IS THIS GAME FUN BY DIEING IN 99 OF 100 BASES?

JunkYard 3.0
JunkYard 3.0
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 75
So i wil drop this once again... is it fun to die in 99 of 100 bases?
No it is not fun , and i have said many times , this game balance only wil be good with one prep and one main , but it seems kixeye dont care... some keep hitting like me they dont care but the fun is gone for sure...
you can keep stick ya heads up into the ground or whatever they call it in english but its all boring the moment . 
raids is a grind forever , even if ya have spend money to get the best fleet out ....
base hitting sucks the moment as wel , 
so if ya ask me the moment this game is broken , and ya never get something worth ya money....
"Treat people how you like to be Treat"
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,415
    No it is not fun , and i have said many times , this game balance only wil be good with one prep and one main , but it seems kixeye dont care... some keep hitting like me they dont care but the fun is gone for sure...
    you can keep stick ya heads up into the ground or whatever they call it in english but its all boring the moment . 
    raids is a grind forever , even if ya have spend money to get the best fleet out ....
    so if ya ask me the moment this game is broken , and ya never get something worth ya money....
    There's a Designer Diary landing later today that will help explain how we are addressing this (specifically base-hitting). Noted, and thank you. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • mauijewels
    mauijewels
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 144
    I look forward to reading the diary and hope there is something good in there cuz the game is horrible atm for anyone who does want to hit. The comms has become a /base /base /base comms warrior fest with defense so overpowered its ridiculous. 
  • ElectraTheCat
    ElectraTheCat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 115
    a even ballance would be nice, not all top fleets should get into all top bases and such..... I for one have a ok base...it damages attackers win a few lose a lot, I dont mind the bubble...keeps me playing without having to worry when the next player will attack me and mess up my day while dock repairs.
    Just don't do it.  
  • Bin_Chicken
    Bin_Chicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 110
    Medal who'res are not hitting, takes time and coin to accumulate medals so even tho there is no intrinsic value on medals there is a perceived view that they have value, if players are so hung up on being recognised as the "best" player/alliance which we all are competition is life! implement another points system that does not diminish the value of there hard earned coin but rather enhances value and will get players out there bashing each other again, the worst option would be for a click to the back of the base winning fleet that only 10% of the player base is willing to fork out for "GROAN", meh would put a spike in profit short term and nothing has really changed.
  • OGRE1971
    OGRE1971
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,619
    Tier 10 Conquerors coming soon...
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat
    Medal who'res are not hitting, takes time and coin to accumulate medals so even tho there is no intrinsic value on medals there is a perceived view that they have value, if players are so hung up on being recognised as the "best" player/alliance which we all are competition is life! implement another points system that does not diminish the value of there hard earned coin but rather enhances value and will get players out there bashing each other again, the worst option would be for a click to the back of the base winning fleet that only 10% of the player base is willing to fork out for "GROAN", meh would put a spike in profit short term and nothing has really changed.
    Medals mean totaly nothing these days , and the ones who have em are the ones sitting in their base waiting to click defend base . so just keep on dreaming m8
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 396
    and the diary got it wrong-attackers are killing the game again and now they give them even more power with upgrades to the wh and helstorm and the trenchers-whales complain 'i cant click back of base and win" so kix runs to the rescue again.no love for defense  AGAIN! so sad.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,286

To answer the question in the title: no

@Kim William Harnagel said:
    and the diary got it wrong-attackers are killing the game again and now they give them even more power with upgrades to the wh and helstorm and the trenchers-whales complain 'i cant click back of base and win" so kix runs to the rescue again.no love for defense  AGAIN! so sad.

Attackers have a massive disadvantage ever since the Overlord was introduced. Upgrades to these current levels have been nowhere near enough to offset the Overlord, and the harrower was a flop

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)
    just what are you hitting the bases with? gunboats?  The u1 conqueror hulls are unstopable in most NORMAL bases.

Man what conqueror hulls do you have? Mine get totally wrecked. Furthermore, my base has gotten beat 1 time in the last MONTH which is not because I have a good base, but because not many people are attacking and base defense is really strong right now.

