10.47 Discussion Thread (Forsaken Mission Week!)

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,415
Pirates, please discuss everything related to the 10.47 Update here. 
Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,421
    So what does this mean

" The November Forsaken Mission features two new Zynthium Isotope armors and a great new target for the Everest. "

Does it mean there are 2 new armours for the everest or did someone forget the , after the word armor and its actually referring to 2 separate things?
  • ElectraTheCat
    ElectraTheCat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 115
    Probally new armors for the skirmisher hull in next raid?

Just don't do it.  
  • ElectraTheCat
    ElectraTheCat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 115
    Is the OC going to cap at 2  or still1?
    Just don't do it.  
  • Corsairr
    Corsairr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 51
    Will the FTL engine be available on next FM? 
  • David.C
    David.C
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 156
    Is the FM going to be like the raid where there is 1 to 2 410's and 82's at a sub sector but only 2 80's in a sector at a time and you have to use a relay to get to one before 300 other people get there first? I know with Kixs you think dishonesty is our policy is a good policy but it's not.
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 900
    Is the OC going to cap at 2  or still1?
    It is a flag ship can't have more then one in a fleet and with a 30 day build why have a extra 
    Make BP Great Again
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 583
    When can we expect to see the new everest tech/upgrade tokens added to T5 of FM ? 

Are we going to see prize costs stabilize or continue to creep up ? the initial 35k point armour was justified becaus we only needed 2 per hull but other hulls require 4-6 armour per hull ? and still cost 35k

The one thing mostly repeated on a weekly almost daily basis is the level of grind and chores yet even after the points restructure it continues to creep up steadily. I know i spend most of my BP time doing chores rather than hitting bases which is what this game was built on.

Personally i enjoyed the FVF aspect but that died long ago and i have never liked the interceptors.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,587

Does the Legendary still have the potential for the 7 day token, or has that been removed altogether?
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,033

Kixeye are you guys out of your minds or just so completely OUT OF TOUCH with the REAL playerbase?

" Understandably, attackers are itching to have their time to shine again… and it is high time they get to do so."

Um HELLO they DON'T need their time to shine again as it HASN'T STOPPED shining for the overpowered UNSTOPABLE conq fleets for the last 6 months at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are still plans to release base armor and defender hull armor, as well as the new Penetrative Heavy Turret."

Yeah, what century?   and whats the roadblocks going to be? Just how many shards / points and insane buildtimes are these going to have to get them?

" However, attackers are getting upgrades to their hulls that will give them the edge in battles that previously would have been lost."

THEY  DON'T   NEED    THEM   AS   THEY   ARE   STILL   I N S A I N L Y    O V E R P O W E R E D as it is, they NEED a NERF NOT a BUFF.

" Here are some of the changes you can expect in the coming weeks: 

• In the November Bounty, Warhounds are getting an upgrade to their building and wall damage to help them breach bases more easily. 

• Trenchers are also getting a faster rate of fire to keep up with the Gatekeepers rate of healing.  

• In December, Hellswarms will receive a U2 upgrade, which will pack a bigger punch. "

THEY  DON'T   NEED   THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOOP listening to the pets and START listening to the REAL playerbase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I share a lot of your sentiment here......You have been here along time and I am sure you are aware of their doublespeak.....

There are still plans etc.......This means its been mentioned maybe once or twice in a meeting or by the coffee machine.

Here are some changes etc....This means charges and they are looking forward to taking more cash from upgrades.
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    Are we going to see prize costs stabilize or continue to creep up ? the initial 35k point armour was justified becaus we only needed 2 per hull but other hulls require 4-6 armour per hull ? and still cost 35k

I brought this up before to deaf ears... apparently the Gladius was just a way to introduce the new inflated prices on everything going forward. The only thing we battling in Battle Pirates nowadays is the money lust of the powers that be and the sniveling whales that cant just click and auto a base hit without 6 preps. (You'd think they'd be happy saving coins on preps, but obviously the non-currency medals are more valuable to them?)

Someone prove me wrong?
  • Game_Over82
    Game_Over82
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 2
    any chance of ftl eng in fm 
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Dopey_87 said:

I brought this up before to deaf ears... apparently the Gladius was just a way to introduce the new inflated prices on everything going forward. The only thing we battling in Battle Pirates nowadays is the money lust of the powers that be and the sniveling whales that cant just click and auto a base hit without 6 preps. (You'd think they'd be happy saving coins on preps, but obviously the non-currency medals are more valuable to them?)

Someone prove me wrong?
    Yeah, I'd like to hear from CM_Ghille on this at it was she from memory stated that the cost being set at that was because only 2 was required.....

But I guess we are to blame as we keep going for the numbers that they put out.....

I also think that they need to take another look at things, the fact that they are STILL HAVING to give away fleets. To me that screams the progression path is terrible, and non existent.
  • MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 358
    CM_Ghillie

"Also, all new changes and fixes will be prioritized for HTML5, unless otherwise noted."

