No.

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,385
    Ive got a lvl 7 factory, and will be starting it towards lvl 8 tonight. The repair time is about 33 min. I set a timer for when the repair finishes, and then start rebuilding my forces. The savings in time (currently 18min per paladin) is more than enough to make up for the increased repair times. Also the extra health at the factory makes it so you hit DP (51%+ damage) sooner during an attack, because generally (at least in my base design) the factory is the first to go.

So Ben is there any tips that you would give for a lower level tech bracket (High level Paladins, Some with Challengers). I think Im the only one with [lvl 1] Raptors right now. My attacking consists of luring if possible then hitting them with the raptors once their out of the base. Otherwise its send out riflemen/suicide bombers to draw fire. (Suicide Bombers are much more likely to get a lot closer IMO as they move faster and have more health), and hit them with paladins. Is there any more useful advice now?
    Useful advice? In every attack, you need 70 rifles and 5-6 paladins and that's it. The rifles are for drawing units out and spreading around them so that they have to retarget (and using paladins to destroy the defending units). A cloak of moving rifles that were placed spread out can draw fire from gun turrets and make mortars miss whilst paladins tear the towers apart from behind. Suicide bombers in defence are the only way to stop this strategy, and even they can be taken out using masses of heavy gunners.
    RoyalGuard

• Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    Ive got a lvl 7 factory, and will be starting it towards lvl 8 tonight. The repair time is about 33 min. I set a timer for when the repair finishes, and then start rebuilding my forces. The savings in time (currently 18min per paladin) is more than enough to make up for the increased repair times. Also the extra health at the factory makes it so you hit DP (51%+ damage) sooner during an attack, because generally (at least in my base design) the factory is the first to go.

So Ben is there any tips that you would give for a lower level tech bracket (High level Paladins, Some with Challengers). I think Im the only one with [lvl 1] Raptors right now. My attacking consists of luring if possible then hitting them with the raptors once their out of the base. Otherwise its send out riflemen/suicide bombers to draw fire. (Suicide Bombers are much more likely to get a lot closer IMO as they move faster and have more health), and hit them with paladins. Is there any more useful advice now?

Your telling Ben strategy? Didn't you read his post? He invented it all. haha! Too funny....
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Your telling Ben strategy? Didn't you read his post? He invented it all. haha! Too funny....
    He was asking me for strategies...plus, I've never really had a go at using suicide bombers.
    RoyalGuard

• Commiesalami
    Commiesalami
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 47
    Well for one thing don't use raptors. ;)

Raptors came about when my main rival was stacking all of paladins underneath his commander center in the exact same spot all on hold position. I figured that a single pass of 5 raptors would dependable remove 20 or so paladins. Ive hit him twice now with raptors (lvl 1) and its wiped out all of his tanks dependably. Im pretty sure this tactic won't last, but ill reap the benefits until the current bracket gets a little smarter.
  • Chopheazy
    Chopheazy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 183
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    Useful advice? In every attack, you need 70 rifles and 5-6 paladins and that's it. The rifles are for drawing units out and spreading around them so that they have to retarget (and using paladins to destroy the defending units). A cloak of moving rifles that were placed spread out can draw fire from gun turrets and make mortars miss whilst paladins tear the towers apart from behind. Suicide bombers in defence are the only way to stop this strategy, and even they can be taken out using masses of heavy gunners.
    SHHHH.... lol
    B.Y.M. User ID is: 2948356 BYR W.C. User ID is: 3326
    JON FRENCH wrote: »
    Pretty sure its design is inspiried by the "Titty Twister" strip club from "Dusk to Dawn"
    OS Type,OS Version,Browser Type,IP Address,Javascript Enabled,Cookies Enabled,Color Depth,Screen Resolution,Browser Window Size,Flash Version,Full Flash Version,User AgentMicrosoft,Windows XP,Firefox 3.6.23,99.51.10X.XX,No,No,24,1280 x 1024,1280 x 797,11.0.1,11.0.1,Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.23) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.2
  • Commiesalami
    Commiesalami
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 47
    Correcting myself, Lvl 7 Factory takes 47 min to repair.
  • Tom Tommyweiser Bartram
    Tom Tommyweiser Bartram
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 944
    tough call, in backyard monsters the toughest monster they had took an hour regardless of upgrades.

