10.47 Discussion Thread (Forsaken Mission Week!)

• phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,038
    edited 19 Nov 2020, 12:27AM
     Dear kixeye you taken away the 170 and replaced it with the 172 why?... The 172 you have increased the level but not the points payout why not?... You expect us to get 140,000 for specials,armours etc but we have to chore our way through the fm whats up with you kixeyes peoples do you think as a player I am so dim and stupid . As a coiner " hey these players wont even notice the FM is a chore nothing more nothing less" COME ON KIXEYE

Dont forget the damage increase - thats for free. It will give an extra 1hr or so for nothing!!!
    Just done 7 172's gave me average of 1hr 15mins (flag and 3 with armour) 4th in slow upgrade to U1.

Maybe tomorrow when I have a full fleet and can compare I will be saying Kix got this about right 170 to 172 transition. 

Not saying it isn't a chore and the prizes are over priced, because they are.

I actually think this target is better than the 170. Seems to take less time.

• Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    The 170 was 16k plus a Freedom Fist shard (IIRC)

The 172 is 18k plus a Blacklight shard.

It's an significant upgrade when you take the shard into consideration.

Plus..... now that there are upgrade paths to the Everest you have to expect these newer targets are going to be tuned for them,

Plus..... now that there are upgrade paths to the Everest you have to expect these newer targets are going to be tuned for them 

This right here hit the nail right on the head... Every event and/or new target has been tuned this way, even if said upgrades were only introduced the week before.  Tell me again how you are listening to the players? 

As for the 120/121 removal... bad move at this point. The spawn rate can be halved to encourage players to hit the higher targets, but i think they still need to be there. As helpful as the beginner camps are, i think they fudged up the game too. There is no more progression. It's just "start playing, do these and you have your fleets. You need "entry level" targets so newish peeps can learn from with the fleets you are handing them.

That said, you have to quit focusing on the "new and exciting" targets you keep spamming us with. We've caught on... every target that is done easily/autoed gets reaped and replaced by the "new and expensive". Sometimes that goes too far tho.... Ever heard the saying "Sometimes slower is faster."? Apparently not..... my $.02
  • Bob of the North
    Bob of the North
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 331

@CM_Ghillie said:
    Pirates, please discuss everything related to the 10.47 Update here. 

Can you add all FM targets to the Companion App as there is nothing there since you took the 120 and 121 away. I know it's not a priority but it is something that helps players keep current being able to do some chores when away from a computer.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 16
    You give the new Everest hull that has 170 million armor yet they pretty much melt in a 135 target, and without armor it is a 15 day build. Then we work to get the new and improved armor available in the FM...spend another month or so refitting the fleet; which is good for about a month! Kix decides they need more money so the offer the New and Improved hull..fully armored..woohoo the rich buy the new fleet and right away start to enjoy the game. Meanwhile the idiot who took the time to grind their way to get better armor in raids, bounty etc are left to do more refitting! Now the game developer has decided to do away with the 120's and other smaller targets leaving the players to suffer through another 3-7 hour repair time and they may never even achieve to get all the armors and specialized hulls to do the FM? Kix if you are looking to destroy this game I believe you're headed down a Path of Self Destruction. It is not a game anymore when people have to spend hours and hours getting simple armor which gets nerfed 2 months later! It become a job and not enjoyable at all. Keep at it Kix, Do not heed the daily players who have tried their best to play the game, do not pay attention to us..just stick to the path that you are on and this game will end, with good and devoted groups leaving the game!
  • Zinched
    Zinched
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 117
    If you're going to take away the hundreds of available 120/121 targets, can you please at least increase the 135 spawn rate. Everyone is rushing to hit them now, it's become a fight like raid targets usually are.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Zinched said:
    If you're going to take away the hundreds of available 120/121 targets, can you please at least increase the 135 spawn rate. Everyone is rushing to hit them now, it's become a fight like raid targets usually are.
    For some while now there have been too many 135's and not enough of the higher targets......Should be more of everything especially the 172's.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    You give the new Everest hull that has 170 million armor yet they pretty much melt in a 135 target, and without armor it is a 15 day build. Then we work to get the new and improved armor available in the FM...spend another month or so refitting the fleet; which is good for about a month! Kix decides they need more money so the offer the New and Improved hull..fully armored..woohoo the rich buy the new fleet and right away start to enjoy the game. Meanwhile the idiot who took the time to grind their way to get better armor in raids, bounty etc are left to do more refitting! Now the game developer has decided to do away with the 120's and other smaller targets leaving the players to suffer through another 3-7 hour repair time and they may never even achieve to get all the armors and specialized hulls to do the FM? Kix if you are looking to destroy this game I believe you're headed down a Path of Self Destruction. It is not a game anymore when people have to spend hours and hours getting simple armor which gets nerfed 2 months later! It become a job and not enjoyable at all. Keep at it Kix, Do not heed the daily players who have tried their best to play the game, do not pay attention to us..just stick to the path that you are on and this game will end, with good and devoted groups leaving the game!
    I started the Everest way back when it was first offered......did the same with the Preat's., when they first arrived on the scene. Never believed in coining a lot and certainly not where the Garrison fleets are concerned. Have been progressively building the fleet without coin. I could do enough 170's before they removed them to hit 140k points before needing an overnight repair......Not Auto and Not enjoyable but doable if you choose to.

