FM it must be for all levels

wwsaa.aukert
wwsaa.aukert
Greenhorn
Joined May 2013 Posts: 6
if you don't put FM back as it was before with targets within reach of all levels 120/121,  many will stop playing again.
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 42
    most should have everest witch with right driving can do 135s free and a flt will auto them and there doable with preatioen so tell me how the 135 is not doable but lil players 

• phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,033
    if you don't put FM back as it was before with targets within reach of all levels 120/121,  many will stop playing again.
    I am not sure what level you are or how long you have been playing. But the golden rule is always try to get the new hull, as soon as you can.

The 120/121's have been held in place for a lot longer than is usual and whilst Kix should have implemented the recent change in prizes, to include the bare essentials for an Everest fleet, they have been there for a while now.

Yes its not as easy as autoing with the free fleet, but I have to ask what have you been building?
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 339
    There is also still a target to hit with Praetorians, the 135, and its doable with them.  I did one last night while my Everests were upgrading.
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    I am not sure what level you are or how long you have been playing. But the golden rule is always try to get the new hull, as soon as you can.

The 120/121's have been held in place for a lot longer than is usual and whilst Kix should have implemented the recent change in prizes, to include the bare essentials for an Everest fleet, they have been there for a while now.

Yes its not as easy as autoing with the free fleet, but I have to ask what have you been building?
    Everest and its components were just added to the FM prize list last month.... while true that the 120/121's were around way longer than any other, i dont think another month would have hurt to allow the catching up players to get at least a basic fleet of them built and ranked (no vxp tokens for them in FM, and we all know how well salvs work lately).

Falls right into line with releasing the flag for raid fleet a week before and expecting everyone to have it Built, ranked, AND upgraded for said raid
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 503
    The 135 is an old Praetorian target, from before the Everest existed. Not that easy for freebie Praetorians, but it's not impossible either.

If you stick to hitting a few before bed and let them repair overnight, you'll soon have Everests. Two will do the 135's.
    It should be your top priority because the FM is an ongoing thing and a good FM fleet will be useful for a long time.

• kixeyeuser_3616496
    kixeyeuser_3616496
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 202
    i just dont see how i can build the everest im on the PvE hamsterwheel all build time is currently taken up by upgrading protons+flag...buy the time they have upgradedthe new raid hull will need to be built and so on 
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,756
    There are "stepping stones" in place that one must follow to be successful in this game.

Time is of the essence.

You cannot rest on your laurels and become complacent, or else you will never see any light at the end of the tunnel.
  • kixeyeuser_3616496
    kixeyeuser_3616496
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 202
    There are "stepping stones" in place that one must follow to be successful in this game.

Time is of the essence.

You cannot rest on your laurels and become complacent, or else you will never see any light at the end of the tunnel.
    cant see those stepping stones mate..upgrade protons till raid...get new hull ,start building using all tokens i can get ,that will probably get me 1 flag and 4 ships nearly built..do raid ,spend next 4 weeks finishing buid and upgrading ships..then next raid get new hull.
    Thats using upgrades from fm and raid ...if i do a tlc to get tokens i then need repair time in dock for tlc fleet ...wich i cant do because im upgrading/building my raid fleet
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,587

Time is of the essence.

The stepping stones have sunk.

How do I know?

Answer this:

Question: How many free hulls have they given out over the last year?

Answer: More than they have in the previous 6 years combined.

THe fact that they have to give out fleet so players can actually play with any chance of getting anything proves that there are no stepping stones, well ones that are above water so players can actually walk on them - not have to dive down a few metres to even begin to start looking for them.
  • BPSmokey
    BPSmokey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 246
    We hear this every couple of months, we should not get hurt (not severely) doing FM as it is considered a chore, using a chore fleet. Generally you agree, then you change it again, and those that say they can do 135's without getting hurt are only kidding themselves that they had not coined, my Prea's are all X1 and still get hurt pretty good. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,598
    most should have everest witch with right driving can do 135s free and a flt will auto them and there doable with preatioen so tell me how the 135 is not doable but lil players 

Which *

They're *

Praetorian *

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    edited 23 Nov 2020, 9:54PM

Time is of the essence.

How do I know?

Answer this:

THe fact that they have to give out fleet so players can actually play with any chance of getting anything proves that there are no stepping stones, well ones that are above water so players can actually walk on them - not have to dive down a few metres to even begin to start looking for them.
    Yes, they have given many fleets away. But I didn't need any of them.

I am not a coiner, and my raid fleets are ready for raids, other than upgrades. 

It just takes a little planning.

My Everests were on the water within a month of them being released.

The OP was referring to the FM and the removal of 120/121's. They gave Praetorians away months ago, Everests have been in the FM for over a month I believe. Obtaining the Everests should have been "TOP" priority, and then getting the builds rolling.

7 years in the game at level 116, you should have a better grasp of whats going on.

Not trying to be harsh, just stating the facts.

The path IS there...whether you follow it is totally up to the individual.

Don't try to "measure up" to the Smith whales and the Jones whales next to you. They are on a whole other level than you.

JUST DO YOU !
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor

Time is of the essence.

cant see those stepping stones mate..upgrade protons till raid...get new hull ,start building using all tokens i can get ,that will probably get me 1 flag and 4 ships nearly built..do raid ,spend next 4 weeks finishing buid and upgrading ships..then next raid get new hull.
    Thats using upgrades from fm and raid ...if i do a tlc to get tokens i then need repair time in dock for tlc fleet ...wich i cant do because im upgrading/building my raid fleet
    Sounds like you have Photons mate. Kudos !

