Photon Upgrades

CharlieEssie
CharlieEssie
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 92
Can anyone tell me how many upgrade kits I need to get my photons an uv photon up to x1? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

TYVM.
  • Hoot343
    Hoot343
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 300
    Found this in another post, hope it helps,,,,,

Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011Po

Flagships (all non conqueror or defender related ships): U1 10, U2 40, U3 80 and if X1 is added it's another 80 kits.
    Ships 2-5 (regular ships) U1 10, U2 30, U3 60, and if X1 60 kits in addition.

U1 Upgrade time is 16.5 hours regular ship, 2 days plus for U2, 4-5 days for U3 if you have all of your research and lab buildings upgraded (intelligence lab being important for upgrades and at max level 17).

Flagship upgrade U1 is 19 hours, U2 is 2 days 9 hours, U3 is 5 days 18 hours I think but you need all buildings upgraded to maximum level to have that benefit.

The Breacher Dreadnaught is a Tier 8 conqueror ship so that doesn't apply here.  It would be 200 kits for U1 and 500 kits for U2--max supply you can hold is 1000 kits at any one time.
  • CharlieEssie
    CharlieEssie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 92
    edited 16 Nov 2020, 9:33PM
    thanks!
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 584
    would be so much simpler if we had an inventory for them so we could see how many we have too. never know how many i need to get! unless shipyards is free to check but thats rare as rocking horse sh...

• phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,047
    Jim_BP said:
    would be so much simpler if we had an inventory for them so we could see how many we have too. never know how many i need to get! unless shipyards is free to check but thats rare as rocking horse sh...

To find inventory........

Go to dock...go to fleet....go to hull or flag ....and click...move curser and there you are update kits owned and update kits required. 

I know its not perfect, but they tried.
    I know its a few clicks, but they were running out of time what with HTML5 an' all so more clicks,scrolling and searching might follow.
    I know they will try and put it in an inventory, but lets hope its not like the raid prize list.
  • kixeyeuser_3616496
    kixeyeuser_3616496
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 202
    Jim_BP said:

Go to dock...go to fleet....go to hull or flag ....and click...move curser and there you are update kits owned and update kits required. 

I know its a few clicks, but they were running out of time what with HTML5 an' all so more clicks,scrolling and searching might follow.
    I know they will try and put it in an inventory, but lets hope its not like the raid prize list.
    trouble is im upgrading my uv proton so cant access it and ive forgot how many i have
  • Paul Larkin
    Paul Larkin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 365
    Jim_BP said:

One thing they missed though is:

if your flagship is upgrading, then you can't see them.
    If your flagship is refitting, then you can't see them.

With the regular ships in a fleet, it's fine, since you can only upgrade or refit one at a time, then you can select any of the other 4 to check on total kits.
    But with the flagship - unless you redeem 2 (If they have raised the cap for that particular flag to 2, yet)
    - then when a flagship is upgrading, or refitting in the shipyard, you can't see how many flag upgrade kits you have.

Yes they tried, but for this particular one, they missed
     Never-mind the fact that when they introduced upgrades: That is when the kits should have been made visible - from the beginning - not a later afterthought.

• DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 592
    IIRC it only displays kits in HTML 

Best resource for this info is http://www.ahoymearty.co.uk/
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Jim_BP said:

Even simpler fix is do away with upgrade kits, the upgrades take long enough as it is with having to worry if you have enough kits also :)
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 411

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 411
    If you go under the "Fleets" tab at the top right, click on it.  You can then open that fleet up and look at an individual ship.  It will tell you how many kits you have (on the left side of the /) and how many kits it costs to upgrade to the next level (on the right side of the hash).
    The photo above was of my U3 Photon Upgrade.  As you can see to upgrade to X1 requires 80 kits and I have 80 kits on hand to upgrade it.  
    Please note with all necessary buildings upgraded to maximum levels it's an 8.5 day plus upgrade for the Photon flagship.  For ships 2-5 it's
    5 days 18 hours to upgrade each ship with no tokens currently available from a TLC or the recent raid.  To upgrade the whole fleet with no current tokens it's over 31 days to upgrade your fleet in time for the next raid.    There is another post by another player regarding the number of kits needed for upgrading ships from U1 to X1 depending upon the desired ship class.
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 584
    if only i could play on html5 then i could see this stuff. 
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    DPR said:
    Jim_BP said:

Even simpler fix is do away with upgrade kits, the upgrades take long enough as it is with having to worry if you have enough kits also :)
    Or, how bout we get rid of the smoke and mirrors and just quit calling them upgrades and return the RETROFITS that they actually are to the RETROFIT LAB and do them the way they were intended and introduced YEARS ago before this god forsaken money grubbing company took over? Why must something so simple be overthought AND complicated? Stillfront is "Master of monetizing games" this one to death... 

As for kit inventory? Has anyone ever seen anything in the "Special" tab of the token screen? Why couldnt that wasted space be used for upgrade kits inventory? Yous invented a Shard slot pretty darned quick in the intel lab, wtf is the holdup on a kits inventory? Only thing I can think of is that if we don't know how many we have, we'll waste event points for them, "just in case" we might not have them....  Did someone bring Wrongthinker back and just rename his dumbass?
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Dopey_87 said:
    DPR said:
    Jim_BP said:

Or, how bout we get rid of the smoke and mirrors and just quit calling them upgrades and return the RETROFITS that they actually are to the RETROFIT LAB and do them the way they were intended and introduced YEARS ago before this god forsaken money grubbing company took over? Why must something so simple be overthought AND complicated? Stillfront is "Master of monetizing games" this one to death... 

As for kit inventory? Has anyone ever seen anything in the "Special" tab of the token screen? Why couldnt that wasted space be used for upgrade kits inventory? Yous invented a Shard slot pretty darned quick in the intel lab, wtf is the holdup on a kits inventory? Only thing I can think of is that if we don't know how many we have, we'll waste event points for them, "just in case" we might not have them....  Did someone bring Wrongthinker back and just rename his dumbass?
    Dopey you made me LOL with your final comments 

We both been around to know that these things are wishful thinking, I have also stated a few time they should be in retrofit lab and even suggested it several times in the feedback section of the forum along with some of my other ideas to improve gameplay for everyone IMHO. unlike alot of comments which are just for the individual.

But if we dont ask or voice our opinions nothing will ever change. I did not believe we would ever get a 2nd shipyard after years of most the playerbase asking but we did finally get one.

I just hope improvements are made before it is too late for BP or i just lose interest and walkaway. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,420
    Upgrade kit inventory is a great idea, and one the team is considering. Trying to prioritize some fixes/improvements in the near future. :) 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Upgrade kit inventory is a great idea, and one the team is considering. Trying to prioritize some fixes/improvements in the near future. :) 
    Appreciate the reply, but one the team is considering ? would it not have made more sense to consider it at the time the upgrades were introduced given there importance ?

Without going full on tin foil hat mode :) why is it such a secret for players to know how many kits they have and need.....