All people need to do is put in an Overlord in a killzone with some short and long range turrets shooting at that, and attackers are slowed down to a crawl

For everyone saying “oh well it’s time for defenders to have their turn”...most people who actually do PvP do BOTH attacking and defending and want to have fun and do both things. It’s not only attackers or only defenders...people do both things.

When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Skilled Warrior

Attackers have a massive disadvantage ever since the Overlord was introduced. Upgrades to these current levels have been nowhere near enough to offset the Overlord, and the harrower was a flop

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)
    just what are you hitting the bases with? gunboats?  The u1 conqueror hulls are unstopable in most NORMAL bases.

Man what conqueror hulls do you have? Mine get totally wrecked. Furthermore, my base has gotten beat 1 time in the last MONTH which is not because I have a good base, but because not many people are attacking and base defense is really strong right now.

All people need to do is put in an Overlord in a killzone with some short and long range turrets shooting at that, and attackers are slowed down to a crawl

For everyone saying “oh well it’s time for defenders to have their turn”...most people who actually do PvP do BOTH attacking and defending and want to have fun and do both things. It’s not only attackers or only defenders...people do both things.

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

derpy i like your videos and respect you as a player however i dont know what your on about with the ov carrier- i have witnessed both in high lvl players base as well as my own ,people are sailing right pass the carrier like they do with the gorgan -trenchers and helswarms mainly.helswarms dont need to get close to carrier they just sit outside and blast everything to bits and the trenchers just sail on by and laugh. so perhaps your experiences are isolated incedents.atm defense is at a disadvantage and thats being kind with the words.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

derpy i like your videos and respect you as a player however i dont know what your on about with the ov carrier- i have witnessed both in high lvl players base as well as my own ,people are sailing right pass the carrier like they do with the gorgan -trenchers and helswarms mainly.helswarms dont need to get close to carrier they just sit outside and blast everything to bits and the trenchers just sail on by and laugh. so perhaps your experiences are isolated incedents.atm defense is at a disadvantage and thats being kind with the words.
    Man... people do not sail right past it if it's set up decently. It's a 50% slow that you can not resist at all, in addition to other debuffs applied by the fleet. There is a reason why base hitting has slowed down so much.

Sure, if you hit bases without a decent setup or without the newer turrets or ships it will be easier to get through. I'd invite you to hit any base over 600 or so medals and beat it in under 3 hits. You go and talk to high level players in alliances, on world coms, on discord...they will all agree the Overlord is super powerful. Bases are not unbeatable...they are just too strong (especially since I'm not coining PvP ...or PvE much for that matter...and don't have an upgraded fleet).

Heck, come try someone's base who I know has a good one and I've failed in. Or mine (not because it's good or unbeatable, but because it's decent).

I wish I had the data on win rates and total hits per week before and after overlord came out and as people were building it. I'm sure Kixeye does and I would actually love to see it so I can see how much of a change it is (and maybe I'm wrong and it's a crap ship like you all say...)
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

• jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 900
    I agree base hitting right now is boring but at the same time a ship with a 30day build time should be good . The Harrower on the other hand is a flop it can do ok but not worth the build time 
    Make BP Great Again
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 583
    For me the real issue is not the hulls but the tech that is used on them, 

Top end players will have full fleets with all the tech and upgrades (FEW)

Good players will have full fleets and most the tech and some upgrades (Some)

Average players will have most hulls (prob not full fleets) limited tech and very few upgrades (Most)

The reason for this IMHO is due to the limited tech and time it takes for these upgrades. By the time MOST players have access to tech and upgrades in sufficient quantities the hulls are generally obsolete.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,421

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

The overlord is JUNK. 
    base defense,
    overlord; got one; piranha, got 1, gatekeeper, got3. Hts, got them, killzone, covered by 5 short range HTs and a lot of launcher HTs.

here comes the attack

conq fleet hits base and comes flying at at 100mil miles an hour, rushes up to first portal, BANG, BANG, portal is gone; rushes up to next portal, BANG BANG, portal is gone, rushes past piranha and gatekeepers and overlord and BANG BANG, there goes last portal, rushes behind the OP and BANG, BANG, BANG there goes the OP even WITH mountains in the way to block the incoming fire. and then the base is killed from behind.
    My turrets bang bang bang bang, bang putting 100 million billion gazallion rounds into the attacking fleet AND THEY DO NOTHING TO THEM. The HTS BARLY SCRATCH THEM.