So by this, I take it to mean there is absolutely no plan to fix the dead black space at the bottom of the screen, nor to fix battles not being in red anymore when playing on the flash side, since neither one was fixed after this update. You need to focus on HTML5, I get that, I am just wanting to get a straight answer so I will know what to expect between now and the end of the year.
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • KOKKEDOOR
    KOKKEDOOR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2020 Posts: 108
    Is the game being updated or something? Not loading ( AGAIN ) for me atm.
  • SKEETER808
    SKEETER808
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2020 Posts: 30
    my alt started 2 weeks ago....and they are retiring the 120/121....how am I suppose to do the FM ..???  my free Praes can do 120 free map but not 121 ....I cant imagine doing the big targets  lol  im screwed and so are ALL new players. Good move KIX  really well thought out there.  :(
  • KOKKEDOOR
    KOKKEDOOR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2020 Posts: 108
     ^^^^ They will probably give out free Everests :0
  • Aipaloovik
    Aipaloovik
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 96
    my alt started 2 weeks ago....and they are retiring the 120/121....how am I suppose to do the FM ..???  my free Praes can do 120 free map but not 121 ....I cant imagine doing the big targets  lol  im screwed and so are ALL new players. Good move KIX  really well thought out there.  :(
    The free praetorian fleet does the 135 pretty well you can still do the fm it just wont be instant repair like you are used to
    Aipaloovik

• Lampard813
    Lampard813
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 8
    lol 120/121 gone. end of an era for a lot of people now. even doing the 135 with damage, is not going to help very much. it like in the raid if you got a fleet that can do the C lvls instant repair... use it. no come to the FM, well kix says "BEND OVER TIME"

wouldn't surprise me if kix give out a free full fleet of everest soonish.

i truly feel sorry for all the players that couldn't get a decent everest fleet built yet.
  • Zinched
    Zinched
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 117
    If you're removing the 120/121 targets, Can you find a better way for us to gather res. When everything in the game costs 100-200M or more in each resource, Salvages are useless. They hold what a couple million? So 400+ salvages for us to fill up? The 120 and 121 targets were a good way for everyone to quickly stock up. Send out the free praetorians, or everests, bring in a bunch of res for free/low repair. Especially for lower levels that get farmed and lose all their res on a regular basis. There needs to be a better/more consistent way of getting resources. Even just bumping up salvages by say 10x what they were would help a lot. 
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 583
    Zinched said:
    If you're removing the 120/121 targets, Can you find a better way for us to gather res. When everything in the game costs 100-200M or more in each resource, Salvages are useless. They hold what a couple million? So 400+ salvages for us to fill up? The 120 and 121 targets were a good way for everyone to quickly stock up. Send out the free praetorians, or everests, bring in a bunch of res for free/low repair. Especially for lower levels that get farmed and lose all their res on a regular basis. There needs to be a better/more consistent way of getting resources. Even just bumping up salvages by say 10x what they were would help a lot. 
    I would say that most of the other world map targets give out lots of resource and they can be done for free using free fleets from kix might just be time to remove salvages altogether (with exception of 100/200 for sector threat) and reduce map lag. 
  • therealsmurf
    therealsmurf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 161
    edited 18 Nov 2020, 4:47PM
     Dear kixeye you taken away the 170 and replaced it with the 172 why?... The 172 you have increased the level but not the points payout why not?... You expect us to get 140,000 for specials,armours etc but we have to chore our way through the fm whats up with you kixeyes peoples do you think as a player I am so dim and stupid . As a coiner " hey these players wont even notice the FM is a chore nothing more nothing less" COME ON KIXEYE

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
     Dear kixeye you taken away the 170 and replaced it with the 172 why?... The 172 you have increased the level but not the points payout why not?... You expect us to get 140,000 for specials,armours etc but we have to chore our way through the fm whats up with you kixeyes peoples do you think as a player I am so dim and stupid . As a coiner " hey these players wont even notice the FM is a chore nothing more nothing less" COME ON KIXEYE

Dont forget the damage increase - thats for free. It will give an extra 1hr or so for nothing!!!
  • Zinched
    Zinched
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 117
    Sputnik001 said:

Dont forget the damage increase - thats for free. It will give an extra 1hr or so for nothing!!!
    This is almost always the case. More damage, more repair, same amount of points. 
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,033

I thought we got 16k for the 170? Not that its an issue its just the same old same old that is boring.
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 112
    The 170 was 16k plus a Freedom Fist shard (IIRC)

The 172 is 18k plus a Blacklight shard.

It's an significant upgrade when you take the shard into consideration.

Plus..... now that there are upgrade paths to the Everest you have to expect these newer targets are going to be tuned for them,

This discussion has been closed.