So whilst I can empathise with your position and agree with some of what you say I exclude myself from all you say bar the Idiot bit, as I still play this game.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    Someone is taking this game in the wrong direction, in almost every aspect.
  • fxstb63
    fxstb63
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 75
    with the change in targets 160 to 162 and 170 to 172 which are of course are harder why wouldn't you put the new armor for Everest on the prize list ???
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 113
    Dopey_87 said:
    The 170 was 16k plus a Freedom Fist shard (IIRC)

The 172 is 18k plus a Blacklight shard.

It's an significant upgrade when you take the shard into consideration.

Plus..... now that there are upgrade paths to the Everest you have to expect these newer targets are going to be tuned for them,

Plus..... now that there are upgrade paths to the Everest you have to expect these newer targets are going to be tuned for them 

This right here hit the nail right on the head... Every event and/or new target has been tuned this way, even if said upgrades were only introduced the week before.  Tell me again how you are listening to the players? 

As for the 120/121 removal... bad move at this point. The spawn rate can be halved to encourage players to hit the higher targets, but i think they still need to be there. As helpful as the beginner camps are, i think they fudged up the game too. There is no more progression. It's just "start playing, do these and you have your fleets. You need "entry level" targets so newish peeps can learn from with the fleets you are handing them.

That said, you have to quit focusing on the "new and exciting" targets you keep spamming us with. We've caught on... every target that is done easily/autoed gets reaped and replaced by the "new and expensive". Sometimes that goes too far tho.... Ever heard the saying "Sometimes slower is faster."? Apparently not..... my $.02

I just tried the 172.... 9 hours of repair but it's what I expected given my fleet is actually underpowered in armor and countermeasures and only one hull is U1 so far.

I would like to see the G2 armor made available on the FM prize list though, and maybe the Everest upgrade kits.  

As for removing the 120/121 it's about time.  I have three Praetorian fleets available to me and yet I haven't touched one of those targets in months.  The payout rate versus the costs of all the new tech isn't worth that much grinding and everyone is complaining about having to grind.

If they brought back say.... the 127 as the intro target then it might be a better alternative.  
  • MassCarnage21
    MassCarnage21
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 26
    I was also hoping to find the new Everest armour in the FM...
  • GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 16
    I was trying to make a point by identifying that we get new hulls to do the FM only to refit, and refit, and refit new and improved armor! Kix introduces the Everest Hull with 170 million armor (kinda silly) only we have to install "Specialized armor" to play the game! 170 million armor should be able to do a level 135 target easily..but NOPE it melts like butter? Why even bother putting 170 million armor when all it does is increase repair times?
  • HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 367
    you need to change a few things on your build  ,as i can do a 135 for under 5 minutes on auto 

• DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 587

I just tried the 172.... 9 hours of repair but it's what I expected given my fleet is actually underpowered in armor and countermeasures and only one hull is U1 so far.

I would like to see the G2 armor made available on the FM prize list though, and maybe the Everest upgrade kits.  