The slowdown effect from the overlord DOESN'T WORK. The portals DON'T LAST LONG ENOUGH to keep them in a kill zone, the HTS DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. The normal turrets DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE.

No idea why the whales are saying the bases are overpowered when they are NOT. The conqueror hulls are too fast, to resistant to damage and just FAR TOO OVERPOWERED in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there is the defense tech.  Thats a joke in itself. ignoring the lack of damage from them; most defense tech is hidden away behind insane prices in bounty, same with the shards to improve them. defense hulls take FOREVER to BUILD, RANK and upgrade. defense tech takes FOREVER to build. 11 days for one mountain that doesn't do much anyway.

How can a balance be obtained when it takes players weeks to build and get tech if they DON'T SPEND $100s of $$$$$$

Base defense is a joke and has been for at least the last 6 months.
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Skilled Warrior
    couldnt agree more carl-well said
  • Bin_Chicken
    Bin_Chicken
    Minor Nuisance
    If you cant build a base with OL and current tech that keeps out 97% of attacks well that's on you, don't try and make out EVERYONE is as out of touch as you are Carl.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    If you cant build a base with OL and current tech that keeps out 97% of attacks well that's on you, don't try and make out EVERYONE is as out of touch as you are Carl.
    OK then Einstein since you know EVERYTHING TELL me how to FIX my base. What can I do differently!!!!!!!!!!

how do I slow down the attackers so they don't just blast through the base and kill the outpost. maybe if I used a portal to stop theml oh wait i have THREE of them and they die in TWO SHOTS.  How do i stop that happening,  hmm lets see, maybe if I put a gatekeeper behind them to repair them, oh WAIT; I HAVE and they still DON'T STOP the portals dying in 2 shots. Now if only there was a way to slowdown the attackers and contain them in a killzone. Hmmm how can I do that, with portals, well they don't slow them up enough so what else.????   May be if I put a overlord carrier in the channel to slow them up OH WAIT I GOT ONE in the channel and it doesn't slow them enough to keep them there so the HTs can't do their job. So come on then since you think you are the expert; ENLIGHTEN ME as to what I can do differently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bin_Chicken
    Bin_Chicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Carl relax you are lvl 142 so confident you understand the basic's and could follow direction on base builds, I suggest you find the player in your world with the most medals and steal their base design for your own, tweak it until your happy something I have learnt just recently is that the specials you put on buildings etc to enhance turrets and affect attacking fleets make a huge difference, no.... not at all you are welcome :).
  • BPSmokey
    BPSmokey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 246
    Possaman said:
    I dont usually do this, but here goes.
     Ahh, are the poor base hitters getting their fleets sank all the time? Diddums. Suck it up buttercup,  there are more times than enough when the fleets are so overpowered the bases are flat within a minute. How is that fun? Click back of base and relax?
    This is just 1 of those times when the pendulum has swung 1 way. I`m sure soon Still/kix will over react and another overpowered fleet will emerge and flatten bases within seconds again. In the meantime....whahhhh! :D  
    Yup, everyone start crying now that your fleets are getting hurt, time to nerf base defense as usual. Notice that the new Conqueror is coming out 1st, then maybe a few months down the line we will get a T10 defender but if its like others it wont move.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    OK then Einstein since you know EVERYTHING TELL me how to FIX my base. What can I do differently!!!!!!!!!!

how do I slow down the attackers so they don't just blast through the base and kill the outpost. maybe if I used a portal to stop theml oh wait i have THREE of them and they die in TWO SHOTS.  How do i stop that happening,  hmm lets see, maybe if I put a gatekeeper behind them to repair them, oh WAIT; I HAVE and they still DON'T STOP the portals dying in 2 shots. Now if only there was a way to slowdown the attackers and contain them in a killzone. Hmmm how can I do that, with portals, well they don't slow them up enough so what else.????   May be if I put a overlord carrier in the channel to slow them up OH WAIT I GOT ONE in the channel and it doesn't slow them enough to keep them there so the HTs can't do their job. So come on then since you think you are the expert; ENLIGHTEN ME as to what I can do differently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking if you could apply some kind of slowdown effect, that would be pretty good. Maybe even get a special slow resist that can't be resisted through tactical field resist and was one of a kind... And if it was on some defender hull that had nearly 100 million armor which also had some really offensive capabilities, that might help...AND it made your other guard ships twice as effective...and had an insane range that allows you to have a smaller land border to massively change your base... OH WAIT we have that

If I'm being serious,and because I feel a tad bad for that first paragraph, portals DO die in one or two shots you're right about that. The GK's healing ability is not very great on it's own. Also, it's not just a *smack it in the channel and you win* ship, you almost have to design your base around it.

