Fire Warden

Commodore_Leviticus
Commodore_Leviticus
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 507
Kixeye

It is rare that I complain, and as you can see I am not some new account made for the sole purpose of riddiculing. This said I would like to talk for a moment about the Fire Wardens. Their barrel is clearly fixed in place and yet they can target air, their range is incredible, they have aoe, they cannot be shocked and they seemingly have a ridiculous amount of health compared to other units.

Whilst lighter and faster units can dance around them bases often have so many of them that it isn't feasible. Commandants do alright against them, and the arial drones of hoplites do draw the fire warden's agro, but because of the aoe of the wardens it becomes a matter of using deployment space and micromanaging the hoplites so they are not exposed to other enemy units. On certain maps you can trick the ai into getting stuck on terrain, but I am sure that this isn't something you lot appreciate.

It seems to me that when designing this unit you lot opted to give it everything, and then dump enough to overwhelm players to the point that the bases become less about devising battlefield tactics to deal with the problem and more about attrition before the repair time becomes greater than any earned reward. If you lot intend to use this unit again I implore you to consider nerfing it.
Your User ID is: 2939780
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 2,071
    EH units are weak to solar units, if you tried using the Helios, you can see that confusion works against them

the most dangerous commanders are those who you know nothing about

Useful Links: Discord , YouTube

• THE FKIN END
    THE FKIN END
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 70
    Kixeye

It is rare that I complain, and as you can see I am not some new account made for the sole purpose of riddiculing. This said I would like to talk for a moment about the Fire Wardens. Their barrel is clearly fixed in place and yet they can target air, their range is incredible, they have aoe, they cannot be shocked and they seemingly have a ridiculous amount of health compared to other units.

Whilst lighter and faster units can dance around them bases often have so many of them that it isn't feasible. Commandants do alright against them, and the arial drones of hoplites do draw the fire warden's agro, but because of the aoe of the wardens it becomes a matter of using deployment space and micromanaging the hoplites so they are not exposed to other enemy units. On certain maps you can trick the ai into getting stuck on terrain, but I am sure that this isn't something you lot appreciate.

It seems to me that when designing this unit you lot opted to give it everything, and then dump enough to overwhelm players to the point that the bases become less about devising battlefield tactics to deal with the problem and more about attrition before the repair time becomes greater than any earned reward. If you lot intend to use this unit again I implore you to consider nerfing it.
    look whos back complaining yet again
  • Vintage StudMuffin
    Vintage StudMuffin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 415
    What the hell is a Fire Warden ??

They call me Vintage Stud.....
    Which means I'm very Old, Wise and have a Big D**K
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4,778