What is your build if you getting 9hrs repair on a 172  my fleet is not fully built / armoured and dont take no where near that damage 

+1 for the G2 armours and everest kits to be in FM prize list just like the ones for the pratorians were  
  • D'Steel
    D'Steel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 370

@DPR said:
    (Quote)
    What is your build if you getting 9hrs repair on a 172  my fleet is not fully built / armoured and dont take no where near that damage 

+1 for the G2 armours and everest kits to be in FM prize list just like the ones for the pratorians were  

He have a pinocchio build. Lmao

• Oldadeo
    Oldadeo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 103
    Have you guys lost yours minds?  This is no longer a game.  It is your cash cow.  You design the game for those who contiue to be happy to throw the big money at it to be the top players or a players that can compete with each other on that top level.  Then there are the majority of us who are more causal players, wanting to keep up but not wanting to spend endless empty hours doing daily chores or play for 4 minutes and repair for 8 hours.  And you wonder why there aren't to many new players or players willing to invite new players to this game.  Some of us casual players may have been here for years telling ourselves, or maybe just myself that this is still fun.  What a freaking stupid raid, only two hulls to do the whole thing expect the bottom tier.  And then it took forever or coin to get enough points to get the new hulls which there is now way to be built before this cycle is over and the next one changes.  But that is my fault for just playing for having fun. 

It would be nice to have some weapons that would kick the crap out of attacking fleets for a while.  Of course we don't whine enough or spend the bucks to upgrade of bases as they do the fleets.  There is no balance of power as intended I presume.  120', 121's are gone and to what end,a huge mistake but that is my opinion.  If there was a good reason for it then maybe it would be a little bit easier to swallow.  Ends the growth for newer players or those who may be lagging  behind some.  I understand it is tough to keep a game interesting and moving forward for all levels.  Sadly some are left in the dust.  Who cares anyway.
  • Dennis_C98
    Dennis_C98
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 5
    NO WAY WE CAN DO THE WEEKLY THE DAMAGE IS TO MUCH A DOING ONE 135 IS 5 HR REPAIR

• HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 367
    NO WAY WE CAN DO THE WEEKLY THE DAMAGE IS TO MUCH A DOING ONE 135 IS 5 HR REPAIR

what fleet are you using ?
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    DPR said:

My driving isn't wasn't the greatest.  Second time through I cut it down to 7 hours.  It can still use improvement

Took the fleet out of repair to take a quick look:

Flag (U0)= MDS3, 2xGale3, (6)Icefall, (4)Z1X and (2)Z1M
    Ship 2 (U0) = MDS3, 2xGale3, (6)Icefall, (4)Z1X and (2)Z1M
    Ship 3 (U0) = MDS1, 1xGale3, 1xGale4, (6)Icefall, (4)Z1X ad (2)Z1M
    Ship 4 (U1) = MDS1, 2xGale3, (6)Icefall, (1)G2M and (1)G2X
    Ship 5 (U0) = MDS3, 2xGale3, (6)Icefall (4)Z1X and (2)Z1M

All ships have K2, AMS, CML4 and RF-X.  Three have Garrison MK-X, two have Explosive 1, 

I've been refitting specials along the way as I pick up things.  Also have enough kits to bring the flag to U2 and U1 to the other four.  Just have to work it all in.

• TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance

what fleet are you using ?

Nice!!   My current Everest fleet above does a 135 with that much damage if I drive it.
  • Zinched
    Zinched
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 117
    What was the actual point of upgrading the titanium depots? 

We went from a lvl 2 that gives 5k and lvl 12 that gives 50k. To a lvl 5 that gives 5k, and lvl 15 that gives 50k. 
    The only difference I can see is that we take double the damage.

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with Kix that you have this never ending need to ream the players? As if there isn't enough chores that are grindy, now instead of instant repairing zealots and just having to spend that time hitting targets over and over again to stock up, now we also have to spend a few hours repairing as well. 
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    DPR said:

My driving isn't wasn't the greatest.  Second time through I cut it down to 7 hours.  It can still use improvement

All ships have K2, AMS, CML4 and RF-X.  Three have Garrison MK-X, two have Explosive 1, 

I've been refitting specials along the way as I pick up things.  Also have enough kits to bring the flag to U2 and U1 to the other four.  Just have to work it all in.

Current build on my alt account which did a 172 on auto for 2hrs 41mins damage which is very similar to your build, all still at U0.

do you have any older or free fleets which you could rob some hyper 30's and gale 4's from ? When i seen how many of some of the limited specials i had compared to what was available i had a good look at my fleets and scrapped a lot of outdated hulls its suprising what you can find ;)

Gale4's and MDS3's if you got them.

also check out Rens video 

Some good points on countermeasures and projectile speed importance 

HTH and good luck getting the specials you need 

• Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233

Tuesday 24

• November Bounty - November Bounty features U2 upgrades for the Warhound and Trencher

Really? we need these already? Who whined because they couldnt click/auto/kill a base with their bought upgrades? Lil Baby Jesus forbid that someone would actually have to apply SKILL to hitting a base. Yous really do have something against us being able to actually defend our darned bases, dont you?