As an example, this is what my general channel layout looks like. Not plopped directly in the center, and you can guess where some short and long range turrets go to counter this (although, there are one or two flaws to this exact setup). Take the concepts, forget the exact layout. 

• Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    edited 18 Nov 2020, 4:09AM

And once again Kix is ASSUMING that everyone as one, hence the upcoming Conq buffs.... 1 in 10 bases having one does not upset the universes balance, so the upcoming Conq upgrades/buffs are unwarranted at this point. What was it we used to say? Oh, yaeh, "git gud!"

Not always... I dont hit bases very often, but i do try to make mine defendable. make sense? The PVP format is being "tuned" by the one side giving input, and that's the $$ side... prove me wrong?

No idea why the whales are saying the bases are overpowered when they are NOT. The conqueror hulls are too fast, to resistant to damage and just FAR TOO OVERPOWERED in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because some lvl 140ish tried to sealclub a 100 and found he had the new toys and got his stern whomped by a munchkin

I'm thinking if you could apply some kind of slowdown effect, that would be pretty good. Maybe even get a special slow resist that can't be resisted through tactical field resist and was one of a kind... And if it was on some defender hull that had nearly 100 million armor which also had some really offensive capabilities, that might help...AND it made your other guard ships twice as effective...and had an insane range that allows you to have a smaller land border to massively change your base... OH WAIT we have that

Once again... someone is assuming that EVERY FUDGING PLAYER has this!!! Even you said that OC aside base def is sht since everything else dies in 1-2 shots. Pick a fudging crisis Derpy!! Two new-ish Def hulls do NOT outweigh how any new-ish conq hulls that are once again getting upgrades/buffs because base def actually works now? Get stuffed...

*Edit: Bets the upcoming new upgrades for Conq hulls are because there is a camp this week that will let us normal pleabs get the OC/Piranha? Cant have that stuff easily accessible without counteracting it before its useful for the common folk can we?

Once again, prove me wrong?
  • midnews
    midnews
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 145
    Not mine.  My design must be off because almost all of those who hit me walk over me.  And that is with the latest turrets in there.
    DedDude_K 
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord

AS   I   HAVE   SAID   BEFORE   BUT   PEOPLE   DON'T   READ   I   H A V E   THE   OVERLORD   CARRIER   AND    IT   DOES   N O T H I N G   TO   SLOW   DOWN   THE    CONQUERORS    TO   KEEP    THEM    LONG   ENOUGH   IN   A   KILL    ZONE   FOR   THE   HT's   TO   DO   THEIR   JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Possaman
    Possaman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 156
    Derpy is right here. If the attackers are running past the overlord once then change your base so they have to run by it twice. You have to design your base around the overlord. It is not the panacea to all attackers but it is a significantly large piece of it. Think of it as the centre point and work from there.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,099
    This thread is funny. Turrets and defender fleets are a joke. Egg shells shooting nerf balls. Redesigning your base takes way too long and is a major pain.  We shouldn't have to redesign our bases around one ship that will soon be outdated.  The turrets are too limited in their range, and we really need SOMETHING to work on the others that don't the have heavy turrets, and still have a 360 degree firing range.
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat
    There's a Designer Diary landing later today that will help explain how we are addressing this (specifically base-hitting). Noted, and thank you. 
    Wel i have read the diary and i dont hope it wil come to the fact if we wonna keep up base hitting a 50 day per fleet upgrade time wil come again , how i c it , the ones who have bought the U1 upgrade and the whale haters wil respond to this ... those whales or i cal em the people who keeps the game going have payed for an useles upgrade , and i really hope these upgrades who are needed desperate wil be in done in a few days so all players can participate.....
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