Just not sure what that has to do with the FM and the removal of 120/121's

Are you referring to SY being tied up with builds so much so that you cant get Everests built ?

Well....that is a matter of priority.

I'm pretty sure most of us knew that when the Everest was released that it was just a matter of time that the 120/121's would be removed.

What you did with that knowledge was totally up to you.

For now, the 135 is a safety net for Praetorian only users.

But as I said before, don't become complacent and think thats gonna last forever. Because it most assuredly will not.
  • myersey
    myersey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 334
    FM was suppose to be for new players to catch up, this will kill the game for most new players thereby ending the game for lack of new players.
  • BPSmokey
    BPSmokey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 246

Time is of the essence.

How do I know?

Answer this:

Free fleets were given out for player to catch up because Kix rushes new targets without giving people time to build, the coiners get the fleets for a month or 2, then they give them to everyone that did not pay ridiculous money to get and build them during a raid..... So everyone's thought about Kix being generous has nothing to do with it, they lose money when everyone does not have a given ship and cannot do Raid / FM etc...
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    edited 23 Nov 2020, 2:40AM
    myersey said:
    FM was suppose to be for new players to catch up, this will kill the game for most new players thereby ending the game for lack of new players.
    I have some Praets & flag at U2, been gone a few months, so no Everest blah blah & I had a stab at a few 135s.. 6k points per for around 2 & 1/2 hours each.

That's acceptable, I think. Sure, I'd like it to be free, but no matter. Long repair overnight. If you don't have top fleets, expect to take damage if not able to hit what you'd like to. Pretty simple, been like that since always..!

I can pick up Everest this cycle no worries, maybe weapon/specials if I can be bothered. I can at least get some blank hulls started, weirdly I have some tokens for that too (& a bunch of generic hull tokens sitting in chests)

Both SYs are free.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 713
    BPSmokey said:
    We hear this every couple of months, we should not get hurt (not severely) doing FM as it is considered a chore, using a chore fleet. Generally you agree, then you change it again, and those that say they can do 135's without getting hurt are only kidding themselves that they had not coined, my Prea's are all X1 and still get hurt pretty good. 
    If your Prats are all X1 and you're taking excess damage in a 135, you need to re-evaluate your driving, your build, or both. I those targets, driving is more important than you might think.
  • wwsaa.aukert
    wwsaa.aukert
    Greenhorn
    if the construction and repair time of the ships were reduced by a lot, (as the times are really ridiculous in length, as I also specified in my feedback) they would earn double the users and double the money, without losing. I have been playing since 2009, when the sea was still black, I stopped at least 2 times because it became impossible and boring with the longest loading ever seen for a game but, if you put some simple things in place, this online game would be great. always said that Kix has difficulties in its commercial policy, since the beginning.

• jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 713

Time is of the essence.

Ok, I have a solution for you here. You might not like it, but... Before the first raid in a cycle, get your raid fleet upgraded to U2. It doesn't take long and you don't have to get as many upgrade kits either. Then, when the first raid in the cycle starts, buy the "Upgrade all to U3" offer, which should only be like $9.99 because your fleet is all U2. You'll not only have a U3 fleet for the raid, but you'll also have extra SY time both before and after the raid to work on other stuff. Then, when the 2nd raid in the cycle starts, buy the "Upgrade all to X1" offer, which should also be around $9.99. I do that all the time, but you can choose to just do it a few times, then go back to doing it the slow way after you've gotten other things done. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    The 135s are a solution, though I have also heard some Captains requesting an increase in the spawn rate (which is noted). We'll also be updating our beginner campaigns to help new/returning pirates. Thanks, folks. 
    Ghillie. Blunt question: Why the (expletive) are Icebreaker & Monolith hulls & tokens in the FM????

They're total & utter expletive.

Maybe they could be changed out for.. Oh, Praetorian build & upgrade tokens? Am sure new players wouldn't complain (nor those returning to the game)
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    if the construction and repair time of the ships were reduced by a lot, (as the times are really ridiculous in length, as I also specified in my feedback) they would earn double the users and double the money, without losing. I have been playing since 2009, when the sea was still black, I stopped at least 2 times because it became impossible and boring with the longest loading ever seen for a game but, if you put some simple things in place, this online game would be great. always said that Kix has difficulties in its commercial policy, since the beginning.

Wow, you've been playing since 2009???????????????????????????

Funny that, the game was released in 2011...!

Anyway, chore fleets take longer to build than Conqs as they last longer. Well, older days, some Conqs.. Ugh, 10 days for a blank hull? (Hellhound, for example)
  • wwsaa.aukert
    wwsaa.aukert
    Greenhorn
    sorry i confused the dates, you are right, i opened my FB account in 2009 and started playing in BP as soon as it was opened, maybe 2011, i don't remember, i just remember it was at the very beginning, when the sea was black and the first fleets were small, I remember that it took a long time to make resources from the cargo as well.

• Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    sorry i confused the dates, you are right, i opened my FB account in 2009 and started playing in BP as soon as it was opened, maybe 2011, i don't remember, i just remember it was at the very beginning, when the sea was black and the first fleets were small, I remember that it took a long time to make resources from the cargo as well.

Before my time, but you probably dreaded floating fortresses visiting lol
  • wwsaa.aukert
    wwsaa.aukert
    Greenhorn
    was orrible the floating fortress, and ugly ugly the first ships. lol