New defender hull(s) actually make def a possibility, so lets offer them in a campaign, then neuter them next week.... par for the course. Tell me again how base hitting makes Kix money, if the attackers are always crying cuz the gotta spend some coin to beat a base, so you nerf the bases so that they dont have to? I'm kinda confused here (scratching my head).

And IF your "new exciting defender armors" in Bounty are limited, the excitement is already lost... Defender hulls are already limited in there abilities (Cant move or cant be controlled), so more limitations are just gonna irk more of us out of the game. Who knows, maybe yous want it to merely be whale pirates... your game, hang yourself with it
  • Sue Lennon
    Sue Lennon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 2
    **** knows why but cant redo base with base planner ,loads ok and save but says land extends beyond allowed boundaries when it definitely does not, Tried edge instead of chrome, cleared cache, everything i can think of, reinstalled bp ,and wont allow me to use flash to see if that changes things but nothing. What am i doing wrong or is it kixeyes fault?
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    DPR said:
    DPR said:

Current build on my alt account which did a 172 on auto for 2hrs 41mins damage which is very similar to your build, all still at U0.

do you have any older or free fleets which you could rob some hyper 30's and gale 4's from ? When i seen how many of some of the limited specials i had compared to what was available i had a good look at my fleets and scrapped a lot of outdated hulls its suprising what you can find ;)

Gale4's and MDS3's if you got them.

also check out Rens video 

Some good points on countermeasures and projectile speed importance 

HTH and good luck getting the specials you need 

Thanks.... every new bit of info helps!!

I watched Ren P's video on the 172.  Both he and Derpy stressed projectile speed and I dug up what I could to equip the fleet at the outset.  Best run for me now is 6.5 hours repair.  It's the bottom half of the target where I get the crap kicked out of me the worst.

I have some MDS3s I picked up in a TLC that I can swap the MDS1s with.  No Hyper30s but I do need to scrap some hulls because I am running out of storage and might have a few just sitting around in them.

• DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Thanks.... every new bit of info helps!!

I watched Ren P's video on the 172.  Both he and Derpy stressed projectile speed and I dug up what I could to equip the fleet at the outset.  Best run for me now is 6.5 hours repair.  It's the bottom half of the target where I get the crap kicked out of me the worst.

I have some MDS3s I picked up in a TLC that I can swap the MDS1s with.  No Hyper30s but I do need to scrap some hulls because I am running out of storage and might have a few just sitting around in them.

Check the free fleets kix give out and the ones from the introduction chests if you have not claimed them yet.

No probs there is a lot of information out there both Derpy and Ren do good videos and explanations to how tech works and there builds are generally very good but dont always fit my playstyle something to keep in mind when doing your own builds.

Dont forget you can use small long pinch rockets to help reduce damage and can retreat and reload rockets more time consuming per target but lower repairs.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    So what does this mean

" The November Forsaken Mission features two new Zynthium Isotope armors and a great new target for the Everest. "

Does it mean there are 2 new armours for the everest or did someone forget the , after the word armor and its actually referring to 2 separate things?
    Further details available in the FM briefing, but the phrasing WAS a little confusing. Thanks for flagging. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 23 Nov 2020, 8:08PM
    Is the OC going to cap at 2  or still1?
    The OC is staying at 1. It's a flag - 1 should be all that is needed. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    MuddyWolf said:
    CM_Ghillie

"Also, all new changes and fixes will be prioritized for HTML5, unless otherwise noted."

So by this, I take it to mean there is absolutely no plan to fix the dead black space at the bottom of the screen, nor to fix battles not being in red anymore when playing on the flash side, since neither one was fixed after this update. You need to focus on HTML5, I get that, I am just wanting to get a straight answer so I will know what to expect between now and the end of the year.
    I don't have an ETA on if/when those issues are being fixed -- if it's a gamebreaking issue, chances are it'll still be on the table to fix. But smaller fixes likely won't go through for Flash right now. 
This discussion has been closed.