The overlord is JUNK. 
    base defense,
    overlord; got one; piranha, got 1, gatekeeper, got3. Hts, got them, killzone, covered by 5 short range HTs and a lot of launcher HTs.

here comes the attack

conq fleet hits base and comes flying at at 100mil miles an hour, rushes up to first portal, BANG, BANG, portal is gone; rushes up to next portal, BANG BANG, portal is gone, rushes past piranha and gatekeepers and overlord and BANG BANG, there goes last portal, rushes behind the OP and BANG, BANG, BANG there goes the OP even WITH mountains in the way to block the incoming fire. and then the base is killed from behind.
    My turrets bang bang bang bang, bang putting 100 million billion gazallion rounds into the attacking fleet AND THEY DO NOTHING TO THEM. The HTS BARLY SCRATCH THEM.

The slowdown effect from the overlord DOESN'T WORK. The portals DON'T LAST LONG ENOUGH to keep them in a kill zone, the HTS DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. The normal turrets DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE.

Then there is the defense tech.  Thats a joke in itself. ignoring the lack of damage from them; most defense tech is hidden away behind insane prices in bounty, same with the shards to improve them. defense hulls take FOREVER to BUILD, RANK and upgrade. defense tech takes FOREVER to build. 11 days for one mountain that doesn't do much anyway.

How can a balance be obtained when it takes players weeks to build and get tech if they DON'T SPEND $100s of $$$$$$

Base defense is a joke and has been for at least the last 6 months.
    Before i clicked enter on my post i allready knw crying people like you would react on this post ... 
    And instead of spending time making useles posts here or reply ya better go ingame and peek some of the people that are defenders like you , they are on top of medal leaderboards the moment, take a sub out and peek their bases , i even invite ya to peek mine cause when ya over lvl 100 like you are and dont know how to defend or attack maybe ya just not smart enough to play this game ... or maybe it wil be smart to get ya buddy`s who did like ya reply and talk abt base defence and peek some bases toghether and get to an point to make an unbreakable base , because its not that hard the moment because kix gave ya all tools on a platter... 
    And i think its always pathatic to put up in a reply and cry abt them whales , in fact i am not one of them but those are keep the game going , so when those are gone you wil be gone fast as wel because the game wil not make money and they wil pull the plugg....

Base hitting is broken and i really hope for an fast fix because thats the only fun part in the game .. i really dislike how raids are going where ya need to hit same targets hundreds of times.. 

for now i leave it to that or maybe someone comes up with something brilliant or an reply that makes sence...
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

Man... people do not sail right past it if it's set up decently. It's a 50% slow that you can not resist at all, in addition to other debuffs applied by the fleet. There is a reason why base hitting has slowed down so much.

Sure, if you hit bases without a decent setup or without the newer turrets or ships it will be easier to get through. I'd invite you to hit any base over 600 or so medals and beat it in under 3 hits. You go and talk to high level players in alliances, on world coms, on discord...they will all agree the Overlord is super powerful. Bases are not unbeatable...they are just too strong (especially since I'm not coining PvP ...or PvE much for that matter...and don't have an upgraded fleet).

Heck, come try someone's base who I know has a good one and I've failed in. Or mine (not because it's good or unbeatable, but because it's decent).

I wish I had the data on win rates and total hits per week before and after overlord came out and as people were building it. I'm sure Kixeye does and I would actually love to see it so I can see how much of a change it is (and maybe I'm wrong and it's a crap ship like you all say...)
    I am totaly with ya on that m8 , and ya englisch is lucky better then mine lol , and the people who cant fix their base and are lvl 100 plus ? they maybe can try and fix it by start hitting bases so they can understand mechanics or the other way .. quit .. its hard to c people short sighted and just start typing when they are not right man ......
  • devilsreject971
    devilsreject971
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,308
    @CM_Ghillie

I'll be blunt, you need to roll the buffs to the Conquerors BEFORE Bounty so we as a player base can figure out how things are going to work. The last thing any of us want is a cluster of a Bounty like the last one, where everyone basically quit day one.

Furthermore, your nerf to the Harrower only made it worse than it already was. Don't come out with some U1 update... FIX THE FREAKING HULL.