Cost Of Repairs

Vintage StudMuffin
Vintage StudMuffin
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 415
Does anyone else think its crazy stupid for Kixeye to charge 55-Coins or make you wait 21-Hours to heal a Platoon thats only 3 out of 8 Bars damaged?? On top of that, you have to sign in several times a day just to make sure its healing  :s

I think their Price Gouging players in a Time of High Costs (Inflation) is just insane.........

They call me Vintage Stud.....
Which means I'm very Old, Wise and have a Big D**K
  • XjjjjjjjX
    XjjjjjjjX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 364
    It's also killing the game as people won't coin and they wait 21 hours for the platoon to heal.  So play every other day.  We are left with all the players who play 9 hrs a day so kixeye have to make repair times too long so as these players cannot play all the time for free, if Kixeye set plt heal at a sensible time like a couple of hours.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 2,071
    that depends on what you have damaged, uniques are known for having high repair times and costs

the most dangerous commanders are those who you know nothing about

Useful Links: Discord , YouTube

• Vintage StudMuffin
    Vintage StudMuffin
    Skilled Warrior
    Adel-Tech said:
    that depends on what you have damaged, uniques are known for having high repair times and costs
    Yeah I dont really care if its Unique or Invisible, the repair times in this "Computer Game" are just stupid. And for the first time since I started playing this Game, Im really considering to Quit Playing. I'll take my $$$ a month and spend it on something fun. And I quit recommending this Game a long ago. I used to be excited to get on and join in on the latest sector war. No I get on and just see what upgrades are going and start healing another Plat since they dont start automatically.

They have basically made it so its not a War Game anymore, Its an Event Game now. Thats the only time repairs are reasonable. Its almost not worth attacking anyone for War, because you cant do it with 1-Plat and then your setting there for days healing.

• jaime.strock
    jaime.strock
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 61
    edited 6 Oct 2022, 6:29PM
    With EVERY event it seems that the rate of gold required to "pay" for damages increases. It's a classic rip-off by these people! Why does a 100% destroyed platoon cost 38 gold to instantly repair during non-event times and this same 100% destroyed platoon cost 65 gold to instantly repair during an event?? It's NOT right! 
  • captainhh
    captainhh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 340
    it depends on the time needed to repair the toon as you know, the problem is in these unique units that require 10+ hours to repair, hence I don't use them.
  • Vintage StudMuffin
    Vintage StudMuffin
    Skilled Warrior
    captainhh said:
    it depends on the time needed to repair the toon as you know, the problem is in these unique units that require 10+ hours to repair, hence I don't use them.
    That is the problem, whats the sense of playing a war game if you cant use all the units because of repair time???
    Its suppose to be a FUN Game...........
    And allot of people are just not having fun

• pcheyne
    pcheyne
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 267
    Adel-Tech said:
    thats one of the things that killing this game... if they have a high repair time, whats the point in get them for a unit your not going to use

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 2,071
    pcheyne said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    thats one of the things that killing this game... if they have a high repair time, whats the point in get them for a unit your not going to use

not using a unique unit is on you, they are more powerful and flexible than a single standard unit so their costs and times are justified, and 8 hours isn't that long

the most dangerous commanders are those who you know nothing about

Useful Links: Discord , YouTube

• Vintage StudMuffin
    Vintage StudMuffin
    Skilled Warrior
    Adel-Tech said:
    not using a unique unit is on you, they are more powerful and flexible than a single standard unit so their costs and times are justified, and 8 hours isn't that long
    We are talking about a Computer Game here. Who is determining that a Unique Unit must be 8-Hours or more of Repair?? They can just as easily make a Unique repair time be 3-Hours each. It basically kills the Player Vs Player part of the game. No one wants to hit another Player when it takes 5-Plats to kill a base and you have to wait 3-5 Days to heal those Plats. So you get to attack once every 3-5 Days ????

They are turning this game into Event Commander, as its the only time repairs are semi-reasonable.. :s

• captainhh
    captainhh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 340
    Sorry Adel, this time I disagree with you, the mostly used unique today is Asmo (if not the only one), we all know why: the range, 1 Commandant is as good as these unique units, in many cases are even better, I hardly know anyone using unique units in the recent events, where is claymore, delta team o name few.

Of course some players will jump on my throat and till me they use them all the time, you possibly are however these units are no special at all if you put the time invested to level them up against repair time and usability. My Asmo level 12 take 4-5 shots to kill one of these beefy tanks in these events, so does my level 10 Commandant. 
  • para42
    para42
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 570
    I actually agree with captainhh, asmo is the only unique i use these days and sometimes bounty hunter. The thing is a lot of the uniques have lost their usefulness now. take the darkstorm, in its day it was a game changer, now it has very limited use, surely it wouldnt hurt to reduce the repair time on uniques that are aging and less useful then they were in their prime