the paladins now take an hour maybe take 15 minutes off that

i too have paid money. not much but about £20
    Bored so bored
  • Evgenij Koltjev
    Evgenij Koltjev
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 671
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/122596-Best-base-layout-in-WC-so-far
    no problems with megatanks or any other units attacking me now ever. its amazing how my enemy dieing very fast with my new layout. most ppl deploying units and instantly undeploying with 0% damage to base
    but if they decide to continue after deploying - all their units die and my base usually only 3-5% damaged
  • andrew d
    andrew d
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 832
    @ Vancouver Jimmy....I quote commie Salami..."So Ben is there any tips that you would give for a lower level tech bracket (High level Paladins, Some with Challengers). I think Im the only one with [lvl 1] Raptors right now. My attacking consists of luring if possible then hitting them with the raptors once their out of the base. Otherwise its send out riflemen/suicide bombers to draw fire. (Suicide Bombers are much more likely to get a lot closer IMO as they move faster and have more health), and hit them with paladins. Is there any more useful advice now?"

And your response?..."your telling Ben strategy? Didn't you read his post? He invented it all. haha! Too funny........"

Well, didn't YOU read HIS post? He's ASKING his advice on strategy not TELLING him!!!

Actually, although Ben was half joking, (Which you probably failed to spot), he probably DID come up with most of the strategy used on here. What, are you jealous? LOL, too funny.......Seems to me that you'll clutch at any old straw to ridicule someone who gets the better of you in threads...just like you tried and failed to do to me on this and a different thread yesterday.

By the way, Jimmy, did you call yourself Vancouver Jimmy so that everyone could differentiate you from the other 782,000 people named Jimmy in Vancouver who called themselves Vancouver Jimmy?
  • Gio
    Gio
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 6,455
    Got mega tank'ed again, NERF THOSE OP THINGS!!! :mad:
    :3
    Playing Battle Pir... Woops, I mean Vega Conflict atm :P

Btw, I'm extremely lazy and all my posts have been deleted...
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/122596-Best-base-layout-in-WC-so-far
    no problems with megatanks or any other units attacking me now ever. its amazing how my enemy dieing very fast with my new layout. most ppl deploying units and instantly undeploying with 0% damage to base
    but if they decide to continue after deploying - all their units die and my base usually only 3-5% damaged
    1. Your base layout is stunning until it meets my old friend: the razorback. Well done - you have managed to make your base safe from MTNs. Make it safe from experienced players and I will give you a Nobel Prize.

2. Most people in the game don't have mega tanks, so can't revel in your "glorious" strategy.
    RoyalGuard

• Evgenij Koltjev
    Evgenij Koltjev
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 671
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    1. Your base layout is stunning until it meets my old friend: the razorback. Well done - you have managed to make your base safe from MTNs. Make it safe from experienced players and I will give you a Nobel Prize.

2. Most people in the game don't have mega tanks, so can't revel in your "glorious" strategy.

Oh yea babe. I was attacked by expereanced player all night. I will Put combat logs in that thread
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm really pissed off now. Start attacking this guy totally protected by mega tanks, take out a couple using paladins and rifles - the classic non-mega tank strategy. MTN ninjas me, somehow wipes the entire base (mega tanks, lvl10 towers and everything). How is that even possible? The base still had a good few mega tanks in defence, high level towers that almost killed my paladins (when the mortars refused to retarget to the baiting rifles). May I be one of the long line of people to say THIS IS BS.
    RoyalGuard

• andrew d
    andrew d
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 832
    Ben I think it's time to form an Anti MTN Alliance, link up via FB friends, and take revenge. You're the man to lead, Jay can be second in command and I will add what I can with my limited units.