmg of some motars.

Thud 4 is 3.5 seconds reload
    Missile is 6-7 second reload

which resultantly leaves motars as highest DMG/Second with no drawbacks
  • Kunal
    Kunal
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 127
    haha now we can use the same fleet for base attacks and fvf battles......idiotic
    Battle Pirates
    Lvl 52
    Sectors visited: 1,9,145,159,193,242,356,399,421,442 .................and many more!
    home sector:399
    birth sector:193
    owns: spectre, dreadnought x, interdictor, hammerhead a, battle cruiser, destroyer, strike cruiser, goliath, barracuda
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 372
    Watch my video demonstration how over powered they are
    http://youtu.be/O-QX7H0XGc0
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,534
    iownusobad wrote: »
    Video? where?
    [QUOTE]"I'm a hacker!" - Will Harbin[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Never mind, now the link showed up
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • omnimisis
    omnimisis
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 10
    agree with rascal. And as your next update Kixeye will be putting in new buildings. ie. Western Unions, Money Grams, and Ace Cash Express where you can get a FB credit loan for your car title.
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • XXX_SSS_XXX
    XXX_SSS_XXX
    Strike-force Captain

That was 2 salvo of 2 ships even if the person had thud 4's with HB 3 they would have died... unless he would have spread his fleet to avoid the splash, but still dmg/s on motars like that is immense especially at * level status
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior
    That was 2 salvo of 2 ships even if the person had thud 4's with HB 3 they would have died... unless he would have spread his fleet to avoid the splash, but still dmg/s on motars like that is immense especially at * level status
    1 ship with 2 salvos would have been the same result
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • tstrever
    tstrever
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 749
    Shockwaves dont do **** for damage against lvl 8 Big Ship or lvl 9 Salvs at all, Kix thought it be great to give those ships AB armor it seems. I think its funny how they plan there money making months. Day before raid, after everyone gets fleets set up and learns strats to take down salvs, they go and change them up before instead of after the Raid. Gotta love Kix, Personally change everything back to like a Month ago before 2nd raid imo. Change Salv spawns to way they were before. lvl 7s are lvl 30 n up and 8s lvl 35 n up. just lower Fleet lvl on salvs down 1 notch so that 7s drop tier 3 weapons.
    Black Raiders of Sector 57 n 304 .
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Here is a quick base test with the shockwaves me and my neighbor tried once we learned the arch was different.

http://youtu.be/7dB3n7u6naU[video=youtube_share;7dB3n7u6naU]
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Here is a quick base test with the shockwaves me and my neighbor tried once we learned the arch was different.

OMG! I want!!!!
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    Kunal wrote: »
    haha now we can use the same fleet for base attacks and fvf battles......idiotic
    Will The "New And Improved" Shockwave Mortars Still Fire Over Walls Now ? That's The One Advantage To Using Mortars For Hitting Bases As They Fire Over Walls Not Into Them Like Cannons and Missles Don't Do Enough Damage IMHO To Be Useful for a base fleet (Other Than t3 drac weaponry which is not easy to get)
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior

yup that's ridiculous bases can no longer defend.
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • XXX_SSS_XXX
    XXX_SSS_XXX
    Strike-force Captain

The bombard can't even keep up with all the motars incomming... lol
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    I know and he said that was a level 3 bombard too, don't know if a lvl 4 would even help. and that was just three FF. lol crazy
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Lee Yi Shin
    Lee Yi Shin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 239
    tstrever wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

This one also went from 5% to 20%. These would make Sents useless completely with 2 of these on a ship x 5. just roll in and never take any damage lmao

You'd need a hell of a ship to hold FIVE of those :P
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    yup that's ridiculous bases can no longer defend.

And they think bubble B!tche$ are bad now They'll get even worse with this. FWIW Shockwaves eat up **** III Bases anyway it's just been made 1000x easier now
  • Angrybeard420
    Angrybeard420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 575
    WTF kixeye... if mortars were supposed to fire like missiles then why not just call them **** missiles. Seriously, are you guys **** retarded or something?
    Ouch
    Lvl 59 --I can be a lvl 3,547,201 and I'll still hit lvl 40s--
    Raid Prizes Collected: DN, SSa, Goli, SC, HHa, DNx, BC, HHb, Jugg, MCx, Thresher, Merc
  • kurururocks
    kurururocks
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 125
    I like the new way. hits more spread out enemys :p
    Sanya_V_Litvyak Sector 414 atm
    Level. 30
    RR4 winner :p
    I Wantz the large Cargo holder, you know.. THE ONE EVERYONE HATES
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    I like the new way. hits more spread out enemys :p
    Then they shouldn't have the RANGE that they have fired at such a low trajectory
  • TopBoyEd
    TopBoyEd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 119
    Naughty as f**k that is! They should test all this **** before they release it. When people invest time and money in getting something they dont want to find out a week later thats its not what they thought it was at all cos its been changed on a whim. Get things right when you release them! I mean Christ you've played with every weapon so much that in fact its now the first weapon that you get as a noob (thud) that is the best! Cmon!
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior
    Kixeye is making a big mistake, just like bank of america charging for debt cards it will be a huge disaster for this company tomorrow when the rest of the player wake up and find out what they did.
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • tstrever
    tstrever
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 749
    You'd need a hell of a ship to hold FIVE of those :P

Not 1 ship holding 5. 2 per ship x 5 ships. or 10 tota Siege Rockets in on 1 fleet. What more would u need. Just 2 per ship gives you 100% with RA3. But i double checked, you can only do 3 Ships like this so 6 Siege rockets, and 2 lighter wieght or 1 Siege Rocket and Ra3 with shockwaves and just leave those behind or way behind in tail.
    Black Raiders of Sector 57 n 304 .
  • TopBoyEd
    TopBoyEd
    Minor Nuisance
    Hmmm dear Kixeye I will happily admit I brought Shockwave L after finding the first part as I really wanted them. Can I now have my money back as theyre not the same as the ones the Drac have?
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 500
    TopBoyEd wrote: »
    Hmmm dear Kixeye I will happily admit I brought Shockwave L after finding the first part as I really wanted them. Can I now have my money back as theyre not the same as the ones the Drac have?

They are the same, Refresh your game or something. My shockwaves are acting like thuds. Yours should be too.
  • iownusobad
    iownusobad
    Skilled Warrior
    I think he is lieing and doesn't actually own any I do heres the vid. http://youtu.be/O-QX7H0XGc0
    RedBeard/Smash INC
  • TopBoyEd
    TopBoyEd
    Minor Nuisance
    Oh ok yeah I see now they have changed how ours work too, ok so the product I brought is no longer behaving in the way I paid for it to do. If my TV stopped working the way it was supposed to Id take it back. So again I wonder hmmm can I have a refund?
  • leefost
    leefost
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 398
    Good Job i've fitted out my wolfs with shockwaves for this raid, those level 6 salvages are gonna sink now. Underhand tactic of kixeye to make changes like this though for the raid, this will more than annoy most of the players in the game, not really good busness sense I would say.
  • Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    Yes Kixeye has changes to the game, and to be honest, I am glad they have made the salvages harder, Lv 8 should not be hit by lv 22 players and win because they have subs.

Most people seem to have a very short term memory, cause in a recent news update "Existing Blueprints are due for an upgrade to make them stronger vs Forsaken tech." Its not like kixeye didnt warn us about it.
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.
This discussion has been closed.